PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 2 GotW Battle of the Bell: Rockdale Tigers Vs. Cameron Yoemen

R3Editor
09-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Historic Rivalry which should be a good one. Who you got?

WOS87
09-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by R3Editor
Historic Rivalry which should be a good one. Who you got?

You beat La Vega... I'm going with the Yoemen :)

Yoe_09
09-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Im ready for this one....make sure you vote for this as the marquee matchup of the week at: Marquee Matchup (http://www.kwtx.com/254marqueematchup)

Milk That Cow
09-04-2010, 12:22 AM
I'll be watching Rockdale and Cameron for the first time Friday and it should be a great ballgame...

With all the hype about Cameron Yoe it's gonna be real interesting to see if Rockdale can win on the road and keep the Bell...

If the Tigers win this battle(as I shared before) Jeff Miller will become the Best Coach Rockdale has had since they won State in 1976...

87 TIGER
09-04-2010, 12:39 AM
He's already won it twice in 3 years, pretty darn good.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-04-2010, 01:02 AM
what's the overall again? Regardless, he better get ready to break even.

trojandad
09-04-2010, 01:43 PM
from what i read, should be a great game....i'd give an edge to yoe only for home field....yoe by a point, so obviously a toss up....

good luck to both.....

Coach BS
09-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Cameron always has a huge home field advantage. Rockdale will have to play the best football they have played this year to win or even keep it close. Great game with electricity in the air, and lots of talented players on both sides of the ball.

Cameron 30
Rockdale 27

Daddy D 11
09-06-2010, 10:44 AM
cameron>rockdale

BaseballUmp
09-06-2010, 12:58 PM
I knew you were smart DD lol

Daddy D 11
09-06-2010, 03:07 PM
lol

Rabid Cougar
09-06-2010, 05:07 PM
It won't be close.

Peribalo

garciap77
09-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Rockdale Tigers

buff4ever
09-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Isn't Cameron like #3 in 1a or something like that:D :D

Are there not 2 3a teams that are playing each other in this region this week?

I say Rockdale wins this game.

Caldwell_Raider
09-07-2010, 06:58 PM
I think Cameron ends up winning this one by 7.

Yoe_09
09-07-2010, 08:34 PM
On a side note, the Yoemen will be holding a special BOTB edition pep-rally this Wednesday at 7pm by the Gym. The band, cheerleaders, Yoemen Brigade(soon to be Bell Brigade) should all be there. There will also be a yellow and blue car(pics as shown) available for smashing. So if your in the area come on out along with your sledgehammer and get a preview of what is going to happen Friday night.

http://u.jimdo.com/www26/o/s06f2afb63cfccbae/img/i68c5f1cfeb185e07/1283909475/thumb/image.jpg

http://u.jimdo.com/www26/o/s06f2afb63cfccbae/img/i051ae3aac3c0f964/1283909485/thumb/image.jpg

Rabid Cougar
09-08-2010, 05:58 AM
Ah .. just like old times..

Yoefan11
09-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Yoemen by at least 14. Rockdale doesn't have the defense to stop all of the weapons cameron has on offense, and I think Cameron's speedy d and lock down secondary will help shut down just about everything Rockdale throws at them.

Plus, this game is rarely ever close, especially in recent years.

Mark my words, it will get nasty...quick. The Yoemen aint no joke this year kids...

Coach BS
09-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Cameron doesnt need a lock down secondary , Rockdale doesnt pass. You are right though, this game has been blow outs both ways the last 4 years

Yoe_09
09-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Yeah ive heard Rockdale cannot pass at all.

The Yoemen did make a trip to A&M Consolidated yesterday to practice. We are only a few short days away.

Old Tiger
09-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
On a side note, the Yoemen will be holding a special BOTB edition pep-rally this Wednesday at 7pm by the Gym. The band, cheerleaders, Yoemen Brigade(soon to be Bell Brigade) should all be there. There will also be a yellow and blue car(pics as shown) available for smashing. So if your in the area come on out along with your sledgehammer and get a preview of what is going to happen Friday night.

http://u.jimdo.com/www26/o/s06f2afb63cfccbae/img/i68c5f1cfeb185e07/1283909475/thumb/image.jpg

http://u.jimdo.com/www26/o/s06f2afb63cfccbae/img/i051ae3aac3c0f964/1283909485/thumb/image.jpg I didn't know yall were playing Leonard Tigers this weekend. I thought it was BOTB

Old Tiger
09-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Yoefan11
Yoemen by at least 14. Rockdale doesn't have the defense to stop all of the weapons cameron has on offense, and I think Cameron's speedy d and lock down secondary will help shut down just about everything Rockdale throws at them.

Plus, this game is rarely ever close, especially in recent years.

Mark my words, it will get nasty...quick. The Yoemen aint no joke this year kids... Rockdale's defense is the strong part of the team. It will come down to Cameron's run defense IMO.

Yoe_09
09-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I didn't know yall were playing Leonard Tigers this weekend. I thought it was BOTB

Just got the message from the painter its ROYAL BLUE & GOLD....but it dosent really matter.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Rockdale's defense is the strong part of the team. It will come down to Cameron's run defense IMO.

yeah especially since the Cameron QB is already over 500 yards in two games.....

King_LeYoeNidas
09-08-2010, 09:23 PM

http://u.jimdo.com/www26/o/s06f2afb63cfccbae/img/i051ae3aac3c0f964/1283909485/thumb/image.jpg

Good times indeed return....wonder if McNabb will still jump up and smash his head into the hood....

c-town_balla
09-08-2010, 09:50 PM
I went and saw Cameron Vs Connally. They looked pretty good and all I've heard is problems with Rockdale. So, I got my Yoe in this one.

Yoe_09
09-08-2010, 10:45 PM
This was great tonight. Me and a few others were thinking that maybe everyone couldn't be there tonight so if you missed the car you will get to see it again very soon in person....haha.

http://u.jimdo.com/www26/o/s06f2afb63cfccbae/img/iaf30d51316b48c5b/1284003850/thumb/image.jpg

http://u.jimdo.com/www26/o/s06f2afb63cfccbae/img/i844fc05b649853c9/1284003863/thumb/image.jpg

Coach BS
09-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
yeah especially since the Cameron QB is already over 500 yards in two games..... and Rockdales RB 500 yds in 2 games......

Yoe_09
09-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS
and Rockdales RB 500 yds in 2 games......

but we run & pass and we didnt play Austin Eastside.

87 TIGER
09-09-2010, 03:16 PM
but we run & pass and we didnt play Austin Eastside. True but I think yall have Buckoults and Minerva coming up on your schedule.:rolleyes:

Yoe_09
09-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
True but I think yall have Buckoults and Minerva coming up on your schedule.:rolleyes:

We cant help that. I know that teams in our district such as Academy, Florence, Hearne, and even Troy may not be very competitive from what ive heard. Im just glad we didn't schedule the cupcake teams early in the season.

Yoe_09
09-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Alrighty, im heading out to the Freshmen/JV games tonight in Rockdale.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-09-2010, 04:33 PM
True but I think yall have Buckoults and Minerva coming up on your schedule.:rolleyes:

yeah because we totally scheduled our district....oh wait, the UIL did that. YOU GUYS are the one's who SCHEDULED the powerhouse Salado and Austin what's it called.

Yoefan11
09-10-2010, 11:02 AM

hold up hold up HOLD UP! Buckholts and Minerva? Naw playboy, lets look at the facts...First off...we're in 2A now, can't help that..but we can help the 1st half of our schedule, which is why we decided to schedule quality 3A teams with the exception of one that we HAD to play (Rockdale). Look at the facts:

Waco Connally....could probably mop yall...played a barnburner against Groesbeck last week, DEFINATELY a high octane team with a lot of scoring potential...we nearly shut them out (Oh, and BTW...they were supposed to have a some kind of pound it out ground game that would wear down our D...goodluck with yalls "500 yd rusher"...scrubs)

La Vega....pre-season ranked #20 by Dave Cambell's magazine, had a 14-0 halftime lead over 3A #6 Ranked Prosper in week 1, ended up losing by 3 I believe? I may be wrong on that but i know it was a one possession game.

Navasota....in yall's district, playoff pick loaded with D1 talent at RB and LB as well as OLine (if im not mistaken they have a OL coming back for his Senior season thats HUGE), AND we're playing them there...picked higher than yall in district...and quite frankly..they've been yalls worst nightmare in just about EVERY sport since the last re-alignment.

Are district isn't exactly a cake walk either...McGregor is state ranked, and I hear Florence or Troy (or both) aren't a joke this year...Hearne and Marlin always has ATH at every position...so get off that "little school, weak schedule mentality"...it doesn't work with the Yoe.

Who do yall play besides us before district starts? A start up school, and a salado program that couldnt compete with our programs 3-0 JV team.

On another note:

ITS GAME DAY BABY! Yoe 34 Rockdale 14!!!!

DING DING DING!!! :clap:

Bearkat
09-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Taking the YOEMEN in the Battle of the Bell.

Coach BS
09-10-2010, 02:59 PM
uh oh, yoefan 11 got all upset.
The way I see it all the pressure is on Cameron this year. Top 10 ranked , picked to win dist. predicted to go ALL THE WAY TO STATE. Best team they have had in years. Playing Rockdale picked 5th out of 6 teams not ranked tons of seniors graduated last year, soph QB, no recievers, Jr RB Looks to be about 6-7 seniors starting. Cameron should blow them out.
Rockdale has nothing to lose , except the bell, which sounds like crap this new bell is a piece of $#!#.
Cant wait, this game is gonna be a clasasic. See you guys there.

Old Tiger
09-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Defense people defense.

1. Will Cameron be able to stop the run? If so they win but if they can't Rockdale wins

2. Can Rockdale slow down the Cameron spread? I don't think they will stop it but we will see if they can slow it down.

3. Special Teams

Yoe_09
09-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Defense people defense.

1. Will Cameron be able to stop the run? If so they win but if they can't Rockdale wins

2. Can Rockdale slow down the Cameron spread? I don't think they will stop it but we will see if they can slow it down.

3. Special Teams

1. Good points. IMO we have done really pretty well against the run but we will see. Defense is supposed to be our greatest asset this year.

2. No one is going to stop our offense. Containment would be the key.

3. Special teams is very important. Last week it cost us 7 points which led to the game being a lot closer than it should have been. In the game against Connally we had good field position all night and made all of our extra points. Same with La Vega, along with the 33 yard FG to secure the game with like 4 minutes left.

Old Tiger
09-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Did you see my cousin tear it up on the JV last night? 2 TD's(one pick 6 and one punt block that he recovered and returned for a TD) plus a forced fumble

Coach BS
09-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Pretty bold statement yoe 09 that No One will stop camerons offense

Coach BS
09-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Yoefan 11, I hear florence and troy are pretty scary, maybe you could switch one of those games with Giddings so you could get an easy win.

Yoe_09
09-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Did you see my cousin tear it up on the JV last night? 2 TD's(one pick 6 and one punt block that he recovered and returned for a TD) plus a forced fumble

Yes, he was pretty much tearing it up last night. The Cameron JV did basically did what they wanted against Rockdale. Honestly looked like the Freshmen team was better overall than the JV for Rockdale.

87 TIGER
09-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Yes, he was pretty much tearing it up last night. The Cameron JV did basically did what they wanted against Rockdale. Honestly looked like the Freshmen team was better overall than the JV for Rockdale. The freshman probably are better than the JV, because most of the sophs and jr's are all on varsity. You can check out our JV tonight in Cameron. ha ha jk
The freshman really missed the RB last night , I'll have to tell ol Munchi it would have been different if he was on the field.

Old Tiger
09-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Yes, he was pretty much tearing it up last night. The Cameron JV did basically did what they wanted against Rockdale. Honestly looked like the Freshmen team was better overall than the JV for Rockdale. The freshmen team was also playing without their best player who is a starting linebacker on varsity.

Yoe_09
09-10-2010, 04:24 PM
The freshman probably are better than the JV, because most of the sophs and jr's are all on varsity. You can check out our JV tonight in Cameron. ha ha jk
The freshman really missed the RB last night , I'll have to tell ol Munchi it would have been different if he was on the field.

Yeah idk the last two years we were able to beat Rockdale with that RB on the field....but this year we really just arent looking that great early. We have a few players hurt but still idk.

Yoefan11
09-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Coach BS
Yoefan 11, I hear florence and troy are pretty scary, maybe you could switch one of those games with Giddings so you could get an easy win.

Sorry...couldn't hear you over the bell..what was that?

Like i said, we can't help our district, and i believe I said "I heard their no joke"...meaning i really don't know. All I know is...we're playing top tier 3a teams in our preseason (excluding the garbage rockdale put on the field tonight) and taking what UIL gives us in district.

Honestly...I don't even care about the schedules anymore...our teams went head to head tonight...and all I know is that our boys went out and took care of their business...and yalls..well..huh...:thinking: ? The point is...our squad is better than yours...yall's QB is trash, offense is extremely predictable, and yall will be lucky if your defense can keep you in a game long enough to accidentally score on someone enough times to win another game this season (but by the way the RDale D was huffing and puffing in the 2nd Qtr...i wouldn't get my hopes up).

But hey BS...since you like talkin about schedules...good luck with that grueling district yall got there...and hope the cameron coaches don't give navasota the game film from tonight...cause if they do...Navasota is gonna make yall look more like pussycat dolls rather than Tigers.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-11-2010, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Yoefan11
Sorry...couldn't hear you over the bell..what was that?

Like i said, we can't help our district, and i believe I said "I heard their no joke"...meaning i really don't know. All I know is...we're playing top tier 3a teams in our preseason (excluding the garbage rockdale put on the field tonight) and taking what UIL gives us in district.

Honestly...I don't even care about the schedules anymore...our teams went head to head tonight...and all I know is that our boys went out and took care of their business...and yalls..well..huh...:thinking: ? The point is...our squad is better than yours...yall's QB is trash, offense is extremely predictable, and yall will be lucky if your defense can keep you in a game long enough to accidentally score on someone enough times to win another game this season (but by the way the RDale D was huffing and puffing in the 2nd Qtr...i wouldn't get my hopes up).

But hey BS...since you like talkin about schedules...good luck with that grueling district yall got there...and hope the cameron coaches don't give navasota the game film from tonight...cause if they do...Navasota is gonna make yall look more like pussycat dolls rather than Tigers.

well.....while I wouldn't say that in such a ......not nice way, those points are hard to argue. The offense was VERY predictable and based on the QB's "accuracy," it's easy to see why they run so often. The defense while solid MUST get some endurance as they definately were sucking wind second half. I think Rockdale will be fine come district time but there are some things that need to be addressed.

Yoe_09
09-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
well.....while I wouldn't say that in such a ......not nice way, those points are hard to argue. The offense was VERY predictable and based on the QB's "accuracy," it's easy to see why they run so often. The defense while solid MUST get some endurance as they definately were sucking wind second half. I think Rockdale will be fine come district time but there are some things that need to be addressed.

I have to agree. Rockdale does need to work on quite a bit but I think they could surprise some people in D23.

Old Tiger
09-11-2010, 11:37 AM
I have to agree. Rockdale does need to work on quite a bit but I think they could surprise some people in D23. Adding some option would probably be great for the offense.

Yoe_09
09-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Adding some option would probably be great for the offense.

Yeah, totally. I think the sweep and run up the middle aren't bad, but adding more of an option and wildcat(somewhat like what I saw last night) wouldn't be a bad idea imo.