PDA

View Full Version : Wow, great HS game on ESPN

hollywood
09-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Wow, their is some great talent on these two teams.

hollywood
09-06-2010, 02:14 PM
This game has gone back and forth

Old Tiger
09-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Nick O'Leary who is the #1 tight end in the nation according to Rivals grandfather is Jack Nicklaus!

BaseballUmp
09-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Good thing Golden Bear's grandson is so good. One of the top TE's in the nation

hollywood
09-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Nick O'Leary who is the #1 tight end in the nation according to Rivals grandfather is Jack Nicklaus!

Stud. Guess golf wasn't his thing. Lol

Old Tiger
09-06-2010, 02:18 PM
"Nick O’Leary

We did some follow up calls on Nick O’Leary’s interest in the Horns and we were able to confirm that the young man did indeed contact the staff with an interest in visiting Austin. We were told however that the staff is generally skeptical about calls from out of state blue chips because 99% of the time they’re just fishing for free visits and padding their offer resume. It also happens more often than you think, our source proclaimed.

We’ve been assured that Nick’s interest is not as shallow as that of the usual suspects, but the staff is still doing its due diligence to make sure the interest is valid before making a decision to proceed. We were also told that any decisions would be done with “currently committed players in mind”, so I’m assuming MJ McFarland will be the first to know.

Interestingly enough, O’Leary’s dream school is Georgia, so gauging interest shouldn’t be too difficult as Will Muschamp has close contacts in Athens which means information on O’Leary won’t be hard to come by. But don’t jump the gun and start rooting for Georgia to tank so Texas can land this talented tight. Why? Because as I stated, Will Muschamp has close contacts in Athens.

At the end of the day, this one sounds like it’ll be Miami because it’s close to home for O’Leary, they’ll use the tight end, and the Georgia Bulldogs are at a crossroads."

hollywood
09-06-2010, 02:19 PM
That's funny too because Nicklaus is from Ohio and his grandson is playing on the Florida team.

Old Tiger
09-06-2010, 02:25 PM
WOW TALK ABOUT GETTING SCREWED!

BaseballUmp
09-06-2010, 02:25 PM
HORRIBLE OFFICIATING!!!

hollywood
09-06-2010, 02:26 PM
That QB for Dwyer was clearly across the goaline twice!!!! Homer refs from Ohio!!!

Old Tiger
09-06-2010, 02:26 PM
O'Leary just flipped off the opposing team haha.

Daddy D 11
09-06-2010, 02:28 PM
O'Leary just flipped off the opposing team haha.

lol i saw that

i cant believe they scored twice and the dumbass refs missed them both

ccmom
Originally posted by hollywood
That QB for Dwyer was clearly across the goalie twice!!!! Homer refs from Ohio!!! Absolutely!!!! Ummm...did you catch #34 expressing his displeasure in sign language?:eek:

hollywood
To add, a TD was not called a few plays before that on an amazing catch.

BaseballUmp
Scored twice on that last drive...thats a shame and I bet those guys don't get many more games...especially since it was on ESPN and they clearly made such a bad error on that last drive

Thats a real shame. Had a 31 game winning streak snapped because of the officials. Im never one to say ah they refs screwed them, but this was clearly a mistake. I can maybe see the pass being called incomplete, but when you have officials at both sides of the goalline and no one blows a whistle...just bad all around. I feel bad for that Dwyer team

hollywood
09-06-2010, 02:30 PM
You sure those were not Abilene Wylie refs? Lol

Old Tiger
09-06-2010, 02:30 PM
I guess home cooked refs is what to expect when your an OOS opponent going into Ohio to play an in state team.

Daddy D 11
09-06-2010, 02:31 PM
i cant believe they never blew that play dead when forward progress was clearly over...then to screw up even worse right after is unreal

the stupidity of some people in this world amazes me lol

Yoe_09
09-06-2010, 02:31 PM
guess it was the same refs we had the other night in the La Vega game...no clue.

BaseballUmp
09-09-2010, 12:34 PM
This just in, Nick O'Leary (grandson of Jack Nicklaus) was suspended from 2 games for his obscene gestures as he flipped off the crowd and officials after the game. The coach says they will forfeit the next 2 games...

Smart?

DDBooger
09-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
This just in, Nick O'Leary (grandson of Jack Nicklaus) was suspended from 2 games for his obscene gestures as he flipped off the crowd and officials after the game. The coach says they will forfeit the next 2 games...

Smart? What??? why forfeit the games? He's punishing the whole team for that punks behavior? Maybe there were OTHER transgressions not reported. I did see a few helmets thrown on the ground.

Old Tiger
09-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
What??? why forfeit the games? He's punishing the whole team for that punks behavior? Maybe there were OTHER transgressions not reported. I did see a few helmets thrown on the ground. I wouldn't call him a punk because of how that game really ended.

BaseballUmp
09-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Not sure, and that would give a nationally ranked team a 3 game losing streak.

NVM it says they planned to forfeit, but that would take them out of state playoff contention

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/highschool/news/story?id=5549802)

DDBooger
09-09-2010, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't call him a punk because of how that game really ended. Oh please, had that kid NOT been Nicklaus' son or had long dreads and a grill he'd be called a thug. lol

Old Tiger
09-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Oh please, had that kid NOT been Nicklaus' son or had long dreads and a grill he'd be called a thug. lol Nah...I'd be that pissed to after that ass to mouth job by the refs

DDBooger
09-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Nah...I'd be that pissed to after that ass to mouth job by the refs Yeah, and if I were your coach and I saw you doing that embarrassing your team, community, hell, his state, I'd toss you off the team or suspend you. Anyone who's played has felt cheated before or that we weren't getting all the calls, in some cases costing us a game. Not all of us respond by acting like a jackass.

Old Tiger
09-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Yeah, and if I were your coach and I saw you doing that embarrassing your team, community, hell, his state, I'd toss you off the team or suspend you. Anyone who's played has felt cheated before or that we weren't getting all the calls, in some cases costing us a game. Not all of us respond by acting like a jackass. You can't kick your best player off the team! :D

DDBooger
09-09-2010, 12:51 PM
You can't kick your best player off the team! :D LOL

All that said, that was an absolutely horrible job of reffing or just downright home cooking.

95mustang
09-09-2010, 12:51 PM
You can't kick your best player off the team! :D

Well good thing he would only be kicking the waterboy off in your case. :D

95mustang
09-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah, and if I were your coach and I saw you doing that embarrassing your team, community, hell, his state, I'd toss you off the team or suspend you. Anyone who's played has felt cheated before or that we weren't getting all the calls, in some cases costing us a game. Not all of us respond by acting like a jackass.

Agree 100%.

Old Tiger
09-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Well good thing he would only be kicking the waterboy off in your case. :D Towel boy! there is a difference!

95mustang
09-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Towel boy! there is a difference!

Sorry, I missed the demotion.