PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 1 Top 10 - Post Here

R3Editor
08-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Post your top 10 from Region III here.

The Region III page is currently being updated for the 2010 season.

Results will be posted every Tuesday.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
08-28-2010, 11:14 PM
sealy has got to be number one, followed by giddings and royal falcons IMO

BRfalconfan
08-29-2010, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
sealy has got to be number one, followed by giddings and royal falcons IMO

IMO its a toss up this early

R3Editor
08-29-2010, 11:52 AM
ttt

Yoe_09
08-29-2010, 12:05 PM
1. Giddings
2. Sealy
3. Kirbyville
4. Brookshire Royal
5. WOS
6. Caldwell
7. Navasota
8. Mexia
9. La Vega
10. Silsbee

OldBison75
08-29-2010, 02:02 PM
1. Giddings
2. Sealy
3. Brookshire Royal
4. Caldwell
5. WOS
6. Kirbyville
7. Mexia
8. Silsbee
9. Navasota
10. LaVega

Giddings played a pretty good opponent and showed that they can still make the grade.

Sealy had a cakewalk game against a bad HISD school.

Brookshire Royal showed how much speed and skill they have against a middle of the road team.

Caldwell is hard to judge because we don't know how good Bellville is--but that slot-t will always be tough to stop.

WOS--what can you say, they seem to be a contender every year.

From 6-10, they all have the tools to be a force and only time will tell if the parts all mesh together to be a special team.

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2010, 02:34 PM
1 WOS
2 Giddings
3 La Vega
4 Sealy
5 Mexia
6 Navasota
7 Kirbyville
8 Royal
9 Caldwell
10 Rockdale

WOS87
08-29-2010, 02:37 PM
1. WOS
2. Sealy
3. Giddings
4. Navasota
5. Caldwell
6. Kirbyville
7. La Grange
8. Mexia
9. Waco La Vega
10. Brookshire Royal

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
08-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Does anybody remember the a** woopin sealy put on giddings last year?? and how BR beat them in the playoffs? get off of it already

WOS87
08-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Does anybody remember the a** woopin sealy put on giddings last year?? and how BR beat them in the playoffs? get off of it already

WOS 49
Brookshire 6

Giddings has a reputation and history of consistently doing well... BR still needs to prove themselves IMO... yes they did well in the playoffs last year and I wish them the best this year. The win over Giddings was definitely huge. The fact that you are focussing on the wins over Giddings says something...

Giddings deserves some respect (I can't believe I just said that)

WOS1
08-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
WOS--what can you say, they seem to be a contender every year.

And they beat 4A playoff team Nederland convincingly. :D

WOS1
08-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by WOS87

WOS 49
Brookshire 6

You are about to get told about how they had 49 kids out with the flu in that game. :D

*I'M JUST KIDDING*

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
08-29-2010, 03:59 PM
i know i know.. sealy just is allways second to giddings and i have never really understood why...

WOS87
08-29-2010, 04:02 PM
i know i know.. sealy just is allways second to giddings and i have never really understood why...

ummm.... I ranked you guys higher than them if you look at my top 10... good luck to you too!!

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
08-29-2010, 04:03 PM
i know you did and i think yours is right!!! haha and im affraid if i tell yall good luck yall will do too good:D yall don't need luck!!

navscanmaster
08-29-2010, 04:35 PM

Well......people have opinions. Our Rattlers have been to the state quarterfinals the last three years, and have lost twice to the eventual state champs (Liberty Hill 07, Gilmer 09) and the state runner up once (La Vega 08), and the last two years by a TD margin. I would feel that we were better than 9th place in our own region, but remember that respect is earned. Polls mean nothing when you are sitting at home in December wondering why.

1st and goal
08-29-2010, 05:47 PM

How about you post your picks and let everyone criticise them?

For me, I feel its too early to pick and I'll admit that I don't know enough about the other teams at this point to rank them.

I feel that at least 4 or 5 teams could be at #1, so it's anybody's guess as to where they belong. It will take 3 more weeks to compare enough to say who's where.

BRfalconfan
08-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal

For me, I feel its too early to pick and I'll admit that I don't know enough about the other teams at this point to rank them.

I feel that at least 4 or 5 teams could be at #1, so it's anybody's guess as to where they belong. It will take 3 more weeks to compare enough to say who's where.

+1

Pudlugger
08-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal

I agree it is way too early. Talk to me latter. HS football is a developmental sport. You start out with some 15-16 year olds who never played varsity before and mold them into a team. Some teams start with a boatload of seniors and do well until the playoffs when they run into a team of 15-16 year olds who have really gelled into studs(for instance Royal v Giddings ) and get whopped. I'll post my top 10 after week 5.:cool:

Old Tiger
08-29-2010, 06:15 PM
1. Giddings
2. WO-S
3. Royal
4. Caldwell
5. Sealy
6. Kirbyville
7. La Vega
8. La Grange
9. Navasota
10. Mexia

Old Cardinal
08-29-2010, 10:26 PM
WOS
Kirbyville
Giddings
Rockdale
Caldwell
Sealy
Bridge City
Mexia
Rrookshire Royal
Navasota

jambo67
08-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Can't argue the current top 10. Brownsboro should be considered soon and Chapel Hill ought to be somewhere in the top 10 now.

HEMOTOXIC
08-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Well......people have opinions. Our Rattlers have been to the state quarterfinals the last three years, and have lost twice to the eventual state champs (Liberty Hill 07, Gilmer 09) and the state runner up once (La Vega 08), and the last two years by a TD margin. I would feel that we were better than 9th place in our own region, but remember that respect is earned. Polls mean nothing when you are sitting at home in December wondering why.

You are right. Some people just don't like Navasota period. No matter how they have performed, the proof if you will, Navasota will never be good enough....

As I stated in the past, games are played on the field not in a chat room.
With that said, Good luck the rest of the way and may the best team win.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-30-2010, 02:35 PM

Maybe its because Giddings plays good opponents in pre-d?

87 TIGER
08-30-2010, 04:18 PM
1 Giddings
2 Brookshire Royal
3 LaVega
4 Sealy
5 Navasota
6 Lorena
7 Kirbyville
8 Mexia
9 Caldwell
10 WOS

buff4ever
08-30-2010, 04:34 PM
I just don't see it, most people are putting 3 teams from our district in the region top 10, and some have put 4. Figure in that giddings is then playing 2 of the others that are in everyone's top ten in the region. I don't want to hear anybody on here question our strength of schedule.:)

With all that being said, we are more like 4 or 5 in the region based on the way we played the other day. Can't say we were worthy of a top in the region bid.

UPanIN
08-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Polls mean nothing when you are sitting at home in December wondering why.

BROWNWOOD:weeping:

1st and goal
08-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I just don't see it, most people are putting 3 teams from our district in the region top 10, and some have put 4. Figure in that giddings is then playing 2 of the others that are in everyone's top ten in the region. I don't want to hear anybody on here question our strength of schedule.:)

With all that being said, we are more like 4 or 5 in the region based on the way we played the other day. Can't say we were worthy of a top in the region bid.
+1

I don't want to rank them (the Buffs) high because I want them to earn a ranking and respect.

Sealy guys, we used to have trouble getting teams to play us preseason too so I know what you mean. Hempstead, Kashmere and such. Its a shame to have a 4a school like Kashmere have so few fans. I would guess most of the parents didn't even show when we played them. Maybe less than 50 peeps in the stands...sad. Bless those that come and support their young men.
Anyhow, now we have many quality opponents probably for a number of reasons. However, we travel pretty far. Wimberley, Lavernia, Liberty hill, Burnet etc. Only have to go to Conroe to meet West Orange Stark at a neutral field. I really wanted to play Cuero this preseason 'cuz I like all the Cuero folks. Not sure why we aren't playing Liberty Hill this year. Our coaches have usually tried to schedule teams that finished high in the previous year's post season. It makes for a tough preseason but it can prove your metal and toughen you up for district.