PDA

View Full Version : Need website help......

trojandad
09-06-2010, 04:11 PM
The coach that began the Coldspring athletic website that SO many of us have enjoyed over the years is now working to clear himself of over 100 indency charges, so our website hasn't been updated in months, nor do we really want it to be by him (unless he clears himself).

For anyone that knows computers, he set up this site in angefire and we can't get the password. Is it possible to gain access to it without the password or are the chances better for us to start another and transfer the info? Thanks for any input (and yes, it's embarrassing to have to ask for these reasons).

bigwood33
09-06-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm sorry but wow! That is terrible and I am no help to you. Sorry for that too.

trojandad
09-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Forgot to add a link just to show it's not a nasty rumor.

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/04/29/cleveland_advocate/news/1910isbell_indictment_ca.txt

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2010, 04:32 PM
:dispntd: :speech: :dispntd: Aaack.

Trojandad, I would contact angelfire to see if they can be any help.

Bruce
09-06-2010, 04:33 PM
You can order a CD and fairly sure it will work. Its at WWW.cdwizard.com check this site out. I order one for a different reason, and it worked for what i needed to do. I save all my stuff from a bad hard drive that went bad. Thanks!

Bruce
09-06-2010, 04:41 PM
You may want to search your computer for PC Wizard Bootable CD Version 5.0. I think I gave you the wrong address its. WWW.cdwizards.com
Thanks

sinton66
09-06-2010, 04:50 PM
I think only the person who paid for the site will be granted access to it. It can't hurt to ask the host though. You may be able to get the Superintendant to request Angelfire to shut that one down. They may or may not comply.

trojandad
09-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I think only the person who paid for the site will be granted access to it. It can't hurt to ask the host though. You may be able to get the Superintendant to request Angelfire to shut that one down. They may or may not comply.

sure wanna get all the stuff off it before we ask them to shut it down, but yes, too many bad memories there to keep that one up.......

thanks for all the input.....angelfire hasn't responded to us about it for weeks......tryin to get the DA to get the password from him to show good faith toward the school, but i think he's gonna keep it to himself to not be further incriminated, if you know what i mean......

sinton66
09-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Angelfire has a legal obligation to the person who paid for the site, so don't expect much help from them unless he's convicted. They may agree to shut it down in that event. Good luck.

trojandad
09-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Angelfire has a legal obligation to the person who paid for the site, so don't expect much help from them unless he's convicted. They may agree to shut it down in that event. Good luck.

someone told me that each angelfire acct is set up to allow messages to be received, which obviously makes sense....can't imagine it was used for only good things, would be nervous about what i'd find.....its just gonna be a buttload of info to swap over.....

Txbroadcaster
09-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
someone told me that each angelfire acct is set up to allow messages to be received, which obviously makes sense....can't imagine it was used for only good things, would be nervous about what i'd find.....its just gonna be a buttload of info to swap over.....

Tell the District Attonery your fears..they can and will get the password to look to see if anything is on the site they can use, then get the ISD to request the password from them.

sinton66
09-06-2010, 05:25 PM
I don't think the DA can divulge the password without a court order. That's possible once the man is convicted.

Txbroadcaster
09-06-2010, 05:27 PM
I don't think the DA can divulge the password without a court order. That's possible once the man is convicted.

All depends..did the ISD consider the site their property

Keith7
09-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
The coach that began the Coldspring athletic website that SO many of us have enjoyed over the years is now working to clear himself of over 100 indency charges, so our website hasn't been updated in months, nor do we really want it to be by him (unless he clears himself).

For anyone that knows computers, he set up this site in angefire and we can't get the password. Is it possible to gain access to it without the password or are the chances better for us to start another and transfer the info? Thanks for any input (and yes, it's embarrassing to have to ask for these reasons).

Write the coach a letter to the jail and ask him for the password.. Problem solved..

Or go on visitation day and ask him through the glass..

Ranger Mom
09-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Right the coach a letter to the jail and ask him for the password.. Problem solved..

"Right" the coach????:doh: :D

I believe the article said he is out on bond.

Keith7
09-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
"Right" the coach???? :doh: :D

:( :doh::doh::doh:

Ranger Mom
09-06-2010, 06:10 PM
:( :doh::doh::doh:

I'm sorry...it just struck me as funny!!

Keith7
09-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm sorry...it just struck me as funny!!

and to think I write for a living :doh:

sinton66
09-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
All depends..did the ISD consider the site their property

If ISD funds paid for it, you might be correct, but if he paid for it himself, legally it doesn't matter what they thought.

Ranger Mom
09-07-2010, 09:22 AM
and to think I write for a living :doh:

I know!! That is why it struck me as being funny!!!:D

trojandad
09-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Write the coach a letter to the jail and ask him for the password.. Problem solved..

we're goofy for hiring him in the first place, but not so goofy that we didn't ask him for the password before seeking further help.....he's obviously not in a place in his life to want to be an open book.....:nerd: