PDA

View Full Version : Corey Fullbright......

Rabbit'93
12-19-2002, 03:47 PM
I know that several have posted most of this info but I haven't seen where to send cards and words of encouragement. I found this on another board and wanted to share it with you. If you're a student/athlete I encourage you to get your friends/teammates to drop Corey a line.

Ways to help Everman football player Corey Fulbright, who is hospitalized in San Antonio with a neck injury:

Donations: Bank One, 1000 Everman Parkway, Fort Worth 76140, or call Debbie Oliver at (817) 568-5750. Make checks
payable to Everman Booster Club or Corey Fulbright Fund.

Cards, letters: Brooke Army Medical Center, Attn: Corey Fulbright (Patient). Ward 2-South, 3851 Roger Brooke Drive, Fort
Sam Houston 78234-6200. Do not send flowers or latex balloons. Schools are urged to send one card per classroom.

Fund-raiser: A barbecue is scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday at Everman Joe C. Bean High School, 1 Bulldog Drive, Everman.

Show of support: Attend a parade in Everman to commemorate the school's state-championship football team, 4:30 p.m.
Thursday.

More information: Call the Everman school district at (817) 568-3550

Continued prayers that the Lord will work a miracle for this young man.

bulldog65
12-19-2002, 07:25 PM
Thanks Rabbit93, we really appreciate it! Several posters have been a huge help getting the word out and it helps so much! thank you all!!!

<small>[ December 19, 2002, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: bulldog65 ]</small>

Herc
12-19-2002, 09:18 PM
The officiating crew in the Everman-Burnet game came from the Beaumont chapter. The crew is donating their game fee to the fund.

Just thought some of the folks that are always "down" on officials might like to know that.

JMEN84
12-20-2002, 10:04 AM
Officiating Crew, your gesture is awesome. As a basketball offical with the Ft. Worth Chapter, I know what a honor it is to even officiate a Championship Game and the opportunity to go away with pretty decent game fee. You guy's are going to be rewarded in ways you could only imagine. Your contributions to Corey and the game of football are very much appreciated.

Thanks A Ton,
Everman Alum 84

Rabbit'93
12-20-2002, 11:35 AM
Article in the DMN EVERMAN (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/highschools/topstory/stories/122002dnspohsfbeverman.24c03.html)

My heart goes out to these young men who experienced a high no greater to a high school athlete than a State Championship, and they have this weighing on their hearts. It's so difficult just to be a teenager these days and these young men seem to be handling themselves greatly. Continued prayers and support to Corey, Family and Community.

Fletch
12-20-2002, 12:23 PM
Saw this on another board:

Celina had our football banquet last night and the Quarterback Club placed a bucket at the start of the buffet line for donations to Corey's fund. Don't know the exact amount, but it looked substantial. Also, his family was contacted by Kent Waldrep, Celina resident and former TCU player paralyzed in game with Alabama, who has a spinal cord injury foundation. Our prayers are with him also.

JMEN84
12-20-2002, 02:05 PM
Man, I still continue to be touched by the generosity given by so many communities throughout this great state. Thanks Celina.... :p

Everman Alum 84

Rabbit'93
12-21-2002, 11:47 AM
Here's another article in the DMN. Another example of how prayer's can be answered. Car for Corey (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dallas/sports/highschoolfootball/stories/122102dnspohsfbeverman.187d0.html)

eagles_11
12-21-2002, 03:45 PM
i continue to pray for the kid and his family and i just hope that everything turns out ok for him and congrats on the chamionship