PDA

View Full Version : Charlie47

ccmom
08-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Or anyone else who knows....give us some post game thoughts on the Lovejoy/Argyle game. Also, will Michael Means be back this week?

LE Dad
08-29-2010, 02:19 PM
I heard that they lost a couple of O linemen and a D lineman early on in that game does anyone know the extent of those injuries?

Hate to see injuries. Hopefully these are all minor.

Charlie47
08-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Or anyone else who knows....give us some post game thoughts on the Lovejoy/Argyle game. Also, will Michael Means be back this week?

We were already banged up, unsure about Michael. He came back into
the game but was not mobile.

I was real happy that AW had a great game. What were AW injuries?

ccmom
08-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
We were already banged up, unsure about Michael. He came back into
the game but was not mobile.

I was real happy that AW had a great game. What were AW injuries? Best wishes to Means for a speedy recovery. He's a talented young man and hopefully will have a great year. No injuries for Wylie last night that I am aware of.

ccmom
08-29-2010, 08:55 PM
So Charlie, you didn't really tell us much about the game. I really want your opinion. Did LJ have an "off night"? Were the 2 teams evenly matched and LJ just plain got beat? Was LJ overrated to begin with? What's your outlook for the rest of the season? What did the stats look like for both teams? Since you are pretty much LJ's lone rep on this board, help us out. I know you follow LJ closely so fill me in.

Charlie47
08-29-2010, 09:05 PM
So Charlie, you didn't really tell us much about the game. I really want your opinion. Did LJ have an "off night"? Were the 2 teams evenly matched and LJ just plain got beat? Was LJ overrated to begin with? What's your outlook for the rest of the season? What did the stats look like for both teams? Since you are pretty much LJ's lone rep on this board, help us out. I know you follow LJ closely so fill me in.

Sorry, but I was ill and had to listen to the game on internet. We were
not over rated. As I said several times, the key would be injuries. Going
into the game we had several DL injuries. We also had our center out.
There were at least 3 bad snaps. However, it's football, you play with what you have. I was still not feeling well, so I didn't make it to church.
Thus, no info about injuries. It all depends on whether we get healthy again.:( Best wishes to AW, until you get to come to our house.;)

ccmom
08-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Sorry, but I was ill and had to listen to the game on internet. We were
not over rated. As I said several times, the key would be injuries. Going
into the game we had several DL injuries. We also had our center out.
There were at least 3 bad snaps. However, it's football, you play with what you have. I was still not feeling well, so I didn't make it to church.
Thus, no info about injuries. It all depends on whether we get healthy again.:( Best wishes to AW, until you get to come to our house.;) thanks. I was able to find stats for the game. Those didn't look like the kind of *s Means is known for. Didn't the injury happen near the end of the game, or was it something that had been bothering him all night and he aggravated the previous injury? Also, it was a low scoring game on both sides. Do you think having your DL back would have changed that much?

Charlie47
08-29-2010, 10:31 PM
thanks. I was able to find stats for the game. Those didn't look like the kind of *s Means is known for. Didn't the injury happen near the end of the game, or was it something that had been bothering him all night and he aggravated the previous injury? Also, it was a low scoring game on both sides. Do you think having your DL back would have changed that much?

He was injured in the 3rd. The DL would certainly have helped a lot. The sub Center hurt quite a bit. We'll just have to see when we get our guys healthy again. The stats on WFAA were very incomplete. I don't know where you found those.

ccmom
08-29-2010, 10:36 PM
He was injured in the 3rd. The DL would certainly have helped a lot. The sub Center hurt quite a bit. We'll just have to see when we get our guys healthy again. The stats on WFAA were very incomplete. I don't know where you found those. I found stats on Dallas Morning News site.

Charlie47
08-29-2010, 10:48 PM
I found stats on Dallas Morning News site.

Those are actually provided by WFAA, it's search is provided by DMN.
Those are very incomplete. It didn't include Martins rushing stats, which was over a 100yds.

The best stats will be up on Wed.

firstdown
08-30-2010, 07:19 AM
I was at the game. LL capitalized on two mistakes by Argyle in the first half to score. They never sustained drive for more than a few plays, which is really surprising because they have some big kids on the line. I believe they only had 9 first downs. 81 of there offensive yardage came on one play. Argyle played a good game but will get better. We missed two FG's one of which was blocked, one from 45 that was just wide left at the end of the 1st. LL lost a O-lineman in the first (hip) and a D-lineman in the 3rd (not sure). They rotated their big guys regularly so I'm not sure how much that affected them other than depth. Mean was ding late in the third, but even up till then he was just good not great. Just my .02's for what it's worth.

ccmom
08-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
I was at the game. LL capitalized on two mistakes by Argyle in the first half to score. They never sustained drive for more than a few plays, which is really surprising because they have some big kids on the line. I believe they only had 9 first downs. 81 of there offensive yardage came on one play. Argyle played a good game but will get better. We missed two FG's one of which was blocked, one from 45 that was just wide left at the end of the 1st. LL lost a O-lineman in the first (hip) and a D-lineman in the 3rd (not sure). They rotated their big guys regularly so I'm not sure how much that affected them other than depth. Mean was ding late in the third, but even up till then he was just good not great. Just my .02's for what it's worth.

Thanks for the info. That pretty much matches up with the article and STATS I read. Congrats on the win! :clap:

ccmom
09-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Those are actually provided by WFAA, it's search is provided by DMN.
Those are very incomplete. It didn't include Martins rushing stats, which was over a 100yds.

The best stats will be up on Wed.

Charlie, where do I find the correct stats?

Charlie47
09-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Charlie, where do I find the correct stats?

They should be posted sometime today. WFAA HS Gametime.
Sometimes there incomplete and so up the next. ;)

firstdown
09-01-2010, 04:23 PM
They should be posted sometime today. WFAA HS Gametime.
Sometimes there incomplete and so up the next. ;)

http://www.dallasnews.com/highschoolsports/lovejoy/

Martin was 9 for 23