1 Wimberley
2 Cuero
3 Lampasas
4 Sweeny
5 SA Sam Houston

This is my top 5

LHexPlayer
08-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Not sure about putting Lampasas in there. Their one point win over Manor was not too impressive. I think they scored the game winning point as time expired too.

LHexPlayer
08-30-2010, 08:54 AM
I just looked at the teams in Region 4 for the first time. Seems awfully weak. Not sure who you would put in a top 5.

wimbo_pro
08-30-2010, 07:49 PM
I think its pretty clear that the only two obvious top 5 are Cuero and Wimberley. And though I enjoy seeing CueroDad put Wimberley ahead of Cuero (I thank you for the respect), I think either one of them could be in that spot come regular season end. Round 2 will be the battle...assuming both make it that far. And in my view, looking at the schedules, its a damned good bet that this match-up will indeed take place.

It's as safe a bet as betting on Brownwood to win it all!! LOL:D

CueroDad08
08-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I think its pretty clear that the only two obvious top 5 are Cuero and Wimberley. And though I enjoy seeing CueroDad put Wimberley ahead of Cuero (I thank you for the respect), I think either one of them could be in that spot come regular season end. Round 2 will be the battle...assuming both make it that far. And in my view, looking at the schedules, its a damned good bet that this match-up will indeed take place.

It's as safe a bet as betting on Brownwood to win it all!! LOL:D

Like I said late friday night, The Gobblers have already marked it down that area round. They will not look ahead at all, they just want to remember how that felt, and not let it happen again. The Gobblers know who is going to be in town this friday. They will be ready.

SHSBulldog00
08-30-2010, 08:07 PM
What does LHS have this year? Been awhile for them!

LHexPlayer
08-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
What does LHS have this year? Been awhile for them!

Who?

Daddy D 11
08-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
I just looked at the teams in Region 4 for the first time. Seems awfully weak. Not sure who you would put in a top 5.

I thought the same thing when I looked. I laughed at how WEAKKKK it was lol

LV_Bearfan
08-30-2010, 08:34 PM
1. Wimberley
2. Cuero
3. La Vernia
4. Sam Houston
5. Somerset

gobbler grad
08-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Sam Houston should be #2, then LV, then Cuero and Somerset...:thinking:

SHSBulldog00
08-31-2010, 10:05 AM
Who?

Lampasas

wimbo_pro
08-31-2010, 10:15 AM
Region 4 is no where as deep as the other regions, especially Region 1 and 2. But thats ok...a State Champ just might come out of it anyways!

LHexPlayer
08-31-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Region 4 is no where as deep as the other regions, especially Region 1 and 2. But thats ok...a State Champ just might come out of it anyways!

Very true. There are still some very good teams in region 4 just not as many as other regions. Let those other regions beat the crap out of each other. Then region 4 can come in fresh and take the trophy.

I think it just jumped out at me more than before because Liberty Hill has been in region 3 and Region 1 for the last 4 years. But we made it further in those regions than we did in region 4. Odd:thinking:

LHexPlayer
08-31-2010, 10:23 AM
Lampasas

Not positive what Lampasas has, but have heard they have a good running back and QB and a good linebacker. A lot seems to be made of the fact they dropped down from 4a after making the playoffs last year. But I think the district they were in at the 4a level was very weak last year. So I'm not sure to make much of that playoff berth.
Also I think they got a new coach last year and he seems to be changing things for them in a positive way. Like I said I don't know much about them. Things are quiet in the Austin area about Lampasas.

rojosgirl
08-31-2010, 10:24 AM
No matter how good the Region 4 teams may be, we never get much respect. And that happens year after year!

SHSBulldog00
08-31-2010, 10:27 AM
We played them in the early 90's in the playoffs and lost. Never heard of them before that. Thought we might see each other again this year.

LHexPlayer
08-31-2010, 10:39 AM
We played them in the early 90's in the playoffs and lost. Never heard of them before that. Thought we might see each other again this year.

They should make the playoffs this year.

Red&White_9x5
08-31-2010, 11:00 AM
What does the Lampasas district look like? Who are the frontrunners for the post season?

SHSBulldog00
08-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
What does the Lampasas district look like? Who are the frontrunners for the post season?

District 25
Burnet
Lampasas
Liberty Hill
Llano
Salado
Taylor

I would say Liberty Hill, Burnet, Lampasas

jp744
08-31-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't think so. I think that Lampassas gets bumped out and it is Llano or Salado that get in and Burnet goes Div 1. JMO

1. Burnet
2. Liberty Hill
3. Llano
4. Lampasas
5. Salado
6. Taylor

jp744
08-31-2010, 02:26 PM
Region IV Top 5 for me
1. Wimberley tough game coming up against the Bears though.
2. Cuero tough pre district tough district schedule could get rough for the gobblers
3. LaVernia 2nd toughest Pre District and District Schedule behind Cuero
4. Sinton you forgot about the Pirates
5. Sam Houston

Coach BS
08-31-2010, 03:29 PM
Wimberly
Cuero
LaVernia
and I guess Sinton
I cant think of 5 teams, wow

pirate4state
08-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by jp744
Region IV Top 5 for me
2. Cuero tough pre district tough district schedule could get rough for the gobblers
5. Sam Houston

It's okay ... we like to sneak up on people :D

SintonFan_inAustin
08-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
1 Wimberley
2 Cuero
3 Lampasas
4 Sweeny
5 SA Sam Houston

This is my top 5 keep showing no respect for Sinton. Past two years have made some good runs and offensively one of the tops in the region. Sinton improves defensively they will get back to region final and hopefully come out with a win this time.

CueroDad08
08-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by jp744
Region IV Top 5 for me
5. Sam Houston

I would have to put Mathis ahead of Sinton this year. And I would still not put Mathis in top 5

LV_Bearfan
08-31-2010, 07:22 PM
With all due respect to Sinton, I thought about putting you guys in my top 10. I just have no idea what you have this year. I assume you'll be competitive as usual and could end up in my top five. I just don't think anyone should be put there based on last year. I wouldn't have put La Vernia there either, but they impressed me against Wylie.

LH Panther Mom
08-31-2010, 08:24 PM
Not positive what Lampasas has, but have heard they have a good running back and QB and a good linebacker. A lot seems to be made of the fact they dropped down from 4a after making the playoffs last year. But I think the district they were in at the 4a level was very weak last year. So I'm not sure to make much of that playoff berth.
Also I think they got a new coach last year and he seems to be changing things for them in a positive way. Like I said I don't know much about them. Things are quiet in the Austin area about Lampasas.
I don't know about this years' RB. From the little I know (which isn't much lol) their best RB graduated last year. Unless he was on Varsity in 2007, I didn't see him play. I did see him throw the discus & shot at several meets the past 2-3 years and he was good!

I wonder if the win over Manor by 1 may be a sign of this years' team. :thinking:

LHexPlayer
08-31-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I don't know about this years' RB. From the little I know (which isn't much lol) their best RB graduated last year. Unless he was on Varsity in 2007, I didn't see him play. I did see him throw the discus & shot at several meets the past 2-3 years and he was good!

I wonder if the win over Manor by 1 may be a sign of this years' team. :thinking:

I think you may be right. Looking at their stats it seems to be a running back by committee type thing. The QB only passed twice all game against Manor. Not only did they beat Manor by one, they scored on the last play of the game to get the touchdown. Meaning no extra point was attempted at the end.

SintonFan
08-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Sam Houston has some incredible talent on their team this year. But beating 4A Brackenridge big time is only one game and I'm not sold on Brack. They look top 5 so far, with who they put on the field though.

Speaking about Manor. Don't they always start real strong and then kind of fade away toward the end of the season?:thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It's okay ... we like to sneak up on people :D Different color of Pirates seems to have sneak up on a suppose to be one of the best Flour Bluff teams, Rockport Fulton has looked great in their first two games and still two more very good 4a teams in their schedule, Gregory Portland and Port Lavaca Calhoun