PDA

View Full Version : Navasota Rattlers defence?

martwayne
09-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Is the Navasota Rattlers defence considered a game changer and could Navasota be a black horse and come out of region III this year and go all the way and win state?

Daddy D 11
09-06-2010, 03:06 PM
no and no

martwayne
09-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
no and no
why does everybody gotta hate

Daddy D 11
09-06-2010, 03:11 PM
because you spelled defense with a "c".

Global Swarming
09-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Maybe he's Canadian.

HEMOTOXIC
09-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Lol, the defense is looking good.....

What has surprised me the most is the Rattler offense which is led by first yr starting QB Ian Day.

LE Dad
09-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
Maybe he's Canadian. I thought Canadian was 1A.:D

Global Swarming
09-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad lol
I thought Canadian was 1A.:D

Old Tiger
09-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
because you spelled defense with a "c". :D

UPanIN
09-07-2010, 08:13 AM
The Rattler defense has look good but they have not seen a good offense yet. Kind of like A&M

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by UPanIN
The Rattler defense has look good but they have not seen a good offense yet. Kind of like A&M

SEALY? MONTGOMERY? BTW, THE BEARS BEAT A PRETTY SOLID 5A SPRING LION GROUP FRIDAY.

WE WILL SEE WHAT THE D IS MADE OF WHEN THE YOE COMES TO TOWN.

bigwood33
09-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Defen'S'e and 'DARK' horse? Navasota is always tough and they have a top recruit on that defense so, no and no. I think they are expected to be very good and it would surprise no one for them to make a very deep run.

NastySlot
09-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Black Horse?...................Dark Horse.

FbCoachB40
09-07-2010, 10:48 AM
I thought that Navasota lost their stud on defense due to charges and arrest...Is he back now? Has he been cleared of all charges?

LE Dad
09-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Black Horse?...................Dark Horse. Maybe he was expressing just how dark a horse they are??

icu812
09-07-2010, 03:07 PM
A dark horse you can barely see comming....but you have no idea a black horse is even there.

Even I know Navasota is pretty good so I doubt they are a "black horse". Grey horse maybe? :D

OldBison75
09-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Just as a point to ponder, the "stud" all state LB from last year is on the team and has been cleared of all charges from an off season incident. Also, he is not playing every down on defense because Navasota is play a five or six man rotation at LB and has very little drop off with any of them in combination. The defensive backs have been playing very well as evidenced by yardage allowed by the starters and 6 interceptions. That is with one of the best of them out for the year after the first game. The defensive line is not nearly as big as in the past, but they are fast and get a good upfield push. I think I have it right when I say the starters have allowed less than half of all yards gained by Madisonville and Willis in the first two games and that is darned good when the total YPG allowed is about 236.

This defense is pretty good and will only get better. There are two legitimate all state LB's on the squad and at least one corner.
The offense is not nearly where they wer at the end of last year yet, but they are showing flashes of brilliant play. Once they gel with the new QB , they will be fine. I am very confident that this team will be able to at least match the playoff level of last year's team.

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Just as a point to ponder, the "stud" all state LB from last year is on the team and has been cleared of all charges from an off season incident. Also, he is not playing every down on defense because Navasota is play a five or six man rotation at LB and has very little drop off with any of them in combination. The defensive backs have been playing very well as evidenced by yardage allowed by the starters and 6 interceptions. That is with one of the best of them out for the year after the first game. The defensive line is not nearly as big as in the past, but they are fast and get a good upfield push. I think I have it right when I say the starters have allowed less than half of all yards gained by Madisonville and Willis in the first two games and that is darned good when the total YPG allowed is about 236.

This defense is pretty good and will only get better. There are two legitimate all state LB's on the squad and at least one corner.
The offense is not nearly where they wer at the end of last year yet, but they are showing flashes of brilliant play. Once they gel with the new QB , they will be fine. I am very confident that this team will be able to at least match the playoff level of last year's team.

Very well said.