PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals release Leinhart

NateDawg39
09-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Where might he go now?

Looking4number8
09-04-2010, 05:18 PM
I have been seeing that today. I hope he bounces back. He did not do well in Arizona but seems to be a stand up guy... Maybe he can turn it around.

BaseballUmp
09-04-2010, 05:20 PM
It was probably all those beer bongs he was doing in the hot tub with his lady friends lol

Old Tiger
09-04-2010, 05:20 PM
CFL

trojandad
09-04-2010, 06:28 PM
gilbert sure reminds me of a college, right handed version of leinart.....he plays the game too much "straight up" in stature....thats great if your line is seamless like leinart's was at usc, but under pressure or in a 2 minute drill (end of the game against texas in the rose bowl) and he was lost as a goose....

i agree, i think he'd rather start in the cfl than backup in the nfl, regardless of the money difference.....

i wished i agreed with the stand up guy part, but whining that he wasn't given the starting job to the press was a sad last step....

STANG RED
09-04-2010, 10:50 PM
This deosnt surprise me in the least. I had a Ryan Leif feeling about this guy from day one.

Txbroadcaster
09-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
This deosnt surprise me in the least. I had a Ryan Leif feeling about this guy from day one.

Ryan was TERRIBLE when he played..Matt really has not been that bad..he just got unlucky that Warner was so good in Zona

trojandad
09-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Ryan was TERRIBLE when he played..Matt really has not been that bad..he just got unlucky that Warner was so good in Zona

Leinart's stats - 4 yrs

Pass attempts 595
Pass completions 340
Percentage 57.1
TD-INT 14-20
Passing yards 3,893
QB Rating 70.8

Leaf's stats - 4 yrs

Pass attempts 655
Pass completions 317
Percentage 48.4
TD-INT 14-36
Passing yards 3,666
QB Rating 50.0

Some better, some worse.....not enough difference (to me) to call one "terrible" and one "not that bad".....both threw temper tantrums and lost their teams respect in the locker rooms....tamayto and tomahto, IMO

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

eagles_victory
09-05-2010, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
Leinart's stats - 4 yrs

Pass attempts 595
Pass completions 340
Percentage 57.1
TD-INT 14-20
Passing yards 3,893
QB Rating 70.8

Leaf's stats - 4 yrs

Pass attempts 655
Pass completions 317
Percentage 48.4
TD-INT 14-36
Passing yards 3,666
QB Rating 50.0

Some better, some worse.....not enough difference (to me) to call one "terrible" and one "not that bad".....both threw temper tantrums and lost their teams respect in the locker rooms....tamayto and tomahto, IMO

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: Everyone of Leinhart's is better and 16 ints and 20 points in Qb rating is a pretty huge difference I think you actually made broadcasters point for him even though you weren't trying to.

Old Tiger
09-05-2010, 02:16 AM
gilbert sure reminds me of a college, right handed version of leinart.....he plays the game too much "straight up" in stature....thats great if your line is seamless like leinart's was at usc, but under pressure or in a 2 minute drill (end of the game against texas in the rose bowl) and he was lost as a goose....

i agree, i think he'd rather start in the cfl than backup in the nfl, regardless of the money difference.....

i wished i agreed with the stand up guy part, but whining that he wasn't given the starting job to the press was a sad last step.... Gilberts arm > Leinarts but only time will tell!

Old Tiger
09-05-2010, 02:17 AM
Ryan Leaf, The Boz, and Jemarcus "Purple Drank" Russell are the biggest bust of all time.

trojandad
09-05-2010, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Everyone of Leinhart's is better and 16 ints and 20 points in Qb rating is a pretty huge difference I think you actually made broadcasters point for him even though you weren't trying to.

by the calculations, a 20 pt swing on the qb rating, all else being equal, can be achieved on 600 attempts with 20 extra completions, for 16 games works out to roughly an extra single completion per week....while leinart is "better" in all categories listed except tds (the others leaf was superior on i didn't list from nfl), the difference just doesn't seem that much to me, both suck pretty badly......but if broadcaster considers it substantial, God bless him.......

crzyjournalist03
09-05-2010, 02:04 PM
by the calculations, a 20 pt swing on the qb rating, all else being equal, can be achieved on 600 attempts with 20 extra completions, for 16 games works out to roughly an extra single completion per week....while leinart is "better" in all categories listed except tds (the others leaf was superior on i didn't list from nfl), the difference just doesn't seem that much to me, both suck pretty badly......but if broadcaster considers it substantial, God bless him.......

You really failed there on so many levels that I don't know where to begin...

Completing an extra 3% of your passes doesn't make a 20 point change in QB rating. QB rating is so much more complex than that.

A 9% difference in pass completions is HUGE...and if you want to use the 600 passes as a benchmark for a season, that's one extra INT per GAME that Leaf threw.

As a comparison using those QB ratings, Matt Leinart is VERY similar to the career ratings of Terry Bradshaw, Trent Dilfer, and Jake Plummer...all serviceable NFL QBs.

JaMarcus Russell actually has a much higher career QB rating than Ryan Leaf. In fact, finding QBs that are even comparable to Leaf are very difficult to find...Tell me how many names you recognize from the bottom of this list:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

Diocletian
09-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Dolphins, Raiders both sound good.

Just think though.... if he was signed by the Chiefs as a backup.. he could back up the guy that was backing him up at USC.

Trashman
09-05-2010, 03:07 PM
I always thought he would have a tough time in the NFL, because of his attitude. You must respect the game if you want a seat at the table.:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
09-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I always thought he would have a tough time in the NFL, because of his attitude. You must respect the game if you want a seat at the table.:rolleyes: Phillip Rivers says hellow to this theory :D

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/a1807a42a1108d53504c2649062912d7.jpg

Trashman
09-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Phillip Rivers says hellow to this theory :D

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/a1807a42a1108d53504c2649062912d7.jpg

You don't think that Rivers has learned to respect the game?:confused:

Old Tiger
09-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
You don't think that Rivers has learned to respect the game?:confused: He's still by far a bigger douche than Matt is.

Diocletian
09-05-2010, 03:26 PM
I saw this on on a msg board and couldn't resist posting it here...

"Denny green was asked a question, did you draft Leinart because you thought he would be a good nfl qb?
Denny Green talking --> NO! we knew who Matt Leinart was! WE drafted him knowing he had no arm and was the check down "King"! we let Matt off the hook by drafting him ok?? if you want to..... "Crown" his sorry heisman axx!!
GO Ahead!! as green slaps at the mic!!"

Rocket
09-05-2010, 04:02 PM
About time...

Now if only the Saints would release Reggie Bush...

bp80884
09-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Maybe Leinart can get a look from Southlake Carrol or Celina?

I hear they are always looking for new recuits!

I hope I don't get banned for that one!

trojandad
09-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
You really failed there on so many levels that I don't know where to begin...

Completing an extra 3% of your passes doesn't make a 20 point change in QB rating. QB rating is so much more complex than that.

A 9% difference in pass completions is HUGE...and if you want to use the 600 passes as a benchmark for a season, that's one extra INT per GAME that Leaf threw.

As a comparison using those QB ratings, Matt Leinart is VERY similar to the career ratings of Terry Bradshaw, Trent Dilfer, and Jake Plummer...all serviceable NFL QBs.

JaMarcus Russell actually has a much higher career QB rating than Ryan Leaf. In fact, finding QBs that are even comparable to Leaf are very difficult to find...Tell me how many names you recognize from the bottom of this list:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

the thing i failed with on your comments is not needing to be the right fighter you are efforting to be, so i'll drop my end of this.... :thinking:

TheDOCTORdre
09-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Leinhart was never Whisenhunt's guy, really cant blame Matt for that. But regardless Matt never had command of the locker room and this preseason he was playing cautiously, as if, to hold onto the starting job rather than proving himself

NateDawg39
09-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Now they (ESPN) say the Texans are leading the way to get him.

trojandad
09-05-2010, 09:51 PM
would they have to pick up the remainder of his salary since he was let go or could they renegotiate?

BaseballUmp
09-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Never thought the Texans would be on the radar...

trojandad
09-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Never thought the Texans would be on the radar...

its kinda the lesser of two evils, who do we want to hold the clipboard, leinart or the qb of an 0-16 team.....

carter08
09-06-2010, 01:55 PM
its kinda the lesser of two evils, who do we want to hold the clipboard, leinart or the qb of an 0-16 team.....

I'd rather have kept Booty and given him the 3 spot, signed Leinhart and released Dan O, but whatcha gonna do? Texans brass made the decision. I like Matt as an emergency option if Good Matt gets hurt.

Green Bling
09-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Texans signed him.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/452946-houston-texans-to-football-world-we-also-exist

trojandad
09-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I'd rather have kept Booty and given him the 3 spot, signed Leinhart and released Dan O, but whatcha gonna do? Texans brass made the decision. I like Matt as an emergency option if Good Matt gets hurt.

i always liked booty......thought i was alone on that one.....(no bootie jokes, please)....:eek: :eek:

STANG RED
09-06-2010, 04:12 PM
:thinking: Soooooooo, how much do professional clipboard holders make in the NFL these days? Hell, I'm fat and 50, but I'm pretty sure I could do it as well as this guy.;)

trojandad
09-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
:thinking: Soooooooo, how much do professional clipboard holders make in the NFL these days? Hell, I'm fat and 50, but I'm pretty sure I could do it as well as this guy.;)

play a couple of years with someone taking down a major university while tarnishing the heisman and YOU, TOO can hold a million a year clipboard :clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
09-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Texans signed him.

slpybear the bullfan
09-06-2010, 10:17 PM
So, I guess those Texans came out smelling like the winners in the 2006 Draft?

Today, in 2010, who would you want on your team out of...

Mario Williams
Vince Young
Reggie Bush
Matt Leinert

???

sinton66
09-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

Mario Williams
Vince Young
Reggie Bush
Matt Leinert

???

The first two.....:D

trojandad
09-06-2010, 10:22 PM

Mario Williams
Vince Young
Reggie Bush
Matt Leinert

???

what?? no marcus vick option?!?!? :foul: :foul: :foul:

DDBooger
09-06-2010, 10:23 PM

Mario Williams
Vince Young
Reggie Bush
Matt Leinert

??? Nick Mangold, best Center in the League. One of the highest paid lineman too.

Santonio Holmes, Superbowl MVP

Josepha Addai

DeAngelo Williams

crzyjournalist03
09-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Still think they should have gone VY over Mario Williams, but you can't argue with the results they've gotten to this point.

sinton66
09-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Nick Mangold, best Center in the League. One of the highest paid lineman too.

Santonio Holmes, Superbowl MVP

Josepha Addai

DeAngelo Williams

LOL, those weren't in the choices.

DDBooger
09-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
LOL, those weren't in the choices. Yeah but he said,

And the most productive and in fact best players were closer to the middle and back end.