PDA

View Full Version : China Spring (1-1) @ Liberty Hill (2-0)

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Thoughts on this game? :1popcorn:

Bosqueville
09-05-2010, 09:10 AM
This game may be over by 9:30 the way these two like to run the ball. I say Liberty Hill by 7.

Daddy D 11
09-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Did China get out of the spread or what?

Is Bell still the HC there?

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Did China get out of the spread or what?

Is Bell still the HC there?
I read they went to the slot-t. I have a feeling the Panthers might put on a clinic, if that's the case! :devil:

icu812
09-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Glad to see LH off to a good start. Hopefully, they have a good enough season to play a game or two a little closer to N. East TX so I can go watch that offense. Been needing my slot t fix in the playoffs.

solocam
09-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Cats win a close one

bp80884
09-05-2010, 04:32 PM
I am just looking forward to the game. I voted China Sping because I want them to win.

LH is ALWAYS tough so we will see on Friday.

However, I am not looking forward to the drive. Why don't y'all just come up here and we can have a BBQ after the game?

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
However, I am not looking forward to the drive. Why don't y'all just come up here and we can have a BBQ after the game?
Drive to Cuero or Abilene then we'll talk. :p

Rocket
09-05-2010, 06:52 PM
China Spring went to the Slot T? SWEEEET... Another gimme game...

runtowin
09-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Did you forget 2008 at liberty hill LH 56-BW 49 was that a gimmie?

Daddy D 11
09-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Is that a joke? Did they really switch? LOL.

Is Bell still the HC? Or is it a new staff?

trojan37
09-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Is that a joke? Did they really switch? LOL.

Is Bell still the HC? Or is it a new staff?

Yes they did go to the slot T and Bell is still the coach. LH by at least 21.

gobbler grad
09-05-2010, 10:42 PM
can't see anyone running the slot-T better than LH...got to take them this week by a few td's...

GO PANTHERS...

OldBison75
09-06-2010, 12:44 AM
LH has already proven that they can play with the better teams this year. The CS team has not proved that yet.

This may be a little early to step out on a limb, but there are alot of posters on here that better not overlook LH this year. Every win renews the faith in that system that has won them some championships. After the bashing they took on here last year, the Panthers faithful will soon be reminding alot of us about how we discounted them and that slot-t.

LH will roll in this game by at least 21.

Daddy D 11
09-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
Yes they did go to the slot T and Bell is still the coach. LH by at least 21.

Thanks, that's a surprising move for as well as they ran the spread the past 5 years.

fourbeee
09-06-2010, 09:57 AM
The Hill is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy D 11
09-06-2010, 10:02 AM
I think it'll be low scoring and very tight.

I don't see either team going up by more than a touchdown the entire game, maybe at the end.

I think this one is still a toss up.
Like Wimbo said.. take away turnovers and it's a completely different game against Cuero. If CS shows up and doesn't turn the ball over, it'll be one heck of a game. Keeping our defense on the field will definitely tire us out and that could go a long way for China Springs' chances in this one. Expect a very scrappy game.

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2010, 10:17 AM
take away turnovers and it's a completely different game against Cuero.
Credit our defense for those! They're kinda nasty! ;)

Daddy D 11
09-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Credit our defense for those! They're kinda nasty! ;)

LOL I'm starting to believe! Jury is still out though:p

Rabid Cougar
09-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks, that's a surprising move for as well as they ran the spread the past 5 years.

They have been running the spread since Shawn Bell was a Sophmore QB. CS started running the slot in 08.

Cougars win on a field goal.

87 TIGER
09-06-2010, 06:28 PM
It wont be close

LH in a landslide

bwdlionfan
09-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by runtowin

I remember that... I also remember that the 2008 Brownwood defense also allowed more points in 10 games than ANY Brownwood defense has EVER allowed in one season

Rocket
09-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by runtowin

Big difference. That was then and this is now. Shipley knows how to stop the Slot T. It's a joke.

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Big difference. That was then and this is now. Shipley knows how to stop the Slot T. It's a joke.
I guess he forgot how to stop it in 2006 not long before he left for Coppell.

I'll refrain from commenting on what the joke really is. :rolleyes:

ccmom
09-06-2010, 09:00 PM

I'll refrain from commenting on what the joke really is. :rolleyes: :eek: :clap: :D

44INAROW
09-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
can't see anyone running the slot-T better than LH...got to take them this week by a few td's...

GO PANTHERS...
I agree....... LH by 21..

garciap77
09-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Liberty Hill!

Daddy D 11
09-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Liberty Hill!

post padder! :mad:

Super_R
09-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Last week was my 1st taste of LH football for the year. I was very pleasantly impressed. We were systematic on offense and the defense was in position and swarming. LH did to Cuero what the system was designed to do...it wore them down. The beefeaters for Cuero were tough to start...but, as the game went on they were gassed. The score in Friday’s game wasn't really close to how LH outplayed the Gobblers. I would imagine that Cuero's offensive production was below 150 until the last 4 minutes of the game.

Now we host China Spring. They run what we run. Our Defense has been playing against the Slot-t since Vance brought it here 10 years ago. That means that they have seen it as long as they have been in pads. The LH offense is smoother this year than last and they got better as the game went along. Believing can be as important is a good practice...and I think the LH boys are starting to believe again.

LH improves to 3-0!

Rocket
09-07-2010, 10:43 AM

I'll refrain from commenting on what the joke really is. :rolleyes:

Last year it was a joke. I laughed hard.

LH_Tuff
09-07-2010, 11:31 AM

Year before last was the real joke. I laughed even harder!!

watz4dinner
09-07-2010, 02:11 PM
How much rain is expected in LH? It has poured all day today, but we have turf. Does the Lh field hold up good to heavy rain?

runtowin
09-07-2010, 02:52 PM
heard they were practicing in the parking lot to get tougher

LH Panther Mom
09-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by watz4dinner
How much rain is expected in LH? It has poured all day today, but we have turf. Does the Lh field hold up good to heavy rain?
I was in Round Rock all day so I'm not certain how much rain we got here. But it's raining pretty decently right now. Just from looking at the side of the road in my neighborhood, it's either been a slow rain or didn't rain too much earlier. We don't have turf, but unless it's a deluge, it should be okay Friday.

LH Panther Mom
09-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
Year before last was the real joke. I laughed even harder!!
:clap: :clap: :D

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 05:41 PM

The LH field doesnt hold up well under even blue skies.

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 05:44 PM

I kinda chuckled after last year too! But for a whole different reason!

Daddy D 11
09-07-2010, 05:46 PM
sorry we aren't big timers and have turf:hand: :D

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 05:49 PM
sorry we aren't big timers and have turf:hand: :D

Dont need turf...you need a stadium!

Daddy D 11
09-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

We have one! LOL

What we need is visitor sitting, that is all.

I don't want a new stadium that has no cozy atmosphere. When you build the big, generic stadiums with the concourses and field turf and big scoreboard I feel like you're conforming. I like that LH has the type of atmosphere that is unique to our team and town, if that makes any sense. We just need a small add-on on the visitors side...

LH_Tuff
09-07-2010, 06:36 PM

Hey. Don't you mess with my lawn chair rental business.

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Hey. Don't you mess with my lawn chair rental business.

And your cockleburr removal service!

OldBison75
09-07-2010, 06:42 PM
That stadium may not be big or have turf, but it has character that gives LH a big homefield advantage. Yeah, more seats would be nice, but, all those people sitting in lawn chairs and standing around the field give the field a real loud and rowdy feel. No matter where you are on the field, the fans are near and loud on both sides. Makes for alot of fun!!!1

LH_Tuff
09-07-2010, 06:44 PM
And your cockleburr removal service!

That was you? How is your arse?

Bull_Guy
09-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Ill take Liberty Hill for sure. China Springs barely beat a VERY weak Glen Rose team last weak and if they really moved to the slot T it could get ugly.

SintonFan
09-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Positively Panthers.:nerd:

LHexPlayer
09-07-2010, 07:53 PM
We have one! LOL

What we need is visitor sitting, that is all.

I don't want a new stadium that has no cozy atmosphere. When you build the big, generic stadiums with the concourses and field turf and big scoreboard I feel like you're conforming. I like that LH has the type of atmosphere that is unique to our team and town, if that makes any sense. We just need a small add-on on the visitors side...

Sure that will work when you move the train tracks so you can add more seating to the visitor side. Plus we need parking and restrooms and concession stands. Oh and a real fieldhouse. That stadium hasn't changed much since we were a 2a team. If Liberty Hill keeps that same stadium when we near 4a or actually turn 4a then we will be in big time trouble. But sure if we plan on dropping back to 2a and playing teams like Florence and Lago Vista, then sure the stadium is perfect.

LH Panther Mom
09-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Sure that will work when you move the train tracks so you can add more seating to the visitor side. Plus we need parking and restrooms and concession stands. Oh and a real fieldhouse. That stadium hasn't changed much since we were a 2a team. If Liberty Hill keeps that same stadium when we near 4a or actually turn 4a then we will be in big time trouble. But sure if we plan on dropping back to 2a and playing teams like Florence and Lago Vista, then sure the stadium is perfect.
I think the Zephyr stadium has almost as much visitor seating as we have. :doh: Bond election in November...

CS folks - get there early or bring some lawn chairs. ;)

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 08:00 PM
I think the Zephyr stadium has almost as much visitor seating as we have. :doh: Bond election in November...

Lawn chairs...sheesh. What are you guys playing?? Cricket???

Daddy D 11
09-07-2010, 08:06 PM

Don't go taller, go long ways up and down the field... problem solved. Those boys drive over to that field on fridays only and spend about an hour in that field house every other week, so in a year they are maybe in there 6 hours, it is fine the way it is. There could be a concession stand added possibly somewhere near the scoreboard, that's about it.

LHexPlayer
09-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Don't go taller, go long ways up and down the field... problem solved. Those boys drive over to that field on fridays only and spend about an hour in that field house every other week, so in a year they are maybe in there 6 hours, it is fine the way it is. There could be a concession stand added possibly somewhere near the scoreboard, that's about it.

We can agree to disagree. My main concern is the growth that is coming. Liberty Hill is the next Leander. The growth will come sooner or later and there is nothing the school district can do about. They are already stretched thin as far as facilities goes. If they do go 4a and play schools such as Cedar Park, Lake Travis, Hutto, Hendrickson, etc. Then we are in big trouble with that current stadium. The stadium is also very old. Not sure of the year it was built but it is essentially the same stadium I played in growing up. It makes me wonder what rust or structural issues may be going on overall. Bible stadium in Leander needed major repairs because of age. They found that the cost to sand blast the stadium and fix rust and possible lead paint abatement was so expensive it was almost as cheap to just build another stadium. So they crunched some numbers and did just that. The stadium in Liberty Hill will need to be dealt with eventually.

LH Panther Mom
09-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Lawn chairs...sheesh. What are you guys playing?? Cricket???
Croquet! :p

K-MAC Chuck
09-07-2010, 09:29 PM

Or rent your lawn chairs from LHPM :D

garciap77
09-07-2010, 09:45 PM
post padder! :mad:

Loboes Lover!!!!:D

:p

Daddy D 11
09-07-2010, 10:48 PM
We can agree to disagree. My main concern is the growth that is coming. Liberty Hill is the next Leander. The growth will come sooner or later and there is nothing the school district can do about. They are already stretched thin as far as facilities goes. If they do go 4a and play schools such as Cedar Park, Lake Travis, Hutto, Hendrickson, etc. Then we are in big trouble with that current stadium. The stadium is also very old. Not sure of the year it was built but it is essentially the same stadium I played in growing up. It makes me wonder what rust or structural issues may be going on overall. Bible stadium in Leander needed major repairs because of age. They found that the cost to sand blast the stadium and fix rust and possible lead paint abatement was so expensive it was almost as cheap to just build another stadium. So they crunched some numbers and did just that. The stadium in Liberty Hill will need to be dealt with eventually.

I would assume we have at-least another 6-8 years before we are 4A. Maybe more.

Rabid Cougar
09-08-2010, 05:53 AM

6 Man experienced - Pick-up tail gates

I am more concerned about the field.
Two games on Thursday and over 10 inches of rain.. not a good combination.

Rabid Cougar
09-08-2010, 05:55 AM

Well you can pretty much assure that there will be no seats left. The band will take them all .... they have no regard for the fans.

LH Panther Mom
09-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
6 Man experienced - Pick-up tail gates

I am more concerned about the field.
Two games on Thursday and over 10 inches of rain.. not a good combination.
The latest word I got is that the LH Thursday night games are cancelled; also latest is that CS Thursday games are still on.

LH_Tuff
09-08-2010, 05:42 PM
The latest word I got is that the LH Thursday night games are cancelled; also latest is that CS Thursday games are still on.

To add a little to this. My son's tell me that the Freshman/JV will play in CS as well as the 7th grade. 8th grade games are canceled.

watz4dinner
09-08-2010, 05:47 PM
9th and JV only in CS

LH_Tuff
09-08-2010, 05:49 PM
9th and JV only in CS

The word I got was that 7th grade teams are playing in CS, but at a different field. My information is from teenagers, so who knows. :D

LLM_1331
09-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Watched China Spring play last week, LH will be way too much for them. This game will get ugly in a hurry.

LH Panther Mom
09-08-2010, 05:58 PM
The word I got was that 7th grade teams are playing in CS, but at a different field. My information is from teenagers, so who knows. :D
Now I'm hearing NO Thursday games. :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: But that's not the official word yet.

8HR
09-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Official: Junior High games are cancelled.

Phantom Stang
09-08-2010, 06:34 PM
LH by 7

bp80884
09-08-2010, 10:10 PM
9th and JV only in CS

The Freshman game is actually tomorrow at 5pm instead of the scheduled 7:30 start. I assume thtt JV game will be at 7 or 7:30. The only time I can confirm is the freshman.

We will be in Liberty Hill on Friday. Looking forward to visiting.

LHPMom, your boy still playing?

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2010, 04:58 AM

LHPMom, your boy still playing?
Not the same one that you've probably seen before, but the youngest is.

garciap77
09-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by fourbeee
The Hill is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:iagree:

LHPfactory
09-09-2010, 03:36 PM
I would assume we have at-least another 6-8 years before we are 4A. Maybe more.

My oldest is a 6th grader and he has about 250 in his class. 4 classes in Highschool with that number and you have a 4A school. I hope it takes longer, but it is growing fast.

LH_Tuff
09-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
My oldest is a 6th grader and he has about 250 in his class. 4 classes in Highschool with that number and you have a 4A school. I hope it takes longer, but it is growing fast.

My youngest is in the 8th grade. From what I hear the current 7th grade class is at 350. Wow!!

LHPfactory
09-09-2010, 04:08 PM
If thats is the the case, we will be 4A in about 4 years, probably in 2 reallignments. The new HS up for bond election is supposed to hold 1600 students

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2010, 06:11 PM
My youngest is in the 8th grade. From what I hear the current 7th grade class is at 350. Wow!!
That's the word from Doc early in the summer! Heck, between this years' 6th & 7th grade classes, that puts the existing HS at almost capacity when they get there...without any other grade levels! :doh:

PANTHERS RULE!!! COUGARS DROOL!!! :D

8HR
09-09-2010, 09:05 PM
The 7th grade class has around 240 students.

bp80884
09-10-2010, 09:55 PM
China Spring over Liberty Hill 23 to 20.

Great job Cougars!

Daddy D 11
09-10-2010, 09:58 PM
China Spring over Liberty Hill 23 to 20.

Great job Cougars!

I knew it'd be a real close game like this... good game to both teams it sounds like!

bp80884
09-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:iagree: :lies: :lies:

Daddy D 11
09-10-2010, 10:01 PM
I think it'll be low scoring and very tight.

I don't see either team going up by more than a touchdown the entire game, maybe at the end.

I think this one is still a toss up.
Like Wimbo said.. take away turnovers and it's a completely different game against Cuero. If CS shows up and doesn't turn the ball over, it'll be one heck of a game. Keeping our defense on the field will definitely tire us out and that could go a long way for China Springs' chances in this one. Expect a very scrappy game.