PDA

View Full Version : Who should Start for mean green Thompson or Tune?

GrTigers6
09-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Who should be the starter? Y'all know who I want to start and I know who celina fans want to start. So what I want to know is what everyone else thinks.

Keith7
09-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Thomson

Bruce
09-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Denton newspaper reported that Tune was going to be the starter,now that's coming from the head coach. Either one would make a good starter. Just hope they have a better season this go around. Way things are looking, Mean Green should win some games this season. Thanks!

GrTigers6
09-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Bruce
Denton newspaper reported that Tune was going to be the starter,now that's coming from the head coach. Either one would make a good starter. Just hope they have a better season this go around. Way things are looking, Mean Green should win some games this season. Thanks! Yeah that's what I heard. I don't want to take anything from Tune but I would like to see what Thompson could do at that level

Bruce
09-01-2010, 08:34 PM
I feel like he will get some playing time this season, and he will do ok. College is a big setup from high school, but yet he is good enough to play college ball. Paper was stating the Thomson and Tune were about even in this off season. So that why I think he will get some playing time.Thanks!

Twirling Time
09-02-2010, 07:52 AM
Thompson's team got 70 hung on it by Tune's team in the regional finals. While Thompson was playing in it.

Rabid Cougar
09-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Having seen both in scrimmages this spring... they are both even. I am biased for Thompson. He is big, strong and fast with a cannon arm. Tune is a Senior with several starts including against Alabama on the road . Tune was going to start unless he just completely caved it in Spring and Fall. He didn't.

MEAN GREEN!

Rabid Cougar
09-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Thompson's team got 70 hung on it by Tune's team in the regional finals. While Thompson was playing in it.

Tune was not Celina's QB that season and Celina's Troy Franklin, who was on that team, is on Thompson's OL now.

GrTigers6
09-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Thompson's team got 70 hung on it by Tune's team in the regional finals. While Thompson was playing in it. What does that have to do with offense?

BILLYFRED0000
09-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Tune was not Celina's QB that season and Celina's Troy Franklin, who was on that team, is on Thompson's OL now.

Yeah that was Seth Davis at QB. and troy and charlie were both in the backfield.

BILLYFRED0000
09-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
What does that have to do with offense?

Nothing. But this does.. Tune was the QB for Celina in 05 when the bobcat offense rolled up 802 points in a single season. That was number 2 in the state all time at the time. Might still be.

GrTigers6
09-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Nothing. But this does.. Tune was the QB for Celina in 05 when the bobcat offense rolled up 802 points in a single season. That was number 2 in the state all time at the time. Might still be. I didnt say he didnt deserve the starting spot. I just wanted to know what the public thought about the situation. He may do great and give Derek his turn next year. Who knows?

BILLYFRED0000
09-02-2010, 01:25 PM
I didnt say he didnt deserve the starting spot. I just wanted to know what the public thought about the situation. He may do great and give Derek his turn next year. Who knows?

Yeah np. I saw Derek play a couple of times. He does have potention no doubt.
But since he and Tune have about the same abilities Tune's experience should win out.

GrTigers6
09-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Yeah np. I saw Derek play a couple of times. He does have potention no doubt.
But since he and Tune have about the same abilities Tune's experience should win out. yeah that is the biggest factor

crzyjournalist03
09-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Reilly Dodge was the best. Is his arm really that bad?

Keith7
09-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Thompson gives the Mean Green the best chance to win.. Tune has maxed out his potential and that isn't saying much.. That being said, I would rather Tune start against Clemson and take his lumps. Thompson will get a chance before this season is up..

GrTigers6
09-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Reilly Dodge was the best. Is his arm really that bad? He had at least three surgeries on his arm so yeah probably

Keith7
09-02-2010, 03:57 PM
He had at least three surgeries on his arm so yeah probably

He saw some time at QB at practice over the last three weeks so he may come in on occasion but is mainly the emergency QB..

In addition to the bad shoulder, Riley had a number of things working against him. He was turnover prone, not as explosive as his high school days, he's undersized and he had too high of expectations put on him due to his recruiting ranking and who his dad is..

That being said, he is still a playmaker who is capable of taking over a game but he'll have to do it at the WR position.

RPF2666
09-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Tune...great young man, from a great family.

His little brother (5th Grade) will be a stud in the future, too.

GrTigers6
09-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
Tune...great young man, from a great family.

His little brother (5th Grade) will be a stud in the future, too. Wow! Fifth grade Thats a age gap Huh!!!

Old Tiger
09-03-2010, 03:27 PM
That shoulder injury probably goes back to his senior year in HS when Sean Spence of Miami Northwestern popped him good. Spence is currently at the University of Miami.