PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 2 Top 10 - Post Here

R3Editor
09-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Post your top 10 from Region III here.

Results will be posted Tuesday afternoon.

HEMOTOXIC
09-06-2010, 10:50 AM
1 WO-S
2 Kirbyville
3 Sealy
4 Royal
5 Navasota
6 Caldwell
7 Mexia
8 Giddings
9 Rockdale
10 La Vega

Yoe_09
09-06-2010, 10:58 AM
1. WOS
2. Kirbyville
3. Sealy
4. Royal
5. La Vega
6. Giddings
7. Caldwell
8. Navasota
9. Rockdale
10. Mexia

trojandad
09-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
1 WO-S
2 Kirbyville
3 Sealy
4 Royal
5 Navasota
6 Caldwell
7 Mexia
8 Giddings
9 Rockdale
10 La Vega

just asking....what have you seen to put kirbyville that high?

HEMOTOXIC
09-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
just asking....what have you seen to put kirbyville that high?

I haven't seen them in person, but, they did demolish Newton.

trojandad
09-06-2010, 11:04 AM

fair enough.....

Yoe_09
09-06-2010, 11:04 AM

+1 on that. I heard from Newton posters that they were looking to do a lot of things this year and Kirbyville just crushed them.

trojandad
09-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
+1 on that. I heard from Newton posters that they were looking to do a lot of things this year and Kirbyville just crushed them.

we just played them heads up, save and except for two short field turnovers on our part (TERRIBLE passes on our part, WAY off the mark)....maybe we're that good as we beat madisonville by the same margin as navasota did, even threw a shutout, i just don't see our qb play good enough to be ranked that high yet....

waiting to see kirbyvile play wos, that'll be worth the price of a ticket......

Pudlugger
09-06-2010, 11:11 AM
1. Sealy
2. Royal
3. WOS
4. Caldwell
5. Giddings
6. La Grange
7. Kirbyville
8. Navasota
9. Mexia
10. Bellville

HEMOTOXIC
09-06-2010, 11:12 AM
we just played them heads up, save and except for two short field turnovers on our part (TERRIBLE passes on our part, WAY off the mark)....maybe we're that good as we beat madisonville by the same margin as navasota did, even threw a shutout, i just don't see our qb play good enough to be ranked that high yet....

waiting to see kirbyvile play wos, that'll be worth the price of a ticket......

I agree.

trojandad
09-06-2010, 11:19 AM
I agree.

i'll go on record now, tho, from what i saw of kirbyville, they aren't close to the team i watched last year at friendswood against dayton, and wos should have won that one....and maetzold is a year older....

those two games being indicators (and i know thats not fair), i'd put wos two touchdowns better.....

HEMOTOXIC
09-06-2010, 11:27 AM
i'll go on record now, tho, from what i saw of kirbyville, they aren't close to the team i watched last year at friendswood against dayton, and wos should have won that one....and maetzold is a year older....

those two games being indicators (and i know thats not fair), i'd put wos two touchdowns better.....

I think WO-S is 2 tds better than everyone in region III, but, its all about matchups. I'm so glad the game is played on the field.

I'm really looking forward to Cameron coming to Rattler stadium. That will give me a better idea of how good my Rattlers actually are.

Yoe_09
09-06-2010, 11:28 AM
I think WO-S is 2 tds better than everyone in region III, but, its all about matchups. I'm so glad the game is played on the field.

I'm really looking forward to Cameron coming to Rattler stadium. That will give me a better idea of how good my Rattlers actually are.

Yeah im looking forward to that one....how improved do you think Rudder will be?

HEMOTOXIC
09-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Yeah im looking forward to that one....how improved do you think Rudder will be?

They are putting up some points, but, they have played Taylor and Rouse. We will see Friday.

griff
09-06-2010, 11:49 AM
I think WO-S is 2 tds better than everyone in region III, but, its all about matchups.

I'm happy to see others saying this. As good as WO-S was against FW, that does not automatically translate into handling every team the exact same way, and I'm a WO-S alum. We still have Kirbyville, Jasper, and Giddings on our pre-season schedule. We'll get a good taste of "match-ups" with good teams over the next four weeks. At this point, I think Kirbyville is the best of those three opponents. They opened my eyes with the dismantling of Newton and a nice win against Coldspring. All in all, it looks like this will be a very fun year to follow WO-S.

griff
09-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
1. Sealy
2. Royal
3. WOS
4. Caldwell
5. Giddings
6. La Grange
7. Kirbyville
8. Navasota
9. Mexia
10. Bellville

Kirbyville should be higher. Royal is too high.

trojandad
09-06-2010, 11:58 AM
nobody's on the silsbee train yet? i think i would be, with the little i know.....

BRfalconfan
09-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by griff
Kirbyville should be higher. Royal is too high.

How are they too high?

griff
09-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
How are they too high?
I just can't see them being the 2nd best team in Region 3. I know they had a nice win vs. Giddings, but Region 3 is better from top to bottom than their former Region 4 foes. Also, WO-S handled BR fairly easy the last two years, and this year's WO-S team is better than the last two they've had. IMO, I would place BR somewhere between positions #5 - #8. Sealy, Caldwell, WO-S, Kirbyville, and Navasota would be ahead of them.

Remember...this is just one man's opinion and it's all in fun.

Pudlugger
09-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Well you have to go with what teams are showing at this point in the season. Royal beat a very tough Giddings team in Giddings when the Buffs had to be looking for revenge from the loss in the first round in last year's playoffs. Plus it was their first game on their new turf field. You have to know both teams came to play their A game. WOS looks good in just barely losing to a top 4a team but winning is still everything in football. [No ribbons for participation allowed LOL.] Everything is fluid at this point so it will sort itself out by week 10.

trojandad
09-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Well you have to go with what teams are showing at this point in the season. Royal beat a very tough Giddings team in Giddings when the Buffs had to be looking for revenge from the loss in the first round in last year's playoffs. Plus it was their first game on their new turf field. You have to know both teams came to play their A game. WOS looks good in just barely losing to a top 4a team but winning is still everything in football. [No ribbons for participation allowed LOL.] Everything is fluid at this point so it will sort itself out by week 10.

good points, pud.....with their qb i saw play, tho, it wouldn't surprise me at all if friendswood wins it all in 4a.....will make that wos game look even better......:D

Coach BS
09-06-2010, 01:25 PM
1 Royal
2 NAVASOTA
3 GIDDINGS
4 wos
5 Silsbee
6 Caldwell
7 Sealy
8 Rockdale
9 LaVega
10Mexia

trojandad
09-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS
1 Royal
2 NAVASOTA
3 GIDDINGS
4 wos
5 Silsbee
6 Caldwell
7 Sealy
8 Rockdale
9 LaVega
10Mexia

there's a man who believes in 23 3a......:clap: :clap:

the genious
09-06-2010, 01:46 PM
there's a man who believes in 23 3a......:clap: :clap:
D-23 is STACKED!!!! haha:hairpunk:

HEMOTOXIC
09-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by griff
I'm happy to see others saying this. As good as WO-S was against FW, that does not automatically translate into handling every team the exact same way, and I'm a WO-S alum. We still have Kirbyville, Jasper, and Giddings on our pre-season schedule. We'll get a good taste of "match-ups" with good teams over the next four weeks. At this point, I think Kirbyville is the best of those three opponents. They opened my eyes with the dismantling of Newton and a nice win against Coldspring. All in all, it looks like this will be a very fun year to follow WO-S.

You are right. That's why I said its all about matchups. After WO-S's performance against Friendswood, we know what they are capable of....and that's scary.

HEMOTOXIC
09-06-2010, 02:03 PM
D 23 is stacked.... BTW, La Grange and Coldspring would probably be my 11th and 12th teams.

trojandad
09-06-2010, 03:07 PM
D 23 is stacked.... BTW, La Grange and Coldspring would probably be my 11th and 12th teams.

i'd put lagrange slightly higher, especially if coach there sees something to sit the senior qb for a spohomore....we have enough returners, especially on our rushing offense, that i'd put us in the top 10 only if our qb grows up quickly....

i'm still thinking silsbee is gonna be the surprise team in reg III....they're sure due for a big season soon....

WOS1
09-06-2010, 04:32 PM
We will find out more about Silsbee this week. They play 4A Lumberton. They really haven't played a quality opponent yet. Cleveland has been good last couple of years, but losin their coach and QB is taking it's toll.

I think WOS needs to be around 8 or 9...;)

trojandad
09-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
We will find out more about Silsbee this week. They play 4A Lumberton. They really haven't played a quality opponent yet. Cleveland has been good last couple of years, but losin their coach and QB is taking it's toll.

I think WOS needs to be around 8 or 9...;)

my question is about your defense.....you guys lost some studs....other than that, i think you're a top 5 on that list....

hookandladder
09-06-2010, 04:46 PM
i'd put lagrange slightly higher, especially if coach there sees something to sit the senior qb for a spohomore....we have enough returners, especially on our rushing offense, that i'd put us in the top 10 only if our qb grows up quickly....

i'm still thinking silsbee is gonna be the surprise team in reg III....they're sure due for a big season soon....

Not 100% sure but am pretty sure the senior QB has never started at any level, 7th,8th, Freshmen or JV . So coming into the season neither QB had much game experience, With a new coaching staff this year the postion was wide open. I know we are in a tough District just like last year however if we can sneak into the playoffs we do have some experienced players on this team that could carry us a ways into the playoffs. Time will Tell.