oldtownag
09-03-2010, 10:53 PM
47 - 41 Tatum with 5:31 left

wimbo_pro
09-03-2010, 10:55 PM
oh my.

banderafan
09-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Man, what time did they start this game? It's late.

oldtownag
09-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
oh my.

And Tatum has the ball

M-town lobo fan
09-03-2010, 11:04 PM
keep us posted on the final

bobcat4life
09-03-2010, 11:08 PM
final?

oldtownag
09-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Tatum takes over with less than 1 minute to go.

Gobbler Fan
09-03-2010, 11:09 PM
:confused: what a year this is going to be in 3a

oldtownag
09-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Tatum 47 - Gilmer 41 Final

I think! The only thing that sucks worse than the Tatum broadcast was the Gilmer broadcast.

Gilmer home win streak broken.

LE Dad
09-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Dang!!!! I was hoping the win streak would be on the line in 2 weeks.:mad: :o :mad:

Global Swarming
09-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Is Tatum 2A or did they move up?

Aesculus gilmus
09-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming

Tatum WAS 3A until February. It still has 3A numbers (447 as of a week ago). But it reported 421 last October so it is one of the largest 2As for 2010-11.

oldtownag
09-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming

Top 10 2A

Aesculus gilmus
09-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Here's another thing. I agree they deserved the win and have a really good team. But many of the Tatumites are spreading the erroneous info that the last time we had lost at home until tonight was also to them in 2000.

No, the last time we lost at home was in 2002 to Pine Tree, 14-7. The last district game we lost was in 2000 in Tatum in a driving rainstorm. Final was 14-6, Tatum. I was at both games, and I remember them well. Nearly ran off the road making the drive that night in 2000 because it was raining so hard.

BaseballUmp
09-03-2010, 11:32 PM
#5 in the AP poll

oldtownag
09-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Streaks always come to a end. Congrats on the great run.

buckeyebob
09-04-2010, 06:39 AM
A long hard game...congrats to Bulldogs for pulling it out

WOS1
09-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Yep, after a while they become more of a distraction than anything... good job on the streak Gilmer. You're probably better off now that it's over. Here's to starting a new one!;)

LH Panther Mom
09-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by banderafan
Man, what time did they start this game? It's late.
Two spread teams duking it out doesn't use up a lot of clock time. I was trading texts on the game. We were at the top of the 4th just a few minutes after Gilmer/Tatum started halftime! :D

Pawdaddy
09-04-2010, 09:45 PM
I stand corrected on my Gilmer prediction. Tatum is big, fast and if the first team I have seen play Gilmer in the first two weeks of the season in several years that conditioning proved a huge edge in Gilmer's favor. Great game for fans on both sides of the field. Tatum definitely has what it takes to make a long playoff run. Could their paths cross with Daingerfield? If so, that will be my game of the week, I don't care what other teams are playing including the Cowboys, Aggies, and Pritchett!

Pawdaddy
09-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
I stand corrected on my Gilmer prediction. Tatum is big, fast and if the first team I have seen play Gilmer in the first two weeks of the season in several years that conditioning proved a huge edge in Gilmer's favor. Great game for fans on both sides of the field. Tatum definitely has what it takes to make a long playoff run. Could their paths cross with Daingerfield? If so, that will be my game of the week, I don't care what other teams are playing including the Cowboys, Aggies, and Pritchett!

Sorry, conditioning did NOT fall in favor of Gilmer.

Buckeye80
09-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Just caught the second half last night, but man did Tatum reload after a couple of down seasons!!!!! That RB, Allen, was the fastest player on the field except for the Tatum QB! Both are phenomenal athletes and very difficult to tackle!
On our side, I can't recall a Gilmer team smaller than this one! We are TINY on the defensive side of the ball, and get blown off the line of scrimmage repeatedly! That being said, the one thing I never question about a Buckeye team is their heart, and this one has a lot of it!
And shame on you Gilmer "fans" I heard bad mouthing this team after that game! Most of you know nothing about football and show up for your little social gathering on Friday night and distract the rest of us with your blabber about how bad the Buckeyes look! Those of us with functional brains realized that this team was going to be a different team than we are used to. This team is VERY young and VERY inexperienced! They are making mistakes right now and alot of them, but what did you expect? I hate to burst your collective bubble, but the Buckeyes are not always the best team on the field. You're spoiled spoiled spoiled!!!! Go ahead and do the true Buckeye fans a favor, and find another team to "support" if that's what you call it. We will all be just fine without your pot stirring and uninformed incessant babble!

Go Buckeyes!!!!!!!

Aesculus gilmus
09-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
You're spoiled spoiled spoiled!!!! Go ahead and do the true Buckeye fans a favor, and find another team to "support" if that's what you call it. We will all be just fine without your pot stirring and uninformed incessant babble!

Go Buckeyes!!!!!!!

I don't mean to offend, but I doubt if any of the "fair weather" fans are reading 3ADL. You made some good points, no doubt. It's just that your intended audience is not here.

waterboy
09-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Just caught the second half last night, but man did Tatum reload after a couple of down seasons!!!!! That RB, Allen, was the fastest player on the field except for the Tatum QB! Both are phenomenal athletes and very difficult to tackle!
On our side, I can't recall a Gilmer team smaller than this one! We are TINY on the defensive side of the ball, and get blown off the line of scrimmage repeatedly! That being said, the one thing I never question about a Buckeye team is their heart, and this one has a lot of it!
And shame on you Gilmer "fans" I heard bad mouthing this team after that game! Most of you know nothing about football and show up for your little social gathering on Friday night and distract the rest of us with your blabber about how bad the Buckeyes look! Those of us with functional brains realized that this team was going to be a different team than we are used to. This team is VERY young and VERY inexperienced! They are making mistakes right now and alot of them, but what did you expect? I hate to burst your collective bubble, but the Buckeyes are not always the best team on the field. You're spoiled spoiled spoiled!!!! Go ahead and do the true Buckeye fans a favor, and find another team to "support" if that's what you call it. We will all be just fine without your pot stirring and uninformed incessant babble!

Go Buckeyes!!!!!!!
Fortunately, there weren't any of those type of fans near me or they would've gotten a piece of my mind!:mad: They bother me, too! I made a LOT of noise, and stayed until the clock struck 0:00, even though I knew it was over with about a minute left. I even walked onto the field to give words of encouragement to our Buckeyes, AND congratulated Tatum fans all the way to the truck. It was a heart-wrenching loss for the Buckeyes, and a BIG win for Tatum. Even with five turnovers and many dropped passes (2 TDs for sure and several 3rd down passes) Gilmer nearly pulled it off. To me, that shows HEART. This Buckeye team may not have the size and speed of teams past, but they definitely have every bit as big of hearts! I will be there for the Buckeyes win or lose.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Sounds like a great game.:)

waterboy
09-07-2010, 10:11 AM
It was a good game, even though we came up short. Like I said, turnovers and dropped passes were the things that cost the Buckeyes the game. Those type of mistakes are very uncharacteric of the Buckeyes and correctable, and I think they will be corrected. It's been a while since we lost, so emotions are going to be a little somber for sure. We have to prepare for a good 4A playoff team in Jacksonville now. If the mistakes are corrected we will win, in my opinion.:thumbsup: Chalk this loss up as experience and move on....:cool: Tatum is big, fast, experienced, and will make a lot of noise in 2A this year.