PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech fans?

Phantom126
09-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Any predictions on this season i think they are pretty under rated this year and they look like a contender

95mustang
09-01-2010, 03:33 PM
The jury is still out. There are still to many questions to be answered in my opinion and I am a tech fan. I do think they are better than many think, but I wouldn't go straight to contender just yet. After a couple of games I will have a better idea of what my expectations are. They will again be bowl bound at the end of the season just don't know which bowl yet.

Give them a few more years and they will be contenders. Tuberville is a great recruiter and if he can motivate the players then teams better not take them lightly.

mlb04stangs
09-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Think their gonna b good this year and really good years to come. Tuberville is more of a ground game and defensive kinda guy More low scoring games and more w's in the win column.

Aesculus gilmus
09-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by mlb04stangs
Think their gonna b good this year and really good years to come. Tuberville is more of a ground game and defensive kinda guy More low scoring games and more w's in the win column.

Auburn West? No thanks. No more Tech games for me then. I don't like watching SEC-style football. I may watch the game Sunday because June Jones' SMU offense for sure will not be boring.

LE Dad
09-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Who is the OC? Tuberville actually attempted to switch to a spread type O his last couple of years at Auburn but just couldn't make it work. He has the players at Tech and if he has the right person to organize it, we might still see a passing style offense.

Caldwell_Raider
09-01-2010, 04:35 PM
The new OC is Neal Brown, he was the the OC at Troy last year.

The offense is pretty much the same; if anything its a little more fast paced.

Can't wait until Sunday! Wreck'em!

mlb04stangs
09-01-2010, 04:56 PM
I will be at Jones AT&T on Sunday to watch SMU's offense but I don't c it being any closer than 28 points maybe their gonna turn the ball over on downs a bunch cause that will b the only excitement from SMU. Also Texas plays that offense u like while Alabama played that SEC style you don't like and look you prevailed.

mlb04stangs
09-01-2010, 04:59 PM
I hope they do stick to the passing with the skill players they got, had just heard Tuberville wanted a lil more ground attack in there, don't really care as long as they win games. Texas Tech vs. Nebraska Big 12 championship would b a great season to me.

Aesculus gilmus
09-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by mlb04stangs
I will be at Jones AT&T on Sunday to watch SMU's offense but I don't c it being any closer than 28 points maybe their gonna turn the ball over on downs a bunch cause that will b the only excitement from SMU. Also Texas plays that offense u like while Alabama played that SEC style you don't like and look you prevailed.

Well, I was never a huge fan of Colt McCoy, but it's not just sour grapes to say the outcome just might have been different had he played the last 3 1/2 quarters. No excuses, though. Greg Davis' shovel pass right before halftime would've been a disaster no matter who was throwing it.

Gilmer just played a team whose coach said on the radio before the game last week that he had switched from the spread to the 'I' because he wanted to play more "SEC-style" ball since that was the conference that most often won the BCS title game.

Back to the drawing board, coach.

LE Dad
09-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Caldwell_Raider
The new OC is Neal Brown, he was the the OC at Troy last year.

The offense is pretty much the same; if anything its a little more fast paced.

Can't wait until Sunday! Wreck'em! I wouldn't think he would be an I formation ground guy. I think (in a few years) you might see a more mobile QB and some zone read, QB designed runs and a few little gadget runs. I still think it will be a pass heavy O.
This year you will probably see pretty close to what you are used to seeing, because these are Leach kids recruited to run his offense. I think you may see an improved defense though.

big daddy russ
09-02-2010, 01:18 AM
Tubbs has said he still wants to air it out, but I think he wants to integrate the ground game far more than Leach did. Great coach and great pickup for OC, but he still has his BBQ boys from his olden days, so expect a fast, hard-hitting defense that likes to force mistakes.

Phantom126
09-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Sheffeild, brittan and number six is a good combination on offense..

I dont know how to spell number 6's name :thinking:

NateDawg39
09-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Seems like I read, or heard on the radio that he wanted to mix in a lot of misdirection plays and more play action pass from the shotgun.

Speaking of misdirection, I had a chance to watch West Monroe play and they ran some of those very effectively. Especially dangerous in a 2 back shotgun formation with a receiver motioning across the field.