PDA

View Full Version : Dripping Springs at Wimberley

wimbo_pro
09-03-2010, 10:20 PM
14 33, Wimberley with just a couple minutes in the game.

wimbo_pro
09-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Wimberley looked 'ok', nothing spectacular tonight. They had to dig deep to get things rolling in the 2nd half, and they did. But there is a lot of work to do to really be considered in the top 10 as a serious contender. I know its only the 2nd game...but I see a few things that concern me. I am sure the coaches see it too, and I am sure they will focus on these things.

A good win...but I doubt anyone is jumping up and down over this one. We can be much better than this. Back to work, gentlemen!!!

gold_33
09-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Oline looked sloppy in first half, looked better in 2nd half when Lambert went to more straight drop back passing instead of rolling out. The D looked solid after the first drive of the game and looked to make adjustments to pressure DS QB who was a pretty good ball player. Dennis is running as good as Ive seen him run, when we go to the I formation in the 4th it looks very hard to stop, DS and Cuero both seemed to get worn out by it and we could drive the field realitively easy. Lambert was solid and no turnovers and thats what we need from him, just manage the game and get us in scoring position. This team has the makings to be very good they just need to keep getting better and Nelms' teams usually get stronger as the season moves on and if we do that we're gonna be tough to beat.

wimbo_pro
09-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Agreed Gold_33, we are going to be fine. I am not all that impressed with the roll-out passing game as of yet, Lambert is far better in the pocket. We need that accuracy to keep the linebackers on their toes...well...backing up on their toes, to be exact. When we get that done, Dennis is even more powerful. You put Dennis one-on-one with defensive backs, and somebody is getting knocked down!!!

gold_33
09-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Dennis looked good receiving the ball, everyone threw his way he went up and caught and made the play. Lambert will get better as the season progresses and he learns the O more, he has some great scrambling skills already. The first quarter he looked off his game throwing some high passes that made our receivers go up and get but once he settled doen and started dropiing back and was able to throw without pressure he was on the money. Im excited to see whats in store for this team because we look alot like 05. The 05 team wasnt impressive in the first few games but found a way to win until they hit on all cylinders then they became unstoppable and i hope the same is in store for this team!!