PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum/La Grange updates?

29-3aFAN
09-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Ne1

29-3aFAN
09-03-2010, 08:48 PM
20-7 La Grange at the half

29-3aFAN
09-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Any word?

Pudlugger
09-03-2010, 10:45 PM
The Leps dominated the game winning 43-14. The Lep offense is beginning to gel and if they can limit the interceptions they will be hard to beat. The Lep D shut down the running game and again gets the game ball.

allforball
09-03-2010, 11:59 PM
According to Austin American Statesman...LG had 335 passing yards, 24/43, 3 INT, & 142 rushing yards.

gameface
09-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Leps played well. Sophomore QB Vinclarik had mucho time in the pocket to pick and choose his receivers-kudo's to the o-line tonight. Leps QB getting better every game despite few underthrown passes, however, Yoakum secondary were not a slouch, esp. tenacious #2. Wilkerson shined with a few one hand catches tonight despite double coverage-then again, left hand and foot served LG proud. The depth of our running backs continues to surface-Wilson showed his excellent speed and hunger for some endzone grazing. Defense-solid, explosive and keeps getting better-Foley stepped it up tonight along with Childs and Zbranek. Well coached and disciplined team. Mop up the Buffalo tears from tonight's Falcon attack at plastic pasture. There's a new Sheriff in town and his eight year drought is over.:cool:

hookandladder
09-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
The Leps dominated the game winning 43-14. The Lep offense is beginning to gel and if they can limit the interceptions they will be hard to beat. The Lep D shut down the running game and again gets the game ball.

I agree with you on limiting the int's however when you throw the ball 43 times in a game, int's will be hard to totally eliminate. I see it like baseball, just make sure the int's do not come at the wrong time. Defense played well again last night and the OL continue's to get better each week, as Gameface commented on the Coaching staff I also feel this is one of if not the best we have had in LG. Congrats to the Leps and Coaches.

Pudlugger
09-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Hook, I agree the O line was stellar last night. No holding calls and they opened huge holes for the rbs who blew through for 145 total yards rushing. The pass protection was solid giving our young qb plenty of time to find open receivers. The interceptions were not significant in the final score as our defense dominated. As the season progresses I see our sophomore qb gaining the necessary poise to really command this team with the kind of support he is getting from the o line, receivers and of course our defense.The Bull Dogs were huge on the o line and had some big rbs yet they were penned up all night by the aggressive play of Childs, Grayson, Foley, Zbranek, and Stupak along with the rest of the D. This defense will be very tough to run on as they have the speed to turn in the corners and the size and toughness to stop up the middle.

Yes these coaches have great chemistry. I was really impressed with the way they connected with the players on the side lines. You can tell that they know how to motivate these young men and give direction in a positive manner. They are a very professional coaching crew in my opinion.

Pudlugger
09-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Judging by how well the Lep second team and reserves performed last night I think this team has more depth than I've seen in a long time. That is another indication of good coaching in developing all the talent.

hookandladder
09-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Hook, I agree the O line was stellar last night. No holding calls and they opened huge holes for the rbs who blew through for 145 total yards rushing. The pass protection was solid giving our young qb plenty of time to find open receivers. The interceptions were not significant in the final score as our defense dominated. As the season progresses I see our sophomore qb gaining the necessary poise to really command this team with the kind of support he is getting from the o line, receivers and of course our defense.The Bull Dogs were huge on the o line and had some big rbs yet they were penned up all night by the aggressive play of Childs, Grayson, Foley, Zbranek, and Stupak along with the rest of the D. This defense will be very tough to run on as they have the speed to turn in the corners and the size and toughness to stop up the middle.

Yes these coaches have great chemistry. I was really impressed with the way they connected with the players on the side lines. You can tell that they know how to motivate these young men and give direction in a positive manner. They are a very professional coaching crew in my opinion.

Very true, can't wait til next week.

YTBulldogs
09-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Congrats LG, good team ya'll have. We are young and a year away.

Pudlugger
09-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Congrats LG, good team ya'll have. We are young and a year away.

Thanks. The Bull Dogs have some real fine players and I'm sure they will do well in district and advance in the playoffs this year. I liked the physicality of the 'Dogs especially #42, 67 and 78.

YTBulldogs
09-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks. The Bull Dogs have some real fine players and I'm sure they will do well in district and advance in the playoffs this year. I liked the physicality of the 'Dogs especially #42, 67 and 78.

We'll need to find a leader on this team, and get some blocking if we are to do anything in district.