PDA

View Full Version : Marlin comes back from 14 to beat midway in ot

marlinbulldog
09-14-2002, 03:54 PM
ok this is how it happen its been almost 12 yrs since marlin beat midway but marlin coach malone said before the team went out that (their tradition would end tonight)and it started marlin came out and scored first. midway didt strike until late in the 2nd quarter.leaving the score at the half midway 7 marlin 6. the panthers came out the locker room hot and scored twice in the 3rd .then came the forth the rally started with 8 min left when marlin qb thad freeman hooked up with anthony simms for a 55 yard touchdown. the dogs defense as fired up and sacked midway qb on 3 consecutive plays leaving the panthers to punt now with 1 last chance on 4th down freeman connected with simms again to give the a first down on the goal line. marlin went on two score on a blast.now with sec left on the clock marlin qb goes airborne over midway all american marcus foreman to get the two point conv to send it in overtime.score 20to 20. marlin got the ball first and was stopped on 3 consecutive plays leaving the game up to its kicker danielronquillo who kick the game winnerfrom 35 yds. the panthers now had to score and on thier first play in ot the bulldogs picked the ball of and that was it

Old Cardinal
09-14-2002, 04:36 PM
You issue a real challenge to your English instructor.

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited September 14, 2002).]

sinton66
09-14-2002, 04:42 PM
Difficult as it was to read, did sound like an exciting finish though. Congratulations on your squeaker!

Old Green
09-14-2002, 05:15 PM
I love those close games. Thanks for the info.

KillerBee
09-14-2002, 06:22 PM
Yep, I think Marlin's pre-district schedule is smart in preparation for league action. A really good team in 18-3A will be home for district - might be Cameron if they don't wake up, but they play good teams, too. Caldwell is really looking good, too. I don't see a tie for second or third place being that unrealistic. Lorena is getting a tad stronger, too. Does Marlin have any worries over grades? Good luck...

mwynn05
09-14-2002, 06:33 PM
i no daniel he used to live here but he moved after his mother was killed