PDA

View Full Version : Canyon Lake vs. Sealy

957tiger
09-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Canyon Lake makes the long drive down to Tiger Stadium. Canyon Lake is 1-1 while Sealy is 2-0. The Tigers have had little problem thus far this season scoring points. On defense they held their opponents scoreless for six quarters and then only gave up six points. What will happen on Friday?

wimbo_pro
09-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Canyon Lake is my 2nd favorite team, behind Wimberley Texans! However, I am not totally blind. I dont see CL being able to hang with Sealy (a top 10 ranked team) for 4 quarters. I am hoping for a good performance by CL, but i think Sealy wins this going away.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
The Tigers have had little problem thus far this season scoring points.

Allmost 90? vs 2 quality opponents, sealy will be 3-0 after friday night.

zebrablue2
09-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

:iagree:

Ernest T Bass
09-07-2010, 09:55 AM

2 quality opponents? Kashmere=quality?

clhsdad
09-07-2010, 10:48 AM
CL will give it their best shot not going to be easy hopefully we keep it competitive and make it a good game.

FbCoachB40
09-07-2010, 10:50 AM

Almost 100! They have scored 49 & 50 = 99

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 11:30 AM
thats true CLDad...your boys might get beat, but they sure as hell wont give up. It's a tall order for them this week, but I hope they are going into it with a plan to win it!

XMan
09-07-2010, 01:41 PM
This is the weakest schedule that Sealy has ever assembled.

millcreek
09-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by XMan

yes it is....

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 01:56 PM

No worries...it will pick up in the competitive category on 9/24!!!

FbCoachB40
09-07-2010, 02:41 PM

I can't believe that YOU are calling Columbus weak

millcreek
09-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
I can't believe that YOU are calling Columbus weak :stirpot: :stirpot: :1popcorn:

957tiger
09-07-2010, 04:12 PM

Not sure if you could say all the teams are weak. St.Pius managed to make it into a state semi-final game last year. Wimberly is winning against strong teams, as is La Grange. Could it be that the Tigers are doing what they were suppose to be doing. If they didn't win out against teams their top ten pre-season ranking would have to be questioned.
Also to all you CL Hawks Fans you can catch the game on the internet at www.sealysports.com

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
Not sure if you could say all the teams are weak. St.Pius managed to make it into a state semi-final game last year. Wimberly is winning against strong teams, as is La Grange. Could it be that the Tigers are doing what they were suppose to be doing. If they didn't win out against teams their top ten pre-season ranking would have to be questioned.
nm

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-07-2010, 04:57 PM
everyone says this everyyear... go back to last years threads, i will pull some up, i can't remember how many times people stated "cupcake schedule" when talking about our Pre District.. and then what happened? we went 5-0 in district.. so talk about it if you wish.. doesn't bother anyone here... tell YOUR coach to accept the game invite in 2 years when sealy makes a new schedule.. cuz not many will

957tiger
09-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
everyone says this everyyear... go back to last years threads, i will pull some up, i can't remember how many times people stated "cupcake schedule" when talking about our Pre District.. and then what happened? we went 5-0 in district.. so talk about it if you wish.. doesn't bother anyone here... tell YOUR coach to accept the game invite in 2 years when sealy makes a new schedule.. cuz not many will

Good post. And it is the truth. It is the coaches of the teams looking at caller ID and not answering. The fans have no input.

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Are you guys saying teams are afraid to play Sealy?

957tiger
09-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Ask your coach how he decides his pre-district schedules. I know Coach Mitchell has a long list of teams he would like to play, getting them to agree is another story. Just like during the TJ Mills era, the team would have to travel 2-3 hours just to find a game. Do you really think Sealy or any team for that matter wants their team on the road until 2:00 in the morning on a school night.

Trust me its not about a fear of the Tigers. There are a lot of issues that are considered by schools when they make the schedules. Plus it always makes for a spirited post about strength of schedules. I would think teams would want to knock off a successful team. By the way when Sealy was the doormat of the district during their down years, everybody wanted to play Sealy.

Pudlugger
09-07-2010, 07:15 PM
La Grange loves to play Sealy. I can't remember a season without Sealy. Same for Bellville. The Houston schools like Sealy too as it gives them a taste of reality LOL. Any school that is "afraid" to play Sealy should just hang it up and get into soccer or hide and seek. Cupcakes!:D

millcreek
09-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
La Grange loves to play Sealy. I can't remember a season without Sealy. Same for Bellville. The Houston schools like Sealy too as it gives them a taste of reality LOL. Any school that is "afraid" to play Sealy should just hang it up and get into soccer or hide and seek. Cupcakes!:D

Well Pudlugger, I must say, that's a rowdy little post you got there.,, lol

I'm excited about the Sealy/LaGrange game. Who's bringing the cupcakes???

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by millcreek

To hear the Sealy fans talk...the La Grange bus will be full of em!

millcreek
09-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
To hear the Sealy fans talk...the La Grange bus will be full of em!

I know you're not talking about me...

My posts, for the most part, have been pretty fair, I think, and sweet too. Gosh I love cupcakes..

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 07:39 PM
I know you're not talking about me...

My posts, for the most part, have been pretty fair, I think, and sweet too. Gosh I love cupcakes..

You'll learn to not take me too seriously...except when I say we will beat your team AND your cupcakes!

Pudlugger
09-07-2010, 07:52 PM

We'll bring it don't worry. As for cupcakes? I don't know about no stinkin' cupcakes. :cool:

zebrablue2
09-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
We'll bring it don't worry. As for cupcakes? I don't know about no stinkin' cupcakes. :cool:

:fnypost:

garciap77
09-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Sealy!

Tiger Turtle
09-08-2010, 07:35 AM
Pud's not kidding. LG has always been ready to play Sealy, even in the 4-peat years when the Leps snapped the Tigers' winning streak one game short of the state 11-man record, then had the Tigers return the favor in the Astrodome in the region finals. Many other schools ran and hid during those years but LG and Sealy always had a great rivalry and I always found the LG fans engaging, home or away.

Pudlugger
09-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
Pud's not kidding. LG has always been ready to play Sealy, even in the 4-peat years when the Leps snapped the Tigers' winning streak one game short of the state 11-man record, then had the Tigers return the favor in the Astrodome in the region finals. Many other schools ran and hid during those years but LG and Sealy always had a great rivalry and I always found the LG fans engaging, home or away.

IIRC that was 1997 and it was the semi-final game. Tye Gunn was a freshman starting qb and Lowrance Dobbins was the lights out running back that year. I listened to the game on the radio as was unable to attend due to work. It was a great game between two very equally matched teams. Sealy went on to win state.

FbCoachB40
09-08-2010, 10:26 AM
LaGrange doesn't run from teams. They are always one of the first to contact Sealy & Giddings (when not in district) to play. However, you have a team on your schedule is did run from Sealy this year. They have to drive through Sealy to get to your place. They told Coach Mitchell...NO WAY!!

Falcongrad&Dad
09-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Columbus is a district game. They did not pick that one. And you never know, they might have had problems finding teams to play in non-district. I know that Royal did.

Blackcat1954
09-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Back in the very early 70s-Sealy played the likes of Eagle Lake and East Bernard in non-district

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Falcongrad&Dad
Columbus is a district game. They did not pick that one. And you never know, they might have had problems finding teams to play in non-district. I know that Royal did.

Congrats on first post, Welcome to the LOW:thumbsup:

Falcongrad&Dad
09-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Appreciate it! Still figuring everything out. LOL. Should be a very exciting season

sTx
09-09-2010, 10:23 AM
sealy by 21!!!:cool:

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by sTx
sealy by 21!!!:cool:

atleast

sTx979
09-09-2010, 02:40 PM
sealy will win this game with ease

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by sTx979
sealy will win this game with ease

So this will be win #3 vs ease?

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-10-2010, 07:44 AM
So this will be win #3 vs ease?

don't b upset FBB cuz y'all will prob start out 1-2 tonight :D.... Don't take it out on our thread.. Sealy has just been playing great football this year... Nothing against the other teams..I don't think we will wil 50 up like we did the first two games but I see us with a good sized win