PDA

View Full Version : Merkel VS. Lamesa

wildstangs
11-02-2003, 05:34 PM
Last year Lamesa upstet the Badgers and kept them out of the playoffs. Doubt it will happen again. Merkel by 24.

Loboes14
11-02-2003, 06:16 PM
I am saying Merkel all the way.

oneheartbeat
11-02-2003, 07:05 PM
gotta go with those badgers from merkle by 35

baddude
11-03-2003, 04:12 PM
i know this topic does not involve snyder but go denver city
last year dc beat snyder and then lamesa scored on them so go denver city
snyder is sorry.

Knightmoon
11-03-2003, 10:30 PM
Somebody give me the scoop on the Monahans/Lamesa game. How did Lamesa get by Monahans?

oneheartbeat
11-03-2003, 10:39 PM
no tellin knightmoon prolly just got lucky

lobo12
11-03-2003, 11:21 PM
we played a good game but just couldnt score. they scored on a lucky fumble return, but it kind woke us up so it was a blessing in some ways.

Knightmoon
11-03-2003, 11:28 PM
I can't help but be a little nervous about this game. Lamesa just flat out-played Merkel last year. Merkel has a better team this year and I think has something to prove to themselves. Last year, Lamesa pulled all the stops. You could tell by the onside kick to start the game, Lamesa was taking no prisoners. Merkel got the ball and drove to inside the 10 and fumbled the football. Lamesa went for the 1st in just about every 4th down situation-- and got it many times. Merkel got way behind, but roared back in the 4th quarter. With less than two minutes in the game, the Badgers scored to make it 22-20. Merkel went for two to tie the game. Lamesa sacked the QB. Merkel kicked the onside kick and recovered the ball. Merkel made it to about the 30 yard line when time ran out.Too little-too late.Merkel was picked to win big over Lamesa. Merkel had their starting QB and running back returning after both had been out due to injury for three games.Over-confident and too relaxed.Yep! Lamesa kicked their butts. Merkel better not be thinking about Greenwood, Kermit, or anybody other than Lamesa this Friday night. I do not believe history will repeat itself this time around. Merkel will crush Lamesa. The Badgers by 28.-- and we will worry about whoever after that.

Knightmoon
11-03-2003, 11:39 PM
Monahans played Merkel a heck of a football game. Merkel made 4 goal line stands and Monahans came up empty handed. When I read that Lamesa beat Monahans, it was an eye opener for me. I just don't want Merkel going into this game overconfident.Merkel and Lamesa have about the same win/loss records as last year. The playoff picture is almost identical. The only difference- Merkel has had a whole year to stew on last year's season ending game, they weren't expected to lose. Merkel's team slogan this year is "GET IT DONE". I believe they will do just that. Forty years is long enough, and I for one am tired of hearing about it. GO BADGERS!!!!