PDA

View Full Version : Question for Brownwood peeps...

ccmom
08-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Obviously, Wylie is the underdog vs S'ville this week. So I am not really interested so much in who you think WILL win this game, but I would like to know who you HOPE wins. :thinking: I know y'all have S'ville next week, and that they are long time rivals of Brownwood. So, are you hoping S'ville gets beat by Wylie this week or do you think that playing them after 2 losses could back fire on the Lions? :thinking: Also, IF Wylie were to beat S'ville (which might be a BIG IF) would that put more pressure on Brownwood to prove themselves worthy of the #1 ranking by beating S'ville as well? Or are you hoping S'ville wins by a big margin so that a Brownwood win over S'ville would appear that much more impressive? Do Brownwood and S'ville have the kind of rivalry in which they NEVER root for each other, or do they tend to support each other during season?

That's a lot of questions and babbling, I know. The point is, I'd like to know who Brownwood posters would like to see when the S'ville/Wylie game. :)

hollywood
08-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Stephenville HATES Brownwood. Always have and always will. 27 years of getting pummeled didn't help their liking of us. I never had a problem with Stephenville. SO, it really doesn't matter who wins the Wylie/Sville game, because we are going to ROLL both of them!

95mustang
08-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Pesronally I would like to see Wylie win just because I support 5-3A, however with the loss Stephenville just had to Aledo I feel they will come out with something to prove. I can tell you that their offensive line and running backs are GOOD. I know they passed the ball alot against Aledo and it didn't work out to their advantage so I think (just a personal opinion) that they will come out and run the ball most of the night. Honestly I think last years Wylie team could have played them close I don't know about this years yet. I hope Wylie comes out of a good game injury free though.

ccmom
08-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Stephenville HATES Brownwood.

LOL....I wondered if it was one of "those kind" of rivalries.

jason
08-30-2010, 01:15 PM
just hope brownwood can stay withing 5 touchdowns of stephenville this year...last years game was boring....

hollywood
08-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by jason
just hope brownwood can stay withing 5 touchdowns of stephenville this year...last years game was boring....

:blahblah:, See I told you! LOL

Can't wait until 09/10!

jason
08-30-2010, 01:23 PM
:blahblah:, See I told you! LOL

Can't wait until 09/10!

lol, i dont have the hate for brownwood that a lot of locals have - ive only been here for 5 years and 2 of those were for college...

i plan on going, might even be sitting on the brownwood side - i honestly dont care who wins, as long as its a good, close game...

Rocket
08-30-2010, 01:29 PM
I am glad Wylie is getting to see what it is like to play a strong 4A. I do hope they play well and even beat Sville. If they can beat Sville, we can destroy them. LOL

Bosqueville
08-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Nothing would make me happier (except maybe a Brownwood victory the following week) than to see Stephenville lose to a 3A team. Oh the shame and embarrassment!!

Rocket
08-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by jason
lol, i dont have the hate for brownwood that a lot of locals have - ive only been here for 5 years and 2 of those were for college...

i plan on going, might even be sitting on the brownwood side - i honestly dont care who wins, as long as its a good, close game...

Agreed. I am ready to see a good game.

ronwx5x
08-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Stephenville HATES Brownwood. Always have and always will. 27 years of getting pummeled didn't help their liking of us. I never had a problem with Stephenville. SO, it really doesn't matter who wins the Wylie/Sville game, because we are going to ROLL both of them!

Hmmmm. since 1998 Brownwood is 2-8 against S'ville. Not quite pummeling!:eek:

Rocket
08-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

12 years vs 27 years...I will take the 27 years every time. :rolleyes:

We beat Stephenville 27 years in a row...

Looking4number8
08-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Personally I am torn. We have a long history with the Ville and I respect their program alot. We are in the same district with AW and I have made some pretty good buddies with some of you guys.... cant say that about anybody from the ville although I like a bunch of their posters.

When it comes to the bottom line, everything included I have decided I want Stephenville to whip the tar out of Wylie for one reason. I am sick of everybody telling us that 3a is as good as 4a, then saying they only lost to another 3a team because they were so much larger. Wylie is a well respected 3A team by the downlow and if the ville puts a whipping on them after they got their butts handed to them by another 4A, it might say something. I will never expect the downlow to care anyone ir respect Brownwood until we earn it but for me it would be a little true justice...

Sville
08-30-2010, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't say hate hollywood. But the rivalry has been intense over the years, especially when we were in the same district for several decades. When Bwood got moved to region 2 their last years in 4A it seemed to drop in intensity, and even more so since their move to 3A. Don't get me wrong, " BEAT BROWNWOOD" week is still big, but the difference now is that once the game is over it is over. I feel like both teams know they have bigger games to come. Where as the win or loss would linger for most of the season, b/c of the district and playoff ramifications it had back in the day.

Also I think the biggest majority of the venom from Sville in this rivalry came from the 70's and 80's generation. Most of their kids have come and gone through the program so some of that has died down as well.

There are many shenanigans that have gone on in the Battle of 377. Here is just a couple.

1. My uncle likes to tell the story how in the early 60's his senior year, they played a prank on Bwood. Sville was playing Bwood in the last game of the year and they sneaked over there in the middle of the night about two weeks before the game and planted winter rye at midfield that spelled out SHS. I am sure you can imagine how brown the fields got towards the end of the season back then. You had this brown football field with the prettiest green rye grass spelling out SHS.

2. I can't remember what year it was in the mid 90's, but some Bwood hooligans sneaked onto one of Sville's buses and set the damn thing on fire during the game. I am sure some of Bwood peeps remember that one.

Sville
08-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
12 years vs 27 years...I will take the 27 years every time. :rolleyes:

We beat Stephenville 27 years in a row...

I'd rather be the current winners than the past losers in this rivalry.

Sville-Bwood Rivalry (http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=22.0)

Lets get the facts straight Captain Exaggeration.

We owned this rivalry going 14-4 over the last 20 years. And you did not beat Sville 27 years in a row. It was 25 wins in a row for Bwood. We didn't play in 1967 and we tied in Briles' first year in 1988. The accurate staement is it took Sville 27 years to beat Brownwood.

Looking4number8
08-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Sville
2. I can't remember what year it was in the mid 90's, but some Bwood hooligans sneaked onto one of Sville's buses and set the damn thing on fire during the game. I am sure some of Bwood peeps remember that one.

That one was in the late 70's. I remember it well because a frined of mine was there when it happened. Actually they threw a smoke bomb on the bus to make it look like it was on fire and it must have caught something elso on fire.

Sville
08-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
That one was in the late 70's. I remember it well because a frined of mine was there when it happened. Actually they threw a smoke bomb on the bus to make it look like it was on fire and it must have caught something elso on fire.

It happened again in the 90's then. I remember it vividly. I was sitting on the top row and remember the smoke and flames and watching the FD put it out after officials went through several extinguishers trying to do the same.

BEAST
08-30-2010, 02:03 PM
It happened again in the 90's then. I remember it vividly. I was sitting on the top row and remember the smoke and flames and watching the FD put it out after officials went through several extinguishers trying to do the same.

Yes that was in the 90s. However, it was done after several Brownwood folks cars were keyed, tires slashed, and some windows busted out.

BEAST

bwdlionfan
08-30-2010, 02:11 PM

It was 1996 during the double OT game.

Rocket
08-30-2010, 02:13 PM
I'd rather be the current winners than the past losers in this rivalry.

Sville-Bwood Rivalry (http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=22.0)

Lets get the facts straight Captain Exaggeration.

We owned this rivalry going 14-4 over the last 20 years. And you did not beat Sville 27 years in a row. It was 25 wins in a row for Bwood. We didn't play in 1967 and we tied in Briles' first year in 1988. The accurate staement is it took Sville 27 years to beat Brownwood.

Spoken like a current loser...

We beat the best team you ever put on a field.

Looking4number8
08-30-2010, 02:23 PM

You are prob right cause I remembered it being at a UIL event somewhere, not a football game. 2 buses in 30 years, thats not too bad

garciap77
08-30-2010, 02:26 PM

Hey! At least wait until after work before you start drinking!:D

;)

garciap77
08-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

Since coming to 3A, Brownwood is 0-2 vs Wylie!:D

:stirpot:

:1popcorn:

Sville
08-30-2010, 02:46 PM

We beat the best team you ever put on a field.

Negative Ghost Rider

The best team we ever put on a field was 1994. That team had 11 D1 players and 16 total players that went to play college ball.

ccmom
08-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Yes that was in the 90s. However, it was done after several Brownwood folks cars were keyed, tires slashed, and some windows busted out.

BEAST

So, how about you, BEAST? Who do you hope to see win or do you not really care either way?

garciap77
08-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Should I remove all my Wylie stickers from my vehicle or just rent one from the game?:(

BwdLion73
08-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

Should I remove all my Wylie stickers from my vehicle or just rent one from the game?:(

I thought you would just have your chauffeur watch the Limo while you were at the game.

:thinking: :D

Sville
08-30-2010, 03:05 PM

Should I remove all my Wylie stickers from my vehicle or just rent one from the game?:( '

You will be fine as long you dont have any Bwood stickers on your car.;)

Sville
08-30-2010, 03:09 PM
The last incident I remember happening was 8 years ago, when our mascot was caught shoe polishing the entrance to BHS. BISD decided not file any charges on the kid as long as he cleaned it up during school hours. He spent a whole day with the Bwood student body watching him clean the shoe polish off the glass.

BEAST
08-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
So, how about you, BEAST? Who do you hope to see win or do you not really care either way?

I like / respect both programs. I agree with Sville in that the 94' team is the best they have ever had and I played against that team. Followed them all through the playoffs. Since then, unless we are playing them, I found myself hoping they do well. Likewise, several years back when Brownwood and Wylie started doing dual practices during 2 a days and then having a scrimmage a week later, I also found myself wanting the Bulldogs to win unless the Lions are involved. So, I am in a rock a hard place. I think Stephenville will win. But a Wylie upset would not shock me at all. Good luck to both.

BEAST

garciap77
08-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I thought you would just have your chauffeur watch the Limo while you were at the game.

:thinking: :D

:D

I just wanted Hollywood to feel comfortable meeting with me!

;)

hollywood
08-30-2010, 05:33 PM
:D

I just wanted Hollywood to feel comfortable meeting with me!

;)

LOL. Yeah, bunch of thugs over here in the Crosstimbers area. Gotta watch your back at night or your cars will be jacked up when you get back. Just don't make too big of a scene GP77, or I might have to get out of town and go watch my Lions throttle the lesser male cows! LOL

Rocket
08-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Negative Ghost Rider

The best team we ever put on a field was 1994. That team had 11 D1 players and 16 total players that went to play college ball.

Who had the better offense? '94 or '98?

Trashman
08-30-2010, 06:40 PM
I hope that Wylie wins, have to support our brothers in 5-3A.:D

ccmom
08-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I hope that Wylie wins, have to support our brothers in 5-3A.:D

I'm with you. I always root for our district to do well in all sports. Well, maybe except for Snyder, but they don't really count, right? :taunt: :taunt:

Trashman
08-30-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm with you. I always root for our district to do well in all sports. Well, maybe except for Snyder, but they don't really count, right? :taunt: :taunt:

RIGHT! :D

garciap77
08-30-2010, 07:14 PM
.............................. Well, maybe except for Snyder, but they don't really count, right? :taunt: :taunt:

No more HOT CHOCOLATE for you!:D

;)

ccmom
08-30-2010, 07:37 PM
No more HOT CHOCOLATE for you!:D

;) DaHop knows he is the exception to the "Snyder rule". Besides, he probably won't ever buy me another hot chocolate again after last season. Let's just hope it's cool enough outside for hot drinks by then!!!

Rocket
08-30-2010, 07:55 PM
I will be making an appearance at Snyder this year. Thought I would go ahead and announce it. I have been driving through there a lot lately on my way to Brownwood. It smells like armpits.:eek:

garciap77
08-30-2010, 08:17 PM
I will be making an appearance at Snyder this year. Thought I would go ahead and announce it. I have been driving through there a lot lately on my way to Brownwood. It smells like armpits.:eek:

Looking4number8
08-30-2010, 08:31 PM
It smells like armpits.:eek:

You must have caught them on a good day!