PDA

View Full Version : whats going on with bandera?

bbfan2010
09-06-2010, 07:42 PM
35-14 Hondo

49-7 at halftime against Devine

WOW

wimbo_pro
09-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Surprising stuff. But...as a district rival...this is just more evidence that we will make the play offs.

bulldog82
09-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Surprising stuff. But...as a district rival...this is just more evidence that we will make the play offs. Injuries, injuries, injuries and oh yea, NO DEPTH. started a soph. qb that was injured most of his fresh year. saving what we have left for district and that still will not be enough. get yalls revenge wimbo. as well as anyone else who wants thier shot. Devine was out of line leaving their starters in like they did. but thats ok yall were the better team and we've robbed yall previous years. injured players will be back next year and young players will get thier experience now.

wimbo_pro
09-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Revenge? I didnt think we had a need for revenge. A loss here and there is to be expected...but Bandera hasnt gotten in our way of the play offs, at least not to my memory.

bulldog82
09-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Revenge? I didnt think we had a need for revenge. A loss here and there is to be expected...but Bandera hasnt gotten in our way of the play offs, at least not to my memory. just a pride thing. nobody likes to lose to teams that they are better than, which of course yall have been a better team the past few years but took a loss for various reasons. i know last year your coaches felt they coached the worst game of thier careers, they told me that.

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by bulldog82
just a pride thing. nobody likes to lose to teams that they are better than, which of course yall have been a better team the past few years but took a loss for various reasons. i know last year your coaches felt they coached the worst game of thier careers, they told me that.

Did we lose to you guys last year? Wow...I had forgotten. I obviously didnt make that game.

bulldog82
09-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Did we lose to you guys last year? Wow...I had forgotten. I obviously didnt make that game. yea, brooks was out with shoulder, smith played but not 100% with hamstring. was the game hubble got hurt diving into endzone which gave him problems the rest of the season.

warhorsejoe
09-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by bulldog82
Injuries, injuries, injuries and oh yea, NO DEPTH. started a soph. qb that was injured most of his fresh year. saving what we have left for district and that still will not be enough. get yalls revenge wimbo. as well as anyone else who wants thier shot. Devine was out of line leaving their starters in like they did. but thats ok yall were the better team and we've robbed yall previous years. injured players will be back next year and young players will get thier experience now.

what? "Devine out of line leaving their starters in like they did".
Starters only played the first 2qrts. How is that out of line?:confused:

Third
09-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by warhorsejoe

Yeah, really. It was 49-7 at the half and Devine finished with 55 points. How is that them being out of line?

GreenMonster
09-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by warhorsejoe

Exactly, this early in the year the starters need to be playing a full 3 quarters. If they had 49 at half and ended with 55 then I would think that they did a nice job of pulling off. There is no "unwritten" rule of today, but it used to be that the starters played the first half and the first drive of the second half in blow outs. These days though, there is very little sportsmanship amongst offensive coordinators who try to score as many as they possibly can. "It's the defense's job to stop us!" they say with enthusiasm. I say poor sportsmanship and it's sending a bad message to our student athletes. Ask LHPMom about my views on running it up, we've had those discussions on several occasions early in Liberty Hill's run when their OC liked to keep his starters in well into the 4th quarter to run it up and pad those kids' stats.

warhorsejoe
09-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Exactly, this early in the year the starters need to be playing a full 3 quarters. If they had 49 at half and ended with 55 then I would think that they did a nice job of pulling off. There is no "unwritten" rule of today, but it used to be that the starters played the first half and the first drive of the second half in blow outs. These days though, there is very little sportsmanship amongst offensive coordinators who try to score as many as they possibly can. "It's the defense's job to stop us!" they say with enthusiasm. I say poor sportsmanship and it's sending a bad message to our student athletes. Ask LHPMom about my views on running it up, we've had those discussions on several occasions early in Liberty Hill's run when their OC liked to keep his starters in well into the 4th quarter to run it up and pad those kids' stats.

As far as I can remember, Devine has always pulled their starters early if it was a blow out. That's what hurts Devine. Some of their starters dont play the whole game and then when we play a close game, Devine seems to run out of gas in the 4th.

On the other hand, the B team gets good experience playing.

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Ask LHPMom about my views on running it up, we've had those discussions on several occasions early in Liberty Hill's run when their OC liked to keep his starters in well into the 4th quarter to run it up and pad those kids' stats.

Yes, LH did indeed do that. But they backed off of it a bit in their first Championship year, and backed off of it a lot in their 2nd. They deserve credit for that.

GreenMonster
09-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Yes, LH did indeed do that. But they backed off of it a bit in their first Championship year, and backed off of it a lot in their 2nd. They deserve credit for that.

Yes, they changed OC's. Amazing what a little kharma will do for a football team. Once they started being nice they quit getting RB's injured and they were able to finish. I have a lot of respect for that program, but before the titles came I didn't think so highly of them because of the way they handled their business. I also used to hear how bad Wimberly was from them and how much they hated Coach Nelms because he was dirty etc., but I played for the man and I know better. He is one of the classiest guys in HS football and you Wimberly folk should be proud to have him around. I talked to him at coaching school and miss him dearly, hope everything is going well for Weldon and the Texans, and I certainly hope his wonderful wife Casey has healed up from her auto accident this summer. His DC Dick Smith has been with him for over 20 years and I suppose it will stay that way for another 20 if that's what those 2 want. Great men, great coaches, and great leaders both of them.

wimbo_pro
09-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Yes, they changed OC's. Amazing what a little kharma will do for a football team. Once they started being nice they quit getting RB's injured and they were able to finish. I have a lot of respect for that program, but before the titles came I didn't think so highly of them because of the way they handled their business. I also used to hear how bad Wimberly was from them and how much they hated Coach Nelms because he was dirty etc., but I played for the man and I know better. He is one of the classiest guys in HS football and you Wimberly folk should be proud to have him around. I talked to him at coaching school and miss him dearly, hope everything is going well for Weldon and the Texans, and I certainly hope his wonderful wife Casey has healed up from her auto accident this summer. His DC Dick Smith has been with him for over 20 years and I suppose it will stay that way for another 20 if that's what those 2 want. Great men, great coaches, and great leaders both of them.

there is and never was anything "dirty" from Nelms.

LH Panther Mom
09-08-2010, 06:02 PM
there is and never was anything "dirty" from Nelms.
I've never heard that Nelms was dirty! :confused: The refs, maybe... :p ;)

LH_Tuff
09-08-2010, 06:10 PM

The OC change wasn't until after the 2nd championship. :doh:

dirtysouth
09-09-2010, 02:22 PM
The same thing happened to Bandera a few years back. They started the season off 0-3 and everyone was wondering....what was wrong? What was going on? After they got over some injuries and had some dead weight quit on them they then went on a 7 game win streak to get into the playoffs.

Bandera has been battling things all year and have had 5 starters out at one point for one reason or another. If they will keep their heads screwed on straight and keep working hard they will start to throw up a few Ws!