PDA

View Full Version : W'boro / Pilot Point

repeat2002
10-23-2003, 12:07 PM
Could this be the end of a long miserable drought for play-off football in W'boro? Looks as if they are really starting to slow down the downward spiral they call football. This could be the year. Pilot Point is way down and W'boro looks to be better than they have been in a long time. I wander if 'god almighty' has ever been beaten by the "boros"? Could this be the year?

Keith7
10-23-2003, 12:28 PM
I think Whitesboro has much more of a chance in this game then people would like to believe

jason
10-23-2003, 12:34 PM
isnt whitesboro a girls basketball powerhouse? or is that winnsboro?

Keith7
10-23-2003, 12:45 PM
your thinkin of winnsboro..
whitesboro athletics isnt good at anything at all
they had a decent basketball team a few years ago, but were overlooked by Gainesville who won state that year

jason
10-23-2003, 12:49 PM
Keith7:
they had a decent basketball team a few years ago, but were overlooked by Gainesville who won state that yearyeah i think they beat the tar out of forney in the 3rd round that year

crzyjournalist03
10-23-2003, 12:49 PM
Keith7:
they had a decent basketball team a few years ago, but were overlooked by Gainesville who won state that yearGainesville overlooking somebody??? eek! eek! eek!

You mean they don't treat everything as serious as a football scrimmage??? eek! eek! eek! eek!

mr.leopard man
10-24-2003, 08:07 AM
YES.. its true Whitesboro is getting good and best of all they have only 5 seniors...soph qb.. running back is a freshman..alot of skill positions are soph and freshman..#73 on the line is a freshman and great. he is 5ft10 265..and is a great blocker. look for them to end drought next year for sure. eek!

PPHSfan
10-24-2003, 11:52 AM
mr.leopard man:
YES.. its true Whitesboro is getting good and best of all they have only 5 seniors...soph qb.. running back is a freshman..alot of skill positions are soph and freshman..#73 on the line is a freshman and great. he is 5ft10 265..and is a great blocker. look for them to end drought next year for sure. eek! .
It is nice to know that Whitesboro is gettin better, but they are years away from making the playoffs. If they are getting better that is great but the fact remains that in district 9 you have to beat 3 of the following five teams to make the playoffs if you are Whitesboro.

Celina
Gainesville
Pilot Point
Van Alstyne
Pottsboro

and it has been many moons since they were able to beat just ONE of them. Sorry to say it, but the coaching in Whitesboro is way out of their leauge, and their only hope comes with re-alignment.

turbostud
10-24-2003, 11:54 AM
Well it would be nice if they are getting good. My nephew is a 8th grader at Whitesboro and I would love to see him be a part of ending that playoff drought in the next few years. But I am not buying it, their pre season schedule included nothing but 2a's. Leonard, Paradise, Callisburg, Prosper, and Prarieland(not sure what they are). Now that is a "padded schedule". I dont know how they did in their first two district games against Pottsboro and VA but I am not jumping on the band wagon yet.

Keith7
10-24-2003, 12:03 PM
PPHSfan:

mr.leopard man:
YES.. its true Whitesboro is getting good and best of all they have only 5 seniors...soph qb.. running back is a freshman..alot of skill positions are soph and freshman..#73 on the line is a freshman and great. he is 5ft10 265..and is a great blocker. look for them to end drought next year for sure. eek! .
It is nice to know that Whitesboro is gettin better, but they are years away from making the playoffs. If they are getting better that is great but the fact remains that in district 9 you have to beat 3 of the following five teams to make the playoffs if you are Whitesboro.

Celina
Gainesville
Pilot Point
Van Alstyne
Pottsboro

and it has been many moons since they were able to beat just ONE of them. Sorry to say it, but the coaching in Whitesboro is way out of their leauge, and their only hope comes with re-alignment.no, not coaching is out of the other teams league..
i think its tradition.. Just like when a team who has a tradition of winning, i believe when a team doesnt know how to win, that will keep them down.. and now whitesboro's coaches are starting to make them believe other wise

PPHSfan
10-25-2003, 12:43 AM
Out of consideration for the Whitesboro fans and team, I will not post the score. I will only say that Pilot Point managed the win. :)