PDA

View Full Version : Question for Wylie peeps...

hollywood
08-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Have you made your way onto the stephenvilleyellowjackets.com site yet? SHS92 tries to talk smack! LOL :D

ccmom
08-30-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm afraid I might make them cry! :devil:

hollywood
08-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I'm afraid I might make them cry! :devil:

Maybe a little too early in the week. You're right! They are still morning. :doh: They are above 3A ya know. They were ranked #4 in the state.

:hand:

Rocket
08-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Go get them ccmom..that would be hilarious. Heck, I think they spend more time on BL.com than the maroon bloods.:rolleyes:

hollywood
08-31-2010, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Go get them ccmom..that would be hilarious. Heck, I think they spend more time on BL.com than the maroon bloods.:rolleyes:

You are right about that!

ccmom
08-31-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Have you made your way onto the stephenvilleyellowjackets.com site yet? SHS92 tries to talk smack! LOL :D

I checked it out.....YAWWWWWNNNNN......:rolleyes:

hollywood
08-31-2010, 11:55 AM
I checked it out.....YAWWWWWNNNNN......:rolleyes:

:spitlol:

I forgot to warn you. The only team they get excited for is Aledo. :D And now that they got whooped by them again, they are non responsive. :doh:

:eek:

Rocket
08-31-2010, 12:09 PM
:spitlol:

I forgot to warn you. The only team they get excited for is Aledo. :D And now that they got whooped by them again, they are non responsive. :doh:

:eek:

LOL

slingshot
08-31-2010, 01:24 PM
I didn't really have much interest in this game until this morning. Struck up a conversation with a guy from S'ville... got the explanation that they basically lost the game to Aledo (Aledo didn't win it--the Jackets were clearly the better team, Yada, Yada... ). He proceeded to then tell me that "We will slaughter Wylie then absolutely DESTROY Brownwood". He was dissapointed that the coach scheduled 3A teams as they would be no test for his mighty Jackets and saw no gain from blowing out inferior teams...
Here's to hoping that Hugh and his staff have a little something special ready for the 'mighty Jackets' and (I can't believe I'm saying this) I will absolutely be rooting for Brownwood to pound them the next week!

Rocket
08-31-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
I didn't really have much interest in this game until this morning. Struck up a conversation with a guy from S'ville... got the explanation that they basically lost the game to Aledo (Aledo didn't win it--the Jackets were clearly the better team, Yada, Yada... ). He proceeded to then tell me that "We will slaughter Wylie then absolutely DESTROY Brownwood". He was dissapointed that the coach scheduled 3A teams as they would be no test for his mighty Jackets and saw no gain from blowing out inferior teams...
Here's to hoping that Hugh and his staff have a little something special ready for the 'mighty Jackets' and (I can't believe I'm saying this) I will absolutely be rooting for Brownwood to pound them the next week!

LOL these Sville Fans are ignorant and clueless.

slingshot
08-31-2010, 01:37 PM
LOL these Sville Fans are ignorant and clueless. ...and let's hope they are sulking over an 0-3 start in 2 weeks ;) .

Sville
08-31-2010, 01:47 PM

Ha, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

I see what you fools from Brown-eye county are trying to do. Yall are trying to get the Ab Wylie peeps to join in with you on your hate for Sville.

Yours is coming Rocket, but out of respect for our game against the Bulldogs, I'll wait too launch my foot in the middle of your @$$ until about 11p on Friday.

Wylie is going to be a tough ball game. They are disciplined, well coached, and stout up front. The Jackets will have to bring their A game to beat the Bulldogs.

jason
08-31-2010, 01:49 PM

im a fan because i live here - and not all of us are clueless...

i will be the first to admit that stephenville isnt as good now as their ranking reflects and that if they don't beat wylie are looking at 0-5....

Rocket
08-31-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by jason
im a fan because i live here - and not all of us are clueless...

i will be the first to admit that stephenville isnt as good now as their ranking reflects and that if they don't beat wylie are looking at 0-5....

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about Sville.

jason
08-31-2010, 01:55 PM
I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about Sville.

if i come to the sville/brownwood game, and sit on the home side, in a tshirt that says brownwood lions but is blue with yellow writing, think i'd get some nasty looks?

Rocket
08-31-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Sville
Ha, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

I see what you fools from Brown-eye county are trying to do. Yall are trying to get the Ab Wylie peeps to join in with you on your hate for Sville.

Yours is coming Rocket, but out of respect for our game against the Bulldogs, I'll wait too launch my foot in the middle of your @$$ until about 11p on Friday.

Wylie is going to be a tough ball game. They are disciplined, well coached, and stout up front. The Jackets will have to bring their A game to beat the Bulldogs.

Just remember: Stats are for LOSERS.

"We had 400 yards rushing...blah blah blah."

You see, this is what Fantasy Football does to fans like Sville. He thinks you get points for yards rushing and what not... YOU DON'T! You have to run or catch the little brown ball past the Goal Line or kick it through the Tall Fork Pole Thingy (making it easy for these Sville fans to understand). You get 6 Points for a TD and 3 Points for kicking it through the tall pole thingy. You get 1 point if you kick it through the tall pole thingy after you score a TD. Kicking it through the Tall Pole Thingy can be good, but the main objective is to score TD's. I hope you learned your lesson after that poor showing at Aledo.:rolleyes:

Rocket
08-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Wylie Beware:

In order to NOT lose against a 3A, the Sville Coach will instill a "By Any Means Necessary" Mindset in his players. You will see early hits on WR's, late hits on QB's way after the ball has been thrown, Wylie helmets getting torn off, and lots of late sideline hits. They will say they are just playing hard and to suck it up. Don't be surprised if Ol' Hugh starts pulling his starters to try and salvage the season after 4 or 5 of your studs are hobbling off the field.

Oh and the homer refs will get a bad case of selective penalty calling...especially on the personal foul side of things...

Just sayin'

Rocket
08-31-2010, 02:05 PM
if i come to the sville/brownwood game, and sit on the home side, in a tshirt that says brownwood lions but is blue with yellow writing, think i'd get some nasty looks?

Colorblind fans are always welcome at Brownwood.

Bullaholic
08-31-2010, 02:11 PM
Wylie Beware:

In order to NOT lose against a 3A, the Sville Coach will instill a "By Any Means Necessary" Mindset in his players. You will see early hits on WR's, late hits on QB's way after the ball has been thrown, Wylie helmets getting torn off, and lots of late sideline hits. They will say they are just playing hard and to suck it up. Don't be surprised if Ol' Hugh starts pulling his starters to try and salvage the season after 4 or 5 of your studs are hobbling off the field.

Just sayin'

You forgot the pins in the eyes of the voodoo dolls, Rocket.....:D

BTW--most of things you say will be done carry 15yds of reverse real-estate with them, per occurance, the last time I reviewed the rules. You really think the S'ville coach is that dumb?

Rocket
08-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You forgot the pins in the eyes of the voodoo dolls, Rocket.....:D

BTW--most of things you say will be done carry 15yds of reverse real-estate with them, per occurance, the last time I reviewed the rules. You really think the S'ville coach is that dumb?

It happened last year to the point where we weren't going to play them this year, but to fill our schedule, we had to. All of what I listed happened last year, and it cost us our QB and our legit shot at the state title. Ridiculous.

To my understanding, no call on any of it. The helmet, the late hit on the QB, and the early hits on WR's were all no calls....

Some of my fellow Brownwood fans can back me up on it..

Sville
08-31-2010, 02:21 PM

That would be like wearing a kippah in a mosque.

Sville
08-31-2010, 02:29 PM
It happened last year to the point where we weren't going to play them this year, but to fill our schedule, we had to. All of what I listed happened last year, and it cost us our QB and our legit shot at the state title. Ridiculous.

To my understanding, no call on any of it. The helmet, the late hit on the QB, and the early hits on WR's were all no calls....

You are a flat out jealous liar. As I said last year we whipped yalls @$$ up and down the field in 2009 because we DOMINATED the LOS. And you know what? It is going to happen again chumpalicious.

You have got to be the most delusional football fan I have ever met. You weren't even at the game.

Sville
08-31-2010, 02:38 PM

For all the venom that Rocket and I will spew at each other over the next 10 days, I will have to give him some credit when it comes to SYJ.com. If it wasn't for his help and ideas I would of never been able to do it.

That is the last nice thing I going to say about him for a while.

Sville
08-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Just remember: Stats are for LOSERS.

Touche, Rocket.

I should of followed the motto of my own signature. We got beat by a better team that night. Ain't no shame in getting beat by Aledo. They will be the most talented team we see in the regular season this year.

ivchris
08-31-2010, 02:44 PM

yeah, they should've kept up with the Brownwood board from a couple of years ago when they were going to show us 3a's a little thing or two about football. :devil: :D

Tin Cup
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the score 14-0 at the half with brown throwing a pick in the endzone before the half. The game could have gone a lot differently until the injuries started snowballing with the sville momentum

hollywood

Yep, :iagree:. No kidding aside. See, from the other side through the hurricane force winds, Sville thought they were playing the starting line up! What they found out later, was that they were actually playing mostly Brownwood's JV and kept pouring it on thinking they were really taking it to us. Shipley was forced to salvage the rest of the team by sidelining them.

hollywood
08-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Ain't no shame in getting beat by Aledo. They will be the most talented team we see in the regular season this year.
:lies:

LOL

No they are not! That's a HOMER statement if I ever heard one! LOL

Sville
08-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Bwood vs Sville 2009 (http://vimeo.com/6649871)

[enter sarcasm]Boy there sure are a lot of cheap shots in the highlight clips[exit sarcasm]

If the Jim Bob Butternips and Suzy Rottencrotch's from Brownwood can't handle the physicality that the Jackets bring to the field then just forfeit meat curtains.

bwdlionfan
08-31-2010, 04:26 PM
You are a flat out jealous liar. As I said last year we whipped yalls @$$ up and down the field in 2009 because we DOMINATED the LOS. And you know what? It is going to happen again chumpalicious.

You have got to be the most delusional football fan I have ever met. You weren't even at the game.

By whipping our @$$ if you really meant "taking 7 of your starters out of the game" then you hit the nail on the head.

I'll give you that you had a 14-0 lead at half, that was our own fault it should have been 7-7 but an interception at the goal line was a 14 point swing. The second half just got out of hand with the injuries (including losing the starting QB on the first series of the second half), and coach Shipley did start pulling starters to salvage the season.

It'd be nice to beat you guys this year, but I would take another 35 point loss if we could come out with no injuries because this game means nothing, however, last year the cheap shots made this game mean something... it meant we were without some key players for a big portion of the season.

http://brownwoodnews.com/images/stories/articlepics/Sports/BrownwoodLions/GraylonInjury/GraylonInjury3.jpg

Rocket
08-31-2010, 04:41 PM
For all the venom that Rocket and I will spew at each other over the next 10 days, I will have to give him some credit when it comes to SYJ.com. If it wasn't for his help and ideas I would of never been able to do it.

That is the last nice thing I going to say about him for a while.

It's all good! We just smack talkin'!

Sville
08-31-2010, 04:44 PM
http://brownwoodnews.com/images/stories/articlepics/Sports/BrownwoodLions/GraylonInjury/GraylonInjury1.jpg
http://brownwoodnews.com/images/stories/articlepics/Sports/BrownwoodLions/GraylonInjury/GraylonInjury2.jpg
http://brownwoodnews.com/images/stories/articlepics/Sports/BrownwoodLions/GraylonInjury/GraylonInjury3.jpg

That looks like a real cheap shot to me. :rolleyes:

The 275 lb NT is 18 inches from his leg as the ball is being released. What the picture #2 crops out is the Bwd OL pushing Cole down as he is going for Brown.

Another Myth Busted.

hollywood
08-31-2010, 04:50 PM
http://brownwoodnews.com/images/stories/articlepics/Sports/BrownwoodLions/GraylonInjury/GraylonInjury1.jpg
http://brownwoodnews.com/images/stories/articlepics/Sports/BrownwoodLions/GraylonInjury/GraylonInjury2.jpg

That looks like a real cheap shot to me. :rolleyes:

The 275 lb NT is 18 inches from his leg as the ball is being released. What the picture #2 crops out is the Bwd OL pushing Cole down as he is going for Brown.

Another Myth Busted.

That's wrong dude. We'll let the jury decide. Pic 2 clearly shows his head keyed in on the leg. :rolleyes:

Whatever! Almost cost the kid his career. I can personally vouch that Stephenville has always played DIRTY! In '90, yes I'm dating myself, a Sville player took my knee out by speering with the helmet. Got it on video.

ivchris
08-31-2010, 04:55 PM
I think if the pictures (still frame by frame) were in fast motion as in a play, I can almost 100% guarantee that the player in black/gold was not thinking "hit the knee". He was thinking, SACK and trying like hell to get one. Dirty play accusations are for the birds. These kids all play for the same reason, they love playing football. I hate the kids knee was injured, but it's a risk they all take when they suit out. Been there, done that and I don't think anybody was trying to hurt me at any given moment.

Sville
08-31-2010, 05:03 PM
That's wrong dude. We'll let the jury decide. Pic 2 clearly shows his head keyed in on the leg. :rolleyes:

Whatever! Almost cost the kid his career. I can personally vouch that Stephenville has always played DIRTY! In '90, yes I'm dating myself, a Sville player took my knee out by speering with the helmet. Got it on video.

What pic #2 clearly doesn't show is the OL knocking him down as he is going for the QB. Nice editing by BLN.

I am not going to deny that there haven't been cheap shots taken in this rivalry. But it has gone both ways. Don't act like Bwood is innocent either. As far as last year goes, yall had some bad luck but it wasn't from dirty play by the Jackets.

bwdlionfan
08-31-2010, 05:37 PM

I have images somewhere from the 99 game of a Sville player tackling our QB by his facemask (and out of bounds at that). It was a video I found on KTXS after the game that I slowed down and took it frame by frame.

I agree Sville that there have been cheap shots both ways in this rivalry over the years... you're always gonna have a kid on one team trying to hurt someone on the other... BUT... it was obvious with last years game that this rivalry means A LOT more to the kids in Sville than it does to the kids in Bwood now. Back in the 90s it meant a lot to both sides... but I think it has lots a lot of its appeal to the Bwood kids since the drop in classification. Maybe some of that will be back this year though after what all happened last year.

Rocket
08-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
I think if the pictures (still frame by frame) were in fast motion as in a play, I can almost 100% guarantee that the player in black/gold was not thinking "hit the knee". He was thinking, SACK and trying like hell to get one. Dirty play accusations are for the birds. These kids all play for the same reason, they love playing football. I hate the kids knee was injured, but it's a risk they all take when they suit out. Been there, done that and I don't think anybody was trying to hurt me at any given moment.

You sure are naive...according to you, it's ok to go balls out and hit a QB for the sake of trying like hell to make a sack. :rolleyes: Go ahead and hit the punter, too! It's just the defense trying like hell to make a play...

Sorry, it isn't legal to play that way. You'll see come Friday night what us Brownwood fans are talking about. This stuff only goes down at Sville. If they were playing at Wylie, it would be a different story. Your homer refs would be the equalizer.

Oh, and there wasn't a whistle on this play. It was just overlooked. Our QB is on the ground, and the refs are all "I didn't see nothing".

Rocket
08-31-2010, 06:16 PM

Is Gillespie on Xanax yet?

Remember halftime of the 2008 game? When you were having a fit? LOL And our defense was horrible? Get ready this year...when it's over, you will be bowing down to Brownwood as the best team you will face all season. I can't believe you are this ignorant.

ccmom
08-31-2010, 08:35 PM

That is the last nice thing I going to say about him for a while. So you run that site? Question....how long does it take to get your registration approved? :thinking: I have this sneaking suspicion that it mysteriously won't be approved until around 10:30pm on Friday night IF Sville happens to win. :thinking: :D. I'm waiting patiently....

Rocket
08-31-2010, 08:54 PM
So you run that site? Question....how long does it take to get your registration approved? :thinking: I have this sneaking suspicion that it mysteriously won't be approved until around 10:30pm on Friday night IF Sville happens to win. :thinking: :D. I'm waiting patiently....

Come on, Sville... Hee Haw should be over by now.. get off your butt and do something.:rolleyes:

BaseballUmp
08-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Maybe the kid just has weak knees! lol jk it doesnt really take much to mess up your knee though. I tore mine on a pretty routine play...it's just a part of the game. that being said, i didn't see the game so i'll just have to agree that sville is a bunch of lowdown dirty football players haha

bwdlionfan
08-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Maybe the kid just has weak knees! lol jk it doesnt really take much to mess up your knee though. I tore mine on a pretty routine play...it's just a part of the game. that being said, i didn't see the game so i'll just have to agree that sville is a bunch of lowdown dirty football players haha

Straight from the ump!

Sville
08-31-2010, 11:07 PM
So you run that site? Question....how long does it take to get your registration approved? :thinking: I have this sneaking suspicion that it mysteriously won't be approved until around 10:30pm on Friday night IF Sville happens to win. :thinking: :D. I'm waiting patiently....

The registration process is automated. You should have a verification email in your inbox. Check your spam folder.

I can manually activate you. If have any problems.

ivchris
09-01-2010, 08:15 AM
You sure are naive...according to you, it's ok to go balls out and hit a QB for the sake of trying like hell to make a sack. :rolleyes: Go ahead and hit the punter, too! It's just the defense trying like hell to make a play...

Sorry, it isn't legal to play that way. You'll see come Friday night what us Brownwood fans are talking about. This stuff only goes down at Sville. If they were playing at Wylie, it would be a different story. Your homer refs would be the equalizer.

Oh, and there wasn't a whistle on this play. It was just overlooked. Our QB is on the ground, and the refs are all "I didn't see nothing".

not saying that at all.....just saying that in full speed, things happen quickly and if that player was trying hard to get to the QB, then he's going full speed towards him, just as the QB is going full speed into his pass, and coming towards the tackler. It happens fast and little thought goes into if his knee is in the way. Out of bounds hits and facemasks are a different story, but that isn't shown in the pictures.

LionFan72
09-01-2010, 09:49 PM
The Brownwood-Stephenville rivalary dates long before the last decade. As you can see, I graduated in '72. and I seem to remember an all out fight somewhere between 69-72. Not good sportmanship, but it was ugly. Let's just play the game without the cheap shots and the the winner moves on.

Rocket
09-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
not saying that at all.....just saying that in full speed, things happen quickly and if that player was trying hard to get to the QB, then he's going full speed towards him, just as the QB is going full speed into his pass, and coming towards the tackler. It happens fast and little thought goes into if his knee is in the way. Out of bounds hits and facemasks are a different story, but that isn't shown in the pictures.

IT IS STILL ILLEGAL. The point is there was no flag thrown and the helmet came down right on the knee. I know the game is a rough one, but I am not buying that the kid was innocent. Good sportsmanship was not the PATTERN of the evening. Cheapshots galore...

bwdlionfan
09-01-2010, 09:56 PM
IT IS STILL ILLEGAL. The point is there was no flag thrown and the helmet came down right on the knee. I know the game is a rough one, but I am not buying that the kid was innocent. Good sportsmanship was not the PATTERN of the evening. Cheapshots galore...

7 starters injured isn't just all due to "hard hits"