PDA

View Full Version : WYLIE REALLY OUT?

rsjmann
11-17-2001, 12:08 AM
DID VERNON REALLY BEAT WYLIE. CAN SOMEBODY REALLY CONFIRM IT?

jlwttu
11-17-2001, 12:12 AM
Yes. I listened to the entire game. 38-14 final.

rsjmann
11-17-2001, 12:18 AM
UPSET CITY!!!! I GUESS NOW WE DON'T HAVE TO HEAR HOW GREAT WYLIE IS BY THEIR PLAYERS POSTING ON THE SITE. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO LISTEN TO THEIR EXCUSES THOUGH , SO EVERYBODY RUN OUT AND GET A BOX OF KLEENEX AND GATHER AROUND THE FIRE TO HEAR THEIR SOB STORIES. CONGRATULATIONS VERNON.

mudcat700
11-17-2001, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by rsjmann:
DID VERNON REALLY BEAT WYLIE. CAN SOMEBODY REALLY CONFIRM IT?

Yes I can I was at the game and I feel like Abilene was overrated because they did not play like a #3 rated team. Graham was a much better team I think, but Vernon should have won that game also.

mustang2003football
11-17-2001, 11:19 AM
If sweetwater plays like they did friday vs. graham Division II had better watch out.

BULLDOG02
11-17-2001, 12:16 PM
Im not going to give any sob stories or any kind of excuse about the game at all, because bottom line, there truthfully is not one. Vernon played one heck of a game and they deserved to win. I hope they go far. I dont think we came together and played like I know we can. But hey, this was going to have to happen to one of the teams. I truly do hope that the Vernon team goes far, Im going to try and make it to the Aledo game next week to watch them. But on a more personal note, we understand that we were beat and Vernon played one heck of a game. But it kills us, to have to listen to people say how overated we were and other things as of that manner. Especially us that dont get on here to talk crap, but rather to see what is being said about the game. I know there are Wylie players and fans on here that do brag or talk trash, but dont let them change your outlook on the whole Wylie community or team. And for the boys of Vernon, I wish you good luck and hope you go all they way.

bigdawg
11-17-2001, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by rsjmann:
UPSET CITY!!!! I GUESS NOW WE DON'T HAVE TO HEAR HOW GREAT WYLIE IS BY THEIR PLAYERS POSTING ON THE SITE. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO LISTEN TO THEIR EXCUSES THOUGH , SO EVERYBODY RUN OUT AND GET A BOX OF KLEENEX AND GATHER AROUND THE FIRE TO HEAR THEIR SOB STORIES. CONGRATULATIONS VERNON.

I play for Wylie, or did, and I don't appreciate all yalls comments. Maybe we did get beat, but don't rub it in our faces.We're already depressed enough. So shut your damn mouths.

PurpleMonkey11
11-17-2001, 06:22 PM
Hey atleast we were there. And that's more than alot of people can say.

rsjmann
11-17-2001, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by BIGDAWG:

I play for Wylie, or did, and I don't appreciate all yalls comments. Maybe we did get beat, but don't rub it in our faces.We're already depressed enough. So shut your damn mouths.

Oh No , all year long this discussion board had to hear about how great Wylie was , especially from you. You lay in the bed that you make. I do not think all Wylie fans or students like to talk trash. Matter in fact they showed very good sportsmanship last year when they spanked Lamesa in San Angelo.

evebulldog01
12-12-2001, 12:50 AM
To any Wylie fans leftin this chat room. I ask you to not look down on any fans that have bashed you so far this year. Many of them took a disliking to you because of how cocky you were in this forum yet many of those their teams never played you. I on the other hand did have the privlige of watching you play last year. I had the privlidge of meeting one of you who was kind enough to stop and try to say something kind to a destraught young man who had seen his dreams dashed by one play. I must admit when I first read some of the comments made I was happy with them for you see several of your fans through object at me last year after the everman game. Other fans made comments such as we showed those black boys only change this to what they realy said begins with an N that they can't beat a white team. To be honest I do have a deep resentment towards your fans but I feel that what has happened has happened and that for the few individuals in Abilene that have no class they deserve what they get but for the rest of you thank you for being like that fan that tried to comfort that distraught young man.

3aFootball4Life
12-12-2001, 01:06 AM
Why talk about these guys they SUCK....

We have had to hear about them all year long and they are no big deal.

So talk about them next year when they have a shot at doing something

BYE

evebulldog01
12-12-2001, 01:21 AM
Why becuase for those of us that had our sesaon come to an end last season due to this team the pain of the way that there fans treated us is still here. Don't believe me check out december December 11, 2001 Fort Worth star telegram. Not only does it discuss the relief of our players to have had advanced but the true pain we as a school have have felt over the past year. I know we were not alone in this I'm sire other schools can say the same thing about us however hopefully it was because they lost the game not because some of our fans acted like a$$ holes.

Endword
12-12-2001, 01:44 PM
Evebulldog01: Being a Wylie fan I wanted to respond. Wylie, just like any other school, has a few that talk too much smack and probably throw the race card into the mix. Very unfortunate on both counts. Personally, I thought our game last year with Everman was one of the best I have seen and not just because we won. Ya'll were one of the few teams that I felt matched Wylie in the aspects of being prepared and coaching ability. You played hard and clean! Believe it or not I told a number of Wylie people last year that I thought this year you would be the team to beat. Sorry we did not get to give it another shot!! Good luck.

evebulldog01
12-12-2001, 01:45 PM
Thank you!

maestro
12-12-2001, 01:56 PM
Why are you guys still talking about a team that got put out in the first round? And where has that guy been that needed confirmation on their loss?

rsjmann
12-14-2001, 11:55 AM
I have been watching the board. Not much to talk about when there are only two teams left. Can't wait until next year.