PDA

View Full Version : Bellville @ Cuero

Pudlugger
09-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Normally I'd wait till a homer posted this thread but the crickets are really loud from both camps this week. Bellville comes off a confidence builder against a decent 4a Lockhart while Cuero is reeling from their second straight loss to LH. I think this will be a good game. I find it hard to believe the Gobblers could lose three straight and at home at that. So I'll pick Cuero by 14.

29-3aFAN
09-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Will Cuero pick up a win before district? Who would of thought we would be asking this.

R4Editor
09-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Cuero will get in the win column.

Bull's-eye
09-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Bellville has yet to show enough consistency moving the ball. This will make it extremely difficult to keep up with high scoring Gobblers. On the other hand, Cuero has struggled stopping their first 2 opponents, this might just be what the doctor ordered for the Brahma offense. Cuereo should win this game, unless Bellville can find a way to keep the game a low scoring contest.

12thMan
09-06-2010, 11:51 AM
It's been a long time since Cuero started 0-2. It happens to the best of them. Anytime you loose a QB like Tyler and your O-line, there's going to be some growing pains. Cuero has a lot of young talented players they will get better. Mason can get the job done and of course you have the WR's and Trent in the back field.

Look at Texas, Florida, for example. Both lost their star QB, and they struggled a little on Saturday. It happens.

Stay positive, and work on the little things that has hurt you the last 2 weeks. Playing a pre-district schedule like this one only makes you better.

Go Mean Green!!

BrahmaMom
09-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Don't ever sell the Brahmas short! They know Cuero's tradition, but we have some of our own. I think the Gobblers will be coming out refusing to lose, I hope Bellville doesn't come out cocky from their win (Ya listening, guys?). One play at a time, 110% effort and fewer mistakes and I think this could be an interesting ball game. I will never vote against my Brahmas for a win, even in a poll, but I know every single field goal will count. And defense, let's remember, defense CAN and DOES win ballgames. LIne of scrimmage stops and strip the ball and RUN!!! Offense, block, block, block for the runner. GO BIG RED!

Green Bling
09-06-2010, 02:37 PM
This should be a really good contest between two teams that have a lot of respect for each other. Already can't wait till Friday!! Gooooo Meeeean Greeen!!:D

Daddy D 11
09-06-2010, 03:14 PM
What's the Cuero faithfuls opinion on the new coaching staff thus far?

12thMan
09-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Like I said earlier, we have a new QB taking Tyler's place, and a new O-Line. We're also playing the toughest pre-district schedule we've had in a while. Not making excuses, just the facts.

In two games, Cuero has turned the ball over I think 8 times. That means your defense will be on the field a lot. Against LH and Wimberly, you can't afford that.

I think our coaches are doing a fine job. We just need to build some momentum going into district play.

XtremeCouture
09-06-2010, 04:07 PM
coaching staff decided that what coach reeve did wasn't going to work for them so they changed a lot of things. most notably was the decision at qb. one guy was all set up to take over the team and the new coach decides he wants this to be his team so naturally he does what reeve wouldn't have done.

12thMan
09-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
coaching staff decided that what coach reeve did wasn't going to work for them so they changed a lot of things. most notably was the decision at qb. one guy was all set up to take over the team and the new coach decides he wants this to be his team so naturally he does what reeve wouldn't have done.

I don't think that was the case. I could be wrong through. Mason was the backup QB last year. Travis Reeve and his son Blake left to another school in March after daddy Reeve moved on. Blake would have been the only other person to start at QB. Coach Owens was hired after all the Reeve's left. So it was a no brainer who was going to start at QB.

Some of the Cuero faithful were dogging Reeve's when we were winning 13-14 games a year. All because we didn't win state titles. For some people, it doesn't matter who the HC is because their never satisfied. We're through that now, we talked all about this months ago, it's time to move on.

Cuero has to focus on this weeks game, not the last 2 weeks, not playing in November or December. One game at a time. Owens will have the boys ready to play and put a W on the board.

zebrablue2
09-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Remember Brahmas, a little improvement each week will go a long way the last 4 weeks of the season. Thats where you will shine! Good luck to both teams, and play injury free...

XtremeCouture
09-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by 12thMan
I don't think that was the case. I could be wrong through. Mason was the backup QB last year. Travis Reeve and his son Blake left to another school in March after daddy Reeve moved on. Blake would have been the only other person to start at QB. Coach Owens was hired after all the Reeve's left. So it was a no brainer who was going to start at QB.

Some of the Cuero faithful were dogging Reeve's when we were winning 13-14 games a year. All because we didn't win state titles. For some people, it doesn't matter who the HC is because their never satisfied. We're through that now, we talked all about this months ago, it's time to move on.

Cuero has to focus on this weeks game, not the last 2 weeks, not playing in November or December. One game at a time. Owens will have the boys ready to play and put a W on the board.

#32 was supposed to be the qb until owens changed it

Gobbler Fan
09-06-2010, 05:58 PM

I have 1 question .. Why do you split #32 out to the Wr position and then run a running play to Trent and he has to struggle to get a couple of yards (x3 and I stopped counting after that) . It would seem you would leave your all state TE inside to block and not put him wide and have no part of the play ... not a gripe a legit question .

12thMan
09-06-2010, 06:48 PM

Wow, didn't know that was what you were talking about. I have no clue on that one.

CueroDad08
09-06-2010, 07:09 PM
People, This is not some cup cake schedule the Gobblers are playing,(Like 95% in Reg. 4) Yes they have started 0-2 and yes it sucks in alot of peoples eyes. But this Cuero team is loaded on both sides of the ball. They are getting to see alot of good football early. In the last few years Cuero has always cruised until they met someone just as good in the playoffs. This will be a special season when it's all over with. The Team knows it as well as the coaching staff. Only thing that is tuff is trying to get the Locals to see an 0-2 start in the long run was all well worth it. The Gobblers WILL be 2-2 when distric gets here and they will then start to get on a roll as they look toward the playoffs. Be patient Gobbler Fans..........You will see.This team could very easy be 2-0 if not for the TO's in both games.(5 in each game) Playing that other 95% in Reg 4 would have been just fine those first two games

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
But this Cuero team is loaded on both sides of the ball. They are getting to see alot of good football early.
I agree with you!

XtremeCouture
09-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Wow, didn't know that was what you were talking about. I have no clue on that one.

this is what I heard from someone who is a close friend of #32 but considering this kid always won the punt, pass, and kick competition there is no questioning his athleticism or what he could accomplish as a qb. The current qb is struggling but that could be the constant pressure from the pass rush or just trying to hard to fill tyler's shoes. I truly hope cuero sticks to their guns and just run outside with trent.

12thMan
09-07-2010, 06:10 AM
this is what I heard from someone who is a close friend of #32 but considering this kid always won the punt, pass, and kick competition there is no questioning his athleticism or what he could accomplish as a qb. The current qb is struggling but that could be the constant pressure from the pass rush or just trying to hard to fill tyler's shoes. I truly hope cuero sticks to their guns and just run outside with trent.

IMO, they have the right guy at QB. #32 did win all the PP&K contests, but we need his experience at TE and at LB. If he's playing QB, there's no way, that I can see, him playing LB as well. He's basically the QB of the defense, that's where we need him the most.

CueroDad, I agree 100%. Thats what I've been trying to say.

gordo
09-07-2010, 07:54 AM
I'm taking Bellville in this one because them boys Mom's can drink more Lone Star beer, and dip more Copenhagen than any Dad in Cuero!!!

playnhurt
09-07-2010, 08:22 AM
I'm going with the Gobblers to get in the win column!

BrahmaMom
09-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Wonder what condition the field will be in Friday night. Of course, it will be the same for both teams. I'm with zebrablue2-injury-free game and both teams win! No doubt Cuero is a tough team to beat, let's just all support our respective teams, Go Brahmas!!

Gobbler Fan
09-07-2010, 10:34 AM
By the looks of things a snorkel needs to go on the list of things to bring to the game .:D

IHStangFan
09-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Wimberley, LH > Bellville.

Cuero will get the win this Friday.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-07-2010, 11:15 AM
This is the first time i have ever said this in my life, but i hope bellville wins

Green Bling
09-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
This is the first time i have ever said this in my life, but i hope bellville wins
That's because you love us sooo much!!
:D :D :D

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
That's because you love us sooo much!!
:D :D :D
exsactly:D

buff4ever
09-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Normally I'd wait till a homer posted this thread but the crickets are really loud from both camps this week. Bellville comes off a confidence builder against a decent 4a Lockhart while Cuero is reeling from their second straight loss to LH. I think this will be a good game. I find it hard to believe the Gobblers could lose three straight and at home at that. So I'll pick Cuero by 14.

Lockhart is terrible

Spread It Out
09-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Lockhart is terrible

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Lockhart is terrible

And they only have one more loss than Giddings?

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 05:20 PM
IMO, they have the right guy at QB. #32 did win all the PP&K contests, but we need his experience at TE and at LB. If he's playing QB, there's no way, that I can see, him playing LB as well. He's basically the QB of the defense, that's where we need him the most.

CueroDad, I agree 100%. Thats what I've been trying to say.
Because of injuries, we must play our QB as safety (on most defensive downs) and our running back Smith as defensive back or outside linebacker. It's not what we want to do..we have to do it.

Bull's-eye
09-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
And they only have one more loss than Giddings?

:tisk: :wave: :fnypost:

gobbler grad
09-07-2010, 07:43 PM

no opinions have been voiced yet...if we could have eliminated the 9 turnovers over the past 2 weeks, don't see why we shouldn't be 2-0...we'll be ready for the Brahmas this week...just don't see us losing 3 in a row at home...

GO MEAN GREEN

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Question...how did Cuero get 3 home games to start the year?

44INAROW
09-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Question...how did Cuero get 3 home games to start the year?

no idea but next season is going to be tough 1st 3 games away :eek: :doh:

SintonFan
09-07-2010, 08:47 PM
I have no idea who will win this game.
Good traditions for both teams.

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 08:52 PM
you gotta go with Cuero.

BrahmaMom
09-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Sinton and Bellville have long-standing mutual admiration and respect, so they may just go with Bellville. We love the Pirates. We want to win in Cuero, no doubt!

11as1
09-08-2010, 05:04 PM
In this match up I'm going with Cuero because with the way Bellville has looked lately they have no shot. No matter if Cuero is having a down year they will roll this weak Brahma team.

Gobblers by 3 TD's

gobbler grad
09-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
We want to win in Cuero, no doubt!

I hear if you beat us,you could be Reg. 3 Team of the Week...

44INAROW
09-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I hear if you beat us,you could be Reg. 3 Team of the Week...
nice one Gobbler Grad - Oh and Brahma faithful - It has rained off and on all day for 3 days straight and the ground is saturated. We have a nice paved parking lot, nice concession stands and restrooms and paved walkways to the abundant stands so don't let the weather stop you from coming :) but like I said in an earlier thread - we's just po' folk down here so we's just got regular ole grass on the field.. But it is pretty and GREEN -the way God intended it to be :)

gobbler grad
09-08-2010, 08:46 PM
i'll be getting this one off the downlow Friday...i'll be in Austin, any good 3A games around Austin Friday nite...may have to find one somewhere ...

Good Luck Green

LH Panther Mom
09-08-2010, 08:52 PM
i'll be getting this one off the downlow Friday...i'll be in Austin, any good 3A games around Austin Friday nite...may have to find one somewhere ...

Good Luck Green
You could always come watch us beat the bejeebers out of China Spring. :devil: Cameron might be a little further, but it's the "battle of the bell" with Rockdale. Not 3A but Leander vs Cedar Park should be pretty decent or there's Aledo at Lake Travis.

crabman
09-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Aledo at Lake Travis is the game to see. Johnathan Gray from Aledo is a beast. One of the top 3 in all classifications against Lake Travis with the state's longest unbeaten streak.

crabman
09-08-2010, 09:16 PM
As far as the rain goes, I have dumped out 12 1/2" since last Wednesday night. It is wet and it is wet deep. Break out the long cleats.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by 11as1
In this match up I'm going with Cuero because with the way Bellville has looked lately they have no shot. No matter if Cuero is having a down year they will roll this weak Brahma team.

Gobblers by 3 TD's

Bellville will have to play mistake free ball, to stay close with the Gobblers, Cuero might be 0-2 but the loses were to very good teams, not cup cake teams you beat by 50 points. Bellville is very young only a hand full of starting Srs. Never been to Cuero, looking forward to seeing the home of longtime powerhouse in 3a football. Some Sealy friends said it is a great place for Friday night football.

Green Bling
09-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Bellville will have to play mistake free ball, to stay close with the Gobblers, Cuero might be 0-2 but the loses were to very good teams, not cup cake teams you beat by 50 points. Bellville is very young only a hand full of starting Srs. Never been to Cuero, looking forward to seeing the home of longtime powerhouse in 3a football. Some Sealy friends said it is a great place for Friday night football.
We look forward to hosting y'all Friday night! Can't believe it will be anything but another great Friday Night Lights!!

zebrablue2
09-08-2010, 10:24 PM

hey FBB-- text a halftime score to me, and a final please!!! i still say this brahma team is gonna get better each week. go BULLS!!!

BrahmaMom
09-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Lookin' forward to a muddy fun game; never been to Cuero stadium myself so it will be fun. The Brahmas have been known to play mistake-free ball before, FBB, as you know, so I am excited to see how we do. The coaches have instituted some new programs to increase enthusiasm, so I can't wait! That Coach T is a handsome dog--long as he produces a win for BrahmaMom! I expect great things from the Brahmas tomorrow night! Come early, stay late and BE LOUD!!!! Thanks, Cuerro, for hosting us! Let's go after the Gobblers, Bulls! Everyone have a safe trip south and here's to an injury-free game.

rojosgirl
09-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by crabman
As far as the rain goes, I have dumped out 12 1/2" since last Wednesday night. It is wet and it is wet deep. Break out the long cleats.

We've all been doing the backstroke for a few days now. Ready for some good FNF for sure. My brothers used to love playing in the mud!

LET'S GO GOBBLERS!

:D :cheerl: :thumbsup: :clap:

BaTmAn24
09-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Sorry bellville, y'all are coming home friday night with a 1-2 record...:(

Cowboy_Up
09-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by BaTmAn24
Sorry bellville, y'all are coming home friday night with a 1-2 record...:(

Sounds like your expecting the Cuero D to show up this Friday?

BaTmAn24
09-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Well Cuero's D doesn't have much to worry about with the way Bellville's offense is playing.

BrahmaMom
09-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Gee, I thought I saw a pretty good Brahma offense last week. One play at a time, 110% each play, that's all I ask of the Bulls. We play the game to see who shows up and how they play each week. The Brahmas are improving weekly and their spirit is high. Don't bet against 'em unless you have money to burn! Hey, Coach T, you da man! Give me a W, Brahmas!!

11as1
09-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Sorry BrahmaMom I must've been at a different bellville game than you. The Brahmas only put up 6 points in the first half and then scored early in the second half on a long run. Then had to battle out the rest of the game against a mediocre Lockhart team. I love the way you try and build the team up and give them confidence but until you can strap on the pads and go play and spread that enthusiasm on the feild there's no hope. As I stated earlier Cuero rolls the bulls by no less than 21.

lbjacj
09-09-2010, 07:51 PM

Good Luck Green

Smithville comes to Wimberley friday night if you can stand to see us again.:p

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-09-2010, 09:11 PM
That Coach T is a handsome dog

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Hey, Coach T, you da man!

Hey BrahmaMom whats up with you and Coach T?

Bull's-eye
09-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Hey BrahmaMom whats up with you and Coach T?

Everybody knows that FBB has a man crush on Coach C. :rolleyes:

zebrablue2
09-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by 11as1
Sorry BrahmaMom I must've been at a different bellville game than you. The Brahmas only put up 6 points in the first half and then scored early in the second half on a long run. Then had to battle out the rest of the game against a mediocre Lockhart team. I love the way you try and build the team up and give them confidence but until you can strap on the pads and go play and spread that enthusiasm on the feild there's no hope. As I stated earlier Cuero rolls the bulls by no less than 21.

:rolleyes:

Red Bull
09-10-2010, 07:57 AM
The wet field concerns me and concerns me a lot. Last year Bellville played LaGrange on a very wet field and Bellville kept trying to go outside and cutback. The problem was the backs slipped and fell all night. Here's to hoping the Brahmas have a slightly different game plan tonight if the field is as wet as I expect it will be. I have heard Cuero had over 10 inches of rain this week so it will surely be wet.

Good luck Bulls!

zebrablue2
09-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Red Bull
The wet field concerns me and concerns me a lot. Last year Bellville played LaGrange on a very wet field and Bellville kept trying to go outside and cutback. The problem was the backs slipped and fell all night. Here's to hoping the Brahmas have a slightly different game plan tonight if the field is as wet as I expect it will be. I have heard Cuero had over 10 inches of rain this week so it will surely be wet.

Good luck Bulls!

big o-line for the bulls, run it north and south, with a little play action. receivers know where they are going, defenders do not. good luck BULLS!!!

OLE'BULL
09-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
big o-line for the bulls, run it north and south, with a little play action. receivers know where they are going, defenders do not. good luck BULLS!!!

+1

KingRob
09-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Keep the turnovers down and lets get a win Gobblers!

Survey says:

Cuero - 27
Bellville - 20

LET'S GO CUERO!!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

rojosgirl
09-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Great idea King Rob. Glad to hear from you! Hope all is well!

GO-MEAN-GREEN!

Red Bull
09-10-2010, 12:33 PM
I am with you ZB2. North and south and no east and west.

BrahmaMom
09-10-2010, 02:30 PM
I don't have to put on pads to put enthusiasm out on that field. Just ask Coach T and #55! I expect the defense to be very fired up tonight, like days of old! Keep an eye on our players as they pump each other up! This is it, Bulls, go to work and tame those turkeys (no disrespect intended, Gobblers). WIN BIG!

BrahmaMom
09-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Disappointed in the lack of emotion on the field, guys. Coach T, losing is not nearly as handsome or fun as winning. Emotion and execution, that wins ballgames. Let's get it together for next week, Brahmas!

Green Bling
09-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Don't know if y'all could tell from the Brahma side or not, but your dance team got a standing O from the Gobbler faithful. Outstanding!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

BrahmaMom
09-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks, Green Bling. I didn't notice, but we appreciate the kindness. Those girls work hard and don't get the recognition they deserve. I say that as a player mom who doesn't give them the kudos they deserve. Thanks for being so gracious.

BrahmaMom
09-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Matter of fact, Coach T, losing is down right UGLY! You wanna be handsome, you gotta get some W's for the Bulls.