PDA

View Full Version : Region II GotW: Pilot Point (1-1) @ Celina (2-0)

orange machine
09-05-2010, 01:05 AM
Long time rivals meet again.

JJWalker
09-05-2010, 10:46 AM
As hard as it is for me to admit, Celina has been showing much better offense than I expected.

So, I think Celina shows why Pilot Point quit playing them. :(

ssgmp5150
09-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Agreed! Celina rips Pilot Point bad this year winning by at least 40 points! Some doubted PP would go back to 3A, but I never questioned it. Now, going 3A again combined with losing a few key players to graduation is going to seriously hamper PP! Celina wins bigtime as I think they have returned to old form and will have an undefeated season enroute to yet another state title!

OldNavy
09-05-2010, 01:14 PM
I will pick Celina, but it could be a closer game than some are predicting. Pilot Point has averaged 470 yds of offense in their two games. They have a good passing game and were more balanced in their win over Iowa Park.

Pilot Point seems that they might be not as strong against the run as last year and running seems to be a strong suite for Celina. I'll Pick Celina by two touchdowns. Cold be more if they got on a run and Pilot Point turns the ball over like they did against Liberty Christian.

orange machine
09-05-2010, 01:30 PM
I think the Celina defense is much better than it showed against Prestonwood. Prestonwood had the best pure passing attack that I have seen in the spread in 3a. Not to mention the last two touchdowns they scored in the 4th were against the Celina base defense with no stunts because the game was well in hand. I think the secondary needs a little work, but overall the defense is very solid. Pilot Point will have to score on every possession to beat Celina.

OldNavy
09-05-2010, 02:36 PM
OM, you may be right, as I have not been able to see either Celina or Pilot Point play this year. I am trying to read box scores and handicap that way and it is not easy. I just know that in years past, 47 yards of O against Liberty Christian and Iowa Park would indicate a pretty potent offense.

I will be happy with a win and am glad to see this rivalry being renewed.

emacppbcat4life
09-05-2010, 04:18 PM
PP by 3! Gotta stay confident in my PP boys!!!

OldNavy
09-05-2010, 04:57 PM
What, has PP got a good kicker this year?

gatordaze
09-05-2010, 05:35 PM
The best way to keep it close is going to be to pull a Celina and control the clock. I really think that teams like Pilot Point that just want to try and outscore you will struggle against Celina this year.

Celina is in a unique postion for them in that the Offense at this point in the season is pretty far ahead of the defense. They have 6 rb's that can all get it done and the best Oline in years. They have only punted twice this year and not at all since the first half of the Ranchview game. Every drive other than those two punts has ended in as score, a missed field goal or an interception. One of those interceptions was in the wildcat formation and was just a bad pass by someone that was wearing gloves that does not pass often.

The defense gave up points and yards last week to what is a very good passing team primarily through a lack of pressure and early the week before to a very athletic RB/QB that basically could out athlete them one on one.

In years past, Celina has used extreme pressure to force the QB to get rid of the ball. It has even worked this year once adjustments were made forcing a couple of picks and a fumble or two. They typically have used an undersized speed rusher that has caused that pressure. This season and until Tanner returns in a couple of weeks they have mostly run stoppers on the Dline and therefore not getting as much pressure without the blitz.

Offensively, PP has put up alot of yards and allowed alot of yards. Celina has not yet played against a power rushing team which I think is their strength defensively. If PP can air it out and get rid of the ball they will score points. I dont see a very atheltic runner on film and I heard that they will run the triple option from time to time. I think Celina will match up well against that.

Defensively, unless the PP Defense can stop the power running game which they have not yet shown I think that Celina continues to score in the 50's and PP will score between 21-28.

Keith7
09-05-2010, 05:55 PM
PP by 24

orange machine
09-05-2010, 06:06 PM
I agree with Gator on everything, but one thing the score, I think the defense gives up less than 14 points.

bobcat4life
09-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
PP by 24 They wont be within 24 of Celina....wait and see

BEAST
09-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
Agreed! Celina rips Pilot Point bad this year winning by at least 40 points! Some doubted PP would go back to 3A, but I never questioned it. Now, going 3A again combined with losing a few key players to graduation is going to seriously hamper PP! Celina wins bigtime as I think they have returned to old form and will have an undefeated season enroute to yet another state title!

They better figure out a way to go D1 if they plan on another title.

BEAST

bigwood33
09-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST
Beast, educate yourself, Celina IS the biggest school in their district. They can ONLY go D1.

gatordaze
09-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST

Cmon BEAST! Anyone that can coach a state championship like you did this summer should not have made that rookie mistake! Lions and Bocats represent in 2010!

CHS_89
09-05-2010, 09:18 PM
I'll be there in my normal standing spot in the north endzone. I predict a good game! Bobcats by 14. Running game is hot right now with a passing game if they need it. OM, look me up Friday night.

orange machine
09-05-2010, 09:23 PM
You got it.

MN95
09-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
PP by 24

It's not a Celina thread unless the idiot weighs in.

Twirling Time
09-06-2010, 08:03 AM
The D1 draw's not looking so tough for Celina as it was earlier. Lovejoy showed to be mortal, and it looks like Sanger will get a berth and nudge Argyle down to small school.

ctown
09-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Mortal is another term for wounded. Wounded can mean a harder fight. Especially with some bulletin board material to motivate. I wouldn't feel too comfortable on which is the easier division for a few more weeks.

d0tc0m
09-06-2010, 09:13 AM
The experts always say that anything can happen in a rivalry game, and most of the time, they're right. Not this rivalry though. Celina wins this one by as much as they want. PP lost too much, and just won't have enough to stop Celina's rejuvenated offense. Without Johnson running the rock for PP, they'll have to reach into the bag of tricks to score more than 14 against the Bobcats this week.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
The best way to keep it close is going to be to pull a Celina and control the clock. I really think that teams like Pilot Point that just want to try and outscore you will struggle against Celina this year.

Celina is in a unique postion for them in that the Offense at this point in the season is pretty far ahead of the defense. They have 6 rb's that can all get it done and the best Oline in years. They have only punted twice this year and not at all since the first half of the Ranchview game. Every drive other than those two punts has ended in as score, a missed field goal or an interception. One of those interceptions was in the wildcat formation and was just a bad pass by someone that was wearing gloves that does not pass often.

The defense gave up points and yards last week to what is a very good passing team primarily through a lack of pressure and early the week before to a very athletic RB/QB that basically could out athlete them one on one.

In years past, Celina has used extreme pressure to force the QB to get rid of the ball. It has even worked this year once adjustments were made forcing a couple of picks and a fumble or two. They typically have used an undersized speed rusher that has caused that pressure. This season and until Tanner returns in a couple of weeks they have mostly run stoppers on the Dline and therefore not getting as much pressure without the blitz.

Offensively, PP has put up alot of yards and allowed alot of yards. Celina has not yet played against a power rushing team which I think is their strength defensively. If PP can air it out and get rid of the ball they will score points. I dont see a very atheltic runner on film and I heard that they will run the triple option from time to time. I think Celina will match up well against that.

Defensively, unless the PP Defense can stop the power running game which they have not yet shown I think that Celina continues to score in the 50's and PP will score between 21-28.

Triple option....:eek:

gatordaze
09-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Triple option....:eek:

Wanted to see if anyone really reads long posts!

Twirling Time
09-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by ctown
Mortal is another term for wounded. Wounded can mean a harder fight. Especially with some bulletin board material to motivate. I wouldn't feel too comfortable on which is the easier division for a few more weeks.

By mortal, I obviously meant "not invincible" or "not untouchable."

Lovejoy will not be 11-0. That's not to say they won't be mighty tough in Week 12. Just saying the trail beyond them has already been blazed.

Black Swarm
09-06-2010, 12:24 PM
A couple of questions?
Can PP's defense slow down Celina's offense? In first two games defense is giving up alot of points.
Can PP's O-line protect Price?
If they can do this PP has a shot.
If not could be long night for PP.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-07-2010, 07:18 AM
With 55 kids going out for football this season grades 9-12. I will be glad if PP just makes it of the bus, and glad that Ford picked a team with such low numbers to compete against, just call us lucky I guess.. :) I look forward at trying to find a parking space.:p

BILLYFRED0000
09-07-2010, 07:42 AM
With 55 kids going out for football this season grades 9-12. I will be glad if PP just makes it of the bus, and glad that Ford picked a team with such low numbers to compete against, just call us lucky I guess.. :) I look forward at trying to find a parking space.:p
finding a parking place isn/t that the truth.

You can park in my yard if you want. I am a couple of blocks down the street towards bobcat Kuntry. We always just walk. Nice to be that close to the stadium. I am surprised at the numbers.
You would think that with the recent success you would have an increase not a drop off.

ctown
09-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Ah the smell of sarcasm in the morning...

BILLYFRED0000
09-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Ya know interesting trivia. Jacob has better numbers than Price at this point.

Higher completion percentage 5 td's and only one int. and only 26 yards less passing. Price has 3 int's and 3 td's. And they have not played a pressure defense like the bobcats yet. This could be a tough test for PP.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Ya know interesting trivia. Jacob has better numbers than Price at this point.

Higher completion percentage 5 td's and only one int. and only 26 yards less passing. Price has 3 int's and 3 td's. And they have not played a pressure defense like the bobcats yet. This could be a tough test for PP.

Congrats...and your last statement looks correct also. Like I said...... I just hope our boys can make it off the bus.:)

gatordaze
09-07-2010, 10:54 AM

Didn't know Ford got to pick. I thought it was an agreement between teams. Man I am glad Prosper didn't get to pick or Argyle or Brownwood! If so we could lose 5 games again this season.

I heard 27 varsity players many going both ways and the loss of 1 coach that got upset quit in the middle of the Iowa Park game. Can anyone confirm this?

PPSTATEBOUND
09-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Didn't know Ford got to pick. I thought it was an agreement between teams. Man I am glad Prosper didn't get to pick or Argyle or Brownwood! If so we could lose 5 games again this season.

I heard 27 varsity players many going both ways and the loss of 1 coach that got upset quit in the middle of the Iowa Park game. Can anyone confirm this?

I would imagine one coach asked another, and the other accepted........ thats usually how it works.

Sounds about right..the last statement is far from the truth.:)

BILLYFRED0000
09-07-2010, 11:46 AM
I would imagine one coach asked another, and the other accepted........ thats usually how it works.

So then none of those other teams asked. They were afraid to huh.....

gatordaze
09-07-2010, 11:49 AM

So are you saying that this weeks coaching staff is the same as last weeks?

BILLYFRED0000
09-07-2010, 11:53 AM
hey gator good to see you monday at practice btw, but I had heard something like that too. Do you think they would tell us if true?

PPSTATEBOUND
09-07-2010, 11:55 AM
So are you saying that this weeks coaching staff is the same as last weeks?

It's Tuesday......I have no idea. :)

gatordaze
09-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Fair enough. He could have quit in the 4th quarter for all I know

PPSTATEBOUND
09-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Fair enough. He could have quit in the 4th quarter for all I know

Or maybe not have even quit at all, I mean for all you know.:)

PPSTATEBOUND
09-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
So then none of those other teams asked. They were afraid to huh.....

If that's what you say.

gatordaze
09-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Or maybe not have even quit at all, I mean for all you know.:)

A truer statement could not be made! 99% of everything written here is speculation, opinion, rumor, innuendo, or misdirection.

My rule of thumb is to not "start" rumors (the others are all fair game) and not use names. If what is said is completely inaccurate then no one will even know what I am talking about, If partially true some one will clarify, and if irrelevant to the topic that point will also be made.

The more important point is what has happened in your great football crazy town to keep so many boys in the stands? It cant be numbers as even a historically weak program in lower classifications field more than 27 varsity players and 50 total. You guys just won a championship and are arguable the most successful program in history. When was the last time PP only had a Varsity and JV team and no Freshman Team? When a coach up and leaves for any reason in the middle of the game, or season for that matter, it implies discord. It may be completely justified, but is is still a distraction.

Celina and PP renew a rivalry Friday night and the significance is not lost on anyone in either town. I mean no disrespect to PP or anyone associated with the program. If what I asked about numbers and coaching staffs is completely untrue then that will come out. If it is true then something in PP is amiss an it is a shame if it hinders the performance of what just last season was a great football team.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-07-2010, 12:39 PM
A truer statement could not be made! 99% of everything written here is speculation, opinion, rumor, innuendo, or misdirection.

My rule of thumb is to not "start" rumors (the others are all fair game) and not use names. If what is said is completely inaccurate then no one will even know what I am talking about, If partially true some one will clarify, and if irrelevant to the topic that point will also be made.

The more important point is what has happened in your great football crazy town to keep so many boys in the stands? It cant be numbers as even a historically weak program in lower classifications field more than 27 varsity players and 50 total. You guys just won a championship and are arguable the most successful program in history. When was the last time PP only had a Varsity and JV team and no Freshman Team? When a coach up and leaves for any reason in the middle of the game, or season for that matter, it implies discord. It may be completely justified, but is is still a distraction.

Celina and PP renew a rivalry Friday night and the significance is not lost on anyone in either town. I mean no disrespect to PP or anyone associated with the program. If what I asked about numbers and coaching staffs is completely untrue then that will come out. If it is true then something in PP is amiss an it is a shame if it hinders the performance of what just last season was a great football team.

I believe PP only had a JV and Varsity last season and also had the number 50 something show up for two a days. A high of 105 in 2004 to a low of 55 in 2010 for 2 a days. Some coaches are more of a kid magnet and some are polar opposites.

gatordaze
09-07-2010, 12:45 PM
I believe PP only had a JV and Varsity last season and also had the number 50 something show up for two a days. A high of 105 in 2004 to a low of 55 in 2010 for 2 a days. Most people can read between the lines and see that some coaches are more of a kid magnet and some are polar opposites.

Magnet or not it must work for wins. You only need 11 at a time if they are the right 11.

Congrats on your championship last year. It seems that you have a potent offense and I am looking for a high scoring war with lots of Orange, White and Black!

Good luck Friday night

PPSTATEBOUND
09-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Magnet or not it must work for wins. You only need 11 at a time if they are the right 11.

Congrats on your championship last year. It seems that you have a potent offense and I am looking for a high scoring war with lots of Orange, White and Black!

Good luck Friday night

Back at ya, and thanks.:)

BILLYFRED0000
09-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Back at ya, and thanks.:)

Yah that is a true statement. I have always liked Pilot Point and have friends there. Looking forward to getting back to what was once one of the greatest rivalries in the state. Two great programs 10 miles apart sharing coaches over the years. And between the two of us we have 11 state titles. Now if that ain't a rivalry and a necessary respect for each other whatever would be?

Bruce
09-07-2010, 01:20 PM
PPSTATEBOUND, before long PP will be playing 6-man football (55) with those type of numbers, just joking. What your saying, PP just has a V and Jv and no Freshman team. Also I heard one of coach's walk off the practice field last week, something happen between the coaching staff. Do you know anything about that? I remember the last time we played PP the week of Celina and Pilot Point game the coach from PP said he did not have a Freshman team, but the funny part was that PP played a freshman game before and after Celina and Pilot Point week, sound odd. Get us the latest scoop Statebound. I want to wish both teams the best this week in football.Thanks!

PPSTATEBOUND
09-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Bruce
PPSTATEBOUND, before long PP will be playing 6-man football (55) with those type of numbers, just joking. What your saying, PP just has a V and Jv and no Freshman team. Also I heard one of coach's walk off the practice field last week, something happen between the coaching staff. Do you know anything about that? I remember the last time we played PP the week of Celina and Pilot Point game the coach from PP said he did not have a Freshman team, but the funny part was that PP played a freshman game before and after Celina and Pilot Point week, sound odd. Get us the latest scoop Statebound. I want to wish both teams the best this week in football.Thanks!

We have no freshman team, 55 players was the count at two-a-days, and I believe the coach called all his foes and told them the same early on. We have had no coaches walking off the field or quitting their jobs in the past 2 weeks. I count 34 healthy bodies on the Roster and team picture. That leaves 21 for a freshman and JV team barring injuries and that doesn't leave enough for both JV and Fresh teams. Hope that answers your questions.

:)

nt7on7
09-07-2010, 02:36 PM
You are short a coach because he was relieved of duties last week.

BILLYFRED0000
09-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Hey there aint nuthin wrong with short coaches.....:D

O&B061
09-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Hey the coach:
He was not let go at practice, nor did he get mad and leave during the middle of a game. It was at a meeting when he got angry with Coach Feldt. He was a great coach, i was sad to hear that this happened but hey...there is a wonderful coach in the market now, one of these nearby schools needs to take advantage

charlesrixey
09-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Took me a while to decide but i went ahead and went with an old standby. This will be a huge season-momentum building game for both teams, but Pilot Point will have to come to Celina and stop their offense as well, two things that will be hard to overcome.

please merge with the previous thread....

gatordaze
09-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Good to see Keith and Pick both got in early to vote!

Pick6
09-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Good to see Keith and Pick both got in early to vote!

Have you ever been right about anything? Haven't voted and won't on this useless game.

gatordaze
09-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Have you ever been right about anything? Haven't voted and won't on this useless game.

just like poking a bees nest...

Pick6
09-08-2010, 09:56 AM
just like poking a bees nest...

Keep throwing crap on the wall, maybe one day you'll be right.

Pottsboro/Whitesboro will be a better game than this one.

NastySlot
09-08-2010, 09:56 AM
not trying to hijack this post...but I posted yesterday that I was looking for a game in the dfw area the weekend of Oct 1 (tx/ou) I've seen Celina play playoff games but never a game in Celina....what is you opinion on the match with Lake Worth that weekend......good game.....blow out...come for the experience of Celina home game football?

bigwood33
09-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Blow out...don't waste your time. The atmosphere will only be good for about a QTR because it will be out of hand by then. JMO

NastySlot
09-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Blow out...don't waste your time. The atmosphere will only be good for about a QTR because it will be out of hand by then. JMO

I figured...but was weighing it cause I figured someday soon that stadium in Celina will be no more......and it would be nice to say I caught a game in their old stadium.............Guyer and Coppell matchup....just don't know about the atmosphere at that.

bigwood33
09-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I don't think they have any plans to build a new stadium anytime soon. Butch likes it the way it is.

gatordaze
09-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I don't think they have any plans to build a new stadium anytime soon. Butch likes it the way it is.

I think the plan is to just move all non game day activity out to the HS. Need a field house/weight room out their first. Kids driving between the school and practice is a liability.

charlesrixey
09-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
not trying to hijack this post...but I posted yesterday that I was looking for a game in the dfw area the weekend of Oct 1 (tx/ou) I've seen Celina play playoff games but never a game in Celina....what is you opinion on the match with Lake Worth that weekend......good game.....blow out...come for the experience of Celina home game football?

I think Lake Worth is an acceptable home opponent if you wanted to come check out the atmosphere. Unfortunately, LW doesn't have much offense back from their 8-4 playoff team that blew through their district last year (including wins over Ranchview and Madison) but they may have a better defense than Pilot Point so.....

probably a clear win for the Bobcats, but unless you were here for the rivalry game with PP any remaining home game doesn't really stand out. LW and Van Alstyne will be the best of the rest

orange machine
09-09-2010, 04:14 AM
I would like to see the stadium stay where it is. The stadium does need lots of up grades such as bigger stands on both sides, new concessions and restrooms. I think the biggest problem building bigger stands on the home side is how close the field house is to the stands. I don't know if there is a way to build around the field house.

garciap77
09-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Celina Bobcats win this one!

gatordaze
09-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
I would like to see the stadium stay where it is. The stadium does need lots of up grades such as bigger stands on both sides, new concessions and restrooms. I think the biggest problem building bigger stands on the home side is how close the field house is to the stands. I don't know if there is a way to build around the field house.

They just need to remove the field house and indoor and make the fields on all sides parking. Add game day locker rooms and move all else out to the high school.

BILLYFRED0000
09-09-2010, 08:28 AM
They just need to remove the field house and indoor and make the fields on all sides parking. Add game day locker rooms and move all else out to the high school.

Yep. That would be the ticket.

orange machine
09-09-2010, 11:04 AM
I wish they would do that. I guess really they could just add to the home bleachers they have now and build a nice new press box.

BILLYFRED0000
09-09-2010, 04:26 PM
I wish we had some smack talk on this one. Truth is Pilot Point and Coach Feldt have done alright. We will see what tomorrow may bring.

CHS_89
09-09-2010, 04:37 PM
I am not buying into this"woe is us" talk. Pilot Point will be ready to play. Celina better be ready and have their chin straps tight. Friday night rekindles a storied rivalry between two historically awesome teams and anything can happen. Coach Feldt just won a championship and his kids will be ready. This talk about "I hope we can make it off the bus" is rubbish, and you know it PPSB, lol!!!

OldNavy
09-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I figured...but was weighing it cause I figured someday soon that stadium in Celina will be no more......and it would be nice to say I caught a game in their old stadium.............Guyer and Coppell matchup....just don't know about the atmosphere at that.

You will like the field if you can find a place to sit. Heck, you may even catch an errant pass or punt because you nearly are sitting on the sideline because there is no track around the field.

By the way, if they ever stop playing football there, I suspect it will become a historical monument in Celina, complete with a museum, tours and an Imax of old state championship games.

alaskacat
09-10-2010, 03:20 AM
I wish I was there to see this one. I just cant get home until the 19th of October,moose season is open:)

ctown
09-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Since PPState didn't want to hear it on his junior high score update request, I'll put it here.

Pilot Point canceled the JV game but very easily could have showed up to play on one of our turf fields in Celina. It is a silly ploy to have a few of the better JV kids available tonight.

It seems that not only was PP not able to get off the bus, the JV couldn't even get on it. Bring whatever JV you want. If you thought it was a good year to get back into the rivalry with Celina, you were wrong. We reloaded in a big way. Cheap shenanigans like canceling JV games to use those players won't help.:hand:

gatordaze
09-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ctown
Since PPState didn't want to hear it on his junior high score update request, I'll put it here.

Pilot Point canceled the JV game but very easily could have showed up to play on one of our turf fields in Celina. It is a silly ploy to have a few of the better JV kids available tonight.

It seems that not only was PP not able to get off the bus, the JV couldn't even get on it. Bring whatever JV you want. If you thought it was a good year to get back into the rivalry with Celina, you were wrong. We reloaded in a big way. Cheap shenanigans like canceling JV games to use those players won't help.:hand:

Not to defend PP but I do not expect that they think that those players will help or they would not be on JV to begin with.

From what I can tell the current PP culture has caused a few kids to rethink if they even want to play football. I would expect that the 50 or so that are still out there are either hard core or trying to meet a parents expectations. I am not sure the love of the game is what is happening in PP right now. Hard to believe that a year after a SC there would be any discord but there sure seems to be.

As for numbers on the sideline, if they suit up 50 after canceling we may have 100 of ours as our JV players are eligible to suit up.

The difference is that once we cross 600 yards of offense on the night they will actually get to play. (last part added for shock value)

BILLYFRED0000
09-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Not to defend PP but I do not expect that they think that those players will help or they would not be on JV to begin with.

From what I can tell the current PP culture has caused a few kids to rethink if they even want to play football. I would expect that the 50 or so that are still out there are either hard core or trying to meet a parents expectations. I am not sure the love of the game is what is happening in PP right now. Hard to believe that a year after a SC there would be any discord but there sure seems to be.

As for numbers on the sideline, if they suit up 50 after canceling we may have 100 of ours as our JV players are eligible to suit up.

The difference is that once we cross 600 yards of offense on the night they will actually get to play. (last part added for shock value)

Could happen gator ya never know.

orange machine
09-10-2010, 01:21 PM
I think Coach Ford should run the score up now. That's stupid not to play because the field is wet, I know PP has a practice field it may be grass also, but who cares if it gets tore up. If I was a jv parent I would be raising all kinds of poo poo.

O&B061
09-10-2010, 04:40 PM
um the PP jv isn't any good...ever give that one a thought? They arnt saving any players for the game tonight because they wont help!! STOP assuming you know everything about PP. The word you "hear" means nothing at all. If you truly believe everyhthing you hear...then go ahead, see how far it gets you...should be a good game tonight, looking forward to it.

ctown
09-10-2010, 04:52 PM
First of all I never said PP JV was any good. Don't really care. Dont have to know anything about PP to say it. Just saying it seems like a poor trick to play to get some bodies available. Personally I hope celina racks it up so bad on PP that the JV plays 4th qtr. The other part of me would like to see 70 get hung on y'all. Maybe both can happen. Magic. :D