PDA

View Full Version : your thoughts?

bulldog82
09-03-2010, 09:56 AM
what do you think about the opposing team bringing their own sound system to YOUR stadium for pregame music ?

SHSBulldog00
09-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Needville, Giddings and Cuero do it. If that's what they have to do to get ready for the game o.k.

HEMOTOXIC
09-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Needville, Giddings and Cuero do it. If that's what they have to do to get ready for the game o.k.

I don't remember Giddings bringing any sound systems to Navasota or it could have been that I wasn't paying attention.:thinking:

Bullaholic
09-03-2010, 10:04 AM
I got no prob with it for pre-game. However, I think the host school district personnel should have the right of content censorship.

gtownfan
09-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I don't remember Giddings bringing any sound systems to Navasota or it could have been that I wasn't paying attention.:thinking:

I think Giddings only does it at home games and playoff games (that's where you might have heard it a few years ago at a playoff game). Don't remember doing it at road games. Need to pay better attention.

bulldog82
09-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Needville, Giddings and Cuero do it. If that's what they have to do to get ready for the game o.k. i know cuero does it i just did'nt want to point that out for various reasons, but ever since then.............NOT IN OUR HOUSE!

HEMOTOXIC
09-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan
I think Giddings only does it at home games and playoff games (that's where you might have heard it a few years ago at a playoff game). Don't remember doing it at road games. Need to pay better attention.

Yes sir or mam.:D

waterboy
09-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Gilmer has done that on a few occasions. They haven't done it in the last two years, however.

fanofthegame
09-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Giddings has sound at all home games and playoff games (hopefully). Away games, they take sound to non-district games. They can only take intro music to district away games, as when the team runs out of the tunnel. That's what the district coaches voted on, and that's been like that for the last couple of years.

Gobbler Fan
09-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Wimberley had some huge speakers set up last week in Cuero

44INAROW
09-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

hope they don't plan on taking them them Bandera :D

Gobbler Fan
09-03-2010, 11:31 AM
No we wouldnt want any crying at a football game :p:bigcry:

wimbo_pro
09-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

I didnt go go around to the wimberley side during warm up....so i didnt see or hear them, it was apparently drowned out by the Cuero music near the concession-side of the field. But I feel its pre-game...its warm up...if thats what they want, it should be no problem for any team. If the home team wont (or doesnt want) to allow it, then they should not play music during THEIR warm up either.

Old Tiger
09-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I don't remember Giddings bringing any sound systems to Navasota or it could have been that I wasn't paying attention.:thinking: Your people might not have let it on their field. I wouldn't mind listening to some hip hop instrumentals or as long as there isn't suggestive lyrics either.

HEMOTOXIC
09-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Your people might not have let it on their field. I wouldn't mind listening to some hip hop instrumentals or as long as there isn't suggestive lyrics either.

You are probably right.....

ronwx5x
09-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Do train horns count as music!:D

Maroon87
09-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by bulldog82
what do you think about the opposing team bringing their own sound system to YOUR stadium for pregame music ?

Calallen has done it for years with a few assorted complaints from other schools' fans. We have no issues with anyone else bringing one to our place.

Trashman
09-03-2010, 12:40 PM

As long as it does not interfere with the home teams activities, I see no problem with it.;)

pirate4state
09-03-2010, 12:54 PM
i know cuero does it i just did'nt want to point that out for various reasons, but ever since then.............NOT IN OUR HOUSE! :rolleyes: :bigcry: You sound like a certain someone in our district that had pre-game music banned for everyone else!

Our system is AWESOME and I can understand why some folks would have system envy :devil: :nerd:

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I didnt go go around to the wimberley side during warm up....so i didnt see or hear them, it was apparently drowned out by the Cuero music near the concession-side of the field. But I feel its pre-game...its warm up...if thats what they want, it should be no problem for any team. If the home team wont (or doesnt want) to allow it, then they should not play music during THEIR warm up either.
They brought their sound system to LH in '07. We don't do pregame warm-up music here. We took note though and paid you back. :devil: Oh and thanks for the idea - "Ladies and Gentlemen" by Saliva was the song on the highlight DVD for the Wimberley game. :p

wimbo_pro
09-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
They brought their sound system to LH in '07. We don't do pregame warm-up music here. We took note though and paid you back. :devil: Oh and thanks for the idea - "Ladies and Gentlemen" by Saliva was the song on the highlight DVD for the Wimberley game. :p

I dont know why any team really needs it...but...whatever. It seems like a small thing to me.

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I dont know why any team really needs it...but...whatever. It seems like a small thing to me.
It doesn't bother me! Like I said, we never have pregame music at home so it was kinda cool...and I REALLY like the Saliva song that was the opener. haha

blimp
09-03-2010, 01:26 PM
does Giddings still have the big air horn or whatever that was considered?

Yoe_09
09-03-2010, 01:34 PM
After what I heard from the La Vega system last night, I think we might have to start bringing our own.