PDA

View Full Version : Cuero Gobblers 0-2 Start

CueroDad08
09-06-2010, 07:50 PM
People, This is not some cup cake schedule the Gobblers are playing,(Like 95% in Reg. 4) Yes they have started 0-2 and yes it sucks in alot of peoples eyes. But this Cuero team is loaded on both sides of the ball. They are getting to see alot of good football early. In the last few years Cuero has always cruised until they met someone just as good in the playoffs. This will be a special season when it's all over with. The Team knows it as well as the coaching staff. Only thing that is tuff is trying to get the Locals to see an 0-2 start in the long run was all well worth it. The Gobblers WILL be 2-2 when distric gets here and they will then start to get on a roll as they look toward the playoffs. Be patient Gobbler Fans..........You will see.This team could very easy be 2-0 if not for the TO's in both games.(5 in each game) Playing that other 95% in Reg 4 would have been just fine those first two games

wimbo_pro
09-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
People, This is not some cup cake schedule the Gobblers are playing,(Like 95% in Reg. 4) Yes they have started 0-2 and yes it sucks in alot of peoples eyes. But this Cuero team is loaded on both sides of the ball. They are getting to see alot of good football early. In the last few years Cuero has always cruised until they met someone just as good in the playoffs. This will be a special season when it's all over with. The Team knows it as well as the coaching staff. Only thing that is tuff is trying to get the Locals to see an 0-2 start in the long run was all well worth it. The Gobblers WILL be 2-2 when distric gets here and they will then start to get on a roll as they look toward the playoffs. Be patient Gobbler Fans..........You will see.This team could very easy be 2-0 if not for the TO's in both games.(5 in each game) Playing that other 95% in Reg 4 would have been just fine those first two games

True, CueroDad. If I may add my two cents...

Everyone (in Cuero) calm down. You are going to make the play offs, no doubt. So take what has happened, learn, adjust and improve. You have as much talent as I have seen in 6 years...maybe more.

I actually think you are better positioned NOW than in recent memory. I know this sounds crazy to those who haven't actually seen your talent. I saw it. It just wasnt consistent, especially with the turnovers (and very untimely turnovers too).

I do not look forward to playing Cuero again the 2nd week of the play offs. I know, I know...I shouldnt be so cocky as to say both of us will make the play offs. But we both know we will. And...we WILL beat you again! LOL

44INAROW
09-06-2010, 09:29 PM
I have been proud of the team for not giving up..Turnovers have been killer (both games) But the boys never gave up. Wimberley and LH are both very good teams. I'll be there Friday night cheering along again.. GO MEAN GREEN :)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Is Cuero young? Bellville is very young only a handfull of srs.

XtremeCouture
09-06-2010, 10:21 PM
not so fast my friend. port lavaca will be a tough game and seeing how well cuero plays the run it's gonna be a very tough road game.

wimbo_pro
09-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Maybe so Xtreme...but do you think that Cuero can't be in the top 3 in the district? I dont see that happening.

rojosgirl
09-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Cuero fans are spoiled and this is nothing new. Sure, everyone likes to win, but you can't win ALL the time. Being 0-4 going in to district play may be a possibility and I wouldn't like it either. Everyone just needs to calm down and support the coaches and the team and things will work out. After all, the "second season" is what really counts. Hang in there Gobblers Fans.
GO-MEAN-GREEN!

:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

YTBulldogs
09-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Cuero will be fine. No problem at all. Young O-line starting (3 soph I believe). New QB learning each week.

If Cuero wanted to win the first two games, and not develope the young newbies, they would of gave the ball to Trent 30 times a game, and he could of single handed won those game IMO. Not sure I have ever seen a RB cut like he does. Reminds me of Barry Sanders in a Eric Dickerson body. Nasty.

Coach Owens is a good coach and knows he must develope the younger kids, so they are a "team" when the games matter. Not just a one man show.

Think Cuero is in trouble? Think again!!! Even with all those TO's in the first two games, they still had a chance to win both those games. I say, they are very talented and when all is said and done, they will be a very successful "team".

In regards to the Port Lavaca matchup. Cuero by 21 easy. The "Crab-Nation" is not near as talented as last year's club. I'd love to have seen last year's PL team versus the Gobblers.

YTBulldogs
09-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Is Tib back to starting at FB yet? Is he full strength?

CueroDad08
09-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Is Tib back to starting at FB yet? Is he full strength?

He is back and 100% ready

YTBulldogs
09-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
He is back and 100% ready

Thanks Dad. Great kid he is, and a productive counter to TJ when teams focus to stop TJ. Notice they didn't run a lot versus Wimberley with a FB in the formation. I assume they will do more of that now that Tibby is healthy. Or, did they do away with that formation with Coach Owens at the helm?