PDA

View Full Version : Solid performance by Stephen McGee,Dallas Cowboys

Ruserious
09-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Way to go Stephen, you performed under pressure as expected to solidify your roster spot. Congrats!:D

waterboy
09-03-2010, 10:46 AM
He did very good, didn't he? The biggest thing to me was he made no turnovers. They were also playing Miami starters for most of the first half.

GUNHO
09-03-2010, 11:06 AM
When I saw the starters were not going to play I amost didn't watch.Turned out they did better than the starters have this preseason.Stephen did ok.Glad I watched.

Farmersfan
09-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Stephen is actually the highest rated QB for the Cowboys in this preseason. He finished last night with a very admirable QB rating in the 90's if I am correct. Way to go young man!

STANG RED
09-03-2010, 11:20 AM
How did the game turn out? All I get up here in North Dakota, is Vikings and Twins worship. They pretty much ignore any other teams, unless one of those two happen to be playing them.:(

Farmersfan
09-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
How did the game turn out? All I get up here in North Dakota, is Vikings and Twins worship. They pretty much ignore any other teams, unless one of those two happen to be playing them.:(

Dallas kicked a FG with 4 seconds on the clock to win the game 27-24. The Dallas FG kicker had a awesome night also. Hopefully we have seen the last of the Dallas FG woes.....:D

waterboy
09-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Cowboys won 27-25 on a 31-yard field goal as time expired, after a Miami TD and 2-point conversion put them ahead with a little over 2 minutes left in the game.

Farmersfan
09-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Cowboys won 27-25 on a 31-yard field goal as time expired, after a Miami TD and 2-point conversion put them ahead with a little over 2 minutes left in the game.

You are correct! I forgot that Miami went for the win instead of the tie on the extra point! I like the Miami team and their coach. I think they should have a pretty successful season.

Old Tiger
09-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Under pressure?

Trashman
09-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by GUNHO
When I saw the starters were not going to play I amost didn't watch.Turned out they did better than the starters have this preseason.Stephen did ok.Glad I watched.

Same here.:D

Ruserious
09-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Under pressure?

Rhetorical question?

STANG RED
09-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Dallas kicked a FG with 4 seconds on the clock to win the game 27-24. The Dallas FG kicker had a awesome night also. Hopefully we have seen the last of the Dallas FG woes.....:D

Good deal. Thanks for the info. Are you feeling any better about the Boyz yet? Although I know the starters didnt play, so you might not could really tell much. Sounds good that the FG kicking at least looks ready.

Old Tiger
09-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Ruserious
Rhetorical question? What pressure was he under? Its the 4th pre season game which is basically 3rd stringers starting.

Farmersfan
09-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Good deal. Thanks for the info. Are you feeling any better about the Boyz yet? Although I know the starters didnt play, so you might not could really tell much. Sounds good that the FG kicking at least looks ready.

You know, all I'm was looking for was some execution! I don't care who did it but for the entire team to play so badly reflects really badly on the practice habits, coaching habits, overall attitude or a multiple of other things that could ONLY be considered bad. At least after last night we know some of the Dallas players are getting into some sort of regular season form.
All teams and all players struggle at times in the preseason but to look like crap in 4 straight games should give everyone some concern. But I also think they have enough talent to win a lot of games on sheer talent alone. They are 3-2 in the preseason even after playing like warmed over S**T! So the sky isn't falling yet!

Have a great 3 day weekend everyone!!

Farmersfan
09-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
What pressure was he under? Its the 4th pre season game which is basically 3rd stringers starting.

And third stringers blocking and third stringers running patterns and third stringers catching passes!!!!!! Executing with a team full of third stringers is not any easier than executing with a team of 1st stringers! Probably harder in fact! McGee earned a spot on the team last night for sure. He played an excellent game.

Ruserious
09-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Lets see Old Tiger , age 23 same age as McGee right? I'm guessing he must have beat you in high school and you havn't let it go yet! Miami did play alot of there first team for a while and McGee has had the pressure of needing a good performance and chance to demonstrate his skills and abilities in a game where he plays more than a few series with 3's against 3's. :)

Charlie47
09-03-2010, 04:27 PM
You know, all I'm was looking for was some execution! I don't care who did it but for the entire team to play so badly reflects really badly on the practice habits, coaching habits, overall attitude or a multiple of other things that could ONLY be considered bad. At least after last night we know some of the Dallas players are getting into some sort of regular season form.
All teams and all players struggle at times in the preseason but to look like crap in 4 straight games should give everyone some concern. But I also think they have enough talent to win a lot of games on sheer talent alone. They are 3-2 in the preseason even after playing like warmed over S**T! So the sky isn't falling yet!

Have a great 3 day weekend everyone!!

Apparently you didn't see the pregame. Jones admitted, when questioned, that they purposefully went easy because of so many injuries. It wasn't what they wanted to do.;)

Old Tiger
09-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Ruserious
Lets see Old Tiger , age 23 same age as McGee right? I'm guessing he must have beat you in high school and you havn't let it go yet! Miami did play alot of there first team for a while and McGee has had the pressure of needing a good performance and chance to demonstrate his skills and abilities in a game where he plays more than a few series with 3's against 3's. :) Wrong...never played against McGee so its nothing personal...all I'm saying is there isn't any pressure on a 3rd string QB in the NFL starting the 4th pre-season game.

Old Tiger
09-03-2010, 05:09 PM
And third stringers blocking and third stringers running patterns and third stringers catching passes!!!!!! Executing with a team full of third stringers is not any easier than executing with a team of 1st stringers! Probably harder in fact! McGee earned a spot on the team last night for sure. He played an excellent game. Cowboys were going to keep 3 QB's regardless because Kitna isn't going to last much longer career wise. Also Kitna is the clear cut #2 I can understand there being pressure if Kitna and him were battling for the 2 spot but that is simply not the case.

sinton66
09-03-2010, 06:41 PM
I wish I could have watched it. Stupid Houston. Got stuck watching the Texans get beat by a team that went 3-13 last year.:rolleyes: