PDA

View Full Version : Come On Coach....

Milk That Cow
08-28-2010, 07:12 PM
I am a Giddings homer, but follow Rockdale almost as much as the Buffs...

So, I'm reading the local Rockdale newspaper football preview special section and found this gem...

Quote by Head Coach Jeff Miller regarding linebacker Derek David

I've been told by James Willis-who is the defensive coordinator at Texas Tech and was the linebacker coach at Alabama last year - that Derek probably would have played some last year as a 16-year old in the national championship game. He's that good as a 16-year old. Will Muschamp (Texas) and Mike Sherman (Texas A&M) have both said he may be the best high school player they have seen.

James Willis
Will Muschamp
Mike Sherman

ALL Get a "COME ON COACH" for being associated with anything resembling those quotes...

Jeff Miller

Gets a double "COME ON COACH, COME ON COACH" for repeating those quotes in a public forum with the local newspaper...

that is all...

Johnny Utah
08-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Milk, I dont agree with you much, but I agree with you on this one. I hope all the best for Rockdale, hope they win district and win some playoff games. Going to be tough to explain if they dont being that they have the "best" LB in the state.

BaseballUmp
08-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Possibly the nation lol

Yoe_09
08-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Possibly the nation lol

The world

RedStorm
08-28-2010, 07:59 PM
He didnt even get offered by UT

Milk That Cow
08-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Come On Johnny...

What have we disagreed on?

rockdale80
08-28-2010, 08:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L5Q3B_do8Q

Johnny Utah
08-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Looks impressive on film. I hope the Tiger boys do very well this year. Interested to see what they will do when they run into a very legit team. Cant take Salado lightly, very well coached and had Marlin down at half. Milk, have not figured out if you are pro Rockdale or not.

Milk That Cow
08-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Been following the Tigers a very long time, as I have lots of family there...

Now, I don't mean to bash Coach Miller as he has done a good job on the field and an Outstanding job off the field, with some of the things he is doing in honoring and representing the Legends and Traditions in Tiger Land...

And, if he beats Cameron this year, he will go down as the Best Coach in Rockdale in like forever, or since they won the State Championship, in my humble opinion...

But, he still gets the "Come On Coach"....

for those earlier quotes...

that is all...

Johnny Utah
08-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Understand totally. They will beat Cameron! AND GIDDINGS!!!

Old Tiger
08-29-2010, 06:51 PM
Muschamp has said he is the best linebacker prospect he has ever seen at that level.

Old Tiger
08-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm
He didnt even get offered by UT He won't get offered till junior days in late February/Early March....

He's only a junior this year