PDA

View Full Version : nipples

jason
09-01-2010, 08:19 AM
August 31, 2010 - 10:09am

DOVER, N.H. (AP) - A New Hampshire high school student shocked so severely in shop class that his heart stopped beating is suing his teacher, the school district and the city of Dover.

Kyle Dubois and his parents claim teacher Thomas Kelley did not warn Dubois and other students of the dangers of the electrical demonstration cords in their electrical trades class.

On March 11, Dubois attached an electrical clamp to one nipple while another student attached another clamp to the other. A third student plugged in the cord.

Dubois was critically injured.

The New Hampshire Union Leader says Dubois' suit contends he suffered permanent brain damage.

Kelley resigned from his teaching position about a month after the incident. He declined to comment on the lawsuit.

(Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

DOVER, N.H. (AP) - A New Hampshire high school student shocked so severely in shop class that his heart stopped beating is suing his teacher, the school district and the city of Dover.

Kyle Dubois and his parents claim teacher Thomas Kelley did not warn Dubois and other students of the dangers of the electrical demonstration cords in their electrical trades class.

On March 11, Dubois attached an electrical clamp to one nipple while another student attached another clamp to the other. A third student plugged in the cord.

The New Hampshire Union Leader says Dubois' suit contends he suffered permanent brain damage.

Kelley resigned from his teaching position about a month after the incident. He declined to comment on the lawsuit.

LINK (http://wtop.com/?nid=104&sid=2040785)

95mustang
09-01-2010, 08:23 AM
WOW!

jason
09-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
WOW! What has this world come to when you can sue someone because your stipud? i should sue you for this

:D

(*)^(*)

Ranger Mom
09-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by jason

It sounds like he had brain damage BEFORE the incident!!

Ranger Mom
09-01-2010, 08:51 AM
i should sue you for this

:D

(*)^(*)

YOU'RE such a butt head!!

LE Dad
09-01-2010, 09:05 AM
A family of morons!!!! The kid for doing it and the parents for blaming the school.

I don't understand why the teacher resigned? Unless he left the kids unsupervised possibly?

blimp
09-01-2010, 09:06 AM
is this for real?:eek:

Bullaholic
09-01-2010, 09:08 AM
LOL--Read the thread title and saw it was put up by jason and I was asking myself---"Wonder how long this will last?" :D

wimbo_pro
09-01-2010, 09:09 AM
It's all fun and games until someone gets a nipple blown off.

STANG RED
09-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
It's all fun and games until someone gets a nipple blown off. :1omg!: :fnypost: Thanks wimbo, this made me LMBO.:D

pirate4state
09-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
A family of morons!!!! The kid for doing it and the parents for blaming the school.

I don't understand why the teacher resigned? Unless he left the kids unsupervised possibly?

Maybe he was DONE dealing with a bunch of idiots!

Also -- this is not sports related.

Bullaholic
09-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Maybe he was DONE dealing with a bunch of idiots!

Would it be safe to say you don't suffer fools well, P4S? :D

jason
09-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

nipple clamping is a sport

DDBooger
09-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Had he attached them to his scrotum we may not have had to worry about him procreating. damn.

BwdLion73
09-01-2010, 10:48 AM
nipple clamping is a sport

:D Is he going to go pro and move up to 220?

Old Tiger
09-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm no expert but usually before you start classes like that you have weeks of safety lectures and lessons

blimp
09-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I'm no expert but usually before you start classes like that you have weeks of safety lectures and lessons

no matter how many hours or lectures you give a person like that, they are still stupid. only in America can you sue for stupid crap like that. i can go walk on a sidewalk and trip and break my leg. then sue the concrete company for putting those lines in the sidewalk b/c it tripped me.

LE Dad
09-01-2010, 01:56 PM
So I guess it was decided that being stupid isn't a sport :confused: :confused:

sinton66
09-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It sounds like he had brain damage BEFORE the incident!!

LOL, great minds think alike, that was my first thought also.;)

IrishTex
09-01-2010, 08:10 PM
It's the story you've heard so often before; kid in a high school shop class attaches electrical clamps to his nipples, and another student plugs in the cord. Kid then sues the school because of his injuries. It happened in Dover, NH, where Kyle Dubois was shocked so severely that his heart stopped beating. His parents are suing his teacher, the school district and the city of Dover.

The shop teacher's excuse for not supervising the students more closely? He was talking with other students in the class about his fantasy baseball team. Yep, I knew we could eventually link this tragedy to Jeremy Hermida.

Read the rest of the account from the Associated Press and try not to picture every Three Stooges short you've ever seen:

[Teacher Michael] Kelley resigned from his teaching position about a month after the incident. He declined to comment on the lawsuit.
Curly places light bulb in mouth. It glows brightly.

From the New Hampshire Union Leader:

"I was talking up my fantasy baseball team with one student and the next thing I know there was a commotion," Kelley said during a video interview obtained earlier by the New Hampshire Union Leader. "I look and I hear an 'Ouch.' I look and there's Kyle going to the ground." Dubois' heart stopped and paramedics had to restart it with a defibrillator. He was in critical condition and had to be taken to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, where doctors drilled a hole into his skull to check on brain swelling.
Nothing funny about that. But I'm not sure it's the school's fault.

Wait a minute ... is that Darwin's music I hear?

NH teen who zapped nipples during shop class sues [Associated Press]
Dover student sues over heart-stopping shock [New Hampshire Union Leader]

BullsFan
09-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Pretty sure teachers aren't paid to stand around and talk about fantasy baseball with a few students and ignore the rest of the class. I'm not saying the kid didn't pull a stupid stunt, but kids are kids are kids. That's why there's an adult there to supervise and teach.

Ranger Mom
09-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Pretty sure teachers aren't paid to stand around and talk about fantasy baseball with a few students and ignore the rest of the class. I'm not saying the kid didn't pull a stupid stunt, but kids are kids are kids. That's why there's an adult there to supervise and teach.

Ya know....in a round-about kind of way.....this just turned into a sports thread!!:p

bobcat4life
09-01-2010, 10:17 PM
This kid is one of those people you just want to ask "Whats it feel like to be a freakin idiot?" :D

SintonFan
09-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Umm..
why put electricity on your nipples? Seems kinda gay to me.

STANG RED
09-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan

Sorry, but I have to call BS on this. Who among us spends 100% of our time doing our job, while on the job. Anybody who says they do, is a liar!
No matter how hard we try, we simply cannot account for stupidity. I don’t care how dedicated or conscientious we are at doing our job. Also, this wasn’t a little child left unattended. It was a high school student, showing off to his buddies, by doing something really really really stupid. His buddies that helped in his stupidity are almost as much to blame as this idiot. Why aren’t they being sued?
If I had ever done anything this stupid, my Dad would have come into my hospital room and beat my a$$ right there on the bed. And I would have deserved it.

sinton66
09-02-2010, 06:17 PM
You have to wonder how stupid the other kids were too. NO ONE thought this was a stupid act and called attention to it? I bet he ain't got the brass to do it again.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
You have to wonder how stupid the other kids were too. NO ONE thought this was a stupid act and called attention to it? I bet he ain't got the brass to do it again.

Maybe it affected his "brass" and he can't procreate, we have enough stupid people as it is!!

That was tacky of me, I know!!

SintonFan
09-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Maybe it affected his "brass" and he can't procreate, we have enough stupid people as it is!!

That was tacky of me, I know!!

That wasn't as bad as what boog said.:nerd: :p

Diocletian
09-03-2010, 10:22 PM
I have witnessed this act on 2 occasions.

Once in High School Ag class. Yes it happen during a welding project where kids (us) were allowed to mingle around and pretty much do what want. No harm, no reports, no damage.

Another while in the Military. Different scene as a Very large capacitor was attached to a russian guys nips as some sort of hazing type prank. Again nice shock from the discharge, with black marks...but no damage, no reports, and no harm.

I think it might be blown out of proportion some by the parent. But they have every right to complain. It is 100% the teacher's responsibility to baby-sit each kid while in class....I'm almost sure it was a dare or bet.

The teacher is stupid for not being on top of things...and might fall victim here of having some horrible luck.

The kid is stupid for having the stones to try this stunt....but not in any way stupid for having a weak nervous system and a weak Heart.

The parent is stupid for allowing the kid to grow up without having knowledge of electricity.

Bottom line is that the school is 100% liable and I hope the parent sues for every dollar they can get.

TheDOCTORdre
09-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian

The kid is stupid for having the stones to try this stunt...

this stunt has nothing to do with having stones...stupidity does not equal ballsy, it just equals stupidity

Diocletian
09-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
this stunt has nothing to do with having stones...stupidity does not equal ballsy, it just equals stupidity

There sure are a lot of courageous moments in life that kind of feel stupid.

I'm sure if the kid didn't get injured..he would have gone on to be popular and praised by the other kids.

It's like going for 2...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

sinton66
09-06-2010, 02:22 PM
I have witnessed this act on 2 occasions.

Once in High School Ag class. Yes it happen during a welding project where kids (us) were allowed to mingle around and pretty much do what want. No harm, no reports, no damage.

Another while in the Military. Different scene as a Very large capacitor was attached to a russian guys nips as some sort of hazing type prank. Again nice shock from the discharge, with black marks...but no damage, no reports, and no harm.

I think it might be blown out of proportion some by the parent. But they have every right to complain. It is 100% the teacher's responsibility to baby-sit each kid while in class....I'm almost sure it was a dare or bet.

The teacher is stupid for not being on top of things...and might fall victim here of having some horrible luck.

The kid is stupid for having the stones to try this stunt....but not in any way stupid for having a weak nervous system and a weak Heart.

The parent is stupid for allowing the kid to grow up without having knowledge of electricity.

Bottom line is that the school is 100% liable and I hope the parent sues for every dollar they can get.

Suing the school won't solve anything. You can't fix stupid.

BullsFan
09-06-2010, 02:53 PM
There sure are a lot of courageous moments in life that kind of feel stupid.

I'm sure if the kid didn't get injured..he would have gone on to be popular and praised by the other kids.

It's like going for 2...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

If the kid was already popular, he'll be more popular. If he wasn't, he'll be a weirdo.

Either way, sinton66 put it best. You really can't fix stupid.

Old Cardinal
09-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Stupid is mighty hard to deal with.

If I were the judicial system; I would not allow this case.......

AP Panther Fan
09-07-2010, 03:12 PM
I have often wondered why my kids bring home those "class guidelines" at the beginning of school that the students sign and then the parent signs before returning it to the teacher.

This might have helped the teacher defend himself perhaps.:thinking:

garciap77
09-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
It's all fun and games until someone gets a nipple blown off.

LOL

skins4life
09-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Sorry, but I have to call BS on this. Who among us spends 100% of our time doing our job, while on the job. Anybody who says they do, is a liar!
No matter how hard we try, we simply cannot account for stupidity. I don’t care how dedicated or conscientious we are at doing our job. Also, this wasn’t a little child left unattended. It was a high school student, showing off to his buddies, by doing something really really really stupid. His buddies that helped in his stupidity are almost as much to blame as this idiot. Why aren’t they being sued?
If I had ever done anything this stupid, my Dad would have come into my hospital room and beat my a$$ right there on the bed. And I would have deserved it.

Same here. My dad would've got me before I got to the hospital though.