PDA

View Full Version : WFAA exposes another scandall

Emerson1
09-04-2010, 09:35 PM
and it's not HS football this time

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/083110dntexebjfolo.a5140066.html

SWMustang
09-05-2010, 05:07 PM
doesn't matter to me if she re-pays it. It's too late for needy students in her own district who got passed over for scholarships 5 years ago.

I bet she gets re-elected.

BaseballUmp
09-05-2010, 06:44 PM
TMZ aint got nothin on WFAA

SWMustang
09-08-2010, 05:38 AM
she even asked the black caucus to have the money givendirectly to the relatives instead of being dispersed to the college. This flies in the face of her claims that she wasn't really involved.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/090810dntexebj.ce52ce69.html

Stephen Broden, candidate for US Congress from Texas District 30, received documents showing that Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson asked the Congressional Black Caucus Scholarship Fund to make their college scholarship checks payable to her family members, not to any college:

“Our campaign has received copies of letters sent by Eddie Bernice Johnson in 2006 in which she directed the CBC Scholarship Foundation to have scholarship monies for her own grandchildren and other relatives paid out by CBC via personal checks made payable directly to her grandchildren and great-nephews. In one letter she requests that for a non-family member the scholarship check be payable to and sent to the college, but for her relatives that the checks be directly paid to her family members.

Contrary to Johnson's statement in the Dallas Morning News on September 3rd that she has not “dwelled on figuring out how to give my grandchildren $1,000 a year” she apparently has done exactly that. Congresswoman Johnson not only abused the CBC scholarship fund program by awarding scholarships to ineligible family members instead of deserving District 30 students -- she made sure that the money went right to their wallets.