PDA

View Full Version : Lockhart vs Bellville

Bull's-eye
08-31-2010, 10:20 PM
I still have faith in my Brahmas, they need to get their offense going and continue to play good defense. I like to see the O-line send a message to their opponents, we are big and we are going to dominate in the trenches. Love to see some passing on first down, especially those high percentage passes to the TE. Hit a few of those early and things should open up for your ground game.

hookandladder
09-01-2010, 06:27 AM
Lockhart has a pretty good TB and FB, so stopping the run will be the key to a Bellville win. Lockhart has good size and a pretty good Defense, I will have to go with Lockhart by a TD.

Red Bull
09-01-2010, 07:38 AM
I said week 1 would tell us a lot about this Brahma team and I think it did. This week may tell us even more. Will the team rebound from a tough defeat and loss of one of it's senior leaders or will it come out flat still feeling the bite of last week's defeat? Here's to hoping they come out and have a strong showing. Show your Bellville pride in The Pasture. I know nothing about Lockhart, but I say Bellville in a close one.

Pudlugger
09-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Lockhart has good size and speed. They defense the pass very well, better than the run. The Leps were able to run on them and if the Bulls O line can stand up their defenders Bellville should be able to run North South. The Lion qb is tall and has good moves and can burn you on the keeper so the outside lbs need to be ready for the tuck and run. Coming off a bad game at home is something Bellville rarely has to deal with. If the come out to play and make a statement they can get the win. I'll take Bellville by a td.

rancher
09-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Bellville was totally out coached and played by Caldwell. The bulls lack speed and the passing attach thus far has been on life support. Would love to see an upset, but the Lockhart Lions will win by at least 2 TDs.

OLE'BULL
09-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Heard from a current Brahma that they are going to simplify the defensive game plan. He said they threw alot of D formations in pretty early so there were quite a few mistakes. Also, they were probably doing to much thinking instead of reacting. What does worry me is the goose egg against Caldwell. I know Caldwell is a good team, but ZERO points is unacceptable....

beastyboyz
09-01-2010, 10:36 AM
heard the bulls lack leadership...and dont show any excitement on the field. i know they are kind of young, but its time to grow up and play.

wht happen to the big hits? the celebrations after big hits amd big plays?

Bull's-eye
09-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Bellville didn't look too bad in their 2 scrimmages, let's hope that Caldwell is a lot better team than most people are predicting. Bellville had a very easy time with Wharton, a team that lost 40-28 to a good BR team.

XMan
09-01-2010, 12:30 PM
All of the negative talk regarding the team is totally uneccessary. If you have a problem with the coach/and or his game plan, go talk to him instead of making comments on here. All the negative comments do is tear a team apart. Join together and SUPPORT the program from top to bottom. Instead of bashing the coach how bout some support for him?

OLE'BULL
09-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by XMan
All of the negative talk regarding the team is totally uneccessary. If you have a problem with the coach/and or his game plan, go talk to him instead of making comments on here. All the negative comments do is tear a team apart. Join together and SUPPORT the program from top to bottom. Instead of bashing the coach how bout some support for him?

I hope this is not directed towards my previous post?

XMan
09-01-2010, 12:44 PM
It was to all the armchair qbs that keep making comments about what the Brahmas should do scheme wise, and pretty much saying they could coach better than the current staff.

OLE'BULL
09-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by XMan
It was to all the armchair qbs that keep making comments about what the Brahmas should do scheme wise, and pretty much saying they could coach better than the current staff.

Well that is not me. I passed along info that was given to me by a current team member who was told by Foster that they were going to simplify things for now.

BrahmaMom
09-01-2010, 01:06 PM
I have encouraged (and that's putting it mildly) our players to put the big hits on our opponents and celebrate them to garner enthusiasm. Our leaders are quiet by nature; I hope they go outside their comfort zone for the team. I like the word "unacceptable" because some things are truly unacceptable. Being shut out, for me, is one of those things. Let's play ball, Brahmas!

hookandladder
09-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Bellville didn't look too bad in their 2 scrimmages, let's hope that Caldwell is a lot better team than most people are predicting. Bellville had a very easy time with Wharton, a team that lost 40-28 to a good BR team.

I talked to one of the Wharton players Dad and he told me that their starters did not play much at all in the Bellville scrimmage, the coaches wanted to look at non starters to see if any could help them on Varsity. I know this is from a Dad however he does have a son playing college football right now so take it for what it is worth to you.He also said the Williams kid from BR is the real deal but also added that they had a chance to beat them.

rancher
09-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Some people just cannot handle the truth. How about we just dont keep score and that way everyone feels good.

muscatcannelli
09-01-2010, 04:30 PM
alll these predistrict games are nice to win an have a good record for the season. but it all comes down to district and whether your in the state playoffs or not. they just need to play hard an get better for district play. cuz when that time starts, all records are 0-0 and its anyones game.

rancher
09-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Here are the facts per Bellville Times:

Bellville--66 yards rushing,+ 31 yards passing=97 Total 0--Points
Caldwell--260 rushing, + 97 passing= 357 Total and 26 Points

Here is the truth per our own Bellville Times. Do we just not keep score and make everyone feel good like in little league? Who takes responsibility?

zebrablue2
09-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Small towns run through trends! Sealy was down several yrs. after 4 state titles. You have to have the kids at the skill position to be a success. Hate to bust your bubble Rancher, but at this point and time, the Brahmas don't have those. The Fr. class this yr. will be Bellvilles next good team, and that may start to happen next yr. The 1st 2-4 yrs of Huey's run in Bellville were down yrs., but that is small town football. Our current head coach is a great person, and knows his football, so give it just a little more time and success will come.
Now, I am not giving up on this yrs. team by any means. The last 4 games of the season are the ones that count, so lets keep getting a little better each week, and good things will come this yr..

Go Brahmas

Pudlugger
09-01-2010, 06:41 PM
:iagree:

duckhunter
09-01-2010, 10:50 PM
bellville wins 14-7 to get to .500

BrahmaMom
09-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Ah, zebrablue2, you are so accurate. Cycles cannot be controlled or coached out of. I have respect for Coach Foster and he knows his stuff. He has made some inspirational changes. Let's go, Bulls! Tomorow is FRIDAY NIGHT!!

Bull's-eye
09-03-2010, 12:55 PM
The "Pasture of Pain" is ready for a Bellville win!

Go Bulls!

BrahmaMom
09-03-2010, 12:56 PM
C'mon Brahma fans, let's get fired up! Our team needs us behind them. A muddy field makes it all the more interesting, so get out and support our Brahmas! GO BIG RED!

HEMOTOXIC
09-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Now, I am not giving up on this yrs. team by any means. The last 4 games of the season are the ones that count, so lets keep getting a little better each week, and good things will come this yr..

Go Brahmas

Very well put. Good luck to the Brahmas and all my fellow Brahma followers. The season is still young and there is still time for improvements to be made. Caldwell is no slouch. Bellville will only get better by the time district rolls around.

zebrablue2
09-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Go get a W BULLS!!!! Best of luck and play injury free!!!