PDA

View Full Version : Another Gulf oil rig explosion

BEAST
09-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Another one blew up this morning. Everyone reported to be alive. Coast guard reported oil is leaking and a sheen of oil is on the surface. Something sure seems odd to me. This one is about 40 miles from the BP rig. Coincidence?

BEAST

DDBooger
09-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Another one blew up this morning. Everyone reported to be alive. Coast guard reported oil is leaking and a sheen of oil is on the surface. Something sure seems odd to me. This one is about 40 miles from the BP rig. Coincidence?

BEAST no, negligence

BEAST
09-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
no, negligence

Boog, how many years have there been oil rigs in the Gulf? How many times have 2 of them blown up in less than a few months? I suppose, this is the first time workers have ever been neglent? Im not screaming conspriracy, I am just saying this is just a little strange.

BEAST

Trashman
09-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Boog, how many years have there been oil rigs in the Gulf? How many times have 2 of them blown up in less than a few months? I suppose, this is the first time workers have ever been neglent? Im not screaming conspriracy, I am just saying this is just a little strange.

BEAST

With Booger it is always a conspiracy.:D

I think he checks for Rush Limbaugh under his bed before he turns in at night.:rolleyes:

DDBooger
09-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
With Booger it is always a conspiracy.:D LMAO with me? Take a look at your partner's statement "coincidence" just what is he hinting at? lol silly.

I think he checks for Rush Limbaugh under his bed before he turns in at night.:rolleyes: That pig wouldn't fit under there lol I bet you have him playing while you sleep! ;)

DDBooger
09-02-2010, 02:21 PM

BEAST It's just negligence. Human error. Risk analysis would say it was overdue. These things happen, what isn't measured is the outcome. Risk of being hit by a car while crossing the streets are minimal, yet if it happens, it is catastrophic. Same applies to error on a rig. These things are getting old. I don't know the specifics of this one, but it wasn't me starting the thread hinting at something nefarious.

Trashman
09-02-2010, 02:29 PM
LMAO with me? Take a look at your partner's statement "coincidence" just what is he hinting at? lol silly.

That pig wouldn't fit under there lol I bet you have him playing while you sleep! ;)

LMAO! This stuff probably happens more often than we know. The news media is more in tune to these types of events now because of Deepwater Horizon.:thinking:

DDBooger
09-02-2010, 02:34 PM
LMAO! This stuff probably happens more often than we know. The news media is more in tune to these types of events now because of Deepwater Horizon.:thinking: Considering the regulators were in bed with those they regulate, who knows Trashman, who knows. Doing work on the cheap has its drawbacks, I hope this wasn't a case of that, and just a freak accident. Either way, crew is safe, but the ecology of that area has been hit hard enough, I hope this is small spill and it wasn't producing.

Trashman
09-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Considering the regulators were in bed with those they regulate, who knows Trashman, who knows. Doing work on the cheap has its drawbacks, I hope this wasn't a case of that, and just a freak accident. Either way, crew is safe, but the ecology of that area has been hit hard enough, I hope this is small spill and it wasn't producing.

just saw online where it was producing 58,800 gallons of oil and 900,000 cubic feet of gas per day and is in 340 feet of water. Those regulators should be fired if they already haven't been.:thinking: