the_answer
12-13-2003, 11:01 AM
no

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Could this happen?

hornsfootball
12-14-2003, 01:47 AM
I wouldn't blame him if he did, he's done a great job at bellville, but the offers are gonna be as good as they come now. Bellville won't be the same team for a few years. and hey blinn's close to home.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-14-2003, 11:50 AM
You are right, I would'nt blame him either, hope he gets the job!
Good luck at Blinn!

husker_football_fan
12-14-2003, 11:52 AM
God I hope not, Scott Maxfield has done one hell of a job here at Blinn. The last thing we need is that guy.

Go Bucs!

afflac65
12-14-2003, 12:47 PM
Hey husker fan coach chancellor at bellville would be a great coach at blinn.

hornsfootball
12-14-2003, 03:20 PM
does anyone know if there is really even any truth to this?

hornsfootball
12-14-2003, 03:24 PM
Hey reality check husker fan! You go to Blinn, you are too dumb to get into a real college. What year are you graduating from nebraska. piece of ****. People like you get me hot, just come on here to talk ****. **** you! Coach Chancellor is a great coach. Blinn would be lucky to have him.

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: hornsfootball ]</small>

LuVyAbLuE
12-14-2003, 03:28 PM
I heard a rumor that he got fired. Don't know if any of it is true. Anybody else hear anything? Something with some players getting in trouble with alcohol. Don't know if its true, just what I have heard.

hornsfootball
12-14-2003, 03:32 PM
who got fired?

LuVyAbLuE
12-14-2003, 03:35 PM
I heard that the Bellville coach was fired, due to some instance in which he punished some players for being involved in some alcohol related circumstance. Just rumor, though. I personally think he is a great coach. Hope it's not true.

Bell_06
12-14-2003, 04:35 PM
hornsfootball:
Hey reality check husker fan! You go to Blinn, you are too dumb to get into a real college. What year are you graduating from nebraska. piece of ****. People like you get me hot, just come on here to talk ****. **** you! Coach Chancellor is a great coach. Blinn would be lucky to have him.Who was it that had the topic of "The 10 top most idiotic post"? Just curious was that suppose to be a derogatory statement toward Chancellor or a boost of confidence??

hornsfootball
12-14-2003, 05:28 PM
hey bell '06, i am clearly on bellville's side, considering i am from bellville. I am supporting Bellville. And seeing that you are probably a girl who doesn't know anything about football, i think you can shut the hell up.

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: hornsfootball ]</small>

hornsfootball
12-14-2003, 05:30 PM
Oh and there is no truth to the rumor of chancellor's firing. He'll probably get a raise. His play calling got bellville to the top and without some poor calls from some bad refs, bellville would still be in it

Bell_06
12-14-2003, 05:50 PM
hornsfootball:
hey bell '06, i am clearly on bellville's side, considering i am from bellville. I am supporting Bellville. And seeing that you are probably a girl who doesn't know anything about football, i think you can shut the hell up.Shhhhhhh keep it our secret that you are from Bellville, no one else needs to know that. Besides I'm sure you're not missed by your friends and classmates that weren't as 'special' as you, since you got to go to a REAL university, and the rest of them who didn't are so inferior to you. If Blinn is such a awful school then why would you want a coach to go there, especially one who you seem to unquestionable admire. But really mums the word on your hometown.

44INAROW
12-14-2003, 06:56 PM
LuVyAbLuE:
I heard that the Bellville coach was fired, due to some instance in which he punished some players for being involved in some alcohol related circumstance. Just rumor, though. I personally think he is a great coach. Hope it's not true.I am LOL at this.. If it is true, which it probably isn't, Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? I guess it's one of those instances, Do as I say, not as I do.

Brahma73
12-14-2003, 07:04 PM
hornsfootball:
Oh and there is no truth to the rumor of chancellor's firing. He'll probably get a raise. His play calling got bellville to the top and without some poor calls from some bad refs, bellville would still be in itYou were doing just fine til you went to the "ref" excuse. I was there and I love my Bulls. If you even imagine that the Marlin game was decided by officiating (as absolutely NO GAME is), then your credibility with me is out the window. There were fifty plays on either side of the ball that could have easily decided this and every game played. The referees called a better game than we played. Now grow up and quit the juvenile whining! Accept that we lost a game fair and square that was as heartbreaking for all of us as the one a year ago was for Marlin. SCOREBOARD. BASKETBALL. LIFE GOES ON.

Go Bulls!!!!!

hornsfootball
12-14-2003, 07:40 PM
Im not blaming the game on the refs, i don't mean that, but the terrible "ineligible man downfield" was a horrible call that changed the momentum of the game and gave them great field position and cost us a score. Oh and i can do without your comments also 73. And i didn't really mean to insult blinn college, i was just looking for a way to insult the person that insulted coach chancellor. Sorry for defending coach. And bell lady, how do you know if im missed or not, you don't even know who i am or what i know about bellville football. you would think your hometown would support you when you are supporting your coach. guess i was wrong. hell you are probably the kind of person who loves chancellor when he's winning and calls for his head when the team doesn't execute.

husker_football_fan
12-14-2003, 07:46 PM
Hornsfootball, in six post you said nothing and talked a ton of crap. With the teams that Bellville has had they should have done more than they did. But being a Texas fan you are used to bad play calls and poor planning of big games. Maybe it is not to late for Chancellor to return Mack Brown's How to Win Big Games book. As for that idoit comming to Blinn, that would be a huge step back for our program. He hasent proved anything! Yes he got them in the play-offs after a seven year drought woo hoo. But Bellville people, like many of the Rice people are so caught up in winning football games that it doesnt matter how bad their coaches actions are off the field. Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday (Bowl) Hook'em

hornsfootball
12-14-2003, 07:52 PM
hey husker, did you catch the score of the UT/nebraska game this year? What bowl are they in? Oh and mack brown's record vs. nebraska is winning. And you don't even attend nebraska so what do you care.

Bell_06
12-14-2003, 07:54 PM
Nawwww I was after his head long before. I am not a fickled person. But just to set the record straight. Blinn College is a 'real' college, it has helped to continue the education of many who believe it or not may simply choose not to attend one of the larger universitys, especially their first year out. Unfortunately not everyone can afford to aid their children with a 4 year Division 1 school. There is no better college around to prepare you with transferable classes for whatever reason you are attending Blinn. I know of a lot of students from outside of our little community, such as the big 5A Katy schools, where to be in the top 10% is not as achievable as it is here in Bellville, those kids don't get to just waltz in the door. You should be proud of your chance for futher education not wear it on your shirt sleeve like you were born above all others.

hornsfootball
12-14-2003, 07:57 PM
quit making it out to be what it's not

Bell_06
12-14-2003, 08:04 PM
hornsfootball:
quit making it out to be what it's notHmmm sure hope none of your Bellville friends know who 'hornsfootball' really is, I'm sure your attitude would earn you some cold shoulders. But you are wrong, Blinn is a great college and serves this and our surrounding community well. BTW - they have a great little softball program :)

husker_football_fan
12-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Mack Brown:

1 Heisman Trophy
17 All Americans
5 First round picks
20 years of Coaching

NO CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
O NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

1998 Kansas State
7-48 L
1998 Texas Tech
35-42 L
1999 Arkansas (Cotton)
6-27 L
2000 Stanford
24-27 L
2000 Oregon (Holiday)
30-35 L
2001 Colorado (Big 12 Champ.)
37-39 L
2002 Texas Tech
38-42 L
2003 Arkansas
28-38 L

Records vs. AP top 25 before winning national championship

Tom Osborne
49-36-1
57%
Bobby Bowden
32-31
51%
Mack Brown
9-12
43%

hornfootball and Mack Brown
two winners!

afflac65
12-14-2003, 08:28 PM
Hey husker fan where do you get all of this information from raiderradio.

husker_football_fan
12-14-2003, 08:35 PM
No ole Mack is so loved they have a nice web site just for him.

firemackbrown.com

Visit to read up on the over paid 9 wins a seasons coach.

husker_football_fan
12-14-2003, 08:43 PM
By the way just for the record only two teams in the Big 12 have won the Big 12 football title 2 times. OU and mmmmmmmmm oh yeah Nebraska.

Once again Happy Holiday (Bowl) Your game will be well over when I am walking down the riverwalk.

Hey but way to finish up in the BCS. At the end of the day, no matter how bad Texas beat Nebraska you nor I will celebrate a Big 12 title. Hey but there is always next year (until you play OU)

afflac65
12-14-2003, 08:44 PM
I thought mack brown worked at the Austin stockyard.

Brahma73
12-14-2003, 08:51 PM
hornsfootball:
but the terrible "ineligible man downfield" was a horrible call that changed the momentum of the game...and so did the dropped passes; and so did not making 5 third and one situations and losing 9 yards on a second and one; and so did that excuse for a kickoff at the end of the first half that gave Marlin the easy score; and yes, so did some of the playcalling. My point is that the effect of the referees on this game was insignificant. Calls were made and missed for both teams, you can bet on it. And I'm glad to hear that you'll get by without my comments, but I'll give them anyway just to be sure.

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Brahma73 ]</small>

Bellville22
12-14-2003, 08:55 PM
hornsfootball
[QB]Oh and i can do without your comments also 73. QB]Brahma73 has earned much more respect from this board than you. He is a devoted fan of the Bulls, but his posts are always fair and unbiased. I wouldn't go around telling him when he shouldn't comment.

You know who I am, and I know you respect me just as much as I respect you. Don't let these posts that are based strictly on rumor get to you. Just watch and laugh as others discuss.

Brahma73
12-14-2003, 09:41 PM
I also know who you are, horns, and you probably know me. There are a few things I'm a bit anal about, so forgive me when I bristle up a bit. :o

hornsfootball
12-14-2003, 10:38 PM
yeah it's cool, im a little stressed from finals and on a mean streak. it all was started when i saw someone disrespecting coach chancellor and it got me hot. and you all know that i know that refs don't win the game, im just saying they can dramatically change it. i just don't like that husker guy. he sucks.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-14-2003, 11:04 PM
About the so called bad call, that you all are refering to, Bellville's AD must have gone to the UIL with the game film, complaining about the non calls, and the call of the ineligable man down field that took a TD away from Bellville, by the officiating crew. Word is the UIL agreed with him?
The source of this info, was a school board member.

Brahma73
12-14-2003, 11:24 PM
Hey Former, you made 500 posts!!!

As for the "bad call," I never doubted that officials missed a call or calls. They do it all the time (being a human element). My point was that it shouldn't be used as an excuse that a game is won or lost. On the Marlin TD that got called back for holding, the infraction was 15 yards behind the play. A lot of officials would have just ignored it. I doubt anybody in the stands noticed it. Ref calls will equal out. We have no control over them. I've been an athlete, a coach of youth, ref/umpire, and a long-time spectator and fan. My teammates, players and kids will all attest to my feelings about officials or other excuses for getting beaten. I'm sure the players, the coaches, the fans, God Almighty all saw at least one missed call in the game. It was not the reason we lost. We did not have our best game. Not the players; not the coaches - they'd all agree with me, including the head coach. Maybe Marlin didn't have their best game either, but it was better than ours.

Bell_06
12-14-2003, 11:40 PM
And I think it's ok to say... Sometimes your best still isn't good enough. I was proud to see our school make it this far.
Not many from Bellville know this, the Class of 1930 was the first class to adopt and wear the Brahma Bull upon graduation. Mr Richard Strauss class of 30' past away last week... before he died he donated his Brahma class ring to Mr Stein who is putting together a wonderful collection based on the history of Bellville's education. So far this is the only 1930 ring that has surfaced. Just thought I'd toss in that little bit of trivia.

husker_football_fan
12-15-2003, 03:03 AM
personally, being on the Marlin side of the field the WR made a great down field block and I didnt think it was holding when Marlin had their TD called back, as stated before, those guys are human they dont make huge amounts of money to do what they do, they cant be perfect and make everyone happy.

sinton66
12-15-2003, 08:03 AM
husker_football_fan:
personally, being on the Marlin side of the field the WR made a great down field block and I didnt think it was holding when Marlin had their TD called back, as stated before, those guys are human they dont make huge amounts of money to do what they do, they cant be perfect and make everyone happy.I disagree with you on this one. I saw the game too, and on the Marlin touchdown that was called back, the refs made the right call. It was holding. The ref that called it was in the perfect spot to see it.
I will also agree with 73, the refs didn't cost anybody this game.
I will also agree that Chancellor is a heck of a coach, and any school or university should be proud to have him.

husker_football_fan
12-15-2003, 08:34 AM
That WR had the guy right in is face, helmet to helmet as the play went on elbowed my friend to look at the down field block, he had his hands inside and was right in front of the kid not on the side right in front long enough for his teamate to cruise on by. As for being proud to having bellville coach at blinn. That would be a step down from what we have now. Across the board this is a solid coaching staff that are young and excited and it shows on the field. Unless you have seen the Bucs play this year which I am sure most of you havent, do not chime in on how it would be a great thing to have him here. Fact is it is step down from the great coaching we have now.

Brahma73
12-15-2003, 12:55 PM
Bell_06:
Mr Richard Strauss class of 30' past away last week... before he died he donated his Brahma class ring to Mr Stein who is putting together a wonderful collection based on the history of Bellville's education. So far this is the only 1930 ring that has surfaced. Just thought I'd toss in that little bit of trivia.I knew the man well. It was a sad day for me. He was a teacher of many and a fine gentleman. frown

hornsfootball
12-15-2003, 01:13 PM
when two great teams match up, little things can make the difference in winning or losing. Thus that could be bad calls, dropped passes, etc. you can look at that game and say that a bad call had a dramatic effect on the game. again, i am not saying it lost the game nor am i trying to make excuses, i just want to get my point across the poor officiating can change a game. i am not using the referees as a scapegoat, i just want everyone to realize that officiating does play a giant factor in great games. Ex. last year's national championship, and this year when the colts came back to beat the bucs when down like 3 touchdowns in the 4th quarter. poor calls decided affected the outcomes of those games. A horrible pass interference call on the first one and and a illegal jumping call that allowed the colts to rekick a field goal to win the game. if the refs would not have made those calls the outcome of the game may have been different. And if UIL is saying that it was a poor job, then maybe it did affect the game. SO ONE MORE TIME, refs don't win or lose the game, but they dramatically affect it, and can alter the possible outcomes.

Brahma73
12-15-2003, 03:20 PM
Truce!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek! eek! eek!

The human head weighs eight pounds.

hornsfootball
12-15-2003, 04:50 PM
<small>[ December 15, 2003, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: hornsfootball ]</small>

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-17-2003, 09:26 PM
I say we just replay the game? wink
Now what about the head AD, Will he go or will he stay?