PDA

View Full Version : Tarkington upsets Coldspring

NewMan88
11-02-2002, 09:06 AM
The longhorns pulled off the biggest upset of the year for what looks like their only win of the season. They beat Coldspring 7-6. If they can upset the Trojans then the Panthers of Liberty better watch out for the upet next Friday against Cleveland!

panther_pride_04
11-02-2002, 09:56 AM
NewMan88:
The longhorns pulled off the biggest upset of the year for what looks like their only win of the season. They beat Coldspring 7-6. If they can upset the Trojans then the Panthers of Liberty better watch out for the upet next Friday against Cleveland!Hold up! Next Friday will be no upsets ...The way i see is tht something had to go down in tht game for them Longhorns to win...coldsrpings had to have some injuries,ejections,didnt take them seriously, or jus some SYMPATHY for them since they hadnt put one in the winning column YET ...<bless there hearts>. And what makes you think tht jus bcs u pulled a upset, Cleveland will...Go watch some more "Angels in the outfield" or something....

RBARKER
11-02-2002, 11:08 AM
How in the world could this happen! Coldsprings has a great team. Hey, CSQB7 if your on here give us a re cap. BH plays Tarkington next week what do we have to look foward too?

FBmania
11-02-2002, 12:15 PM
COLDSPRINGS lost their QB early and then had some turn overs.( Huntsville Item )

CSplaya12
11-02-2002, 12:34 PM
ya thats what happend...we lost our qb early and we di9dnt take them seriously...we had many times to pull away and break the game open but turnovers caught up to us

RBARKER
11-02-2002, 04:10 PM
How is the Coldsprings QB doing it wasn't serious was it? Will he be able to play next week?

LP-DB
11-02-2002, 05:43 PM
CS is so much a better team than tarkingto..but tarkington musta coe out and played there best game of teh season and CS musta played there worst game..i heard that they lost the QB earlya nd other things happened..replya nd let em know whats going on..and Barbers hill..coem out and practice like usual next week and go play football adn you have nuthing to worry about a shutout is almost definate..

ElMeroMero
11-03-2002, 11:42 AM
I bet their QB was still feeling the hit from the BH game.

borfmen010
11-03-2002, 06:42 PM
Blaine, take some damn typing lessons.

CSQB7
11-04-2002, 02:22 PM
RBARKER:
How is the Coldsprings QB doing it wasn't serious was it? Will he be able to play next week?I'M DOING FINE
I WILL PLAY THIS WEEK

AggieJohn
11-04-2002, 02:33 PM
good job tarkington.. i knew that coldsprings wasn't that hard to take...kind of goes to show what i was saying earlier...your doomed to defeat if you don't have the 3 aspects of the game covered...special teams, offense and deffense....coldsprings has 2 out of the 3....heck of a qb, heck of a d-line, just no kicker....i knew this could happen...good job tarkington...good job tark qb brackett{sp?}

RBARKER
11-04-2002, 07:52 PM
CSQB7:

RBARKER:
How is the Coldsprings QB doing it wasn't serious was it? Will he be able to play next week?I'M DOING FINE
I WILL PLAY THIS WEEKGreat to hear your ok. Hope you can get healthy because you got to go into the playoffs an represent 22-3A Div II. good luck during the playoffs.

CSQB7
11-05-2002, 11:02 AM
RBARKER:

CSQB7:

RBARKER:
I WILL PLAY THIS WEEKGreat to hear your ok. Hope you can get healthy because you got to go into the playoffs an represent 22-3A Div II. good luck during the playoffs.I want to tell you personally that if yall go into this game half steppin Tarkington will show.They will play 4 Quarters of ball when we played yall for the title I strained my left shoulder and I made it worst playin Tark. but if that wouldnt of happened it would been a different outcome they really couldnt stop my run but when Igot hit I would have muscle spasm in my neck and shoulder and it would just tighten up. I scored the only touchdown for us with that problem so jus think.But yall should kill them better yet kill them for yall and play the rest for us.We need something good to talk about. And to Liberty no hard feeling go get them Indians!!!!!!!!

NewMan88
11-05-2002, 01:34 PM
First of all, to the guy from Liberty who thinks that I must be from Tarkington to have typed this post you are wrong. I am NOT from Tarkington. As a matter of fact I was just as surprised as the next man that they won. But don't go around making excuses why you lose. The key to being a real adult and good sport is to admit that on any given night any team can lose. Now if you want to blame it on injuries and what not then go ahead but the fact of the matter the Longhorns won and if the Trojans did not take them seriously because they had not won a gam then that is their fault for not preparing to win.

Losers make excuses and "real" winners accept the consequences no matter what, good or bad.

AggieJohn
11-05-2002, 02:22 PM
NewMan88:
First of all, to the guy from Liberty who thinks that I must be from Tarkington to have typed this post you are wrong. I am NOT from Tarkington. As a matter of fact I was just as surprised as the next man that they won. But don't go around making excuses why you lose. The key to being a real adult and good sport is to admit that on any given night any team can lose. Now if you want to blame it on injuries and what not then go ahead but the fact of the matter the Longhorns won and if the Trojans did not take them seriously because they had not won a gam then that is their fault for not preparing to win.

Losers make excuses and "real" winners accept the consequences no matter what, good or bad.woah boss....never said that i was making excuses...i just was saying that i saw loopholes in cs football program..and yes their is problems in Lib fball program...and sometimes it is in special teams...i was just explaining that i could seehow they could get beat and lose their perfect season.....as far as thinking your from tarkington..i could care less if your from liberty...these are posts made by mature sports players and fans..if your going to accuse me of being a child by putting up posts then so be it....that's your choice....

NewMan88
11-06-2002, 08:09 AM
explayer2001, I was not talking to you I was referring to panther pride 04, the way he responded made it sound as if he thought I was a Longhorn or something. I am not.
The main point I was trying to get across was that Tarkington pulled off a major upset by beating the third beswt team in their district, considering that they are the worst team.

My other statements were to remind that other guy that you should not go around making excuses when you lose. You need to just grow some sack and accept the fact that you failed to prepare properly and by doing so you prepared yourself to fail. I just don't like it when I see people get on here and say we were so much better than those guys who beat us, we just did not take them seriously. What a load of crud that is. If you can't handle taking every team you play seriously then that is a weak point in your particular team, whether it is the players or the coaches who do it.

Just don't make excuses is the bottom line.