PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for Field Turf.

marler1972
09-08-2010, 08:09 AM
With all this rain I would hate to have to play on grass.....

NastySlot
09-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by marler1972
With all this rain I would hate to have to play on grass.....

really I would of enjoyed...softer surfaces.................but than again artificial turf in my day was astro turf and that was carpet on concrete.

marler1972
09-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
really I would of enjoyed...softer surfaces.................but than again artificial turf in my day was astro turf and that was carpet on concrete.

I played Plano and Plano East a few times at clark stadium in the late 80's and not only was the turf hard but the cracks in the turf and crickets were great also.....

LE Dad
09-08-2010, 08:28 AM
It's not gonna be bad....yet. I think most of this rain soaked right in, but if it continues to rain then there could be some issues.

NastySlot
09-08-2010, 08:39 AM
I played Plano and Plano East a few times at clark stadium in the late 80's and not only was the turf hard but the cracks in the turf and crickets were great also.....

who could forget the turf burns on arms, stomach and back.

LionKing
09-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Field turf is nothing like the old Astro turf of the 70's and 80's, I'm with the OP, thank goodness for field turf, now schools don't have to worry about tearing their field up, plus now no excuses for not having an equal playing field.

NastySlot
09-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by LionKing
Field turf is nothing like the old Astro turf of the 70's and 80's, I'm with the OP, thank goodness for field turf, now schools don't have to worry about tearing their field up, plus now no excuses for not having an equal playing field.

your right.....right now with all the rain...there maybe sub-varsity games cancelled so that the field is playable on friday.

marler1972
09-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
It's not gonna be bad....yet. I think most of this rain soaked right in, but if it continues to rain then there could be some issues.

LOL I had a lake in my front and back yard......

coach
09-08-2010, 10:27 AM
im at a 4a school right now and we havbe played 2 scrimmages and a game and we have yet to see field turf

NastySlot
09-08-2010, 10:30 AM
LOL I had a lake in my front and back yard......

just got a break in the rain and it looks to be clearing up here in the hill country....never really had hard-hard rain just hasn't stopped much since it started yesterday.

LE Dad
09-08-2010, 10:34 AM
LOL I had a lake in my front and back yard...... Wow!!! we had a good 1-2 hr rain last night, but that was it. I was out this morning and it had all soaked into ground. I would say that ya'll had a tad more rain than we did.lol

marler1972
09-08-2010, 10:35 AM
just got a break in the rain and it looks to be clearing up here in the hill country....never really had hard-hard rain just hasn't stopped much since it started yesterday.

I work on the Plano/Frisco line and it has been pouring rain all morning.

LE Dad
09-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Gotta love Texas...the sun has been out all morning here.

LionKing
09-08-2010, 10:49 AM
your right.....right now with all the rain...there maybe sub-varsity games cancelled so that the field is playable on friday. True, I know in the past, Brownwood has let other area schools use their field for their scrimmages and games because their grass fields were soaked.

marler1972
09-08-2010, 11:07 AM
I would not be suprised if they moved the Celina/PP jv game to Celina we have two field turf fields.

LH_Tuff
09-08-2010, 11:43 AM
News this morning said Georgetown (15 miles east of LH) has had 14 inches so far. Not that much here in LH. My wife thinks we have had about 6 inches. I think she is right.

Lucky2Coach
09-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
News this morning said Georgetown (15 miles east of LH) has had 14 inches so far. Not that much here in LH. My wife thinks we have had about 6 inches. I think she is right.

I bet your wife was ecstatic to get 6 inches! (I am so sorry...I had to do it. You left the door wide open!!!)

DDBooger
09-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
I bet your wife was ecstatic to get 6 inches! (I am so sorry...I had to do it. You left the door wide open!!!) Coach humor? :eek:

lol :D

LH_Tuff
09-08-2010, 02:47 PM
I bet your wife was ecstatic to get 6 inches! (I am so sorry...I had to do it. You left the door wide open!!!) ;) :clap:

BaseballUmp
09-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Lol cameron went to A&M Consol yesterday to use their field after they got done and i think today they are headed to Killeen to do the same. I can promise that if it has rained anything in Cameron like it has here in San Marcos its gonna be sloppy.

Saw Texas State out there practicing in the pouring rain yesterday...didn't look like they were having much fun haha

44INAROW
09-08-2010, 03:06 PM
I bet your wife was ecstatic to get 6 inches! (I am so sorry...I had to do it. You left the door wide open!!!)
I am so glad you said it so I didn't have to......... ROFL..

back to the field turf - guess us "po folks" in Cuero will have to deal with the real stuff........... ;) (we do have doors on the bathrooms now though :) )