PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie Volleyball

ccmom
08-31-2010, 09:44 AM
Looking good, ladies!! :clap:

Finally playing at home tonight!! :clap:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/aug/29/wylie-wins-third-tournament-25th-match/

WOLFFORTH — The No. 5 Wylie Lady Bulldogs notched their third tournament championship of the season Saturday, earning a split-sets win over Class 5A Lubbock Coronado in the title match to move to 25-1 on the season.

Wylie, 19-0 in tournament matches, beat Shallowater 25-12, 25-13 in the quarterfinals before edging El Paso Riverside 19-25, 25-7, 25-22 in the semis and Coronado 20-25, 25-17, 25-15 in the finals to finish perfect in their three tournament appearances.

“That was one of our goals this year, was to try to accomplish that,” Wylie coach LeAnn Thomsen said of winning all three tournaments on its schedule. “I’m just happy to say girls played hard and wanted it really bad. They had to fight hard for it against Lubbock Coronado. It was a good match.”

The Coronado match was the two teams’ third meeting of the season.

Bailey Wilson, the tournament MVP, paced the Lady Bulldogs in the semfinals and finals matches, tallying 15 kills in each and combined 13 digs between them. But she was one of many contributors.

Natalie Davis, an all-tournament selection, accounted for 25 kills Saturday, while Allison Phillips added 20.

Defensively, the Lady Bulldogs were led by Kelsey Browning, who had nine digs against Riverside on her way to being named the tournament’s outstanding defensive player.

Setters Ali Hayes and Bradi Wilson rounded out Wylie’s all-tournament accolades, earning co-most valuable setters after combining for 78 assists over Saturday’s three matches.

LE Dad
08-31-2010, 09:54 AM
Good luck to the Lady Bulldogs!! :clap: :clap:

tex_male
08-31-2010, 05:55 PM
Can you post all the teams they have played so far?

Rocket
08-31-2010, 06:07 PM
YAAWWWWNNNNNN

ccmom
08-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by tex_male
Can you post all the teams they have played so far? I can post the teams that I remember...

San Angelo (can't remember which one)
Pecos
Lubbock Coronado (x3)
Abilene Cooper
Abilene High
Stephenville
Weatherford
Midland High (loss)
Fort Worth Christian
Plainview
L.D. Bell
Richland (x 2)
El Paso (not sure which)

Playing Andrews right now....

http://www.bulldogsliveonline.com/ To listen

tex_male
08-31-2010, 06:29 PM
Monahans only losses are to Midland High and Midland Lee. They go back and forth Monahans beats them then they beat us. Good luck to the Lady Bull dogs. ~ Monahans is 20-4

ccmom
08-31-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by tex_male
Monahans only losses are to Midland High and Midland Lee. They go back and forth Monahans beats them then they beat us. Good luck to the Lady Bull dogs. ~ Monahans is 20-4

Good luck to Monahans, too. Sept 11th should be fun!

ccmom
08-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I can post the teams that I remember...

San Angelo (can't remember which one)
Pecos
Lubbock Coronado (x3)
Abilene Cooper
Abilene High
Stephenville
Weatherford
Midland High (loss)
Fort Worth Christian
Plainview
L.D. Bell
Richland (x 2)
El Paso (not sure which)

Playing Andrews right now....

http://www.bulldogsliveonline.com/ To listen

DUH! :doh: The El Paso team was obviously Riverside and I forgot to list Shallowater. They are both listed in the article in this thread. LOL

boynoles
08-31-2010, 10:55 PM
Abilene Wylie beat Monahans in a scrimmage before the season started.The people I talked to said the game was real close. And our best hitter and starting setter were not there.Man.I'm hoping that was our problem.Abilene Wylie looks tough this year.