PDA

View Full Version : Wylie @ Stephenville

Sville
08-29-2010, 11:52 AM
What do you think?

In a battle of two top five 4A teams, #4 Stephenville is coming off a tough loss to their rival #2 Aledo, 20-3. Sville out gained the Bearcats and were inside Aledo's 30 six times and inside their 10 three times but only managed 3 points. They must finish drives. We got a little pass happy especially inside the redzone. I expect that to change from here on out with the OL we have and Mr. Myles toting the rock. Defensively we played well enough to win the game against the defending 4A State Champs. The Jackets held the national soph of the year Jon Gray to 82 yards on 20 carries with no TDs. Aledo's 3 scoring drives were aided by QB Matt Bishop's ability to break containment and scramble for big yards or find a receiver down the field. We missed several potential sacks with poor tackling.

I know Wylie has a great tradition as a 3A powerhouse, and the Jackets will have to bring it for the "W".

I think Sville will win a 35-14 type ball game.

fresh-j
08-29-2010, 11:57 AM
28-0 S ville :D

garciap77
08-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Sville
What do you think?

In a battle of two top five 4A teams, #4 Stephenville is coming off a tough loss to their rival #2 Aledo, 20-3. Sville out gained the Bearcats and were inside Aledo's 30 six times and inside their 10 three times but only managed 3 points. They must finish drives. We got a little pass happy especially inside the redzone. I expect that to change from here on out with the OL we have and Mr. Myles toting the rock. Defensively we played well enough to win the game against the defending 4A State Champs. The Jackets held the national soph of the year Jon Gray to 82 yards on 20 carries with no TDs. Aledo's 3 scoring drives were aided by QB Matt Bishop's ability to break containment and scramble for big yards or find a receiver down the field. We missed several potential sacks with poor tackling.

I know Wylie has a great tradition as a 3A powerhouse, and the Jackets will have to bring it for the "W".

I think Sville will win a 35-14 type ball game.

I agree with you.

Tin Cup
08-29-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm not sold on Wylie this year. Sville is very good

Stephenville 38
Wylie 6

Trashman
08-29-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm not sold on either team yet. :D Stephenville has more to prove than Wylie does at this stage of the game.

Stephenville 28 :foul:
Wylie 14 :(

Looking4number8
08-29-2010, 12:45 PM
I voted for Stephenville mainly because of their RB. The guy is a beast. Also The Ville stuck with an awesome Aledo team with an even better running back.

LE Dad
08-29-2010, 01:33 PM
S'ville needs to quit playing 3A cupcakes....:D

There could be an upset, but I'll say Ville by 7.:thinking:

LE Dad
08-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I voted for Stephenville mainly because of their RB. The guy is a beast. Also The Ville stuck with an awesome Aledo team with an even better running back. Nice edit, I was wondering what you were talking about Lol.:D

Looking4number8
08-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Nice edit, I was wondering what you were talking about Lol.:D

Thanks to CCMom for letting me know, I never would have know I screwed it up....

ccmom
08-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks to CCMom for letting me know, I never would have know I screwed it up.... You're welcome! Just don't count on me to catch all your mistakes....I do have a full time job already. :D

Charlie47
08-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Stephenville will be tough at home. I don't make predictions, I'll
be hoping for Wylie to have a great game.:)

Looking4number8
08-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
S'ville needs to quit playing 3A cupcakes....:D

Wylie=Cupcake.... don't you purple people have something to say about that.

Rocket
08-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Wylie=Cupcake.... don't you purple people have something to say about that.

It's LE Dad.. Nobody gives a...

bwdlionfan
08-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Gotta go with Stephenville by 17-21... Wylie is young and it's early in the season... plus Stephenville is mad about last week and clearly should have had a lot more than 3 points against Aledo.

Rocket
08-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Not gonna be a pretty one for Ol' Hugh and the purple and yellow... Wylie better bring some ice packs and plenty of backups... I predict the cheapshots will be flying right from kickoff.

Hey Sville... shut up about your stats. You got beat. Y'all are the LOSERS. Work on scoring TD's this week against Wylie so you guys can at least make it a game against Brownwood.:rolleyes:

hollywood
08-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Yep, after watching Sville struggle in the red zone, the offense looked really good in the middle. OL is big but A little on the slow side. IF Wylie can blitz and still contain the 2 beast RB's, they give the Yellowjackets more than they want. They also have 2 slot receivers #22 and #1 who are pretty good. As far as defense, this is Sville's strength. A little work on tackling this week is needed. If Wylie's QB can scramble, this could be a good game. I look for the Jackets to win by 21.

ivchris
08-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Wylie 21
S'Ville 17

jason
08-29-2010, 06:52 PM
stephenville isnt as good yet as their ranking reflects....

if abilene wylie brings their A game - it will be close....

LE Dad
08-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Wylie=Cupcake.... don't you purple people have something to say about that. Oh my.... Only a B'wood poster would not get the humor in that remark:p

LE Dad
08-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
It's LE Dad.. Nobody gives a... Apparenty you do.....

STALKER!!!!

garciap77
08-29-2010, 09:34 PM
:1popcorn:

ccmom
08-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Hollywood, are you still planning to be at the game? I know you are providing refreshments, so I'll take a glass of Merlot. Well, actually I have cute purple flask to put it in, so you won't need to worry about the glass. :D. What are your thoughts about this game after watching S'ville Friday night?

hollywood
08-29-2010, 09:36 PM

ccmom
08-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Hollywood, are you still planning to be at the game? I know you are providing refreshments, so I'll take a glass of Merlot. Well, actually I have cute purple flask to put it in, so you won't need to worry about the glass. :D. What are your thoughts about this game after watching S'ville Friday night? Oops....I missed your earlier post about the game. We can just talk about the refreshments. :D

garciap77
08-29-2010, 09:40 PM

hollywood
08-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Oops....I missed your earlier post about the game. We can just talk about the refreshments. :D

You'll probably need the latter to cope, before AND after. LOL

How is this years QB, since we're on the subject?

Purple is good! Coordinated with gold, blah!:p

ccmom
08-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
You'll probably need the latter to cope, before AND after. LOL

How is this years QB, since we're on the subject?

Purple is good! Coordinated with gold, blah!:p the QB got some playoff experience last season and did quite well, He didn't look completely comfotable and the timing between he and the new receivers needs to be fine tuned. In the 3rd qtr, the offense looked good on the ground and in the air and completed a 7 min 98 yd drive while looking fairly confident. Starters didn't play much after that. Back to the important stuff.....where shall I find you for my vino? You are correct, I just might need it!! Surely you are sittiing on the bumble bee side?? :confused:

Sville
08-29-2010, 10:19 PM
so I'll take a glass of Merlot.

I'll be cordial and bring out the good stuff for our friends from Abilene, I have a bottle of Duck Horn (Merlot) or Stags Leap (Cab) I will share.

It is the least I can do since we have so much in common.

ccmom
08-29-2010, 10:31 PM
I'll be cordial and bring out the good stuff for our friends from Abilene, I have a bottle of Duck Horn (Merlot) or Stags Leap (Cab) I will share.

It is the least I can do since we have so much in common. Hollywood, it sounds like the boys from S'ville are little more sophisticated than the rednecks you described! :D Actually, if you know where to find my boys a Dublin DP, that will be high on our priority list Friday night!

garciap77
08-29-2010, 10:32 PM

ccmom drinks nothing but the best! You might want to bring a bottle of “Th.J” 1787 Chateau Lafitte if you have one!:D

;)

Sville
08-29-2010, 10:40 PM

I know some of you might be asking what does two teams that have never played each other have in common?

The answer to that question is easy? We both enjoy beating Brownwood every year.

ccmom- You can pretty much stop at any store in Sville and get you some Dublin DP.

BEAST
08-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Hey Sville, how many years in a row did we spank yall? Was it 32?

BEAST

Sville
08-29-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Hey Sville, how many years in a row did we spank yall? Was it 32?

BEAST

Nope.

We went 27 years without beating yall, 1964-1989. We lost 25 games in a row before tying yall in 1988. We did not play in 1967 because of a student death.

Lets be honest, before Briles Sville was about like Joshua, in Sville we measure time BB and AB.

What is the record since 1990 big boy?

hollywood
08-29-2010, 10:49 PM
I know some of you might be asking what does two teams that have never played each other have in common?

The answer to that question is easy? We both enjoy beating Brownwood every year.

ccmom- You can pretty much stop at any store in Sville and get you some Dublin DP.

Sville, 2 things... I really wouldn't be so bold in saying every year and I don't think this is the first time Stephenville and Wylie have played each other.

Merlot or Cab ccmom?

Sville
08-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Sville, 2 things... I really wouldn't be so bold in saying every year and I don't think this is the first time Stephenville and Wylie have played each other.

Merlot or Cab ccmom?

Hollywood, I am being facetious when I say every year. But Sville has gone 7-1 the past decade against Bwood. We have beaten Bwood pretty regularly the last 20 years after 30 years of domination by the Loins.

And I assure you this is the first time Wylie and Sville have met. I am the aficionado when it comes to everything Stephenville Football.

You know who I am.

aka shs92 :)

ccmom
08-29-2010, 11:24 PM

Merlot or Cab ccmom? Oh, how about a bottle of water? COLD Perrier....LOL:D

Looking4number8
08-30-2010, 07:12 AM
Bunch of redneck Wylie and Stephenville people pretending they know anything about wine... I know you guys are just looking that stuff up on line,

Face it, rodeo cold beer and the back of a pick up truck is where we all belong.

CCMom, your purple flask aint never had nothing in it but that moonshine you are Garcia brew in the trunk of your 68 Ford Galaxie 500 that is still has the original Poice car paint on it.

Trashman
08-30-2010, 07:18 AM
Bunch of redneck Wylie and Stephenville people pretending they know anything about wine... I know you guys are just looking that stuff up on line,

Face it, rodeo cold beer and the back of a pick up truck is where we all belong.

CCMom, your purple flask aint never had nothing in it but that moonshine you are Garcia brew in the trunk of your 68 Ford Galaxie 500 that is still has the original Poice car paint on it. :spitlol: :fnypost:

garciap77
08-30-2010, 07:55 AM

CCMom, your purple flask aint never had nothing in it but that moonshine you are Garcia brew in the trunk of your 68 Ford Galaxie 500 that is still has the original Poice car paint on it.

You'lll be the first in line to get some of the purple moonshine!:D

;)

Looking4number8
08-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
You'lll be the first in line to get some of the purple moonshine!:D

;)

I gave you the directions on how to make it!

hollywood
08-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Hollywood, I am being facetious when I say every year. But Sville has gone 7-1 the past decade against Bwood. We have beaten Bwood pretty regularly the last 20 years after 30 years of domination by the Loins.

And I assure you this is the first time Wylie and Sville have met. I am the aficionado when it comes to everything Stephenville Football.

You know who I am.

aka shs92 :)

I know brotha. Tough love. Well I know Sville has scrimmaged AW, maybe that's what I'm remembering. I'll cheer for Sville except for 1 game out of the year... you know that! And, you know where I pay my taxes. LOL

:D

jason
08-30-2010, 09:18 AM
i think me and emerson will be at this game...

can either sit on the wylie side or stephenville sides, doesn't make us much difference....

wouldn't be surprised if wylie brings a bigger crowd that stephenville....

ccmom
08-30-2010, 09:52 AM

Come on now, L48....Wylie fans like wine and Brownwood fans like "whine"....can't we all just get along. :D

BwdLion73
08-30-2010, 12:01 PM
I think it will be a good game. I can't wait to see Wylie play a school with similar enrollment.

;) :D

hollywood
08-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I think it will be a good game. I can't wait to see Wylie play a school with similar enrollment.

Now that's a :fnypost:

garciap77
08-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73

ccmom did you say "whine"???? Just checking cause I believe I heard some!!!!!!!:D

;)

LE Dad
08-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
ccmom did you say "whine"???? Just checking cause I believe I heard some!!!!!!!:D

;) http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/robhay57/whiner.jpg