09-07-2010, 01:07 PM
So who's the alpha dog right now?

Carthage, Gilmer, or Pittsburg?

LE Dad
09-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Henderson....maybe?

waterboy
09-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Who knows? It's up in the air right now. If I had to pick based on what the teams have done thus far I'd have to give the edge to Henderson, but Carthage, Gilmer, and Pittsburg ain't far behind. Gladewater and Spring Hill could also have a say, and could play spoiler roles.

Bullaholic
09-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Who knows? It's up in the air right now. If I had to pick based on what the teams have done thus far I'd have to give the edge to Henderson, but Carthage, Gilmer, and Pittsburg ain't far behind. Gladewater and Spring Hill could also have a say, and could play spoiler roles.

My apologies to Henderson---I thought you guys were being funny--but now I see that Henderson was ranked #12 by DCF.
That makes me think that 16-3A is going to have the biggest dogfight for the District crown and playoff slots of any district right now.

Gsquared
09-07-2010, 01:35 PM
I wouldnt count the Buckeyes out just yet.

LE Dad
09-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
My apologies to Henderson---I thought you guys were being funny--but now I see that Henderson was ranked #12 by DCF.
That makes me think that 16-3A is going to have the biggest dogfight for the District crown and playoff slots of any district right now. Lol... No attempted humor Bull... The Lions could be for real, but that district is going to be decided by who suffers the fewest, crucial injuries. Also Carthage has a disadvantage of facing Pitt,Gilmer and Henderson right off the bat.

waterboy
09-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I wouldnt count the Buckeyes out just yet.
No way would I count the Buckeyes out. They are small and inexperienced but I think they will be ready by the time district rolls around.:thumbsup:

LE Dad
09-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I wouldnt count the Buckeyes out just yet. Thats a given... Gilmer vs Pitt in week 10 could be for DC or for the last playoff spot.

lostaussie
09-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Thats a given... Gilmer vs Pitt in week 10 could be for DC or for the last playoff spot. I think your right. We could be basically back to a few years ago where we just had to outscore everyone. Not counting out my Buckeyes though because I do believe the coaching staff will move a few folks around and make us better on the defensive side of the ball. It MIGHT be a tough strech of games for us in the next few weeks though.

waterboy
09-07-2010, 02:16 PM
We're definitely missing the Miller boys defensively. We may have to outscore our opponents over the next few weeks, which is definitely possible if we don't turn the ball over, and don't drop so many passes.:doh: Like you say, though, Coach Traylor will be moving players around a little to try and shore things up defensively. I think our offense is fully capable of putting up huge numbers, but our defense has a ways to go. I've heard that one of the Miller brothers is out for the season, while the other will be back by the time district rolls around.

LHdog
09-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Without a "Stump Godfrey" Gilmer will be average.

icu812
09-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by LHdog

Yeah right. From what I understand Turner is gonna be better than Stump.

ctown
09-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Could develop into a really ugly tie breaker scenario if someone doesn't rise up. One of those situations where this team beat that team who beat this team who beat the first team who also lost to that team. You know, complicated stuff. No doubt there will be a sad story in the mix. Hands down toughest district to battle for a playoff spot.

waterboy
09-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by LHdog
We'll definitely miss Stump, but Turner is fully capable of putting up numbers just as big. The biggest problem right now is on the defensive side of the ball. We lack varsity experience on both sides of the ball, but the offense will be fine. The defense is a work in progress and injuries haven't helped. We will be much better than average by the time district rolls around, but we may just have to outscore some teams to get wins in the meantime.

Gsquared
09-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
We'll definitely miss Stump, but Turner is fully capable of putting up numbers just as big. The biggest problem right now is on the defensive side of the ball. We lack varsity experience on both sides of the ball, but the offense will be fine. The defense is a work in progress and injuries haven't helped. We will be much better than average by the time district rolls around, but we may just have to outscore some teams to get wins in the meantime.
Thats what I thought after seeing you guys against Atlanta. The D-Line was smallish and the linebackers looked a tad sluggish.