PDA

View Full Version : LH @ Cuero

Daddy D 11
08-30-2010, 02:39 PM
I said I had a feeling Wimberley would beat Cuero and I was right lol

So, let's hope the "unthinkable" happens again and LH shrugs off all its injury problems as well and goes into Cuero and pulls off a tight one!

Red&White_9x5
08-30-2010, 02:50 PM
I thought Wimberley has an outsdie chance of keeping it close, but didn't expect them to win. The Gobblers are 0-1 and at home, I have a feeling they come out on top of the Panthers

Super_R
08-30-2010, 03:21 PM
I'll get my 1st look at the Panthers this Friday. It feels so weird not to have seen them yet. I haven't even seen them scrimmage or practice. I'll have to admit I'm slacking this year.

LHdog
08-30-2010, 03:27 PM
I don't think the Panthers have the horsepower to beat the Gobblers at home. The defense appears to be suspect and the play calling predictable. Gobblers by 21.

runtowin
08-30-2010, 03:32 PM
predictable if you are predicting they call a running play!

wimbo_pro
08-30-2010, 03:51 PM
If Cuero makes a few less mistakes, they win the Wimberley game. I got a feeling they will work hard to fix those mistakes, and unleash a storm of scoring on LH. UNLESS.....LH can use their ball control of yesteryear and keep Cuero's offense off the field.

dude
08-30-2010, 03:57 PM
I got Cuero in this one, Cuero will not lose two in a row..

hollywood
08-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by dude
I got Cuero in this one, Cuero will not lose two in a row..

You just jinxed them! The unthinkable will happen now!

gobbler grad
08-30-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm picking Cuero, but am thinking LH could walk in here and take one as did Wimberley...we made our share of mistakes last week and I don't see fixing them all in just 7 days, but then again, can't remember the last time we lost 2 in a row...Gobblers squeak by and beat LH by a touchdown...more would be nice:D :D

GO MEAN GREEN

banderafan
08-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I'm picking Cuero, but am thinking LH could walk in here and take one as did Wimberley...we made our share of mistakes last week and I don't see fixing them all in just 7 days, but then again, can't remember the last time we lost 2 in a row...Gobblers squeak by and beat LH by a touchdown...more would be nice:D :D

GO MEAN GREEN

I was just going to ask when was the last time(if ever) that Cuero started out 0-2.

LHexPlayer
08-30-2010, 07:09 PM
We are going to need long sustaining drives to keep Jackson off the field. On defense we need to tackle better and stop diving at the running back's feet. If we dive at Jackson's feet he will likely make a cut and our defenders will be left grasping at air and turf. If we can do this and play great special teams we have a chance.

solocam
08-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Rouse was a weak opponant,Cuero is not
Gobblers by 24

wimbo_pro
08-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
If we dive at Jackson's feet he will likely make a cut and our defenders will be left grasping at air and turf. If we can do this and play great special teams we have a chance.

You have no idea just how accurate you are with this statement! This Jackson kid is incredibly agile, and has strength in the legs such that our kids had never seen. I saw him make a cut on two on our players going full speed that I only have seen in college play. Diving at his feet? You're toast.

Add to it, his teammates are well aware he will dance around for a while, so they come head hunting. POW!! You'll see quite a few of your defenders get popped like they have never been popped.

Keep him off the field. Thats the only hope. Thats how we did it, ad we STILL just squeaked by.

Oh...one more thing...dont punt or kick off to him or #3. Just dont do it. Pooch kick it and accept the shortened field. Trust me on this one.

gobbler grad
08-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by banderafan
I was just going to ask when was the last time(if ever) that Cuero started out 0-2.

actually in 2002, Cuero started out 0-4, losing to Rice, Rockport, Sealy, and Sinton and losing to Rice again in a bi-district game to end the year at 5-6 and then lost to Rice again when the Reeve era started in 2003...

I think Rice had our number...:thinking:

crabman
08-30-2010, 09:24 PM
I have not weighed in on the Cuero-Wimberley game yet. I guess the one thing I took from the game is that we did not get "Out-Athleted".

Running Backs - I would take Jackson over Smith. When Thibedeaux comes back at Fullback watch out.

Linebackers - I would take Thibedeaux and Hoffman. Wimberley was good but I know our guys.

Receivers - Cuero by a bunch. Two great wideouts. Probably the best tight end in the state in Hoffman. Don't believe it? Ask Wimbo Pro.

Line - Our five on offense match up with Wimberley's five on offense. The problem is that when we get to the defensive side of the ball Wimberley has five new guys and we have the same 4-5 guys on the defensive side. Conditioning will determine how good that works out.

Quarterback - Wimberley had a great QB but he was not really a passer. More of a spread running QB. That being said I was actually very impressed with Blaschke's skills. Not his play but his skills. The pucker factor was pretty high for his first game. Four fumbles, two lost, two interceptions, a couple of nervous handoffs. Srambling - A+. Passing 0-25 yards - A. Passing over 25 yards - B-. He is not Tyler Arndt and he shouldn't try to be on those long passes. I don't think he ever actually got sacked the other night and when he scrambled he picked up great yardage.

We had receivers run by our man coverage the other night. We missed some assignments on the line and the linebackers missed a few too. We are getting used to a new offensive coordinator and new play calling on both sides of the ball. When we get the offense back to the Schumacher, Noack brand of "dink 'em to death" short passing game of football we will be really good.

There is nothing that happened to us the other night that is not correctable. We don't have to put 50 lbs. on each of our linemen. We don't have to add 6" to the height of our receivers. We don't have to cut a half second off our running back's 40 times. Mistakes killed us much like walks and errors kill you in baseball. If you correct those things you are just fine.

That is the way I see it.

LHexPlayer
08-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by crabman

Line - Our five on offense match up with Wimberley's five on offense. The problem is that when we get to the defensive side of the ball Wimberley has five new guys and we have the same 4-5 guys on the defensive side. Conditioning will determine how good that works out.

This maybe one way we can keep sustained drives taking large amounts of clock off the board on Friday. We two platoon. Only one guy plays defense full time and part time offense. Our lines stay fresh because like Wimberley they only play one side of the ball and hopefully we can wear down the Cuero lines on Friday. Not saying for sure we will but this might happen on Friday.

Green Bling
08-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Thib's back on O this week.

CueroDad08
08-30-2010, 10:04 PM
I have not weighed in on the Cuero-Wimberley game yet. I guess the one thing I took from the game is that we did not get "Out-Athleted".

Running Backs - I would take Jackson over Smith. When Thibedeaux comes back at Fullback watch out.

Linebackers - I would take Thibedeaux and Hoffman. Wimberley was good but I know our guys.

Receivers - Cuero by a bunch. Two great wideouts. Probably the best tight end in the state in Hoffman. Don't believe it? Ask Wimbo Pro.

Quarterback - Wimberley had a great QB but he was not really a passer. More of a spread running QB. That being said I was actually very impressed with Blaschke's skills. Not his play but his skills. The pucker factor was pretty high for his first game. Four fumbles, two lost, two interceptions, a couple of nervous handoffs. Srambling - A+. Passing 0-25 yards - A. Passing over 25 yards - B-. He is not Tyler Arndt and he shouldn't try to be on those long passes. I don't think he ever actually got sacked the other night and when he scrambled he picked up great yardage.

We had receivers run by our man coverage the other night. We missed some assignments on the line and the linebackers missed a few too. We are getting used to a new offensive coordinator and new play calling on both sides of the ball. When we get the offense back to the Schumacher, Noack brand of "dink 'em to death" short passing game of football we will be really good.

There is nothing that happened to us the other night that is not correctable. We don't have to put 50 lbs. on each of our linemen. We don't have to add 6" to the height of our receivers. We don't have to cut a half second off our running back's 40 times. Mistakes killed us much like walks and errors kill you in baseball. If you correct those things you are just fine.

That is the way I see it. \

Wish I could speak like you..........Very well said.........Friday was a blessing in the Gobblers eyes. We now have something to fix early. Years past we would not know what was wrong untill we met up with someone who had the speed and size to match us. And most of the time that was deep in the playoffs. The kids came to work today......LH had better strap em on tite.

44INAROW
08-30-2010, 10:09 PM
I agree with Crabman.. and like Cuerodad said - I wish I could express my thoughts like Crabman does. Looking forward to another good game Friday night..........

GO MEAN GREEN

wimbo_pro
08-30-2010, 11:51 PM

There is nothing that happened to us the other night that is not correctable.

So true. The game could have gone either way....just a fumble here or there...an interception...a called back TD run. There is nothing "wrong" with Cuero. People who think this do so at their peril.

I will say this though...Wimberley is used to being smaller and less "athletic", comparing man-to-man. It was that way in '05 too. It's the Team play that pulled us through. Of course you have to have a certain level of talent, and we have it again. Thank God!

It's too bad that one of these teams will not get past the 2nd round of the play offs. Is there even the possibility of Cuero going D1? It's not possible for Wimberley...we are the 2nd smallest school in our district.

wimbo_pro
08-31-2010, 12:01 AM
OK..just checked. The only way Cuero can go D1 is if Poteet and Yoakum make the play offs. Is that possible?

headhunter
08-31-2010, 12:05 AM
Someone asked when is thelast time Cuero lost two in a row -

We have a current two game losing streak - I do not see it going to three - lets just keep fixing the little things - we should b find - In 5-7 weeks we will se a team starting to really gel

duckpluck
08-31-2010, 07:05 AM
Liberty Hill beat up on a much weaker opponent this past week. Don't get me wrong, the Panthers looked real good but ROuse is a new school with NO seniors. This Panther team is better than last year but going to Cuero and beating them is very very slim.
I am a LH homer and have seen them play.

LE Dad
08-31-2010, 09:19 AM
If the game was in LH, possibly LH, but in Cuero I gotta go with the Gobblers... just don't see them losing back to back at home with the team that they have back.

LHexPlayer
08-31-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by duckpluck
Liberty Hill beat up on a much weaker opponent this past week. Don't get me wrong, the Panthers looked real good but ROuse is a new school with NO seniors. This Panther team is better than last year but going to Cuero and beating them is very very slim.
I am a LH homer and have seen them play.

Rouse is no Cuero and they aren't a top 3a team by any means, but I've seen a lot worse teams than Rouse. They had plenty of athletes on that team. I would describe them as a middle of the road 3a team talent wise. They reminded me a lot of the Waco Connally teams we opened our season with during the two state champion seasons.

LHexPlayer
08-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
If the game was in LH, possibly LH, but in Cuero I gotta go with the Gobblers... just don't see them losing back to back at home with the team that they have back.

Gotta agree with you on this. That Wimberley win over Cuero was the worst thing that could have happened to LH. For one Wimberley won and Panther fans never want Wimberley to win at anything.:D And two Cuero is probably slightly pissed off right about now. I'm sure they can't wait to take out their frustrations on the Panthers.

wimbo_pro
08-31-2010, 09:25 AM
Gotta agree with you on this. That Wimberley win over Cuero was the worst thing that could have happened to LH. For one Wimberley won and Panther fans never want Wimberley to win at anything.:D And two Cuero is probably slightly pissed off right about now. I'm sure they can't wait to take out their frustrations on the Panthers.

I was thinking the same thing...and I was thinking just how displeased you probably were with the Wimberley victory!

LE Dad
08-31-2010, 10:02 AM
... For one Wimberley won and Panther fans never want Wimberley to win at anything.:D :spitlol:Now that is just a :fnypost:!!!

:D

rojosgirl
08-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Well put Crabman. GO GOBBLERS!

LH Panther Mom
08-31-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
Liberty Hill beat up on a much weaker opponent this past week.
With our 3rd string QB! ;)

NewSherriff
08-31-2010, 09:34 PM
Your QB is a non-factor. You can teach anybody to hide the ball. Ya'll start that in the 4th grade don't you. And to an earlier post....I definitely agree that Cuero needs to go back to letting the QB's dink people to death with high percentage passing.

steerz2010
08-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
You just jinxed them! The unthinkable will happen now!
Brownwood will win state :):D :D :p

LHPfactory
09-01-2010, 09:00 AM
This is sounding all to familiar........ Im starting to have that
2006--ish feeling again...... wonder what is in store?......too early to tell......

And no, the QB in the Slot has to be a Vegas Dealer to pull it off. Last season, the ball was hanging out there like an orderve tray waiting on the running backs, I am happy to say that last friday night I actually started loosing the ball again. 4th grade ? are you kidding? Ive been teaching my son to hide the ball since the first grade.....;)

greendawg84
09-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Mr Thompson is a good QB but that wont matter , Gobblers by a bunch. To quote an earler post " Rouse aint no Cuero.

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by NewSherriff
Your QB is a non-factor.
Maybe he is, maybe is isn't. What I can say is that I have witnessed teams that would've folded (mentally) before the game ever started knowing that a key (and yes, our qb is "key") player had never seen the field on a Friday and was the 3rd string. This team has some grit and a great attitude. They may lose, but it won't be without a fight. :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

http://www.elements4health.com/images/stories/food/green-beans.jpg

44INAROW
09-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

http://www.elements4health.com/images/stories/food/green-beans.jpg

ROFL love it................ :D I'm sure I'll have to explain what this means to some tonight :confused: ;) ;)

Daddy D 11
09-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Is Thompson going to be back for this week?

If his backup hides the ball better than he does, Thompson should stay on the sidelines... or play defense.

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Time will tell...

LHexPlayer
09-01-2010, 11:13 PM

If his backup hides the ball better than he does, Thompson should stay on the sidelines... or play defense.

Offense ran real well with 3 string QB. He had a couple of bad center/ QB exchanges that he fumbled but I think he regained all of his fumbles. That kind of thing is expected with a new QB under center. They didn't ask him to pass much or run much. He hid the ball well throughout the game.

LHexPlayer
09-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Time will tell...

I'm curious if and when Howe gets back, where does he fit in on the offense now? It seems that our backfield my be set. I was overly impressed with the 3 backs. Johnny is very fast and in my opinion is our best back. Corn is small but strong as an ox. Leger runs very hard at times but also stops sometimes hoping to make a huge cut, but he doesn't have the burst of speed for a big change of direction. He is more of a straight ahead runner. If he will committ to just run up field as hard as he can and fight for those extra yards, feet, or inches he will be damn good. Thompson(if he gets back) will be a dang good runner. He seemed to be making better decisions in the scrimmages on when to run the ball on roll outs when nothing was open or throw the ball out of bounds if he could not get a running lane to open up. He seems to have matured as a QB mentally.

I have to say I like this team and they remind me a lot of that 2006 team. They may struggle some early in this tough predistrict schedule but I see them learning from these tough games and growing as a team.

I can't wait till Friday to go watch them gain the respect of the Cuero faithful just like in 06.

Daddy D 11
09-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Sometimes one of our best running plays was just when the qb would roll out on a pass play and then tuck it up for 10 easy yards. I know Celina runs that alot, I'd like to see us incorporate that as just a designed play.

LHexPlayer
09-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Sometimes one of our best running plays was just when the qb would roll out on a pass play and then tuck it up for 10 easy yards. I know Celina runs that alot, I'd like to see us incorporate that as just a designed play.

Thompson had a few good one like that in the scrimmages. They were the type of plays were last year he would force the ball to a a receiver at about 15 yards down field when he could have ran the thing for about 20 yards if he would have just tucked the ball. Like I said he seems to be making better decisions. Hopefully that continues if and when he returns.

Green Bling
09-02-2010, 09:34 AM
http://www.elements4health.com/images/stories/food/green-beans.jpg [/B][/QUOTE]

Was gonna ask you about the Green Beans, but got the story from 44 last night at Booster Club. Now that's just funny! We'll have to enunciate more clearly in the future. You'll have to let us know how we're doing with that! :D :D :D Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night!!

rojosgirl
09-02-2010, 09:48 AM
:confused:

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
:confused:
The first time we played Cuero (2005), the "GO MEAN GREEN" thingy was being yelled. My husband thought you all were saying "MORE GREEN BEANS". :D :doh:

Tx Challenge
09-02-2010, 06:25 PM
The first time we played Cuero (2005), the "GO MEAN GREEN" thingy was being yelled. My husband thought you all were saying "MORE GREEN BEANS". :D :doh:

No..That is called "selective" hearing....Do it all the time myself!

gobbler grad
09-02-2010, 09:28 PM
I hope we yell "Go Mean Green" all night long...:thinking:

Daddy D 11
09-02-2010, 09:29 PM
I hope Cuero loses.

44INAROW
09-02-2010, 10:02 PM
I hope Cuero loses.

I hope Cuero wins so we can make it a sweep

Cuero Freshman 42
LH Freshman 12 (I also heard 14)

Cuero JV 7
LH JV 6

GO MEAN GREEN :)

PS hope the JV Player from LH is OK..
LHPM please keep us posted if you hear anything

Green Bling
09-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2010, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I hope Cuero wins so we can make it a sweep

Cuero Freshman 42
LH Freshman 12 (I also heard 14)

Cuero JV 7
LH JV 6

GO MEAN GREEN :)

PS hope the JV Player from LH is OK..
LHPM please keep us posted if you hear anything
42-12 might be correct - sometimes my sources aren't paying that much attention. ;) Will do - Adam said he was on the field about 30-minutes before the EMS got there and they strapped him on a body board. :(

M-town lobo fan
09-03-2010, 06:40 AM

Here in Monahans they yell out GO GREEN GO! I sware they are saying GO GRINGO! lol

LHexPlayer
09-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Game day fans! I love when LH plays Cuero. They are hard fought games that make me proud to be a fan of my team. I've also become a Cuero fan over the years after seeing how great their community support is.

This will be a huge early test for our Panther team. Cuero will most definitely be faster and more athletic but I know our coaches will have the boys ready to play smart and hard. We will also never give up and will fight to the end. We will get a chance tonight to see how far we have come from our disappointing season last year. They say you improve the most between game 1 and game 2 of your season. Tonight will tell us a lot about how much we have improved and how far we still have to go to be the top team in 3a again.

I will never forget our last trip to Cuero in 2006 when we almost shocked the Gobbler faithful and took the win. After the game the Cuero fans gave our boys a standing ovation as they left the field. That showed me what type of class the community of Cuero has and that's what I expect tonight.

44INAROW
09-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Here in Monahans they yell out GO GREEN GO! I sware they are saying GO GRINGO! lol

Now that's funny :)

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2010, 02:00 PM
(Thunder) (x10)
I was caught
In the middle of a railroad track (Thunder)
I looked 'round,
And I knew there was no turning back (Thunder)
My mind raced
And I thought what could I do? (Thunder)
And I knew
There was no help, no help from you (Thunder)
Sound of the drums
Beatin' in my heart
The thunder of guns!
Tore me apart
You've been - thunderstruck!
Rode down the highway
Broke the limit, we hit the ton
Went through to Texas, yeah Texas
And we had some fun
We met some girls,
Some dancers who gave a good time
Broke all the rules, played all the fools
Yeah, yeah, they, they, they blew our minds
And I was shakin' at the knees
Could I come again please.
Yeah the ladies were too kind
You've been - thunderstruck, thunderstruck
Yeah yeah yeah, thunderstruck
Oh, thunderstruck, yeah
Yeah
Now we're shaking at the knees
Could I come again please.
Thunderstruck, thunderstruck
Yeah yeah yeah, thunderstruck
Thunderstruck, yeah, yeah, yeah
Said yeah, it's alright
We're! Doing fine
Yeah, it's alright
We're! Doing fine
So fine
Thunderstruck, yeah, yeah, yeah,
Thunderstruck, thunderstruck, thunderstruck
Whoa baby, baby, thunderstruck
You've been thunderstruck, thunderstruck
Thunderstruck, thunderstruck, thunderstruck
You've been thunderstruck

wimbo_pro
09-03-2010, 02:30 PM
oh hush.

maroogreen
09-03-2010, 06:15 PM

I will never forget our last trip to Cuero in 2006 when we almost shocked the Gobbler faithful and took the win. After the game the Cuero fans gave our boys a standing ovation as they left the field. That showed me what type of class the community of Cuero has and that's what I expect tonight.

The Cuero that I have always known appreciates good football and athleticism, no matter the source. I don't know that I've ever seen us give a standing O to a team that was mouthy and played dirty, but a class act like LH will always get respect for a well-played game.

LHPfactory
09-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
This is sounding all to familiar........ Im starting to have that
2006--ish feeling again...... wonder what is in store?......too early to tell......

And no, the QB in the Slot has to be a Vegas Dealer to pull it off. Last season, the ball was hanging out there like an orderve tray waiting on the running backs, I am happy to say that last friday night I actually started loosing the ball again. 4th grade ? are you kidding? Ive been teaching my son to hide the ball since the first grade.....;)

Looking good, This group has the potential to become a dang good football team if they keep improving and taking it a game at a time.

LH Panther Mom
09-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
I'll get my 1st look at the Panthers this Friday. It feels so weird not to have seen them yet. I haven't even seen them scrimmage or practice. I'll have to admit I'm slacking this year.
Slacker! :p Sooooo...what'd you think?

This team has some grit and a great attitude. They may lose, but it won't be without a fight. :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:
I call it grit, Daddy D calls it scrappiness - either way, I like it! We're baaaack!

What an awesome game! And I would feel that way if the score had been reversed. Both teams left it ALL on the field and it was anyone's ballgame until time ran out, especially that :31 between the 2:17 and 1:46 marks! Great game, Gobblers! :clap: I'm rooting for you until about the 2nd/4th round of the playoffs if/when we meet up again. (And yes, wimpy...you need to worry about us! ;) )

XtremeCouture
09-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Cuero didn't have the ball down one possession in those finals minutes so it really could have only gone one way.

LHexPlayer
09-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Great game last night! We just keep improving. I was impressed by our defense keeping Jackson in check until he finally broke that long one at the end of the game.

wimbo_pro
09-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Good to see LH back on track.