PDA

View Full Version : Is Commerce back?

OldNavy
08-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Commerce beat Farmersville 36 to 20. Is Commerce the real deal of is Farmersville down this year? What is Commerce's story?

LE Dad
08-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
Commerce beat Farmersville 36 to 20. Is Commerce the real deal of is Farmersville down this year? What is Commerce's story? Think a little of both... Good to see them with a quality win regardless.

OldNavy
08-28-2010, 05:44 PM
It doesn't seem that it was so long ago they were winning the state championship. They had several quality teams in a row.

LE Dad
08-28-2010, 05:54 PM
It doesn't seem that it was so long ago they were winning the state championship. They had several quality teams in a row. Yes, Commerce was once a team that no one wanted to play and for some reason turned into a team that everyone wanted to play. Hopefully this is the start of the Tigers coming back.

Now, if poor Atlanta can get their program back on track.

Farmersfan
08-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Commerce beat Farmersville 36 to 20. Is Commerce the real deal of is Farmersville down this year? What is Commerce's story?

It is a little of both! Farmersville put on a run at the end of this game with their best RB and Best lineman on the bench and was driving for the tying score but the Commerce "STAR" intercepted the ball and took all the way to the Farmer's 5 yard line and then scored on the next play. Commerce had some speed but basically they had ONE player. #7 was QB and Defensive star. Out of the 330 total yards that Commerce had #7 had 230 of them by himself. But overall the Farmers have some work to do. They have some players but are very, very young. The Farmers QB could be a running phenom if the coaches learn to use him the right way. It will be a fun season.

ssgmp5150
08-29-2010, 09:45 PM
I second the fact that I think it is a little bit of both. Back in the day Commerce was a beast! Nobody wanted to play them and as of late, everyone wanted to play them as they were not very good. I think they are going to be competitive in their district this year. They will make the playoff's, edging out Van Alstyne, but not winning the district title. They may get a 1st round win or so, but are nowhere back to old Commerce form yet. Their quarterback was the real deal! He is definately a stud! However, take him out of the equation and Commerce was a mediocre team. So, hopefully their quarterback stays healthy and keeps his grades up this season. He is definately an impact player! I wish Commerce the best of luck this season and would love to see them return to their old dominant ways! The Farmers are a very young team and have a long way to go to get back to recent years form and winning ways. However, I think it can be done, but the coaching staff is going to have to help them, and I have little to no faith in the current head coach! So, it may be a rebuilding year for the Farmers....We shall see.

OldNavy
08-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the info. Are there any Commerce fans on the board?

Twirling Time
08-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Commerce vs. VA for the right to avoid playing Argyle in the first round.

OldNavy
08-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time

That is unless Sanger or Gainesville don't make the playoffs, in which case Argyle goes big school in that district. It looks like both may have a shot. It should be an interesting district battle. It may be a little early to worry about Argyle.

Farmersfan
08-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time

It's only one game but based on VA only beating Princeton by 6 points I'm thinking Commerce takes it. And seeing how the speedy feet of the Pleasant Grove QB dominated Argyle in the playoffs last season I'm thinking it should be Argyle worrying about playing Commerce! Speed kills and Commerce has plenty of it.

LE Dad
08-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
It's only one game but based on VA only beating Princeton by 6 points I'm thinking Commerce takes it. And seeing how the speedy feet of the Pleasant Grove QB dominated Argyle in the playoffs last season I'm thinking it should be Argyle worrying about playing Commerce! Speed kills and Commerce has plenty of it. PG is exactly who I thought of when you described the QB!!!

VWG
08-30-2010, 09:45 AM
and I have little to no faith in the current head coach!

The Farmers QB could be a running phenom if the coaches learn to use him the right way.

The best officials and coaches are always in the stands..........

ssgmp5150
08-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Trust me....The Farmersville head coach is a blommin idiot!!!! FF has some validity to his statement there...