PDA

View Full Version : Monahans vs. Sweetwater

tex_male
08-28-2010, 01:37 PM
I hope this is a game this year. Last years game between these two wasn't even worth talking about when it was over most eveyone knew Sweetwater was down. Maybe this year we can enjoy the WIN!

Sweetwater Red
08-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Enjoy it while you can before Sweetwater gets back to making
Monahans their perennial whipping boys.That could very well
start next year when ya'll come to the Bowl by the way. :devil: :D

tex_male
08-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Our jv and fish are playing over there Thursday go watch that Fish QB I was talking about last night. He if fun to watch running and passing. ;)

Sweetwater Red
08-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by tex_male
Our jv and fish are playing over there Thursday go watch that Fish QB I was talking about last night. He if fun to watch running and passing. ;)

I'm heading out of town for Labor Day weekend. If I don't get
to leave until Friday morning, I'll definitely be at the Bowl for the
freshmen game. :thumbsup:

Looking4number8
08-28-2010, 04:01 PM
I had to vote for Monahans simply because of last years records for both teams, however that is not how I hope the game ends up... Get em Sweetwater

Bosqueville
08-28-2010, 04:05 PM
This one may get ugly. Monahans rolls.

STANG RED
08-28-2010, 04:10 PM
I had to cast my vote for the home team, and I know we're much better than we were last year, but I also still know we are still a year away from being contenders and beating the good teams. But they should at least compete well against the Loboes this year. And who knows, stranger things have happened, so I'm still hopeful of a win next week. Thats an awful long road trip to be nursing a butt whoopin all the way home. Good Luck Mustangs! I hope you make me eat my words. It would be the best tasting plate of crow I could ever eat.

WTF-82
08-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Our Kids will be ready for this one. Anytime Monahans has Sweetwater on the schedule our eyes light up Tradition vs Tradition our program has lot of respect for the Mustangs trust me. Its been a long time since we have beat Sweetwater at home on the Varsity level and our kids know this, they will be ready to play. The fun begins.

WTF-82
08-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Enjoy it while you can before Sweetwater gets back to making
Monahans their perennial whipping boys.That could very well
start next year when ya'll come to the Bowl by the way. :devil: :D

Settle down !

tex_male
08-29-2010, 03:03 PM

Trashman
08-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Monahans may be just to big a dog for the ponies to handle, but here's to hoping!:thinking:

Painted Ponies in a nail biter.

Sweetwater Red
08-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
Settle down !

Show up for a Meet & Greet and make me. :taunt:

Who-dun-it!!?
08-29-2010, 08:04 PM
I'll be keeping up with the downlow from sunny El Paso this year. My job has brought me out here for a while. I'll be interested to see the outcome between the stangs and lobos. I did get to see Snyder vs. Monahans Friday night, and of corse I was a little disappointed with the outcome. I wasn't overly impressed with either team to tell the truth. Monahans moved the ball at will, and I'm not sure if they're just awesome, or if Snyder's D just stunk it up. The same to be said for Snyder's Offense. They pretty much moved the ball at will. You got the feeling that whoever had the ball last would win. Monahan's D stepped up when they had too and pulled it out. I know its just week one, and improvements are coming, but I just didn't see a deep playoff run in the future of either team this week. Monahan's always seems to have a tuff team near the end so I'll be keeping up with em as best I can this year. Congrats on week one Lobos, and good luck the rest of the year!

garciap77
08-29-2010, 08:13 PM
SW pulls an upset!

TheDOCTORdre
08-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Sweetwater wins big, and I will be there to witness it

BEAST
08-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Had to vote for Monahans. However, I really hope the Stangs pull it off. Good luck.

BEAST

tex_male
08-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Heard today that # 8 Scharf has his arm in a sling due to shoulder injury.

OPERATOR
08-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Sweetwater by 7

M-town lobo fan
08-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Done beat Snyder,all we have to do is beat Sweetwater and Big Springs the next couple of weeks.We qualify for the playoffs lol.We cant get no worse than 3rd in District 3-5A the toughest district in the State.Loboes by 7

DU_stud04
08-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Done beat Snyder,all we have to do is beat Sweetwater and Big Springs the next couple of weeks.We qualify for the playoffs lol.We cant get no worse than 3rd in District 3-5A the toughest district in the State.Loboes by 7 monahans moved up to 5a?

how do yall plan on beating abilene high, permian, lee, cooper, odessa and midland? sounds like monahans is staying home this year...

Sweetwater Red
08-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
monahans moved up to 5a?

how do yall plan on beating abilene high, permian, lee, cooper, odessa and midland? sounds like monahans is staying home this year...

Hahaha. :doh:

Black_Magic
08-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Done beat Snyder,all we have to do is beat Sweetwater and Big Springs the next couple of weeks.We qualify for the playoffs lol.We cant get no worse than 3rd in District 3-5A the toughest district in the State.Loboes by 7 Snyder didnt play a game worthy of winning . Too many mistakes over all. Its Hard to give up 5 turnovers and give a team a 22 pt headstart and and come out with a win against most teams you play. Monahans should get credit for the win but you should not read too much into it. Snyder has traditionaly started slow. looks like this year is the same. Congrats to Monahans.

tex_male
08-30-2010, 11:28 AM
:thinking:

garciap77
08-30-2010, 11:35 AM
:thinking: :thinking:

Stownhorse
08-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Snyder didnt play a game worthy of winning . Too many mistakes over all. Its Hard to give up 5 turnovers and give a team a 22 pt headstart and and come out with a win against most teams you play. Monahans should get credit for the win but you should not read too much into it. Snyder has traditionaly started slow. looks like this year is the same. Congrats to Monahans.

Traditionally? lol

TheDOCTORdre
08-31-2010, 03:18 PM
who all is gonna be at the game Friday?

tex_male
08-31-2010, 05:39 PM
I

tex_male
08-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Heard today that # 8 Scharf has his arm in a sling due to shoulder injury.

Out for 3 weeks

Phantom Stang
08-31-2010, 08:08 PM
I hope this is a game this year. Last years game between these two wasn't even worth talking about when it was over most eveyone knew Sweetwater was down. Maybe this year we can enjoy the WIN!
To address your first concern, yes it will be a game. As for your second concern, there won't be a win for you to enjoy.

That is, unless you root for Sweetwater of course.;)

tex_male
08-31-2010, 08:35 PM
I believe it will be a good game.

Rocket
08-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Stangs win a nailbiter...

Phantom Stang
08-31-2010, 09:19 PM
I believe it will be a good game.
I think so too. Will Monahans do a webcast of the game?

'84 Stang
08-31-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Stangs win a nailbiter...

WELL - we are doomed now!!!!

tex_male
08-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Nope! No webcast out of Monahans that I know of. There is someone that twitters the game.

tex_male
09-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Fish Monahans 47 - 12 Sweetwater

JV Monahans 7 - 8 Sweetwater
Called in 3rd due to lightning

Sweetwater Red
09-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Fish Monahans 47 - 12 Sweetwater

JV Monahans 7 - 8 Sweetwater
Called in 3rd due to lightning

Dang it! I got a text this morning from a JV player's dad that
Sweetwater had won 8-7. He left
out the part about the game
being called due to lightening.:doh:

Yeah, our freshmen have struggled in their first two games. They
lost 20-0 to Vernon last week and it could've been worse.

tex_male
09-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I think so too. Will Monahans do a webcast of the game?

SWEETWATER MUSTANGS at MONAHANS LOBOES

>> Time, Date, Place: 7:30 tonight, Estes Memorial Field

>> Records: Sweetwater 1-0; Monahans 1-0.

>> Last Season: Monahans 48, Sweetwater 0.

>> Radio: KCKM 1330-AM (Monahans).

>> Web: www.tsrnsports.com.

DU_stud04
09-03-2010, 06:18 PM
SWEETWATER MUSTANGS at MONAHANS LOBOES

>> Time, Date, Place: 7:30 tonight, Estes Memorial Field

>> Records: Sweetwater 1-0; Monahans 1-0.

>> Last Season: Monahans 48, Sweetwater 0.

>> Radio: KCKM 1330-AM (Monahans).

>> Web: www.tsrnsports.com. if anyone hasn't heard these monahans guys on the air...tune in, getcha popcorn ready, they're hilariously bad!!! the best part are the over cheesy commercials. ive heard alot of broadcasts....this one has them all beat! i know there are a few on here that will agree with me....i remember one of the game update threads 6-7 posters joked about it the whole time.

found the link to the acctual game from the website tex_male posted

http://stream.tsrnsports.com/streams/stream-26.asx

thanks!!! (dont think the link will work till 7:15)

BwdLion73
09-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Here's hoping for a shocker....good luck Sweetwater.:)

DU_stud04
09-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
if anyone hasn't heard these monahans guys on the air...tune in, getcha popcorn ready, they're hilariously bad!!! the best part are the over cheesy commercials. ive heard alot of broadcasts....this one has them all beat! i know there are a few on here that will agree with me....i remember one of the game update threads 6-7 posters joked about it the whole time.

found the link to the acctual game from the website tex_male posted

http://stream.tsrnsports.com/streams/stream-26.asx

thanks!!! (dont think the link will work till 7:15) its alot better than old ones ive remembered.