PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Texas Longhorn Football Recruiting Updates

Pages : [1] 2

Phil C
09-07-2010, 04:52 PM
I know it is early but it looks like we are through recruiting the 2011 class. Bear in mind that 2012 offers aren't made by UT until after the 2011 National Signing Day on Feb. 2, 2011. Also the signing date for the 2012 recruits will be Feb. 1, 2012. The National Signing Date (NSD) is when it is official.

We have looked at several 2012 prospects and some have already visited the campus. Since several haven't started their junior year they won't have many offers yet but look for them to come. Some that I am sure we will recruit are as follows:

Johnathan Gray, RB, Aledo He is one of the top prospects in the nation.

Cayleb Jones, WR, Austin He is considered a good WR.

Curtis Riser, OL, DeSota He also comes highly recommended

Malcolm Brown, DT, Brenham. He is not to be confused with the RB but he is a good DT.

Those are just 4 for right now.

fresh-j
09-07-2010, 05:06 PM
So another chapter begins :D. Johnathan Gray will be there number one target.

Old Tiger
09-07-2010, 05:07 PM
The #1 defensive prospect for Texas is linebacker Derek David out of Rockdale. He is so important to the Texas staff that Will Muschamp is recruiting him personally.

fresh-j
09-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
The #1 defensive prospect for Texas is linebacker Derek David out of Rockdale. He is so important to the Texas staff that Will Muschamp is recruiting him personally.

Yes, with that being said, he does already have a verbal to Tech, but i'm sure it isn't a done deal in any way. I'm sure the burnt orange coaching staff WILL find a way to get him.

Matthew328
09-07-2010, 06:08 PM
early favorite for Riser is LSU

LionKing
09-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
early favorite for Riser is LSU Hopefully he likes LSU for the school, lots of grumblings regarding ''Lying Les'' coming out of the Bayou country.

Phil C
02-03-2011, 01:36 AM
Now that the 2011 NSD is past we can concentrate on this coming year. The first Jr. Day for Texas is supposed to be this weekend even though the weather may have the last say on that and it may be postponed. This is probably going to be at a maximum signing of about 20 for us this year but you never know for sure till it is over.

Dogman_1969
02-03-2011, 08:31 AM

His older brother is at Blinn JUCO and is committed to aTm so I would think they may have an inside track. I doubt that Texas is in his top 5 but would hope they can sway him to the 40 acres.....

The Horns should go after his Brother at Blinn and may get both to be on campus in the fall of 2012......

\m/ HOOKEM \m/

Phil C
02-03-2011, 10:51 AM
I don't look for as many offers being out right after junior days as in the past. They will come but since there are so many new coaches and some aren't as familiar with Texas athletes so I think they will take longer before offering. Especially since I only expect them to take 20 this year.

Matthew328
02-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Except offers to go out to

Mario Edwards
Johnathan Gray
Curtis Riser
Kendall Sanders

Cayleb Jones seems to be an Auburn lean..don't be surprised if Trey Williams also gets a Texas offer..

BEAST
02-03-2011, 02:07 PM
You really expect JGray to go to UT with the RBs yall just loaded up on yesterday?

BEAST

NastySlot
02-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
You really expect JGray to go to UT with the RBs yall just loaded up on yesterday?

BEAST

sure they do....it s been the longhorn way since the beginning.....take more than you need...then no one else has em.............sort of turning into an economics thing now.........make more money than everyone else and they can't catch up to you.

rholl
02-03-2011, 02:32 PM

Top tier athletes arent afraid of competition.....

BEAST

BEAST
02-03-2011, 02:39 PM
They also want the ball as much as possible and not share the load.

BEAST

Matthew328
02-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Ya'll? I am far from a UT guy. LOL

BEAST
02-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Ya'll? I am far from a UT guy. LOL

I wasnt meaning that you were. Was really pointed more at Phil. Anyway, what do you think?

BEAST

RoyceTTU
02-03-2011, 03:00 PM
I wasnt meaning that you were. Was really pointed more at Phil. Anyway, what do you think?

BEAST

I'll throw a prediction, he will get well over 20 or 30 offers. He will take 5 or 6 seriously. From everything I've seen his list is. UT would be crazy not to throw the offer on the table, he could potentially be a season changer.

TCU
A&M
Tech
UT
OU
OSU

Who knows what will happen. It's a long year. until NSD

NastySlot
02-03-2011, 04:42 PM
what about Barry Sanders Jr. ? Don't the Horns want him?

he was sporting texas wear at the Texas/OU.........which by the way I believe he would of had to of been a guest of the Sooners since it was a designated OU home game.

garciap77
02-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by fresh-j
Yes, with that being said, he does already have a verbal to Tech, but i'm sure it isn't a done deal in any way. I'm sure the burnt orange coaching staff WILL find a way to get him.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought you were dead!!!!!!

http://yoursmiles.org/gsmile/word/g20071.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/g-word.php?page=8)BACK!

BEAST
02-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought you were dead!!!!!!

http://yoursmiles.org/gsmile/word/g20071.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/g-word.php?page=8)BACK!

He posted that is September. Hes not back, this thread is just old.

BEAST

Old Tiger
02-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Gray is a TCU/Texas battle.

Horns don't care if they get Barry Sanders Jr or not because their top two targets are Trey Williams and Johnathan Gray.

Matthew328
02-04-2011, 08:54 AM
If I had to guess I'd say Gray lands at Texas.

garciap77
02-04-2011, 03:35 PM
He posted that is September. Hes not back, this thread is just old.

BEAST

Thanks BEAST!

http://yoursmiles.org/bsmile/misc/b0543.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/b-misc.php?page=2)

hollywood
02-04-2011, 04:33 PM
If I had to guess I'd say Gray lands at Texas.

I would say B. Sanders Jr. would be just as strong of a recruit if not better than J. Gray. He is not only fast but physical.

navscanmaster
02-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Just about anything on Gray is pure speculation. He has been very nonchalant about his preferences toward any school. If you look at all the recruiting sites and pick up on quotes from those around him, I would say for him it is currently:

1. TCU
2. Tech
3. Texas
4. OU
5. A&M

He picked TCU over A&M for Jr. Days, but is supposed to make a visit to campus anyhow, so I really don't know.

Now Trey Williams could actually be considered an early Ag lean, but has been receiving a lot of SEC love as well. Sherman and company have been really close to him, and he has attended big A&M wins (OU and NEB).

Malcolm Brown II has not committed to A&M, but is a heavy lean if you go by his comments and interviews.

I would look at the Horns getting the following commitments early on:

Cayleb Jones, WR
Paul Boyette, DT
Curtis Riser, OL
Thomas Johnson, WR
Kendall Sanders, CB

The rest are not Longhorn leans. The above kids, sans Jones, are lifelong Horn fans, and Jones is a fan though he has family ties to Miami.

Some kids that would commit if offered, but will probably be slow-played for higher ranked prospects:

Trevor Knight, QB
Peter Jinkens, LB
Anthony Smith, DL

Old Tiger
02-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Just about anything on Gray is pure speculation. He has been very nonchalant about his preferences toward any school. If you look at all the recruiting sites and pick up on quotes from those around him, I would say for him it is currently:

1. TCU
2. Tech
3. Texas
4. OU
5. A&M

He picked TCU over A&M for Jr. Days, but is supposed to make a visit to campus anyhow, so I really don't know.

Now Trey Williams could actually be considered an early Ag lean, but has been receiving a lot of SEC love as well. Sherman and company have been really close to him, and he has attended big A&M wins (OU and NEB).

Malcolm Brown II has not committed to A&M, but is a heavy lean if you go by his comments and interviews.

I would look at the Horns getting the following commitments early on:

Cayleb Jones, WR
Paul Boyette, DT
Curtis Riser, OL
Thomas Johnson, WR
Kendall Sanders, CB

The rest are not Longhorn leans. The above kids, sans Jones, are lifelong Horn fans, and Jones is a fan though he has family ties to Miami.

Some kids that would commit if offered, but will probably be slow-played for higher ranked prospects:

Trevor Knight, QB
Peter Jinkens, LB
Anthony Smith, DL No its really not concerning Gray....its a UT/TCU battle.

I think Texas takes the Arizona kid over Knight.

Matt Davis would be a huge get as an ATH.

I think the one player I want Texas to land the most is Ed Pope out of Carthage. That kid is a baller and could come in and start from day 1.

navscanmaster
02-04-2011, 10:13 PM
No its really not concerning Gray....its a UT/TCU battle.

I think Texas takes the Arizona kid over Knight.

Matt Davis would be a huge get as an ATH.

I think the one player I want Texas to land the most is Ed Pope out of Carthage. That kid is a baller and could come in and start from day 1.

At least early on, Pope keeps the recruiting open. A&M and UT may do battle for him. Brewer has been receiving a lot of attention from a lot of schools. To say Texas "takes" him over Knight is hopeful at most. Yes Matt Davis is a baller, but he wants to be a QB. If Texas or A&M sign a big QB prospect before Davis decides, cross them out. He has offers from virtually every marquee program in the nation.

Old Tiger
02-04-2011, 10:14 PM
At least early on, Pope keeps the recruiting open. A&M and UT may do battle for him. Brewer has been receiving a lot of attention from a lot of schools. To say Texas "takes" him over Knight is hopeful at most. Yes Matt Davis is a baller, but he wants to be a QB. If Texas or A&M sign a big QB prospect before Davis decides, cross them out. He has offers from virtually every marquee program in the nation. If Brewer gets an offer he will commit at the junior day. I say treat Matt Davis like Russell Shephard....bring him in and give him a shot at QB and if it doesn't work out move him.

navscanmaster
02-04-2011, 11:08 PM
If Brewer gets an offer he will commit at the junior day. I say treat Matt Davis like Russell Shephard....bring him in and give him a shot at QB and if it doesn't work out move him.

That is what makes for Tevin Mims syndrome. Look at what they are doing to Chris Whaley now. It takes a kid that wants to be a Horn no matter the cost to get moved from his recruited position like that. Matt Davis would be THE QB at the school he chooses, and ditto Connor Brewer. Get one, not both. Kind of the same situation with Williams and Gray. Why would both of them sign and have to compete for PT with Brown and the other for four years? Not saying it can't happen, but lots of kids have left top schools like Texas and LSU because of broken promises and being misled.

Old Tiger
02-04-2011, 11:37 PM
That is what makes for Tevin Mims syndrome. Look at what they are doing to Chris Whaley now. It takes a kid that wants to be a Horn no matter the cost to get moved from his recruited position like that. Matt Davis would be THE QB at the school he chooses, and ditto Connor Brewer. Get one, not both. Kind of the same situation with Williams and Gray. Why would both of them sign and have to compete for PT with Brown and the other for four years? Not saying it can't happen, but lots of kids have left top schools like Texas and LSU because of broken promises and being misled. Brewer has one of the quickest and sharpest releases I have seen out of a HS QB.

Matthew328
02-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Pope very well may wind up at TCU if they offer he's named them an early leader and his brother played for them. The problem is TCU loaded up on safeties in this class and may not take any....my guess is they still take one and Pope will be the top choice.

Old Tiger
02-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Pope very well may wind up at TCU if they offer he's named them an early leader and his brother played for them. The problem is TCU loaded up on safeties in this class and may not take any....my guess is they still take one and Pope will be the top choice. Dang, but he would be prototypical for what they like to do defensively.

Phil C
02-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Pope very well may wind up at TCU if they offer he's named them an early leader and his brother played for them. The problem is TCU loaded up on safeties in this class and may not take any....my guess is they still take one and Pope will be the top choice.

That would be an ironic change of pace. If you go to TCU you may have to wait a few years to start and if you come to Texas you will probably start by your second year. :)

eagles_victory
02-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
sure they do....it s been the longhorn way since the beginning.....take more than you need...then no one else has em.............sort of turning into an economics thing now.........make more money than everyone else and they can't catch up to you. Anyone would do that. What is your point? A&M, Tech would do the same thing.

Phil C
02-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Verbal No. 1 is in and it is QB Connor Brewer of Scottsdale, AZ. He already had several offers from the Aggies, Tennessee, Nebraska and Alabama and is considered one of the tops in the country. This is a great start. Bear in mind it is not binding until the letter of intent is signed next February. I ordinarilly am nervous about Out of State recruits because of past experience but I think we will keep this one. His older sister is a swimmer on the UT Women's Swimming and Diving Team. A great start indeed.

NastySlot
02-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Anyone would do that. What is your point? A&M, Tech would do the same thing.

i guess that post was in reply to Beast would Texas really go after Gray after getting Brown..............hey just giving your Alma Mater a little credit...........that they have done it forever and they are good at it..........would it help if I said they were the Best at it?

navscanmaster
02-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Well, the horns getting Brewer definitely makes an impact on Trevor Knight's recruitment. He is a heavy horn lean, but if Mack doesn't offer, the Ags are pretty much the front runners. I think Baylor or TCU are in the running if A&M goes after another QB as well.

WestTxschwab
02-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Congrats on the early commitment from Brewer, hopefully he sticks. I can't wait to see what happens with the Brenham boys. Do you know if they are going to junior day in austin? That recruitment battle will be fun to watch.

Old Tiger
02-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by WestTxschwab
Congrats on the early commitment from Brewer, hopefully he sticks. I can't wait to see what happens with the Brenham boys. Do you know if they are going to junior day in austin? That recruitment battle will be fun to watch. It will definitely be interesting to see how the Brenham thing turns out for the ag$

Z-RO
02-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Verbal No. 1 is in and it is QB Connor Brewer of Scottsdale, AZ. He already had several offers from the Aggies, Tennessee, Nebraska and Alabama and is considered one of the tops in the country. This is a great start. Bear in mind it is not binding until the letter of intent is signed next February. I ordinarilly am nervous about Out of State recruits because of past experience but I think we will keep this one. His older sister is a swimmer on the UT Women's Swimming and Diving Team. A great start indeed.

She is pretty easy on the eyes as well :D

Rules followed

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tex/sports/w-swim/auto_headshot/5716465.jpeg

Phil C
02-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Our first junior day is this weekend and many have been invited or espected show up. We already have 4 outstanding offers and 3 are to out of staters (OOS). All are Offensive Linemen (OL) with impressive offers and the one from in state in Curis Riser of Desoto and I rate our chances at 50% and it may go up after the weekend visit. He also has offers from Baylor, LSU, Oklahoma and TCU.
The others are:

John Theus of Florida and he has a list of offers which include Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Florida and LSU.

D.J. Humphries of North Carolina and he has offers from North Carolina, Clemson, LSU, Notre Dame, and Ohio State.

Andrus Peat of Arizona who also has an impressive list of offers that include Alabama, Auburn, Notre Dame and Stanford.

I hope we get at least one of the OOS recruits but I rate our chances at less than 50% based on past experiences. I suspect our new coaches know about these players and that is why they probably got early offers. What impresses me about Peat is that he has an offer from Stanford. When a recruit gets one from that school it tells me that grades are most likely not to be an issue. Not that it is just because one doesn't get one from Stanford it is just that if he does I know the odds of grades being an issue are decreased. We will know more about offers after this weekend. I expect us to limit it to 20 offers this year with 23 as the maximum for sure.

Phil C
02-11-2011, 03:16 PM
I don't know if I remember but below is either a link or a picture of Connor Brewer's older sister who is on the UT Women's Swimming and Diving Team.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tex/sports/w-swim/auto_headshot/5716465.jpeg

Well it is close even though not quite what I wanted. Probably missing a step but that does show her picture. Her name is Ashley.

Phil C
02-11-2011, 03:24 PM
We have got an impressive list coming to junior day this weekend. I think the following will get offers immediately for sure:

WR Cayleb Jones, Austin
DT Malcolm Brown, Brenham
RB Janathan Bray, Aledo
LB Timothy Cole, Brenham

Phil C
02-11-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't know if I remember but below is either a link or a picture of Connor Brewer's older sister who is on the UT Women's Swimming and Diving Team.

Well it is close even though not quite what I wanted. Probably missing a step but that does show her picture. Her name is Ashley.

I didn't realize her picture was already posted so my apologies. Mods please delete the above and this message. :(

navscanmaster
02-11-2011, 04:58 PM
It will definitely be interesting to see how the Brenham thing turns out for the ag$

Cute. Must be a recruitocosm reader. That guy is an idiot and probably subscribes to all the recruiting services and calls them "sources." Aside from that, Malcolm Brown and Tim Cole are pretty well A&M leans at this point. To borrow a gem from your boy Shuttleworth, it would take Mike Sherman getting caught with a dead girl or a live boy to sway A&M from their top spot right now.

Z-RO
02-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Jerry Gray possibly going to the Titans as DC will not help with the recruits this weekend.

DDBooger
02-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Where did Barry Sanders Jr commit to?

Z-RO
02-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Denton Ryan LB Alex De La Torre makes commitment #2

Z-RO
02-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Where did Barry Sanders Jr commit to?

No where he is still a Jr

navscanmaster
02-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Denton Ryan LB Alex De La Torre makes commitment #2
He was an automatic UT pickup. No surprise there.

Phil C
02-12-2011, 09:58 PM
No. 3 is in and it is DT Alex Norman of Dallas Bishop. He had a great year and really got schools interested including Oklahoma who wanted an early verbal from him. This one caught me by surprise but I have a strong feeling a pleasant surprise.

Phil C
02-12-2011, 10:03 PM
A pretty good start.

Z-RO
02-13-2011, 03:24 AM
ready to see how tomorrow (technically today) unfolds.

Dont you think it is funny that no secondary recruits were scheduled to come in this weekend and Gray just so happened to leave this weekend? :thinking:

Phil C
02-13-2011, 06:23 PM
ready to see how tomorrow (technically today) unfolds.

Dont you think it is funny that no secondary recruits were scheduled to come in this weekend and Gray just so happened to leave this weekend? :thinking:

I think they were "requested" to come to the second one in about two weeks. I don't know what that means - perhaps maybe they expect to have hired a new coach. I am sure they will get a new one but also consider we have had success the past couple of years in DB recruiting and I would be surprised if we take more than 2 this year.

Phil C
02-13-2011, 06:38 PM
No. 4 is in and it is Orlando Thomas, Athlete from Copperas Cove. Great news indeed and more should follow.

Old Tiger
02-13-2011, 07:40 PM
#5 is Curtis Riser out of Desoto.

Z-RO
02-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Little slower than usual, but I guess that is to be expected, all things considered.

Phil C
02-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Little slower than usual, but I guess that is to be expected, all things considered.

I had read that the new coaches were going to take more time to discuss and evaluate. I think they did about 10 offers and even that is more that I expected at this stage. Some of those guys must have been impressive during the workouts.

Phil C
02-13-2011, 10:13 PM
No. 4 is in and it is Orlando Thomas, Athlete from Copperas Cove. Great news indeed and more should follow.

I have read at one of the other free sites that Thomas will probably be a corner back.

Z-RO
02-14-2011, 03:19 AM
I had read that the new coaches were going to take more time to discuss and evaluate. I think they did about 10 offers and even that is more that I expected at this stage. Some of those guys must have been impressive during the workouts.

We currently have 10 offers out that did not commit.

RB Johnathan Gray - Aledo
WR Thomas Johnson - Dallas Skyline
WR Cayleb Jones - Austin High
WR Dominique Wheeler - Crockett
OL Kennedy Estelle - Pearland Dawson
OL Michael Starts - Waco La Vega
DL Mario Edwards - Denton Ryan
DL Javonte Magee - San Antonio Sam Houston
DL Hassan Ridgeway - Mansfield
LB Timothy Cole - Brenham

Including the 5 that did commit that's 15 offers that have been given out thus far.

WestTxschwab
02-14-2011, 08:37 AM
I read that Alex Norman was not even ranked on texas' top 100 list this season, now he's a verbal? well anyhow,congrats on the verbal's. I read this morning Jonathan Gray is coming to Aggieland for Junior Day too along with many other top recruits.

Barry Sanders Jr. has Okie lite in his top 4 right now, also the only Big 12 school in the mix, he also has Ohio State,Alabama, and I believe Florida as his others.

Phil, whats the news on Malcolm Brown? I was hearing he did not even visit for Texas' Junior Day? Reasons or can you confirm?

Phil C
02-14-2011, 09:39 AM
I read that Alex Norman was not even ranked on texas' top 100 list this season, now he's a verbal? well anyhow,congrats on the verbal's. I read this morning Jonathan Gray is coming to Aggieland for Junior Day too along with many other top recruits.

Barry Sanders Jr. has Okie lite in his top 4 right now, also the only Big 12 school in the mix, he also has Ohio State,Alabama, and I believe Florida as his others.

Phil, whats the news on Malcolm Brown? I was hearing he did not even visit for Texas' Junior Day? Reasons or can you confirm?

West I don't know why Malcolm Brown didn't show up but he was scheduled to come yesterday. his teammate LB Timothy Cole showed up and was offered. I think they both want to be a packaged deal and play on the same team at college and are leaning toward the Aggies (especially Brown). We may have offered Cole hoping to get both. But Cole must have impressed during the drills so we may be satisfied if he commits early. I think we may wait a while on these two but I don't see us holding out the offer too long if we get other good players' interest due to their probable lean to the Aggies.
Alex Norman was a surprise to me too. I think he has ben taken notice lately though and the UT coaches must have seen something they liked in the drills yesterday. I have a feeling he may be a redshirt.

Old Tiger
02-14-2011, 02:34 PM

Including the 5 that did commit that's 15 offers that have been given out thus far. From what I have heard Edwards is an FSU lean...

I imagine they get Wheeler and Johnson.

Phil C
02-14-2011, 03:23 PM
From what I have heard Edwards is an FSU lean...

I imagine they get Wheeler and Johnson.

I agree Old. I have also heard that Edwards leans toward FSU so I doubt that they are counting on getting him.

It would be great to get Wheeler and Johnson. Wheeler is one that I am puzzled about on his hesitation. He is one that better act soon or it may be withdrawn.

Z-RO
02-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Duane Akina has returned to Texas!....that is HUGE news!

Phil C
02-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Duane Akina has returned to Texas!....that is HUGE news!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU

:)

Phil C
02-14-2011, 03:57 PM

Including the 5 that did commit that's 15 offers that have been given out thus far.

Two more outstanding offers to two out of staters OOS are to:

OL Andrus Peat, Arizona with offers to Az,Notre Dame, USC and Standord

OL D.J. Humpries of North Carolina with impressives offers.

I think our chances are slim on those but they expressed interest in Texas and are too good not to offer. I rate our chances at 10% on each of them.

Emerson1
02-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Hopefully Orlando Thomas gets to play WR this year. Last year Cove's QB was out most of the season. Thomas played "QB" aka. run the ball and have multiple games with 3 or less passes. Heck against SLC he went 1/1 for 50 yards and a touchdown lol

Phil C
02-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Hopefully Orlando Thomas gets to play WR this year. Last year Cove's QB was out most of the season. Thomas played "QB" aka. run the ball and have multiple games with 3 or less passes. Heck against SLC he went 1/1 for 50 yards and a touchdown lol

:) :clap:

Orlando can't pass too good except for touchdowns! ;)

Old Tiger
02-14-2011, 06:13 PM
Some sites say Gray is a "silent"

Phil C
02-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Hey Old Tiger we just made another offer to an out of stater OOS named John Theus, OT, from Florida. He has offers from Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida just to name a few.

Another one I expect may get an offer is DT Eddie Goldman of Washington, D.C. who has offers from Alabama, Florida, LSU, Notre Dame and Stanford to name a few.

I think our odds at landing any of the OOS is very slim but they are the type of players that you have to accept no matter what and if we happen to get one or two it is worth it.

Old Tiger
02-15-2011, 06:12 PM
Hey Old Tiger we just made another offer to an out of stater OOS named John Theus, OT, from Florida. He has offers from Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida just to name a few.

Another one I expect may get an offer is DT Eddie Goldman of Washington, D.C. who has offers from Alabama, Florida, LSU, Notre Dame and Stanford to name a few.

I think our odds at landing any of the OOS is very slim but they are the type of players that you have to accept no matter what and if we happen to get one or two it is worth it. Some say our chances are good with the Humpries guy.

Z-RO
02-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Offers like these make me wonder why we didn't even try with Clowney :confused: It doesn't hurt to at least throw you hat in the race.

Phil C
02-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Offers like these make me wonder why we didn't even try with Clowney :confused: It doesn't hurt to at least throw you hat in the race.

I agree. I think the chances would have been maybe 1% Z-RO but it would have been worth a try. He had lots of outstanding offers but ultimately I think he wanted to stay close to home.

Phil C
02-16-2011, 01:46 PM
No. 6 is in and it is Hassan Ridgeway who is a DE from Mansfield. He is a good one and in college could be a TE. Good news indeed.

Phil C
02-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Texas offers another out of stater (OOS). It is WR Doria Green-Beckham of Missouri who is considered one of the nation's top recruits and ESPN has him No. 1. He already has offers from Florida, Alabama, Ohio State, Florida, Notre Dame, LSU and others. It is a long shot as is with all OOS recruits but if we land one or two it would be great.

I know the coaches were planning on taking more time and evaluating but I think what happened is that when they saw them work out on junior day they realized how outstanding Texas football talent is and changed their mind. Of course I think these OOS offers are to players too good not to offer but not likely we will get more than one or maybe two.

Z-RO
02-16-2011, 04:24 PM
I agree. I think the chances would have been maybe 1% Z-RO but it would have been worth a try. He had lots of outstanding offers but ultimately I think he wanted to stay close to home.

Did you see where he mentioned idolizing Ricky and Vince? I'm not saying that would have helped much, but I think it would have been higher then 1% :P

Old Tiger
02-16-2011, 07:18 PM
I like how we are going out of state more. We are Texas and should be able to land big fish from other states.

Z-RO
02-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Agreed, but I like how we got the state on lock down as well :D

NastySlot
02-16-2011, 11:41 PM
I like how we are going out of state more. We are Texas and should be able to land big fish from other states.

and out of country......just like in hoops huh?

navscanmaster
02-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Agreed, but I like how we got the state on lock down as well :D

May be changing. TCU and A&M are making up some ground now. Texas will get theirs, but it is looking like they may have to evaluate Plans B and C this year instead of banking on Plan A as being automatic.

Phil C
02-17-2011, 05:23 PM
As an update as of today (02-17-11) we have the following commitments. Bear in mind that these are verbals and non binding until the Letter of Intent is signed next February. They are in order received:

1. QB Connor Brewer of Arizona
2. LB Alex De La Torre of Denton Ryan
3. DT Alex Norman of Dallas Bishop
4. ATH Norman Thomas of Copperas Cove
5. OL Curtis Riser of Desoto
6. DE Hassan Ridgeway of Mansfield (Recruited also as a TE)

We have 9 Recuited as In State and 5 as Out of Stater for a total of 14 outstanding offers.

The 9 In State offers are as follows:

1. RB Johnathan Gray of Aledo
2. WR Cayleb Jones of Austin High
3. WR Thomas Johnson of Dallas Skyline
4. WR Dominique Wheeler of Crockett
5. OL Kennedy Estelle of Pearland Dawson
6. OL Michael Starts of Waco La Vega
7. DT Javonte Magee of Sam Houston in San Antonio
8. LB Timothy Cole of Brenham
9. DE Mario Edwards of Denton

The following are the 5 Out of State offers:

1. OT D.J. Humphries of Charlotte, NC
2. OT John Theus of Jacksonville, FL
3. OL Andrus Peat of Arizona
4. WR Dorial Green-Beckham of Missouri
5. DT Eddie Goldman of Washington D.C.

Phil C
02-18-2011, 07:50 PM
As an update as of today (02-17-11) we have the following commitments. Bear in mind that these are verbals and non binding until the Letter of Intent is signed next February. They are in order received:

We have 9 Recuited as In State and 5 as Out of Stater for a total of 14 outstanding offers.

3. WR Thomas Johnson of Dallas Skyline
4. WR Dominique Wheeler of Crockett
5. OL Kennedy Estelle of Pearland Dawson
6. OL Michael Starts of Waco La Vega
7. DT Javonte Magee of Sam Houston in San Antonio
8. LB Timothy Cole of Brenham
9. DE Mario Edwards of Denton

On the Out of Staters I am not optimistic on any of them. The best of have is for Peat at about a 40% chance. Beckham will probably go to Oklahoma or Missouri so I rate it at 10%. Theus, Humphries and Goldman are all rated low in my opinion and all fall under 15%. Still if you can get one or two a year you are doing great so hopefully we will get one. There may be others OOS offers given but the chances on each one are low in my opinion.

Of the instate recruits I don't have an opinion on most but I think Gray and Jones are fairly good and Cole at Fair. Cole may be one of the few Brenham recruits that come to Austin rather than College Station. Edwards is going to FSU in my opinion and I rate the chances at very low.

Phil C
02-22-2011, 02:51 PM

7. WR Thomas Johnson of Dallas Skyline

We have 8 Offered as In State and 5 as Out of Stater for a total of 13 outstanding offers.

The 8 In State offers are as follows:

3. WR Dominique Wheeler of Crockett
4. OL Kennedy Estelle of Pearland Dawson
5. OL Michael Starts of Waco La Vega
6. DT Javonte Magee of Sam Houston in San Antonio
7. LB Timothy Cole of Brenham
8. DE Mario Edwards of Denton

I have updated the list as I know above but we have got No. 7 in as a verbal and it is WR Thomas Jefferson of Dallas Skyline as shown above. He is highly regarded and had offers from USC, Notre Dame, Miami, Oklahoma and Auburn just to name a few.

Phil C
02-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Rumor from other free sites are that we are no longer actively pursuing Wheeler who rumors say is leaning toward TCU. I don't know if it is because we got a verbal from WR Thomas Johnson or the incident at A&M or a combination of both. According to Rivals he still has the offer so I don't know if it has been revoked or if it is the situation where we are not going to pursue you but you can come here if you want. I have a feeling it has been revoked but this is not confirmed.

navscanmaster
02-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Rumor from other free sites are that we are no longer actively pursuing Wheeler who rumors say is leaning toward TCU. I don't know if it is because we got a verbal from WR Thomas Johnson or the incident at A&M or a combination of both. According to Rivals he still has the offer so I don't know if it has been revoked or if it is the situation where we are not going to pursue you but you can come here if you want. I have a feeling it has been revoked but this is not confirmed.

I believe the offer is still there, but it is essentially no good unless one of the horns other recruits, i.e. Jones, doesn't pan out. I don't believe that is the case, as I am hearing rumors that Cayleb Jones may have picked Texas. I'll look for confirmation on that shortly...

Phil C
02-24-2011, 11:02 PM
Our next and last junior day is this weekend and I expect there to be 6 or 7 more offers to be extended. I think we will take about 20 in this class or at the most 23. We will see.

Phil C
02-25-2011, 11:22 PM
We got No. 8 in tonight and it is CB Bryson Echols of Desoto. This is great new! CB was a need position for us and we got a good one. He visited today and was offered but he wanted to get home and talk it over with his family which he did and then called the coaches and officially said he wanted to be a Longhorn.

I will update things after this weekend as far as lists go but with the second junior day this weekend I am expecting more offers and verbals this weekend.

navscanmaster
02-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Saw that Kendall Sanders won't be making it today. They were really hoping to flip him from OSU. I think Boyette commits today if offered. Beyond that, I just don't know.

Phil C
02-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Saw that Kendall Sanders won't be making it today. They were really hoping to flip him from OSU. I think Boyette commits today if offered. Beyond that, I just don't know.

Right you are navs. We get three more to help with defense as of right now. These are ones expected to commit if offered because they are really lifelong Horn fans and are happy to be coming to Texas. They are:

9. Peter Jinkens LB from Dallas who had offers from Florida, Michigan and Kansas State.

10. Caleb Bluiett DE from Beaumont who had interest from Duke, Missiouri and Mississippi. Not as many offers but he had made it known he wanted to come to UT.

11. Paul Boyette DT from Humble who also had made it known he wanted to be a Horn. He had offers from Alabama, Notre Dame and Oklahoma.

A good start and I look for maybe one or two more today and a few more by Monday.

Phil C
02-26-2011, 06:44 PM
No. 12 is in and it is OT Camrhon Hughes of Harker Heights, Texas. He had offers from Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, and A&M. Oklahoma State was recruiting him really hard. I don't look for more than one or two more verbals the next couple of days now. I will update the offers as I find out. All of the ones today were expected to commit today as they all really wanted to come to UT.

navscanmaster
02-26-2011, 07:15 PM
No. 12 is in and it is OT Camrhon Hughes of Harker Heights, Texas. He had offers from Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, and A&M. Oklahoma State was recruiting him really hard. I don't look for more than one or two more verbals the next couple of days now. I will update the offers as I find out. All of the ones today were expected to commit today as they all really wanted to come to UT.

This is the first one that I would say A&M really wanted, after Orlando Thomas. Good, solid prospect at OT for the Horns. Hopefully, A&M can snatch up Kennedy Estelle, seeing as Texas has Riser and Hughes in their clutches now. So far, two great starts to the big two programs in state, as they are well ahead of most of the country with the 2012 class. There are some studs on both rosters, but Gray, MB2, C Jones, and T. Williams are the jewels waiting to really catapult the two classes.

Phil C
02-26-2011, 09:45 PM
This is the first one that I would say A&M really wanted, after Orlando Thomas. Good, solid prospect at OT for the Horns. Hopefully, A&M can snatch up Kennedy Estelle, seeing as Texas has Riser and Hughes in their clutches now. So far, two great starts to the big two programs in state, as they are well ahead of most of the country with the 2012 class. There are some studs on both rosters, but Gray, MB2, C Jones, and T. Williams are the jewels waiting to really catapult the two classes.

Navs I don't think that UT has offered MB2 yet (according to Rivals) but I think he is an A&M lean. I think UT's chances at Gray are fair. We have to remember TCU is close to home. UT has a a good chance at Jones imho and T. Williams I just don't know but Texas is not pursuing him for some reason.

Phil C
02-26-2011, 10:06 PM
As an update as of today (02-26-11 at 9 P.M.) we have the following commitments. Bear in mind that these are verbals and non binding until the Letter of Intent is signed next February. They are in order received:

7. WR Thomas Johson of Dallas Skyline
8. CB Byson Echols of DeSoto
9. LB Peter Jinkens of Dallas
10. DE Caleb Bluiett of Beaumont
11. DT Paul Boyette Jr. of Humble
12. OT Camrhon Hughes of Harker Heights

We have 6 Recuited as In State and 5 as Out of Stater for a total of 11 outstanding offers.

2. OL Kennedy Estelle of Pearland Dawson
3. OL Michael Starts of Waco La Vega
4. DT Javonte Magee of Sam Houston in San Antonio
5. LB Timothy Cole of Brenham
6. DE Mario Edwards of Denton

I will update as more come information developes. I am sure more offers will come because the Out of Staters are each highly unlikely but you take no matter what. I still expect this to be about a 20 commitment class unless we get a few of the OOSs.
I also expect DT Malcolm Brown to get an offer very soon unless he has told the coaches he isn't interested.

navscanmaster
02-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Navs I don't think that UT has offered MB2 yet (according to Rivals) but I think he is an A&M lean. I think UT's chances at Gray are fair. We have to remember TCU is close to home. UT has a a good chance at Jones imho and T. Williams I just don't know but Texas is not pursuing him for some reason.

You have to understand the orangebloods spin factor going on here. Mack does not offer in state kids until he has gauged their interest and decided they are a likely commit if offered. If Malcom Brown 2012 was a horn lean and Mack felt good about his chances at landing him, he would offer. It honestly gives UT the appearance of getting anybody they offer in state and keeping the appearance of locking down the state's top athletes at will. It is not that way in fact. Of the current Big XII commits with"out" horn offers, do you think Mack would really not be interested in them? Some top flight athletes that are highly ranked by rivals and scout are off the board now, and if they wanted to be horns, they would.

Phil C
02-26-2011, 10:30 PM
You have to understand the orangebloods spin factor going on here. Mack does not offer in state kids until he has gauged their interest and decided they are a likely commit if offered. If Malcom Brown 2012 was a horn lean and Mack felt good about his chances at landing him, he would offer. It honestly gives UT the appearance of getting anybody they offer in state and keeping the appearance of locking down the state's top athletes at will. It is not that way in fact. Of the current Big XII commits with"out" horn offers, do you think Mack would really not be interested in them? Some top flight athletes that are highly ranked by rivals and scout are off the board now, and if they wanted to be horns, they would.

I agree if big time recruits wanted to be Horns and expressed Coach Mach would offer them. If not I don't think he will waste his or their time. Not all big time recruits want to be Horns for whatever reason such as ties to another school, desire to go to a smaller school and city, follow a girlfriend, a closer to home school, impressed with girls at a school while visiting, etc. Just last year when ASJ from OOS expressed interest and came to Austin at his own expense he got an offer. He chose not to come but he was offered. I understand where you are coming from.
Sometimes one doesn't know what is in a recruits thought and we have to remember these are very young men we are dealing with. If MB2 is interested and wants an offer from UT I am sure he will get it.

Old Tiger
02-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Read on another site that Cayleb Jones has committed today per fatso Ketchum and Inside Texas.

Old Tiger
02-27-2011, 01:20 PM
This is the first one that I would say A&M really wanted, after Orlando Thomas. Good, solid prospect at OT for the Horns. Hopefully, A&M can snatch up Kennedy Estelle, seeing as Texas has Riser and Hughes in their clutches now. So far, two great starts to the big two programs in state, as they are well ahead of most of the country with the 2012 class. There are some studs on both rosters, but Gray, MB2, C Jones, and T. Williams are the jewels waiting to really catapult the two classes. I heard Estelle might be the next commitment to Texas in the next month or so.

Texas isn't pursuing Williams because of possible agent stuff.

Phil C
02-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Read on another site that Cayleb Jones has committed today per fatso Ketchum and Inside Texas.

A-KA-LAI!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Phil C
02-27-2011, 03:31 PM
WR Caleb Jones of Austin makes this a lucky 13!

Phil C
02-27-2011, 10:10 PM
As an update as of today (02-27-11 at 9 P.M.) we have the following commitments. Bear in mind that these are verbals and non binding until the Letter of Intent is signed next February. They are in order received:

13. WR Cayleb Jones of Austin High

We have 7 In State Offers and 5 as Out of State Offers for a total of 12 outstanding offers.

The 7 In State offers are as follows:

7. DT Malcolm Brown of Brenham

navscanmaster
02-27-2011, 11:45 PM
I heard Estelle might be the next commitment to Texas in the next month or so.

Texas isn't pursuing Williams because of possible agent stuff.

Estelle is a little bit of a horn lean, so it looks better for them than the Ags. As for Williams, say what they want. The kid was in love with A&M for a little while there but cooled off. He didn't like the way Texas was slow playing him and openly favoring Gray. They even rescheduled a meeting with the coaches on him to fit to Gray's schedule. So.....Williams took them off his top 3, all this agent crap started. Mainly from recruitocosm, but it spread like wildfire from there. They also accused Peter Jinkens of having an agent, but I don't hear any of that talk now that he is a horn commit.

Phil C
02-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Estelle is a little bit of a horn lean, so it looks better for them than the Ags. As for Williams, say what they want. The kid was in love with A&M for a little while there but cooled off. He didn't like the way Texas was slow playing him and openly favoring Gray. They even rescheduled a meeting with the coaches on him to fit to Gray's schedule. So.....Williams took them off his top 3, all this agent crap started. Mainly from recruitocosm, but it spread like wildfire from there. They also accused Peter Jinkens of having an agent, but I don't hear any of that talk now that he is a horn commit.

That's a good hint for sure that Jinkens didn't have an agent. :)

navscanmaster
02-28-2011, 03:05 PM
That's a good hint for sure that Jinkens didn't have an agent. :)

:doh:

navscanmaster
03-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Some seem to think J. Gray is moving away from a supposed UT lean.

Two trains of thought here. Gray's father was a stud in his day. He knows where his son will stand the best chance of shining and surviving. Which brings up two opposing arguments:

a.) Gray is interested in a role at UT like Ingram/Richardson had at Bama. Bruiser/slasher one-two punch. It reduces the wear and tear and keeps him in better shape for NFL pay day.

b.) Gray was escorted around the Bright Complex at A&M by the starting O-Line. Nobody can deny the emergence of that line under Tank, and J. Gray could take over C. Gray's #32 jersey and keep his HS number and represent it for four more years.

Now neither argument factors in TCU, which is still very much in contention to land him. But TCU is still in that same situation as before, only worse. At UT or A&M, a Texas recruit's friends and family only have to go out of state two or three times max if they want to catch a game. A TCU kid, now in the Big East, only gets 5 or 6 home games, at the next nearest venue is in northern Kentucky. Not the kind of thing that sits well with parents.

Phil C
03-03-2011, 04:58 PM
As an update as of today (03-03-11 at 4 P.M.) we have the following commitments. Bear in mind that these are verbals and non binding until the Letter of Intent is signed next February. They are in order received:

We have 8 In State Offers and 5 as Out of State Offers for a total of 13 outstanding offers.

The 8 In State offers are as follows:

8. WR Griffin Gilbert of Austin Lake Travis (may be a TE)

Griffin Gilbert is UT QB Garrett Gilbert's younger brother and he has bee a big playmaker in HS. He currently has offers from UT, Texas Tech, Clemson and TCU. I think we have a good chance to get this one. :)

Phil C
03-04-2011, 12:02 PM
As an update as of today (03-04-11 at 11 A.M.) we have the following commitments. Bear in mind that these are verbals and non binding until the Letter of Intent is signed next February. They are in order received:

We have 7 In State Offers and 6 as Out of State Offers for a total of 13 outstanding offers.

The 7 In State offers are as follows:

The following are the 6 Out of State offers:

6. ATH Nelson Agholor of Tampa, FL (Probably will be WR or RB)

I updated already to adjust for dropping WR Griffin Gilbert who decided to go to TCU. He probably didn't want to grayshirt. Also I added Nelson Agholor who is a fast one. He is worth the offer even though I feel our chances are very slim.

Phil C
03-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Right now our chances of getting the 7 In State Remaining Offers are as follows:

1. Gray - it is between UT, TCU and A&M. I give the slightest of edges over TCU who has a big advantage of being close to his home. A&M is ranked third but it is a strong third. We will have to wait on this one. I think he wants to decide before the Fall Season begins.

2. Estelle - It is low confidence at 55% but I think we will get him.

3. Starts - I rate as fari at 50%. He is considering several offers.

4. Brown - I rate as low. He is most likely A&Ms' all the way.

5. Cole - I rate as low even though slightly higher than Brown. But I think in the end he will follow Brown which will probably lead to CS.

6. Magee- I rate as fair at 50%. He is considering several schools.

7. Mario Edwards - low. He is Florida State all the way.

I also rate all the OOS offers as very low or 20%. If we get one we will be lucky and if 2 we will be extremely fortunate.

Phil C
03-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Another OOS RB recuit named William Mahone of Austintown, Ohio has expressed interest in Texas but I don't think we will offer. And if we do I rate the chances at 2% of getting him. He has offers from Notre Dame, Boston College, Cincinnati, Indiana and Penn State.

Phil C
03-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Jonathan Williams of The Woodlands, Texas has expressed interest in UT. He is a RB. He has offers from Arkansas, Iowa, Missiouri, and Virginia and Rice and Oklahoma State are interested. If he is interested in UT we better grab him now before it is too late because I feel now that Gray is on his way to TCU. I rate it as TCU 55%, UT 45% and A&M 5%. He is just too close to TCU as far as HS goes and I give them the definate edge now.

WestTxschwab
03-09-2011, 12:31 PM
VYPE-Aledo RB Johnathan Gray pleased with TCU practice

http://www.ihigh.com...icle_57511.html

Aledo running back Johnathan Gray was impressed with Coach Gary Patterson’s “hands-on” approach during a visit to a TCU practice yesterday. Gray, No. 1 on VYPE DFW’s list of 2012 recruits, attended the TCU workout as part of his process in choosing an offer from TCU, Texas or Texas A&M.

“The practice, even though it was in shorts and shoulder pads, was intense. It was great to see Coach P running around being hands on,” Gray told VYPE DFW’s J.D. Sanders. “Coach P keeps everyone focused including the coaches. He yells at the coaches too. It was also great to see the offense and defense going at each other. I’m looking forward to seeing Thursday’s practice.”

taken from killerfrogs.com

Phil C
03-16-2011, 06:59 AM
As an update as of today (03-16-11 at 7 A.M.) we have the following commitments. Bear in mind that these are verbals and non binding until the Letter of Intent is signed next February. They are in order received:

We have 6 In State Offers and 6 as Out of State Offers for a total of 12 outstanding offers.

The 6 In State offers are as follows:

6. DT Malcolm Brown of Brenham

The following are the 6 Out of State offers:

I dropped Mario Edwards because as expected he verbaled to Florida State.

Phil C
03-16-2011, 07:02 AM
VYPE-Aledo RB Johnathan Gray pleased with TCU practice

http://www.ihigh.com...icle_57511.html

Aledo running back Johnathan Gray was impressed with Coach Gary Patterson’s “hands-on” approach during a visit to a TCU practice yesterday. Gray, No. 1 on VYPE DFW’s list of 2012 recruits, attended the TCU workout as part of his process in choosing an offer from TCU, Texas or Texas A&M.

“The practice, even though it was in shorts and shoulder pads, was intense. It was great to see Coach P running around being hands on,” Gray told VYPE DFW’s J.D. Sanders. “Coach P keeps everyone focused including the coaches. He yells at the coaches too. It was also great to see the offense and defense going at each other. I’m looking forward to seeing Thursday’s practice.”

taken from killerfrogs.com

This is good information West. I feel TCU is a leader just reading between the lines. I rate it as TCU 60%, UT35% and A&M 5% as of today.

RoyceTTU
03-16-2011, 08:06 AM
This is good information West. I feel TCU is a leader just reading between the lines. I rate it as TCU 60%, UT35% and A&M 5% as of today.

Rumor has it J Gray has cancelled his April trip to UT. He will not be attending the Spring game. Not that it's all bad since I think he has already spent a few seperate visits there.

Also, Derek David from Rockdale is back on the board. I think UT might of dumped him once though? is this right? Either way, there are a bunch rumors floating and none can be spoke of here.

Old Tiger
03-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU

Also, Derek David from Rockdale is back on the board. I think UT might of dumped him once though? is this right? Either way, there are a bunch rumors floating and none can be spoke of here. I don't think he is a good "fit" for UT

Phil C
03-18-2011, 02:50 PM
As an update as of today (03-18-11 at 3 P.M.) we have the following commitments. Bear in mind that these are verbals and non binding until the Letter of Intent is signed next February. They are in order received:

We have 6 In State Offers and 7 as Out of State Offers for a total of 13 outstanding offers.

The following are the 7 Out of State offers:

7. DE Issac Gross of Mississippi

Phil C
03-18-2011, 02:53 PM
There are rumors of other offers or offers to be from other free web sites but I prefer to wait until they are official from Rivals.
I did add Mr. Gross to the list above because it is official and he has an impressive list of offers from Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas. As usual on the OOS recruits I think our chances are less than 20% but they are too good to not accept if they want to come here.

Phil C
03-21-2011, 09:22 PM
As an update as of today (03-21-11 at 9:30 P.M.) we have the following commitments. Bear in mind that these are verbals and non binding until the Letter of Intent is signed next February. They are in order received:

We have 6 In State Offers and 8 as Out of State Offers for a total of 14 outstanding offers.

The following are the 8 Out of State offers:

8. OT Vadal Alexander of Georgia

Phil C
03-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Mr. Alexander is the new one on the list. I also rate the chances of getting him as extremely low. He has offers from Alabama, Notre Dame, Florida, Georgia and Ohio State to name a few.

Dogman_1969
04-03-2011, 04:53 PM

Both committed to Ut at the spring game today.

\m/ HOOKEM \m/

navscanmaster
04-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969

Both committed to Ut at the spring game today.

\m/ HOOKEM \m/

Must see immediate playing time.

Gig 'em.

Phil C
04-03-2011, 09:53 PM
As of today (April 3, 2011) with the verbals of 2 recruits today the update is a follows:

14. DT Malcolm Brown of Brenham
15. LB Timothy Cole of Brenham

We have 4 In State Offers and 8 as Out of State Offers for a total of 12 outstanding offers.

The 4 In State offers are as follows:

I still rate the chances of getting any of the OOS recruits as low and Gray by a very slim margin going to TCU. Of course just to show what I know I didn't think we had a chance of getting both Mr. Cole and Mr. Brown.

navscanmaster
04-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Brown had "it" as a NT in the 3-4. If ut really sold him on no NFL future and injury risk as a college NT, I guess he is naive. Over half the NFL teams run a 3 man front with hybrid backers, a few (Dallas a big example) in the exact mold of A&M's defense under DeRuyter. True nose tackles like Haynesworth and Ratliff are very highly paid guys. We'll see though. I can't ever remember A&M stealing a recruit from ut, but the sun shines on a dogs behind every now and then.

Old Tiger
04-05-2011, 10:37 AM
This will be 3 awesome classes for Texas in a row.

Phil C
04-07-2011, 10:55 AM
As of today (April 7, 2011) the update is a follows:

14. DT Malcom Brown of Brenham

We have 4 In State Offers and 8 as Out of State Offers for a total of 12 outstanding offers.

I don't have any changes above but I have heard on another free board that we have offered Channing Ward a DE from Mississippi. He has offers from Alabama, Florida, Notre Dame, and Mississippi. He doesn't have one from us according to Rivals which is my official source but there could be nine of them.

Old Tiger is right. This is going to be a good class even though I don't expect it to be as large as the others. I am puzzled as to why Mr. Starts and Mr. Estelle haven't committed yet. There is a rumor that Mr. Gray will announce his decision on his birthday, April 22, 2011 which is also Good Friday. We will see.

Old Tiger
04-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Texas lands these two IMO

Has a good chance of these three as well

Phil C
04-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Texas lands these two IMO

Has a good chance of these three as well

If we got those five I would be delighted. You don't think we have a shot at Starts also?

Old Tiger
04-07-2011, 08:31 PM
If we got those five I would be delighted. You don't think we have a shot at Starts also? Hm...its tough to say...

Estelles mom said that she was very impressed when she left Texas sunday and so was her son.

I would love to get the Missouri receiver but that is just a dream unless Wyatt can pull it off

Phil C
04-14-2011, 10:56 AM
I just saw on another free web site that D.J. Humphries, DT, from NC has supposedly picked favorites that are Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee and Auburn. I had our chances as low anyway but I now decrease it to 1%.

WestTxschwab
04-15-2011, 08:05 AM
Malcolm Brown is back with his girlfriend.... could be something to watch. She is going to be attending school in the fall as well.

Old Tiger
04-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Malcolm Brown is back with his girlfriend.... could be something to watch. She is going to be attending school in the fall as well. Whats that even mean?

MB2 committed before Cole.

navscanmaster
04-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Whats that even mean?

MB2 committed before Cole.

Facebook stalkers from both sides and some Brenham horn fan on 247 have said that Malcom committed to Austin a day after he broke up with his girlfriend who is supposedly headed to A&M. A little too much attention to the lives of 16 year olds if you ask me.

PhilC...about Starts...he has expressed interest in playing defense at the college level, and Austin is the only offensive offer remaining, A&M, Baylor, and TCU want him on defense, although Baylor and TCU would give him whatever he wanted for a signature. A&M is done on O-Line save a high profile O-Line target like Estelle wanting to commit.

NastySlot
04-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Facebook stalkers from both sides and some Brenham horn fan on 247 have said that Malcom committed to Austin a day after he broke up with his girlfriend who is supposedly headed to A&M. A little too much attention to the lives of 16 year olds if you ask me.

PhilC...about Starts...he has expressed interest in playing defense at the college level, and Austin is the only offensive offer remaining, A&M, Baylor, and TCU want him on defense, although Baylor and TCU would give him whatever he wanted for a signature. A&M is done on O-Line save a high profile O-Line target like Estelle wanting to commit.

heard Williams and his buudy Matt Davis committed to the Aggies today...Great RB pickup and now two top QB commits.

NastySlot
04-16-2011, 04:50 PM
heard Williams and his buudy Matt Davis committed to the Aggies today...Great RB pickup and now two top QB commits.

and they have a buddy who might decommittng and switching to aggieland.

navscanmaster
04-17-2011, 03:41 PM
and they have a buddy who might decommittng and switching to aggieland.

Yep. Not bad to pick up a QB ranked #4 by Scout and a RB ranked #5 in practically the same minute. We'll see how they end up on Rivals, which is unfortunately dependent on how Staples Ketchum ranks them. Typically, Aggie commits fall in the LSR while Longhorn commits rise.

Old Tiger
04-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Yep. Not bad to pick up a QB ranked #4 by Scout and a RB ranked #5 in practically the same minute. We'll see how they end up on Rivals, which is unfortunately dependent on how Staples Ketchum ranks them. Typically, Aggie commits fall in the LSR while Longhorn commits rise. Cause Liucci is so accurate with his

Phil C
04-19-2011, 03:44 PM
As of today (April 19, 2011) the update is a follows:

4. ATH Orlando Thomas of Copperas Cove

I have put these here even though there are no changes but it is expected that Gray will commit this Friday either to Texas, TCU or A&M. We will see.

Old Tiger
04-20-2011, 08:47 AM
As of today (April 19, 2011) the update is a follows:

I have put these here even though there are no changes but it is expected that Gray will commit this Friday either to Texas, TCU or A&M. We will see. Definitely not A&M after that douche aggy pauley or whatever wrote there was a price tag for him.

Phil C
04-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Definitely not A&M after that douche aggy pauley or whatever wrote there was a price tag for him.

Old it is hard for me to believe anyone from UT, A&M or TCU would post that because all three are in the running. A post like that sure can't help your cause and may open you up to slander.

RoyceTTU
04-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Old it is hard for me to believe anyone from UT, A&M or TCU would post that because all three are in the running. A post like that sure can't help your cause and may open you up to slander.

I'm pretty confident that A&M's small chance has dwindled to nothing. After a false accusation posted on a website created by an aggie and a seize and decease letter by the Gray's, surelly he has a bad taste in his mouth.

http://thethunderdomeblog.blogspot.com/

This site has now been takin down but here is what it said.

"Word is filtering in from various high-placed sources close to “The Dome” that the father of star recruit Jonathan Gray, a class of 2012 running back from Aledo High School in Aledo, TX, who many rate as the top running back prospect in the country, may now be shopping his sons services to college coaches for a reported $250,000. And why not? Should this deal go through, Jonathan, who has traveled to several schools this spring with his father, ex NFL-er James Gray, would have the same plausible deniability that Cam Newton did this past season after his father, Cecil Newton, was caught shopping his services to Mississippi State. The junior running back and his father have reportedly pared his list of suitors down to three finalists in TCU, Texas A&M, and UT. Many UT sources have been claiming for months that Gray is already committed silently to The Longhorns. If true, then it appears the Grays and UT is dragging out the commitment for appearances sake. Nice cover story."

- From thethunderdomeblog.blogspot.com

Here is where this clown talks about opening up his blog.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...=www.google.com

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...=www.google.com

This wasn't fair to the Gray's and really because of one DA i'm sure JG has a bad taste in his mouth.

Phil, this A&M poster is still an active poster on TexAgs.com

Phil C
04-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the information Royce. That is scary indeed and also it is foolish. Even if he was to verbal to someone else it is still hurting the Aggies' chances if he is an Aggie because verbals are non binding. It is the official signature in February, 2012, that makes it binding and secure. This hurts the faint chances in the event he changes his mind before then.

RoyceTTU
04-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the information Royce. That is scary indeed and also it is foolish. Even if he was to verbal to someone else it is still hurting the Aggies' chances if he is an Aggie because verbals are non binding. It is the official signature in February, 2012, that makes it binding and secure. This hurts the faint chances in the event he changes his mind before then.

Yep, craziness, that brings me to my next question.

Would you mind opening up a blog and posting the same thing about JG for me. And if I get a volunteer for TCU maybe we can get Tech back in the mix:D :p

Phil C
04-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Yep, craziness, that brings me to my next question.

Would you mind opening up a blog and posting the same thing about JG for me. And if I get a volunteer for TCU maybe we can get Tech back in the mix:D :p

No but that is a good one! :D

Old Tiger
04-20-2011, 01:55 PM
pauley01 is his texaggy screen name if I am not msitaken

RoyceTTU
04-20-2011, 02:13 PM
pauley01 is his texaggy screen name if I am not msitaken

"DaRootas Big D" is his username.

I just realized mylinks were broken.

He anounces he wants to create a blog
Link1 (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:dM-09M_fxq4J:texags.com/main/forum.reply. asp%3Ftopic_id%3D1816748%26forum_id%3D6+site:texag<br />s.com+%22DaRootas+Big+D%22&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com)

...That will have interviews with big cigars, rank speculation about recruits, accusations against past, present, and future sip players, and convoluted and/or nonexistent sources.

If I ever predict anything correctly, I will continue to point to that as evidence that the newest pile of **** I threw against the wall should be treated as gospel.

Would you guys read such a blog? It would be free, of course.

Also, I'm looking for someone to serve as my legal department. Any takers?

Done.

I have a nice little weekend lined up, but I figure I can be online by midweek.

The first article should be a dousy.

Here he shows the address

link2 (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:UMDl6dEaSf0J:texags.com/main/forum.reply. asp%3Ftopic_id%3D1820843%26forum_id%3D6+site:texag<br />s.com+%22DaRootas+Big+D%22&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com)

DaRootas Big D
posted 12:41p, 04/07/11

http://thethunderdomeblog.blogspot.com/

Old Tiger
04-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Some other recruiting news

according to GerryH via tweeter:

Mansell247sport Rusty Mansell
by GerryH247sports
5-Star OT John Theus let me know that Texas OL Coach Stacy Searels will visit with him tomorrow.
14 hours ago

http://247sports.com/Recruit/John-Theus-551

Would be a HUGE pickup.

Andrus Peat is supposed to visit Austin soon as well....Brewer in his ear out there in Arizona helps out from what I hear...

http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/Weekend-update-on-Andrus-Peat-1909951/1

navscanmaster
04-21-2011, 02:49 PM
:rolleyes: I enjoyed "the Dome" as a satire site mocking Shuttlesworth and "the 'cosm" until that piece about the 250K. What a douche move. Strip him of his ring.

Phil C
04-22-2011, 12:28 AM
As of today (April 22, 2011 at 12:25 A.M.) the update is a follows:

16. RB Johnathan Gray of Aledo

We have 3 In State Offers and 8 as Out of State Offers for a total of 11 outstanding offers.

1. OL Kennedy Estelle of Pearland Dawson
2. OL Michael Starts of Waco La Vega
3. DT Javonte Magee of Sam Houston in San Antonio

Phil C
04-23-2011, 01:28 PM
A reminder that technically Dominique Wheeler WR from Crockett still has an offer from us. But I have not listed him because I think our chances are 0.1 of 1% and I don't think we are pursuing him since we are loaded at WR. He has offers also from A&M, TCU, Auburn, Clemson, Oklahoma State as well as other. I think he will be going to TCU. If we did get him it would be one of the biggest recruiting surprises ever.

Phil C
05-16-2011, 06:11 PM
As of today (May 16, 2011 at 6:07 P.M.) the update is a follows:

We have 3 In State Offers and 8 as Out of State Offers for a total of 11 outstanding offers.

The 3 In State offers are as follows:

7. DE Torshiro Davis of Lousiana

I replaced Gross with Davis because Gross has committed to Mississippi. I added Davis because even though he has verbaled to Louisiana it is apparently a soft verbal and he is interested in us so we have offered.

Right now instate I think we have a good chance to get Estelle but unlikely to get Magee or Starts.

Out of state I think our chances are low on all of them but I rate Peat as a high low. We will see.

navscanmaster
05-16-2011, 08:47 PM
As of today (May 16, 2011 at 6:07 P.M.) the update is a follows:

I replaced Gross with Davis because Gross has committed to Mississippi. I added Davis because even though he has verbaled to Louisiana it is apparently a soft verbal and he is interested in us so we have offered.

Right now instate I think we have a good chance to get Estelle but unlikely to get Magee or Starts.

Out of state I think our chances are low on all of them but I rate Peat as a high low. We will see.

Have seen that Akina has been in contact and is trying to get Colin Blake to Austin for J5. Also, LB Denzel Devall is rumored to be coming to the camp. Both are 4 stars and also have A&M offers. Blake is intrigued by TCU, but likes A&M and his dad is supposedly pushing him to the Ags. Devall is as close to committing to A&M as possible, but you know how the last D-Lineman that was a heavy Aggie lean went after Mack sold him a used car.

Old Tiger
05-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Have seen that Akina has been in contact and is trying to get Colin Blake to Austin for J5. Also, LB Denzel Devall is rumored to be coming to the camp. Both are 4 stars and also have A&M offers. Blake is intrigued by TCU, but likes A&M and his dad is supposedly pushing him to the Ags. Devall is as close to committing to A&M as possible, but you know how the last D-Lineman that was a heavy Aggie lean went after Mack sold him a used car. At least Mack didn't FedEx him the payment. ;)

Phil C
05-23-2011, 07:51 PM
As of today (May 23, 2011 at 7:50 P.M.) the update is a follows:

We have 3 In State Offers and 10 as Out of State Offers for a total of 13 outstanding offers.

The following are the 10 Out of State offers:

9. DE Denico Autry of Mississippi
10. DB Geno Smith of Georgia

Autry and Smith are the two additions but I rate our chances as low.

Phil C
06-02-2011, 10:39 AM
As of today (June 2, 2011 at 10:30 A.M.) the update is a follows:

We have 2 In State Offers and 10 as Out of State Offers for a total of 12 outstanding offers.

2. DT Javonte Magee of Sam Houston in San Antonio

This morning OL Michael Starts verbaled to Texas Tech which was not a surprise and is a good pickup for them. There are summer camps this weekend and next weekend in Austin so more offers may be given. We will see.

Phil C
06-05-2011, 06:26 PM
As of today (June 5, 2011 at 6:20 P.M.) the update is a follows:

17. OL Kennedy Estelle of Pearland Dawson

We have 1 In State Offer and 10 as Out of State Offers for a total of 11 outstanding offers.

The 1 In State offer is as follows:

1. DT Javonte Magee of Sam Houston in San Antonio

More offers may be coming as they are having summer camps at UT this weekend and next weekend. This is a great class and I feel that if we can get one more good OL and a good DB it will be perfect.

navscanmaster
06-05-2011, 07:50 PM
I would say Texas is probably close to offering either Greg Brantley of Carthage or the Armstead kid from Port Arthur that is currently a Baylor commit. A couple of recruits to continually keep your eye out for as far as Texas targets would be Colin Blake or S.A. Brandeis or Van LB Dalton Santos, that is if it looks like Torshiro Davis or Agholor are not likely.

Dogman_1969
06-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Heard that Daniel Brooks RB-CB Rockdale (also 1st place at State track meet in 100m) was offered yesterday by the Longhorns staff. He is currently a OU commit so we'll have to see.

Phil C
06-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Heard that Daniel Brooks RB-CB Rockdale (also 1st place at State track meet in 100m) was offered yesterday by the Longhorns staff. He is currently a OU commit so we'll have to see.

Right you are Dogman and thanks for the information. I will update.

Phil C
06-06-2011, 11:37 AM
As of today (June 6, 2011 at 11:35 A.M.) the update is a follows:

We have 2 In State Offers and 10 as Out of State Offers for a total of 12 outstanding offers.

The 2 In State offers are as follows:

2. DB Daniel Brooks of Rockdate

Old Tiger
06-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Daniel was offered as an ATH....most likely ends up playing offense if he goes to Texas.

SHSBulldog00
06-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Would love to see Green-Beckham in Burnt Orange. I heard he was leaning towards staying in state when I was in Missouri.

navscanmaster
06-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Would love to see Green-Beckham in Burnt Orange. I heard he was leaning towards staying in state when I was in Missouri.

DGB is in Norman with the family. It has long been thought that Mizzou and OU are the front runners.

Old Tiger
06-07-2011, 01:53 PM
DGB is in Norman with the family. It has long been thought that Mizzou and OU are the front runners. I've heard Alabama is right there as well.

Phil C
06-22-2011, 10:32 AM
DB Geno Smith is quoted as Alabama and Auburn are his top two but Notre Dame, Tennessee and Texas are in the top five. I still rate UT's chances as very low.

Old Tiger
06-22-2011, 01:36 PM
DB Geno Smith is quoted as Alabama and Auburn are his top two but Notre Dame, Tennessee and Texas are in the top five. I still rate UT's chances as very low. How do you feel about UT's chances with Nelson Agholor? From what I have seen they seem to be in the drivers seat.

Phil C
06-22-2011, 03:05 PM
How do you feel about UT's chances with Nelson Agholor? From what I have seen they seem to be in the drivers seat.

I have heard that Nelson's visit really went good and he liked Texas. I still rate our chances as low but it is a high low at 45%. I have heard Peat is coming and we could improve in his choices even though I have heard USC is the one to beat.

RoyceTTU
06-22-2011, 03:10 PM
I have heard that Nelson's visit really went good and he liked Texas. I still rate our chances as low but it is a high low at 45%. I have heard Peat is coming and we could improve in his choices even though I have heard USC is the one to beat.

I have a hard time understanding why anyone would rank USC above UT knowing all the sanctions they are working though. Surely UT has the upper hand unless USC is closer to home.

Old Tiger
06-22-2011, 07:16 PM
The recruitment of athlete Nelson Agholor (Tamp, Fla./Berkeley Prep) continues to be one without much known other than the schools the 6-foot-1, 180-pound electric playmaker has unofficially visited.

Agholor was talking up Texas at a recent 7-on-7 in Tampa
Agholor, the No. 22 prospect in The247, visited Texas and TCU in early June. Upon returning home, he participated in a 7-on-7 tournament in the Tampa area.

During the event, a source told Hookem.com that Agholor was overheard telling a 2012 prospect committed to an SEC East program, “You need to go check out Texas”.

He added, “If you love football, you should go check out Texas. It’s a football school.”

The source said Agholor was talking up Texas in a big way to the 2012 prospect. Texas was the only school Agholor was talking up during that few minute period of time.

Shortly after, Agholor was approached by a newspaper reporter and went back into “media mode” as so many kids do these days.

Agholor has taken unofficial visits to Florida, Florida State, USC, Auburn, Georgia and UCF in addition to Texas and TCU. He will be going back to USC this summer.

Texas defensive backs coach Duane Akina is heading up the Agholor recruitment. Akina made a school stop at Berkeley Prep in early May. The Longhorns have talked with Agholor about playing defensive back and receiver.
Prior to June, USC, Florida and Florida State were considered to be the top three by media members in the Sunshine State.

The above is from recently

Phil C
06-28-2011, 01:31 PM
As of today (June 28, 2011 at 1:35 P.M.) the update is a follows:

18. K Nick Jordan of Coppell HS

I updated the quote because now we have a committment of a kicker named Nick Jordan of Coppell HS. He attended camp and must have really impressed the coaches because they really wanted him. This is great because in today's games kickers are very important on kickoff and field goals. Great news indeed and really a surprise.

Phil C
06-28-2011, 01:44 PM
I double checked with Rivals and nIck also had offers from Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Iowa and Illinois and was under consideration at Florida and TCU.

Phil C
07-05-2011, 03:34 PM
There are some souces that have reported that 2011 DT recruit Quincy Russell is not eligible and will be going the junior college route. This is at a key position and I think UT will offer another DT soon.

Phil C
07-15-2011, 11:00 PM
As of today (July 15, 2011 at 11:00 P.M.) the update is a follows:

We have 2 In State Offers and 9 as Out of State Offers for a total of 11 outstanding offers.

The following are the 9 Out of State offers:

2. OL Andrus Peat of Arizona
3. WR Dorial Green-Beckham of Missouri
4. DT Eddie Goldman of Washington D.C.
5. ATH Nelson Agholor of Tampa, FL (Probably will be WR or RB)
6. DE Torshiro Davis of Lousiana
7. OT Vadal Alexander of Georgia
8. DE Denico Autry of Mississippi
9. DB Geno Smith of Georgia

I updated the list because John Theus OL from Florida committed to Geogia. I didn't think we had a chance at him so not really any surprising news here. I hope we get at least one good DT and DB in our remaining recruits.

Phil C
08-08-2011, 03:44 PM
As of today (August 8, 2011 at 4:00 P.M.) the update is a follows:

We have 2 In State Offers and 8 as Out of State Offers for a total of 10 outstanding offers.

2. DB Daniel Brooks of Port Lavaca

1. OL Andrus Peat of Arizona
2. WR Dorial Green-Beckham of Missouri
3. DT Eddie Goldman of Washington D.C.
4. ATH Nelson Agholor of Tampa, FL (Probably will be WR or RB)
5. DE Torshiro Davis of Lousiana
6. OT Vadal Alexander of Georgia
7. DE Denico Autry of Mississippi
8. DB Geno Smith of Georgia

I updated the list because OT D. J. Humphries of NC committed to Florida which was not a big surprise. Of the above list Brooks has committed to Oklahoma and Davis to LSU but these are soft and there is a chance they might go to UT even though I think they are faint chances. Of the out of staters the only one that I think we might have a low fair chance is Peat but the others are definitely low.

Phil C
08-17-2011, 02:53 PM
As of today (August 17, 2011 at 3:00 P.M.) the update is a follows:

We have 2 In State Offers and 7 as Out of State Offers for a total of 9 outstanding offers.

I updated the list because CB Geno Smith of Georgia committed to Alabama. This is not a surprise at all because I felt our chances with him were low.

Phil C
09-06-2011, 11:18 AM
As of today (August 17, 2011 at 3:00 P.M.) the update is a follows:

We have 2 In State Offers and 7 as Out of State Offers for a total of 9 outstanding offers.

I updated the list because CB Geno Smith of Georgia committed to Alabama. This is not a surprise at all because I felt our chances with him were low.

No real update here is the lists of positions that we have recruited: 1QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 3 OL, 1 ATH, 2 DE, 3DT, 3 LB, 1 DB and 1 K. I now hope we get at least one more good OL, DT, DB and a punter.

Phil C
10-24-2011, 03:07 PM
As of today (October 24, 2011 at 3:20 P.M.) the update is a follows:

We have 2 In State Offers and 8 as Out of State Offers for a total of 10 outstanding offers.

8. DE/OT Arik Armstead of California

Arik is a recent offer and is expected to visit the campus soon. He is a top prospect and has offers from Alabama, California, Notre Dame, Washington, Oklahoma and Florida among others. He is listed as having high interest in the first four and medium in us but he hasn't visited the campus yet. It is great that he is interested in visiting the campus but I rate our chances as very low at 10% at the most.

Old Tiger
10-31-2011, 11:57 AM
Tatum QB/ATH Jalen Overstreet makes #19 for the Horns.

Red&White_9x5
10-31-2011, 01:24 PM
The recruitment of athlete Nelson Agholor (Tamp, Fla./Berkeley Prep) continues to be one without much known other than the schools the 6-foot-1, 180-pound electric playmaker has unofficially visited.

Agholor was talking up Texas at a recent 7-on-7 in Tampa
Agholor, the No. 22 prospect in The247, visited Texas and TCU in early June. Upon returning home, he participated in a 7-on-7 tournament in the Tampa area.

During the event, a source told Hookem.com that Agholor was overheard telling a 2012 prospect committed to an SEC East program, “You need to go check out Texas”.

He added, “If you love football, you should go check out Texas. It’s a football school.”

The source said Agholor was talking up Texas in a big way to the 2012 prospect. Texas was the only school Agholor was talking up during that few minute period of time.

Shortly after, Agholor was approached by a newspaper reporter and went back into “media mode” as so many kids do these days.

Agholor has taken unofficial visits to Florida, Florida State, USC, Auburn, Georgia and UCF in addition to Texas and TCU. He will be going back to USC this summer.

Texas defensive backs coach Duane Akina is heading up the Agholor recruitment. Akina made a school stop at Berkeley Prep in early May. The Longhorns have talked with Agholor about playing defensive back and receiver.
Prior to June, USC, Florida and Florida State were considered to be the top three by media members in the Sunshine State.

The above is from recently

Don't count Akina out, he seems to always find a way to lure them in

Phil C
12-01-2011, 05:02 PM
As of today (December 1, 2011 at 4:20 P.M.) the update is a follows:

19. ATH Jalen Overstreet of Tatum

3. ATH Kendall Sanders of Athens

There are rumors of more offers but I will update when official. I still have little hope for any of the out of state ones now. I had hope for Peat but I now rate our chances as 30% now.

the genious
12-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Where is the Daniel Brooks kid from? It says Rockdale and Port Lavaca! If it's the one from Rockdale that kid is FAST! Won state in the 100 last year! ZOOM!!!!

SHSBulldog00
12-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Where is the Daniel Brooks kid from? It says Rockdale and Port Lavaca! If it's the one from Rockdale that kid is FAST! Won state in the 100 last year! ZOOM!!!!

He was from Rockdale, but moved to Port Lavaca.

Z-RO
12-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Marcus Johnson and Kendall Sanders will be the next two commits in no given order....book it.

Old Tiger
12-02-2011, 03:49 AM
Marcus Johnson and Kendall Sanders will be the next two commits in no given order....book it.Hear Adrian Colbert as well.

Z-RO
12-02-2011, 04:57 AM
I don't think he is as high on Texas as the other two are. They could land him, but those other two are damn near all but locked up.

Old Tiger
12-02-2011, 01:04 PM
December 9th is a big weekend for Texas recruiting wise....

Here are a list of visitors that weekend

Commits:
Caleb Bluiett
Paul Boyette
Connor Brewer
Malcom Brown
Tim Cole
Alex De La Torre
Bryson Echols
Camrhon Hughes
Nick Jordan
Cayleb Jones
Alex Norman
Hassan Ridgeway
Curtis Riser
Orlando Thomas

Non-commits:

Arik Armstead (CA) -- maybe
Adrian Colbert
Landon Collins (LA)
Torshiro Davis (LA)
Mario Edwards
Marcus Johnson
Javonte Magee -- maybe, could go to Missouri with teammate
Kendall Sanders
Kevin Vacarro

Z-RO
12-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Magee's scholarship offer has been pulled so that's a no go.

MGAR
12-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Kendall Sanders just committed to Texas.

Didn't take long at all..

Been verbal to OSU, Texas offers, tells OSU no thanks, hello Bevo.

Z-RO
12-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Didnt see that coming lol

:lies:

Phil C
12-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Didnt see that coming lol

:lies:

Me neither. At least not as far as the timing goes. I thought he would come to UT but I thought he was going to wait a little longer though. Great news indeed!

Phil C
12-02-2011, 04:28 PM
As of today (December 2, 2011 at 4:00 P.M.) the update is a follows:

20. ATH Kendall Sanders of Athens

The class is almost full so look for things to happen at perhaps a fast pace over the next week.

Phil C
12-02-2011, 05:06 PM
As of today (December 2, 2011 at 4:20 P.M.) the update is a follows:

3. ATH Adrian Colbert of Mineral Wells (committed to Baylor but it must be a soft verbal)
4. DE Mario Edwards of Denton (committed to Florida State where I think he will go)

Great work OldTiger. I have updated the list to tie with yours. DB Landon Collins has not received an offer yet but he may get one. He is scheduled to visit UT on 12-9-11.
Defensive back Kevin Vacarro of Brownwood has not received an offer but may after his visit on the same day. I think UT really wants him to greyshirt this year. We will see.

As I have posted things should get very interested after the visits next weekend.

Old Tiger
12-02-2011, 05:53 PM
I heard Texas it getting back into recruiting Trey Williams and possibly Matt Davis.

Z-RO
12-02-2011, 07:00 PM
You still have Javonte Magee listed to have an offer, but it has officially been pulled an Texas no longer has any interest. Also you are forgetting Donald Hawkins from NW Mississippi Community College who currently has Texas as his #1 school.

Phil C
12-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Thank you for your information Old Tiger and Z-RO. I go by Rivals as official and they still have MaGee with an offer and the others not yet. I admit your information is probably correct but I only list the Rivals information. Please keep sharing information though.

Phil C
12-04-2011, 10:37 PM
As of today (December 4, 2011 at 10:00 P.M.) the update is a follows:

21. WR Marcus Johnson of Clear Springs

3. ATH Adrian Colbert of Mineral Wells (committed to Baylor but it must be a soft verbal)
4. DE Mario Edwards of Denton (committed to Florida State where I think he will go)

Things should really develope after this weekend. There is little room left so whoever wants to ocme to UT will probably need to decide soon. There are things that may have started to develope as some of the other posters have written. I have heard that WR Thomas Jefferson is now a soft verbal and looking around but it is only a rumor.

I still have all the out of staters as very unlikely.

Old Tiger
12-05-2011, 12:58 AM
As of today (December 4, 2011 at 10:00 P.M.) the update is a follows:

Things should really develope after this weekend. There is little room left so whoever wants to ocme to UT will probably need to decide soon. There are things that may have started to develope as some of the other posters have written. I have heard that WR Thomas Jefferson is now a soft verbal and looking around but it is only a rumor.

I still have all the out of staters as very unlikely.Hear Magee and Brooks no longer have offers.

Heard Peat and Texas are beginning to part ways.

Phil C
12-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Hear Magee and Brooks no longer have offers.

Heard Peat and Texas are beginning to part ways.

That doesn't surprise me about Peat because I had out of staters rated low as far as coming to UT.

Old Tiger
12-07-2011, 03:01 PM
JUCO OT Donald Hawkins committed to play for the Horns today! He should enroll in the spring and will likely be starting LT next year.

Phil C
12-07-2011, 04:31 PM
JUCO OT Donald Hawkins committed to play for the Horns today! He should enroll in the spring and will likely be starting LT next year.

This is great news. I was hoping we would get one more good OL in this class. Now I hope we get a good DB.

Phil C
12-07-2011, 04:37 PM
As of today (December 7, 2011 at 4:00 P.M.) the update is a follows:

22. OL Donald Hawkins of Mississippi (a Junior College Transfer)

There may be more especially after the December 9 visits. This class is almost filled up and whoever wants to come to UT better decide quick. I don't think we have a chance at any of the out of staters above and from what I have heard some of the in staters are low. Still this is going to be one great class and I look for more surprising news in the next few days.

Phil C
12-07-2011, 10:16 PM
No. 23 is in. It is DT Brandon Moore of Mississippi. Another Junior College Transfer.

I will probably not do any more update lists now because this class is filling up fast. It won't be official until National Signing Day in February.

Phil C
12-07-2011, 10:36 PM
I have heard on another web site that we may be taking as many as 27 so some may be quitting or transfering.

Old Tiger
12-08-2011, 12:32 AM
No. 23 is in. It is DT Brandon Moore of Mississippi. Another Junior College Transfer.

I will probably not do any more update lists now because this class is filling up fast. It won't be official until National Signing Day in February.Texas will take 27 kids if they can.

Phil C
12-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Texas will take 27 kids if they can.

In that case what the heck.

As of today (December 8, 2011 at 1:00 P.M.) the update is a follows:

23. DT Brandon Moore of Mississippi (a Junior College Transfer)

Z-RO
12-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Adrian Colbert is currently on his way to Austin....I expect a commitment in the near future.

the genious
12-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Could the QB from Arizona compete for starting job next year or will he get the red shirt?

Phil C
12-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Could the QB from Arizona compete for starting job next year or will he get the red shirt?

I think he could compete but I would rather him red shirt and ride the bench for the next year. I like QBs to be devloped slow to learn the system, get experience, and get ready mentally.

Old Tiger
12-09-2011, 07:22 PM
I think he could compete but I would rather him red shirt and ride the bench for the next year. I like QBs to be devloped slow to learn the system, get experience, and get ready mentally.I've heard rumblings of a JUCO QB named Bo Wallace.

the genious
12-10-2011, 12:17 AM
I've heard rumblings of a JUCO QB named Bo Wallace.

Next Cam Newton... (fingers crossed)

Old Tiger
12-10-2011, 09:27 AM
180k?
Next Cam Newton... (fingers crossed)

SHSBulldog00
12-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Both making visits to Austin this weekend

DE Mario Edwards of Denton (committed to Florida State where I think he will go) not solid http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/high-school/post/_/id/9811/mario-edwards-not-totally-sold-on-florida-state

DE Torshiro Davis of Shreveport, Lousiana

Sportshack
12-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Adrian Colbert is currently on his way to Austin....I expect a commitment in the near future.

I heard radio report that Kenny Vaccaro was tweeting about "it being time to get up on out of here".

Phil C
12-10-2011, 03:28 PM
I heard radio report that Kenny Vaccaro was tweeting about "it being time to get up on out of here".

I hope he stays but if he is going to go in the first two rounds he probably should go because of the money. I think we have offered his younger brother a greyshirt and I hope he takes it. I think Kevin would be good in the long run but he will be a time project in my opinion.

Z-RO
12-10-2011, 04:12 PM
I dont think Kenny should leave seeing as how he is being project to be a mid 2nd to early 3rd rounder. Take Earl Thomas for example, he came back and made himself a ton of money. If money is his issue then he should do himself a favor and return. TBH though I think he was just stirring the pot of the Orangebloods crowd.

Z-RO
12-10-2011, 04:13 PM

Fingers crossed! He has interest in Texas....but Mack can be stubborn.

Phil C
12-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Fingers crossed! He has interest in Texas....but Mack can be stubborn.

Be encouragaed Z-RO. He has got two junior college transfers this year which he hasn't had in years.

Old Tiger
12-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Adrian Colbert commits to Texas.

Kevin Vacarro commits to TExas. I don't like the offering of Kevin....I don't think he is anywhere as close to talented as Kenny was comin out of HS. Quite frankly he didn't impress me when I watched him play

Phil C
12-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Adrian Colbert commits to Texas.

Kevin Vacarro commits to TExas. I don't like the offering of Kevin....I don't think he is anywhere as close to talented as Kenny was comin out of HS. Quite frankly he didn't impress me when I watched him play

Old I have a feeling he (Vaccaro) is going to be redshirted this year and spend a year learning the system and hitting the training room. I think that is why he had offers from SMU and TCU. Only time will tell.

Phil C
12-11-2011, 06:59 PM

I did some research Old and he is scheduled to visit Mississppi on 12-16-11 and his interest there is rated high especially since he may be reunited with his former coach. I rate our chances of getting him if offered as very low at about 5%.

Phil C
12-11-2011, 11:44 PM
As of today (December 12, 2011 at 11:00 P.M.) the update is a follows:

24. DB Kevin Vaccaro of Brownwood
25. ATH Adrian Colbert of Mineral Wells (will probably be a DB)

3. DE Mario Edwards of Denton (committed to Florida State where I think he will go but after the weekend our changes are better but still slighly less than 50%)

I think regarding out of staters the main one we want is Green-Beckman but I still rate our changes as less than 50%. The rest are much lower.

This class is about filled up and as I have posted we may take 2 more plus a QB transfer. Whoever wants to come here probably better decide soon. Even if we don't get any more this is an awesome class. We have got positions filled that I felt we needed. But we may lose one or two committments but still an awesome class.

Old Tiger
12-11-2011, 11:56 PM
As of today (December 12, 2011 at 11:00 P.M.) the update is a follows:

3. DE Mario Edwards of Denton (committed to Florida State where I think he will go but after the weekend our changes are better but still slighly less than 50%)

I think regarding out of staters the main one we want is Green-Beckman but I still rate our changes as less than 50%. The rest are much lower.

This class is about filled up and as I have posted we may take 2 more plus a QB transfer. Whoever wants to come here probably better decide soon. Even if we don't get any more this is an awesome class. We have got positions filled that I felt we needed. But we may lose one or two committments but still an awesome class.Remove Brooks and Magee from your list they are done.

mwrams
12-12-2011, 03:36 AM
West Texas Class 3A be Reppin'!
Kenny Vacarro, Brownwood
Adrian Colbert, Mineral Wells

Matthew328
12-12-2011, 07:00 AM
I don't believe Kevin Vacarro ever had a TCU offer...his offers were UTSA, Nevada, La Tech and Wake Forest....thought it was a big reach for Texas to offer him, but one position they do develop well is DB

Phil C
12-12-2011, 08:04 AM
I don't believe Kevin Vacarro ever had a TCU offer...his offers were UTSA, Nevada, La Tech and Wake Forest....thought it was a big reach for Texas to offer him, but one position they do develop well is DB

Right you are Matthew but as you posted they do develope that position well and their DB coach is one of the best inthe business.

Phil C
12-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Remove Brooks and Magee from your list they are done.

Thank you Old and I have updated in what I think are our realistic possibilities since were are nearly at our limit. Anybody that knows any additions or deletions please let me know.

As of today (December 12, 2011 at 9:00 A.M.) the update is a follows:

We have 1 realistic In State Offers and 1 as Out of State Offers for a total of 2 outstanding offers.

The 1 realistic In State offer is as follows:

1. DE Mario Edwards of Denton (committed to Florida State where I think he will go but after the weekend our changes are better but still slighly less than 50%)

The following is the 1 realistic Out of State offer:

1. WR Dorial Green-Beckham of Missouri (I rate our chances as 30%)

Old Tiger
12-12-2011, 09:51 AM
I did some research Old and he is scheduled to visit Mississppi on 12-16-11 and his interest there is rated high especially since he may be reunited with his former coach. I rate our chances of getting him if offered as very low at about 5%.From what I heard is he is interested in Texas.

Another JUCO QB I have heard rumblings of is Ryan Mossakowski. 4 star recruit at HS committed to Kentucky and had shoulder surgery...and transferred from Kentucky to a JUCO.

He is from Texas and played at Frisco Centennial.

Also hear we can take 28 or 29 because they are expecting that much attrtion plus about 4-5 enrolling in the spring.

Old Tiger
12-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Bobby Burton posted a list of potential attrition

QB - McCoy (if they add an upper class QB)
RB - Hills (early graduate?)
FB - Roberson (doubtful but possible)
WR - DeSean Hales (early graduate)
WR - Darius White
WR - Bryant Jackson
TE - Dominique Jones (playing time diminished as season progressed; academics?)
TE - Trey Graham
OL - Kyle Kriegel (lack of playing time)
OL - Garrett Porter (early graduate?)
DE - Alex Okafor (NFL decision)
DE - Dravannti Johnson (early graduate?)
DT - DeAires Cotton
DT - Taylor Bible
DB - Kenny Vacarro (NFL decision)
DB - Eryon Barnett (multiple injuries)
DB - AJ White (passed on depth chart)

If a lot of these guys leave Texas could get about 6-7 enroll early and sign about 31 or so.

Phil C
12-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Bobby Burton posted a list of potential attrition

QB - McCoy (if they add an upper class QB)
RB - Hills (early graduate?)
FB - Roberson (doubtful but possible)
WR - DeSean Hales (early graduate)
WR - Darius White
WR - Bryant Jackson
TE - Dominique Jones (playing time diminished as season progressed; academics?)
TE - Trey Graham
OL - Kyle Kriegel (lack of playing time)
OL - Garrett Porter (early graduate?)
DE - Alex Okafor (NFL decision)
DE - Dravannti Johnson (early graduate?)
DT - DeAires Cotton
DT - Taylor Bible
DB - Kenny Vacarro (NFL decision)
DB - Eryon Barnett (multiple injuries)
DB - AJ White (passed on depth chart)

If a lot of these guys leave Texas could get about 6-7 enroll early and sign about 31 or so.

Why would Bible and Cotton leave? I thought they were doing good.

Old Tiger
12-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Why would Bible and Cotton leave? I thought they were doing good.No PT and I heard Bible is fat and lazy.

Phil C
12-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Thank you Old and I have updated in what I think are our realistic possibilities since were are nearly at our limit. Anybody that knows any additions or deletions please let me know.

As of today (December 12, 2011 at 9:00 A.M.) the update is a follows:

We have 1 realistic In State Offers and 1 as Out of State Offers for a total of 2 outstanding offers.

The 1 realistic In State offer is as follows:

1. DE Mario Edwards of Denton (committed to Florida State where I think he will go but after the weekend our changes are better but still slighly less than 50%)

The following is the 1 realistic Out of State offer:

1. WR Dorial Green-Beckham of Missouri (I rate our chances as 30%)

Another one we would probably take quick is Landon Collins, Safety form Louisiana. He would be a good one. Or at least that is what I have heard on other free boards. We haven't offered Collins yet but if he shows interest I think we will. But he seems mainly interested in LSU and maybe Alabama so I rate our chances at 5%.

I have also heard that we could take up to to more now and it would be great if we could get Edwards, Green-Beckham, Edwards and maybe another good OL or QB transfer.

Old Tiger
01-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Tweet from Jason Suchomel

Huge #UT recruiting news tonight. Texas trying to bring in top JUCO QB for an official visit this week. ($)

Apparently Bo Wallace has said Texas is at the top of his list of schools. Could happen as early as Saturday. Wallace was JUCO National Player of the year and led his team to the JUCO National Title.

If he gets an offer and signs then I think that means Case transfers, Ash goes to back up, and Brewer redshirts.

Z-RO
01-04-2012, 06:01 AM
My subscription has been out for about a week now and I was dying to know what was going on!!! If you could give me some more updates it would be appreciated!!!

Old Tiger
01-04-2012, 09:25 AM
My subscription has been out for about a week now and I was dying to know what was going on!!! If you could give me some more updates it would be appreciated!!!Basically he's going to Indiana Thursday or something then flying to Dallas to to visit Baylor. Harsin called him told him we're interested and want him to make an official. That official is probably going to be after he leaves Baylor saturday.

Wallace said now that Texas has shown interest they are his top school. Loves the Texas program and loved watching Simms, Colt, and Vince.

Old Tiger
01-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Harsin offered Bo Wallace per 247. He'll visit on Saturday.

Z-RO
01-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Dear 8lb 6oz baby Jesus....... :2thumbsup

BEAST
01-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Mack was in Brownood today.

BEAST

Phil C
01-04-2012, 05:14 PM
This is getting interesting. No matter what happens I think Texas is going to get a great class this year.

mwrams
01-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Mack was making the rounds. He was also in Mineral Wells today.

SHSBulldog00
01-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Mack was making the rounds. He was also in Mineral Wells today.

Mack stopped at the Whataburger in Early to get the inside scoop from the locals:1popcorn:

SHSBulldog00
01-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Landon Collins this summer said, "I want to go somewhere that feels like home.." Top 3 choices were LSU, Alabama, & TX.

Have they changed? He will announce Thursday during the Under Armor All-American game.

alpha42
01-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Landon Collins this summer said, "I want to go somewhere that feels like home.." Top 3 choices were LSU, Alabama, & TX.

Have they changed? He will announce Thursday during the Under Armor All-American game.
My money's on LSU or Alabama!

Phil C
01-04-2012, 10:47 PM
My money's on LSU or Alabama!

I would put most of it on LSU.

hollywood
01-05-2012, 12:16 PM
I would put most of it on LSU.

Yep, LSU is going to go cajun on their arse this time. Sorry Bama fans.

When you have one team traveling in lear jets and the other traveling in buses... I'll go with the ones taking the bus.

alpha42
01-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Gray, Jinkens, Johnson and Echols look pretty good so far in the UA game.

Dogman_1969
01-05-2012, 09:54 PM
J Grey just injured......

alpha42
01-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Collins picked Alabama!!!!1

Phil C
01-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Collins picked Alabama!!!!1

That is a surprise but I don't think this is by no means over. His mother and family were totally unhappy. This is one for sure that won't be official until National Signing Day. I wouldn't be surprised is this is reversed then.

alpha42
01-06-2012, 12:16 AM
That is a surprise but I don't think this is by no means over. His mother and family were totally unhappy. This is one for sure that won't be official until National Signing Day. I wouldn't be surprised is this is reversed then.
Idk from some reports on ESPN/UA chat kid said he knew he was going to Bama for awhile. Judging from the mom's reaction it could be why it took him so long to commit.

Old Tiger
01-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Thomas Johnson decommits.

Hear Texas will go after baylor wr commit corey colemen now

Z-RO
01-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Thomas Johnson decommits.

Hear Texas will go after baylor wr commit corey colemen now

Kind of fishy with Darius White (a skyline kid) choosing to transfer to Mizzou today. I mean the kid can do whatever he wants obviously, but 2 days ago he was living it up with the other recruits throwing up the Hook'em. Oh well