PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville is just a bunch of commies..

Looking4number8
09-04-2010, 05:13 PM
I dont think I have told this story before but it kind of says a lot for how our two towns look at each other because of football.

In the sping of 2002 (remember 911 was still fresh on everyones mind) my daughter was playing in a 10-under district softball tournament in Stephenville. Early on Saturday morning she, I and her little brother, who was 5 at the time, left the hotel and headed to the fields for an early morning game. Of course American flags were everywhere and Morgan (the 5 year old) looked up and saw all the flags.. he looked at me and said with surprise in his voice.

Americans.... Stephenville is Americans????

Charlie47
09-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I dont think I have told this story before but it kind of says a lot for how our two towns look at each other because of football.

In the sping of 2002 (remember 911 was still fresh on everyones mind) my daughter was playing in a 10-under district softball tournament in Stephenville. Early on Saturday morning she, I and her little brother, who was 5 at the time, left the hotel and headed to the fields for an early morning game. Of course American flags were everywhere and Morgan (the 5 year old) looked up and saw all the flags.. he looked at me and said with surprise in his voice.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

bigwood33
09-04-2010, 09:01 PM
You taught the boy well!

Trashman
09-04-2010, 09:04 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Pendragon13
09-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Well....are they? The question is still out there..:thinking:

BEAST
09-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Well....are they? The question is still out there..:thinking:

No they are not. They got to friendly with the UFOs a few years back.

BEAST

garciap77
09-04-2010, 10:53 PM

:D

Looking4number8
09-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
You taught the boy well!

Did you make it to Brownwood for Fridays game?