PDA

View Full Version : Sealy Tigers

957tiger
09-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Even on a field with standing water due to the deluge that happened 4 hours before game time the Tigers prevailed against a team that had been considered a worthy opponent. It was big play night for Sealy as they ran and passed at will.

The Panthers had several quick athletes that were elusive, but overall they were no match for the Tigers. It took six quarters of football before the defense gave up the first points of the season.
The Tigers have outscored their opponents 99-6.

millcreek
09-04-2010, 11:58 AM
St. Pius is way down this year, very obvious. I'm ready to see a good football game. This probably won't come until Brookshire. Tigers knocked Needville out of the playoffs the last two years; they may be out for blood. LaGrange is another team that could give the Tigers a little trouble.

The realignment of the district all but handed Sealy the district championship, but; I wouldn't overlook Brookshire.

BRfalconfan
09-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by millcreek
St. Pius is way down this year, very obvious. I'm ready to see a good football game. This probably won't come until Brookshire. Tigers knocked Needville out of the playoffs the last two years; they may be out for blood. LaGrange is another team that could give the Tigers a little trouble.

The realignment of the district all but handed Sealy the district championship, but; I wouldn't overlook Brookshire.

How did it hand them the district championship

wimbo_pro
09-04-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm ready to see a good football game. This probably won't come until Brookshire.

Millcreek...one of three things must be true regarding this comment that you made;

1) You aren't aware that you play Wimberley (IN Wimberley) in three weeks.

2) You think you play Brookshire BEFORE you play Wimberley.

3) You dont think Wimberley can give you a "good football game".

Which is it?

sTx979
09-04-2010, 12:51 PM
in my eyes I think the tigers are in the makings of becoming a great team. they still need to tighten things up on offense and will be ok once that happens

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
How did it hand them the district championship

yeah i dont agree with that either, i think BR and sealy willl play for the championship, whoever wins that game will not lose in district and the other will have only one loss, BR put up 37 on the tigers last year, but just couldn't stop the tigers O who put up 64

LE Dad
09-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Millcreek...one of three things must be true regarding this comment that you made;

Which is it? :eek: :p

wimbo_pro
09-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Inquiring minds wanna know!

Pudlugger
09-04-2010, 01:45 PM

Which is it?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers have one loss before Wimberley gets a shot at them.:1popcorn:

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers have one loss before Wimberley gets a shot at them.:1popcorn:

good one

wimbo_pro
09-04-2010, 02:26 PM

I know they'll have at least one AFTER they get their shot at Wimberley...

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-04-2010, 02:32 PM
I know they'll have at least one AFTER they get their shot at Wimberley...

lmao

wimbo_pro
09-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
lmao

Yeah...I know...its a little early for smack talk....lets give it two weeks from today and get back on it! LOL

millcreek
09-04-2010, 02:51 PM

Which is it?

Hey, no need to get chippy..

Don't know anything about Wimberley, other than they beat Cuero, who IMO is down this year.

LaGrange has a new head coach. Are they clicking? Pudlugger would know,,,What say you pudlugger?

I think Sealy's QB and offense is better than BR's. Better in the sense that Barrett is seasoned knows the offense and BR, I hear, has a new QB. Defense hasn't shown me anything, because SEALY HASN'T PLAYED ANYONE COMPETITIVE.

Believe me, the Tigers need some good competition.
Bring it Wimberley...

:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

wimbo_pro
09-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Hey, no need to get chippy..

Don't know anything about Wimberley, other than they beat Cuero, who IMO is down this year.

LaGrange has a new head coach. Are they clicking? Pudlugger would know,,,What say you pudlugger?

I think Sealy's QB and offense is better than BR's. Better in the sense that Barrett is seasoned knows the offense and BR, I hear, has a new QB. Defense hasn't shown me anything, because SEALY HASN'T PLAYED ANYONE COMPETITIVE.

Believe me, the Tigers need some good competition.
Bring it Wimberley...

:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Not being chippy...I was asking honestly. Because if its #3...that you dont think playing wimberley at home will qualify as "a good game"...you got another thing coming!

Pudlugger
09-04-2010, 02:58 PM
La Grange has been a pleasant surprise thus far with this new coaching crew and several young players moving into key slots. The players appear very comfortable with the new system and moral is high. Briefly the defense could be the best in our district and our offense has all the tools to be a big player in 3a. With a little more seasoning I expect we will turn some heads in the coming weeks.

millcreek
09-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Not being chippy...I was asking honestly. Because if its #3...that you dont think playing wimberley at home will qualify as "a good game"...you got another thing coming!

Can Wimberley only win at home? Homecooking?

jus sayin.. and just kidding..

millcreek
09-04-2010, 03:02 PM
La Grange has been a pleasant surprise thus far with this new coaching crew and several young players moving into key slots. The players appear very comfortable with the new system and moral is high. Briefly the defense could be the best in our district and our offense has all the tools to be a big player in 3a. With a little more seasoning I expect we will turn some heads in the coming weeks.

Thank you Pudluggger..

One of he most exciting games last year...Tigers and Leps..

wimbo_pro
09-04-2010, 03:02 PM

LOL...have heard that before. But in all honesty, I am looking forward to Sealy coming here. Always hear about them, know their long history (a bit anyways), look forward to seeing someone I have never seen before. Both teams should be hitting all cylinders by then...should be a great game. it's only about 90 miles or so away...you should come!

millcreek
09-04-2010, 03:05 PM
LOL...have heard that before. But in all honesty, I am looking forward to Sealy coming here. Always hear about them, know their long history (a bit anyways), look forward to seeing someone I have never seen before. Both teams should be hitting all cylinders by then...should be a great game. it's only about 90 miles or so away...you should come!

Oh, don't worry, Ill be there. Maybe a M&G...I'll be the one with long blonde hair..

wimbo_pro
09-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Oh, don't worry, Ill be there. Maybe a M&G...I'll be the one with long blonde hair..

MILLCREEK'S A CHICK??????

millcreek
09-04-2010, 03:08 PM
MILLCREEK'S A CHICK??????

ummm,,,ya

wimbo_pro
09-04-2010, 03:10 PM
ummm,,,ya

Oh.

LH Panther Mom
09-04-2010, 03:31 PM

:spitlol: :spitlol: :stirpot:

millcreek
09-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:spitlol: :spitlol: :stirpot:

Is it me, or did it just get very quiet?

LOL LHPanther Mom

wimbo_pro
09-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Is it me, or did it just get very quiet?

LOL LHPanther Mom

LOL...no, I had to skip out for a bit...I'm back now. Where were we? Oh yeah...

SHUT UP LHPM!!!

millcreek
09-04-2010, 11:06 PM
LOL...no, I had to skip out for a bit...I'm back now. Where were we? Oh yeah...

SHUT UP LHPM!!!

So, tell me a little bit about your team. Don't leave out anything. Do you run the spread or keep it on the ground?

gold_33
09-05-2010, 12:35 AM
Were mainly a spread team but have also switched up to the I also to get our running back Smith more involved and running downhill and it looks to be working out. Lookin forward to the Sealy game, its always exciting to face new teams during the season and gives us good competition and a good measuring stick on how good we are and what we need to work on!!

millcreek
09-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by gold_33
Were mainly a spread team but have also switched up to the I also to get our running back Smith more involved and running downhill and it looks to be working out. Lookin forward to the Sealy game, its always exciting to face new teams during the season and gives us good competition and a good measuring stick on how good we are and what we need to work on!!

A measuring stick is exactly what the Tigers are needing right now!

I don't want to b negative, but last year, we had a little trouble defending the spread. Our weaknesses on defense were exposed during the LaGrange game. They ran a good spread and our corners and safety pos. had some trouble. Luckily the offense was able to overcome. The last two games were not helpful, IMO, in exposing n e adjustments needed defensively. I do believe the offense will click,,,and as long as you score more points than your opponent..all's good..

Sounds like this could be a good matchup!

K-MAC Chuck
09-05-2010, 10:14 AM
So, tell me a little bit about your team. Don't leave out anything. Do you run the spread or keep it on the ground?

Very simply put...

Wimberley is a GREAT football team. The Wimberley/Sealy game very well could be the Region Game of the Week (just MHO)

wimbo_pro
09-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
Very simply put...

Wimberley is a GREAT football team. The Wimberley/Sealy game very well could be the Region Game of the Week (just MHO)

I hope so Chuck. Other than possibly Cuero, the Sealy match up could be our toughest game all year. I dont know much about them only that they are good. I am glad they are coming here!

wimbo_pro
09-06-2010, 09:15 AM
A measuring stick is exactly what the Tigers are needing right now!

I don't want to b negative, but last year, we had a little trouble defending the spread. Our weaknesses on defense were exposed during the LaGrange game. They ran a good spread and our corners and safety pos. had some trouble. Luckily the offense was able to overcome. The last two games were not helpful, IMO, in exposing n e adjustments needed defensively. I do believe the offense will click,,,and as long as you score more points than your opponent..all's good..

Sounds like this could be a good matchup!

MillCreek...in the past, we were close to 50-50 on plays, but I bet when this year is done, we will be 60-40 run or more, with scrambles adding to the numbers. Our QB has good legs and is a strong runner, not to mention Dennis Smith as RB. Our special teams are decent, with a good kicking game. Our defense is improving, but injuries have hurt it more than the offense. If we plan to make a DEEP run in the play offs, its our defense that needs to improve the most. I feel sure Coach Smith will get this accomplished.

millcreek
09-07-2010, 01:48 PM
MillCreek...in the past, we were close to 50-50 on plays, but I bet when this year is done, we will be 60-40 run or more, with scrambles adding to the numbers. Our QB has good legs and is a strong runner, not to mention Dennis Smith as RB. Our special teams are decent, with a good kicking game. Our defense is improving, but injuries have hurt it more than the offense. If we plan to make a DEEP run in the play offs, its our defense that needs to improve the most. I feel sure Coach Smith will get this accomplished.

Substituting the names, this post describes the Tigers as well.
I'm not going to say the defense needs to improve, they just haven't been tested yet.

This game should really be something.

I hope your Wimberley team is healthy when we meet up. Someone hinted this may be GOTW?

Merci for the post!

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Substituting the names, this post describes the Tigers as well.
I'm not going to say the defense needs to improve, they just haven't been tested yet.

This game should really be something.

I hope your Wimberley team is healthy when we meet up. Someone hinted this may be GOTW?

Merci for the post!

No, the injuries I refer to will last longer than late September...in fact, all but one has been told they are season ending injuries. But, the boys haven't given up on a strong recovery, so we plan to move on without them, with hopes of seeing them SAFELY return late this year.

Assuming we play at least 90% of our offensive potential, your defense will definitely be tested. But we are still young, and mistakes are made...and it seems the intensity ebbs and flows too much, and they not sure of just how they should keep it steady. Thats to be expected from young teams early in the season. It must be fixed by the play offs.

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 04:43 PM
It would appear to me (after my very unofficial inquiry into Sealy's capabilities) that Sealy and Wimberley seem to be somewhat evenly matched this year. The latest rankings by Campbell seem to agree as well. Add to it Wimberley's very tough pre-district schedule, and I think we will be a worthy opponent this year!

SHSBulldog00
09-07-2010, 07:38 PM
There is still alot of football still to be played.

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
There is still alot of football still to be played.

Of course, Bulldog. I am just talking with what is being ranked by the press and others, and by what we have seen so far in just 2 games.

SHSBulldog00
09-07-2010, 07:43 PM
I agree! I just think Region IV is tougher than the other three regions give us credit for.

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
I agree! I just think Region IV is tougher than the other three regions give us credit for.

I am confused...what town are you from?

SHSBulldog00
09-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Sweeny

SHSBulldog00
09-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Sealy was in our district a few years ago. They do have a good team.

GiddingsFan
09-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Sealy was really good last year.. not sure who they lost to graduation.. but they were good.

wimbo_pro
09-07-2010, 07:51 PM
well...they are ranked higher than we are, so we are taking them seriously (not that we dont take other lesser ranked seriously...I think you get my point).

Bone Pile
09-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Wait till yall play us guys on the north side of the county. We will send the little tiggers packing their pride in a paper sack. Yall do have big egos. BUT do ya have the juevos to back it up. I know you dont. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Bone Pile
Wait till yall play us guys on the north side of the county. We will send the little tiggers packing their pride in a paper sack. Yall do have big egos. BUT do ya have the juevos to back it up. I know you dont. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GOOD ONE... See you at the game

teetle
09-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Yous better takes thee Tigers seriously. Yous going toes bes like all the restes. yous going to says that Jimmie he be good. He know what he be doing. Tigers for real. Jimmie, he be for real too.:D :eek: :eek: :D