PDA

View Full Version : Burnet @ Wimberley

Chris Hart
10-24-2002, 01:54 PM
The field-turf in Wimberley handles rain pretty well, but the Burnet team had footing problems on the turf last year. The coaching staff in Burnet should have that problem fixed this year after learning the hard way. This game looks to be a blow-out on paper, but this has turned into an intense rivalry between the schools. Last year about 50% of the fans on the Wimberley side held up newspapers in front of their faces after the Wimberley school song all through the Burnet school song. I think it's just good clean fun, but others take it personal. I am going to say that Shipley has respect for the program in Wimberley, and will call the dogs off early if this game gets out of hand. Burnet had a tough time tackling in the rain last week. The field will most definately be soaked, so tackling might present a problem again. I say Burnet 35-7.

Old Dog
10-24-2002, 04:04 PM
Chris...check your PMs

Chris Hart
10-24-2002, 04:32 PM
Old Dog, I got your PM, and sent you a reply.

hotstuff
10-24-2002, 07:23 PM
Why did Burk leave Wimberly for another 3A school?

toby070
10-25-2002, 08:22 AM
hotstuff:
Why did Burk leave Wimberly for another 3A school?I think he knew that with the tons of kids he was losing to graduation that the timing was perfect for him to move on. He loved Wimberley, but that's the kind of a decision I guess a coach has to make if they aren't planning on staying in one spot for their entire career.