PDA

View Full Version : 20-3A

numberonefan
11-02-2003, 09:58 PM
Does anyone know the probable matchups for the first round for Diboll, Newton, and Jasper?

spiveyrat
11-03-2003, 08:07 AM
*bump*

southern_thunder
11-03-2003, 08:44 AM
District 19 is in such a mess that it want be known until after this week. The only thing that is know is that Groesbeck is in and depending on what happens Friday it could be a 3, 4, or 5 way tie for the other 2 spots.

JasperDog94
11-03-2003, 10:23 AM
I just hope that Jasper plays somewhere around the Conroe, Huntsville area so I can go to the game. :D

White&Crimson
11-03-2003, 05:37 PM
Well *I* hope they get over somewhere closer to central Texas so that I can see a game! :D
OR make it far enough into the playoffs that they'll be playing around Thanksgiving time...but we'll see.

spiveyrat
11-04-2003, 07:44 AM
White&Crimson:
Well *I* hope they get over somewhere closer to central Texas so that I can see a game! :D
OR make it far enough into the playoffs that they'll be playing around Thanksgiving time...but we'll see.They won't be playing any early playoff games anywhere near central Texas.

Bulldog92
11-04-2003, 08:39 AM
spiveyrat:

White&Crimson:
OR make it far enough into the playoffs that they'll be playing around Thanksgiving time...but we'll see.They won't be playing any early playoff games anywhere near central Texas.They could do something really different and fly to Seattle for a game...hehe. Now that's thinking out of the box. If the NBA can play games in Japan, then why not? :D

Festus1
11-05-2003, 11:39 AM
numberonefan:
Does anyone know the probable matchups for the first round for Diboll, Newton, and Jasper?As I understand it, Newton will probably meet Fairfield in Huntsville. If Groesbeck beats Mexia, Fairfield could go DI to play Jasper and Newton would probably play Crockett. If Mexia wins they would advance in DI and would play Jasper. In this scenario, Newton must beat Diboll, otherwise the situation would be switched and Diboll would meet that team.

southern_thunder
11-05-2003, 11:42 AM
Jasper is playing in Huntsville Friday the 14th at 7:30. Just dont know who yet.

eaglefan
11-05-2003, 12:32 PM
I'll help un-jumble the 19-3A scenario. First of all, there is no way that Fairfield is going to go D-I. They are the 3rd smallest school in the district with only Teague and Trinity smaller. Everyone thinks that Groesbeck is in for sure, but that is not the case. If Mexia, Fairfield, and Crockett all win this week then Groesbeck falls into a 4way tie for the district championship and is out of the playoffs due to the points system. Groesbeck, Fairfield, and Mexia all control their own destiny. If Groesbeck and Fairfield both lose and Teague beats Trinity, then Teague makes it in. Obviously it is very jumbled. Bottom lines though......Fairfield and Crockett will be the D-I schools in all probability, with Crockett the higher of the two. The winner of the Groesbeck and Mexia game will be the D-I representative and take on Jasper.