PDA

View Full Version : Newton and rivalries

3Aroy
07-27-2001, 12:55 PM
How does every team Newton plays more than once become kind of a rival? Newton has many rivals, but they have a few strong ones...

CROCKETT (started in '99... I am looking forward to their '01 game in Crockett)
JASPER (the biggest one... it has always been there even though they hadnt played in a while.... but it really got heated last year when newton showed them how to play)
KIRBYVILLE (Long time district rivals)
BRIDGE (brag) CITY (well... I think this will be the only year there will be a grudge held... it is just because they beat "what would have been" newton's jv starters, and newton doesnt take getting beat lightly. Bridge City will not ever again pose a threat to Newton like they did last year)they have been bragging about beating a young team that didnt play like they did in the playoffs, because of the lack of leadership... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! AND DONT GET USED TO IT BCCARDS!!! IT ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN LIKE THAT IN '01!

bccards
07-27-2001, 05:49 PM
wahh 3aroy.. young team..right.. WHO is bragging about their team.. geez man. I have said it MANY times.. It doesn't matter WHO WINS this game.. What DOES Matter.. is how no matter HOW the game ends.. it will be one of the BEST 3A Games in the State of Texas.. REGARDLESS OF THE WINNER.. It will be a close battle all night long.. As your friend said.. Maybe *I* Did go too far saying that you "WILL" be beat.. but will "Put up a good fight" However, You coming to BC's discussion board saying "Newton WILL win" also.. I really don't care who wins this particular game.. just that it will be the funnest and most entertaining game of the entire season for probably both teams..

[This message has been edited by bccards (edited July 27, 2001).]

topdawg
07-27-2001, 09:57 PM
No... actually... sorry to butt in... but newton will probably have many more entertaining games... including those that are deep in the playoffs, when BC will be at HOME!