PDA

View Full Version : Top 10

orange machine
08-28-2010, 11:22 AM
So what's the top 10 gonna look like now?

LE Dad
08-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Lol... No offense OM but I don't care. All I want is to see our O line do for 4 qtrs every week what they did for the last 2 in zero week. :D

gatordaze
08-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Lol... No offense OM but I don't care. All I want is to see our O line do for 4 qtrs every week what they did for the last 2 in zero week. :D

Lol... No offense LE but I am sure OM does'nt care about your Oline and what it did for a half of a game.

The question related to the entire 3A top 10 in light of the first week of play when not all top 10 teams teams won.

Anyone want to comment about something other than the performance of one unit for a half?

bwdlionfan
08-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
So what's the top 10 gonna look like now?

Can someone post the current top 10 and their results? I can't find it online.

ccmom
08-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Since not ALL the teams have played yet this week, I think I'll hold off on speculating on the top 10. Just saying...:)

Looking4number8
08-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Lol... No offense LE but I am sure OM does'nt care about your Oline and what it did for a half of a game.

The question related to the entire 3A top 10 in light of the first week of play when not all top 10 teams teams won.

Anyone want to comment about something other than the performance of one unit for a half? :clap: :clap:

bwdlionfan
08-28-2010, 12:43 PM

Anyone want to comment about something other than the performance of one unit for a half?

:D :D :D

LE Dad
08-28-2010, 01:13 PM

Anyone want to comment about something other than the performance of one unit for a half? Someone might care about Celina if they would schedule someone besides AIR!!!

Quit chikening out on teams likeD'field, B'wood and Prosper!!! Lol
Travel concerns... Yeah concerned about trveling back to Celina with your tail oh I forget bobcats don't have one of those.:doh:

Anyways keep playing air and chest thumpn!! :D

LE Dad
08-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Since not ALL the teams have played yet this week, I think I'll hold off on speculating on the top 10. Just saying...:) Apparently all the teams that matter to Celina have!!:thinking:

:D

gatordaze
08-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Someone might care about Celina if they would schedule someone besides AIR!!!

Travel concerns... Yeah concerned about trveling back to Celina with your tail oh I forget bobcats don't have one of those.:doh:

Lol...Thread is not and never was about Celina. You are the one that tried to make it about your 1/2 playing offensive line!

LE Dad
08-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Lol...Thread is not and never was about Celina. You are the one that tried to make it about your 1/2 playing offensive line! Never tried "to make it " about anything. i made 1 post nothing more nothing less. :thinking:

ctown
08-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Nothing wrong with AIR. It's always fresher at the top. Jus saying from experience. That's all.

So the question is, do you think that's air you're breathing?

LE Dad
08-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by ctown
Nothing wrong with AIR. It's always fresher at the top. Jus saying from experience. That's all.

So the question is, do you think that's air you're breathing? :confused: :confused: That is not a shining example of the use of the English language in any way, shape, form, or fashion, not to mention comprehension abilities. Go back re read and try again. :thinking:

Aesculus gilmus
08-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Okay, we know rankings are meaningless.

But I would posit that Gilmer's impressive 63-28 win would move us from No. 7 to no lower than No. 5, given that two teams above us lost.

1. Brownwood.
2. Carthage
3. Prosper
4. Celina
5. Gilmer

I have no opinion about 6-10. I think overlooked Henderson should probably be in the Top 10. They won big last night.

SOONER09
08-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Prosper #3? I would put Celina above them.

orange machine
08-28-2010, 02:39 PM
I think Argyle should move up in the top 10 for knocking off the number 1 team although I think LL was overrated.

Pick6
08-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by SOONER09

If celina wasn't scared we could of seen that match up.

ctown
08-28-2010, 04:34 PM
:confused: :confused: That is not a shining example of the use of the English language in any way, shape, form, or fashion, not to mention comprehension abilities. Go back re read and try again. :thinking:

Thanks professor. You're original observation wasn't a great example of intellectual prowess either. Sorry if the matrix quote threw you of kilter

LE Dad
08-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks professor. You're original observation wasn't a great example of intellectual prowess either. Sorry if the matrix quote threw you of kilter http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/Hadekin/Motivational/2008052102482746234swag_image.jpg

JJWalker
08-28-2010, 05:03 PM
I don't know about that ... but I think Argyle and Prosper get an extra chip for actually playing in a game. Probably Monahans too.

Oh, and Wimberley. Double chip for playing an winning a tough one on the road at Cuero.

Did anyone notice the WOS score? I did.

Then Brownwood Leons took care of business against a team that should have beat 'em so they should be #1.

1. Brownwood
2. Carthage
3. Wimberley
4. Gilmer
5. Argyle
6. Prosper
7. Giddings
8. Celina
9. WOS
10. Abilene Wylie (because they didn't play ... hee hee)

PHOP
08-28-2010, 07:37 PM

Celina has an easy schedule compared to most 3A teams especially Prosper, Argyle and Lovejoy...keep on living in the past

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
08-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
I don't know about that ... but I think Argyle and Prosper get an extra chip for actually playing in a game. Probably Monahans too.

Oh, and Wimberley. Double chip for playing an winning a tough one on the road at Cuero.

Did anyone notice the WOS score? I did.

Then Brownwood Leons took care of business against a team that should have beat 'em so they should be #1.

1. Brownwood
2. Carthage
3. Wimberley
4. Gilmer
5. Argyle
6. Prosper
7. Giddings
8. Celina
9. WOS
10. Abilene Wylie (because they didn't play ... hee hee)

sealy not in the top 10?? good one!

charlesrixey
08-28-2010, 07:40 PM
My personal top 10 would be:

1. Brownwood
2. Carthage
3. Gilmer
4. Abilene Wylie
5. Celina
6. Argyle
7. Wimberley
8. Lucas Lovejoy
9. Henderson
10. Cuero

ctown
08-28-2010, 08:25 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/Hadekin/Motivational/2008052102482746234swag_image.jpg

Sorry but I don't have a library of snappy little pics to wow all my online buddies. If you didn't understand that air is fresher at the top, I'm sorry.

wimbo_pro
08-28-2010, 08:29 PM
I think Charles might be the best guess at this point. Of course Wimberley performed well and pulled off one of the state 3A's toughest jobs (beating Cuero in Cuero), but I think when you get 42 points scored against you, you cant be considered higher than 7th or so.

I think Cuero dropping to 10th might be an overreaction, but we shall see. They are definitely top 10.

JJWalker
08-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
sealy not in the top 10?? good one!
I know ... I cringed at that when I thought about Sealy. Sorry.

After listening to the Abilene Wylie game. There is certainly room for Sealy somewhere in the top 10. AW still in my top 25 somewhere.

Rocket
08-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I think Charles might be the best guess at this point. Of course Wimberley performed well and pulled off one of the state 3A's toughest jobs (beating Cuero in Cuero), but I think when you get 42 points scored against you, you cant be considered higher than 7th or so.

I think Cuero dropping to 10th might be an overreaction, but we shall see. They are definitely top 10.

LOL why? cuz Wimberley beat them? No, they are not Top 10 because Wimberley beat them.

bwdlionfan
08-29-2010, 12:00 AM
Someone might care about Celina if they would schedule someone besides AIR!!!

Why would you mention them chickening out against us? On another thread today you referred to us as a "sorry little team"

gatordaze
08-29-2010, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by PHOP
Celina has an easy schedule compared to most 3A teams especially Prosper, Argyle and Lovejoy...keep on living in the past

Let's see... who does Prosper play this week? Oh that's right Ranchview! Well if you guys are all that, show us! The bar has been set at 62-14. 49-14 vs the 1st teamers by halftime. It seems that this will be as close as we get to a comparison this year.

Maybe after this next week our "fear" will have subsided and we will just go back to considering Prosper irrelevant.

bigwood33
08-29-2010, 07:42 AM
[i]Maybe after this next week our "fear" will have subsided and we will just go back to considering Prosper irrelevant. [/B]

I am certainly no Prosper apologist (can't stand 'em) but I have a couple of questions for you. 1st, haven't you only been in Celina about 3 or 4 years? Certainly during your "long tenure" in Celina, Prosper has been relevant. 2nd, how do you describe relevant? I agree that when they move to 4A their deep runs will probably end but as long as they are in 3A, they will certainly be relevant.

I enjoy many of your posts but let's be honest here, you have no history with Celina and are not much more than a carpet bagger.

Looking4number8
08-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33

I enjoy many of your posts but let's be honest here, you have no history with Celina and are not much more than a carpet bagger.

I like how this Sunday morning is starting out!http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/smileys/117181.gif

bigwood33
08-29-2010, 07:56 AM
How's it going buddy? The Lions are looking good! We play on Thursday this week and I am thinking of making a road trip to Brownwood on Friday. If I can get someone to come with me, I'll see you at the game.

Pick6
08-29-2010, 08:05 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking4number8
08-29-2010, 08:27 AM
How's it going buddy? The Lions are looking good! We play on Thursday this week and I am thinking of making a road trip to Brownwood on Friday. If I can get someone to come with me, I'll see you at the game.

Awesome... check your PM

gatordaze
08-29-2010, 09:13 AM
I am certainly no Prosper apologist (can't stand 'em) but I have a couple of questions for you. 1st, haven't you only been in Celina about 3 or 4 years? Certainly during your "long tenure" in Celina, Prosper has been relevant. 2nd, how do you describe relevant? I agree that when they move to 4A their deep runs will probably end but as long as they are in 3A, they will certainly be relevant.

I want to aplogize to the board and mostly the fine people of Prosper who have put together 2 of the finest teams in school history and maybe a 3rd. I can only look back to the 3 seasons that I have been here and humbly accept that the Celina teams that my family has been priveldged to be a part of are not as good as and have been owned by the following teams:

Prosper 1-3
Daingerfield 0-2

I am certainly no carpetbagger as I am not a politician, nor am I from the north (although I do live north of Prosper), and I did not move to Celina to pilage anything. (Is'nt Wikipedia a valuable message board tool). But I digress...

Although, I have only been in Celina since my oldest started High School 4 years ago, I do currently have 3 varsity athletes who all have strong opinions of Prosper for various reasons. Actually, my kids are very good friends with many of the Prosper kids and for the most part I think Propser is an awesome place that I would be proud to live in. I really have no problem with Prosper at all, I think Coach Scott is great and I have never STARTED a thread disrespecting Prosper or anyone for that matter!

I do take exception with posters like Keith and Pick and of late PHOP as they come on and talk smack anytime a 6 letter word starting with C, the color orange or a tailess feline is mentioned of which they can draw even a loose association. These folks definately have an issue for some reason yet unidentified.

[clarification-sarcasm]As for being able to draw upon history, what is the longevity required? I looked in the rules and it is not listed. PHOP is the one that wants Celina to stop living in the past and I completely understand that logic and I would as well if the past was so pitiful for my team. Does PHOP have enough Prosper longevity to comment? How about Rocket and bwdlions, and Beast in Brownwood? Where they around in the 80's? Please tell me the rules![/clarification-sarcasm]

[main point] In relative terms PHOP has been on this board less time than I have lived in Celina. In those posts he has managed to piss me off to the point I associate him or her (probably her) with Keith and Pick (which I think are one in the same)[/main point]

bigwood, thank you so much for setting me straight. my fervent hope is that the board will forgive me I will not do it again.

garciap77
08-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
LOL why? cuz Wimberley beat them? No, they are not Top 10 because Wimberley beat them.

Shut up! And go get Wimbo_pro and I some more hot wings!!! :D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketHootersManWorkingatHooters.jpg

:p

;)

Looking4number8
08-29-2010, 09:33 AM
I want to aplogize to the board and mostly the fine people of Prosper who have put together 2 of the finest teams in school history and maybe a 3rd. I can only look back to the 3 seasons that I have been here and humbly accept that the Celina teams that my family has been priveldged to be a part of are not as good as and have been owned by the following teams:

Prosper 1-3
Daingerfield 0-2

I am cenrtainly no carpetbagger as I am not a politician, nor am I from the north (although I do live north of Prosper), and I did not move to Celina to pilage anything. (Is'nt Wikipedia a valuable message board tool). But I digress...

Although, I have only been in Celina since my oldest started High School 4 years ago, I do currently have 3 varsity athletes who all have strong opinions of Prosper for various reasons. Actually, my kids are very good friends with many of the Prosper kids and for the most part I think Propser is an awesome place that I would be proud to live in. I really have no problem with Prosper at all, I think Coach Scott is great and I have never STARTED a thread disrespecting Prosper or anyone for that matter!

I do take exception whith posters like Keith and Pick and of late PHOP as they come on and talk smack anytime a 6 letter word starting with C, the color orange or a tailess feline is mentioned of which they can draw even a loose association. These folks definately have an issue for some reason yet unidentified.

[clarification-sarcasm]As for being able to draw upon history, what is the longevity required? I looked in the rules and it is not listed. PHOP is the one that wants Celina to stop living in the past and I completely understand that logic and I would as well if the past was so pitiful for my team. Does peagle have enough Prosper longevity to comment? How about Rocket and bwdlions, and Beast in Brownwood? Where they around in the 80's? Please tell me the rules![/clarification-sarcasm]

[main point] In relative terms PHOP has been on this board less time than I have lived in Celina. In those posts he has managed to piss me off to the point I associate him or her (probably her) with Keith and Pick (which I think are one in the same)[/main point]

bigwood, thank you so much for setting me straight. my fervent hope is that the board will forgive me I will not do it again.

I told you I like the way this day is going... pretty neat and thought out post gatordaze.....

BwdLion_80
08-29-2010, 09:36 AM
That is just SICK!!!!!!!! :1omg!: :tmi:

Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketHootersManWorkingatHooters.jpg

;)

garciap77
08-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
That is just SICK!!!!!!!! :1omg!: :tmi:

Sorry, Rocket started the picture wars last night, while I was driving to and from the La Vernia vs Wylie game!:mad:

;)

gunsmoke 11
08-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Well I do, so may I have this dance? There was a time when Celina was like most teams. Some yrs. were good and some were not. Prosper was the same I guess, except really they were hardly EVER very good. They just didn't have a good athletic program. Now they are beginning to look better. WHY?? Because of their numbers. They are better, but it's because of numbers. People are moving there in groves. These are not home grown players due to the program, they are move-ins with lots of ability. Everyone gets a move-in from time to time, because of parent relocation, etc. Prosper is on the grow, just look at their facilities, compared to Celina. The football program in Celina has a deep and on going history. Prosper is beginning to have some success, DUE TO MOVE-INS, A couple yrs. is not history. So, you need to enjoy while it lasts. Prosper does not and will most likely NEVER have a football program with as much success as Celina. Celina is a neat small country town where the school officials,teachers,booster club etc. try to help the coaches make players become good young men.

Trashman
08-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by gunsmoke 11
Well I do, so may I have this dance? There was a time when Celina was like most teams. Some yrs. were good and some were not. Prosper was the same I guess, except really they were hardly EVER very good. They just didn't have a good athletic program. Now they are beginning to look better. WHY?? Because of their numbers. They are better, but it's because of numbers. People are moving there in groves. These are not home grown players due to the program, they are move-ins with lots of ability. Everyone gets a move-in from time to time, because of parent relocation, etc. Prosper is on the grow, just look at their facilities, compared to Celina. The football program in Celina has a deep and on going history. Prosper is beginning to have some success, DUE TO MOVE-INS, A couple yrs. is not history. So, you need to enjoy while it lasts. Prosper does not and will most likely NEVER have a football program with as much success as Celina. Celina is a neat small country town where the school officials,teachers,booster club etc. try to help the coaches make players become good young men.

http://xb9.xanga.com/c46f2005d6d32240323809/z190178689.jpg

bobcat4life
08-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Gunsmoke 11 hit it right on the head. Prosper is only good based on numbers. My good source there told me they are now over 1,050 students. They have no real tradition other than losing and now growth causes them to have a few good teams so they cconsider themselves a powerhouse? Im tired of this "Celina's living in the past" crap from them when we have gone to state 4 times since 2005. And we have made 16 straight playoff appearances. Thats not exactly "living in the past"

gatordaze
08-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Gunsmoke 11 hit it right on the head. Prosper is only good based on numbers. My good source there told me they are now over 1,050 students. They have no real tradition other than losing and now growth causes them to have a few good teams so they cconsider themselves a powerhouse? Im tired of this "Celina's living in the past" crap from them when we have gone to state 4 times since 2005. And we have made 16 straight playoff appearances. Thats not exactly "living in the past"

[deflect attention]admit that I have no longevity and consequently no business making comments about Celina history. Someone else that does will pick up that ball![\deflect attention]

LE Dad
08-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Sorry but I don't have a library of snappy little pics to wow all my online buddies. If you didn't understand that air is fresher at the top, I'm sorry. My mistake, sorry for the misunderstanding.

LE Dad
08-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Why would you mention them chickening out against us? On another thread today you referred to us as a "sorry little team" Thats what I am screaming!!!:D LOL

No Rockee boy seems to like to call everyone elses team sorry without regard sooooo why take offense when it gets thrown backatcha. He set the bar of success as winning the SC.... Heck he doesn't even want to watch the Lions if they lose in the SC, lol

.... Soooo I am just using that logic...lol:D

Looking4number8
08-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Well I have to say I find it very very funny that people use the "they are only good because they have the number's card" and Prosper will not do well when they get in 4A . Yet when Brownwood people say we have not won a SC in 3 decades because we were competing with other 4A schools with twice the numbers, we are making excuses. I am not making excuses, only making a point. I know, I know we went 3-7 in 08 when we were a large 3A. I make no apolgies or excuses.. hell, I have no idea why we sucked that year. All I am saying is some of you are a bunch of two faced goof balls...

I will sit back and let the Brownwood bashing begin now. Prosper, you are welcome.. I just got the monkey off your back

LE Dad
08-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by garciap77

;) :D

LOL!!! :) :p

orange machine
08-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Ok let's get back on topic and yes Prosper still sux.:D
1. Brownwood
2. Carthage
3. AW
4. Prosper
5. Celina
6. Giddings
7. WO-S
8. Wimberley
9. Sealy
10.Gilmer

orange machine
08-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Dropping out of the top 10
Lucas Lovejoy
Cuero

orange machine
08-29-2010, 02:13 PM
My personal top 10 as follows
1. Carthage
2. Gilmer
3. Brownwood
4. Celina
5. AW
6. Argyle
7. Wimberley
8. Giddings
9. Sealy
10. WO-S

Bosqueville
08-29-2010, 03:18 PM
1. Brownwood
2. Gilmer
3. Carthage
4. Wimberley
5. WOS
6. Giddings
7. Cuero
8. Wylie
9. Monahans
10. Kennedale

oldtownag
08-29-2010, 03:34 PM
I have seen 4 teams play so far. I would rank them as follows:

3A

1. Carthage
2. Gilmer
3. Atlanta

4A

1. Jacksonville

:fnypost:

BILLYFRED0000
08-30-2010, 08:08 AM
[deflect attention]admit that I have no longevity and consequently no business making comments about Celina history. Someone else that does will pick up that ball![\deflect attention]

You know gator I always find the arguement that longevity or rather lack thereof equals lack of knowledge a specious arguement at best. However I started getting on the boards in the late 90's and had followed Celina Prosper football since the early 90's. I lived in Prosper for a couple of years 91 92. My oldest went to school there for one year. I have more than a nodding aquaintance with the past and Prosper was poor to mediocre when it came to football. The people were fine and the town was a good place to live just like Celina. But Celina did have that great machine just a rolling. The Bobcats last losing season was 83 even before my time. That was during GA's stint at Pilot Point when PP was winning two of their 3 titles and in a time when only one team went to the playoffs. Celina was up against that very man that made them great yet they did continue to play well and win. However when GA went to Celina in 88, well that story has already been written. People that like to bash say history does not matter. OK, I will take that dance. This country would not exist without that history that seems to be so unimportant to some.

PHOP
08-30-2010, 08:44 AM
:eek: :thinking: How to best respond?

Dear Gatordaze et al.

Guess I hit a nerve; all I said was Celina has an easier schedule than Love Joy, Argyle & Prosper. I find hard to believe that most would not agree with that statement.

As far as history/living in the past – WOW you caught me I have only lived here for three years. Yes we are “move ins” – I love this area and have no regrets. My history albeit brief is we have never lost to Celina in football. Every time I talk with a Celina fan they love to bring up that they used to kick our tail and that they have 8 state titles. Let me just clear the air – that is fantastic! Celina has a storied and remarkable history and yes a lofty goal for any high school program to point at and be proud!

What I have done in the past on posts that has your ire has me really confused- I am not a big trash talker, as you can see I am not a regular poster- So , let me apologize for rattling your cage; I think I know why you and many Celina fans are really are pissed off at Prosper.

I suspect – you really are pissed at your administrations decision not to play Prosper this year. I am sure you want to avenge the loss at your homecoming last year. Before you get in a huff let me say I would feel similarly had the roles been reversed. We sure have our hands full this homecoming with Argyle. Although according to some I don’t have the right to have any allegiance because I have only lived her for three years? That crotchety attitude of “you haven’t been here long enough to post” is the real reason why I made the living in the past comment!

I will not apologize for Prosper beating Celina the last two years nor will I apologize for not having a storied history as many of the posters. I believe you should learn from the past, look to the future, but live in the present. Presently both teams are undefeated – Couldn’t be happier and hopefully this time next week both teams can say that.

Pick6
08-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Keith and Pick (which I think are one in the same)

typical of you, wrong as usual.

kobe24
09-01-2010, 05:20 PM

Gunsmoke your wrong... Since prosper began its run at succes in the mid 2000's it has all been homegrown players that have been in the program for years..expecially the 2008 state team most of all those guys who were in the program played FFL with and against each other while attending prosper schools... even the 2009 prosper team had alot of home grown players that were a major part of the team... now this years team? yes it has more move ins playing then ever before and it will prob be like that from now on but thats just how the change is going up here so before you post something like that get your facts straight... and they will conitinue to be relevent..blame it on the move ins but they will continue to be a top program.

Lucky2Coach
09-02-2010, 09:53 AM

Why do Celina fans always show up late to games? Because the Celina kids don't get to play until the 2nd half.

I've heard that joke for many years, and I think it exemplifies how Celina continues to be so good throughout the years.

OldNavy
09-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by PHOP
:eek: :thinking: How to best respond?

....I will not apologize for Prosper beating Celina the last two years nor will I apologize for not having a storied history as many of the posters. I believe you should learn from the past, look to the future, but live in the present. Presently both teams are undefeated – Couldn’t be happier and hopefully this time next week both teams can say that.

I wouldn't apologize either. Winning is fun! There is a formula for winning. Prosper has discovered. I don't think they will loose that in the near future. Occasionally, a school with an average program will have a bunch of great athletes and make a big run, but part of the key to success is to have community support, demand high quality coaching and support the hard work necessary for the kids to compete at a high level each year. Pilot Point learned it a few years before Celina. Celina has had the luxury of having kept high quality coaching for a very long time. Prosper's success is not the result of gifted move-ins, rather a result of the community insisting they find high quality coaching, insisting the kids work harder than they ever had ,and look at the results.

Celina has beaten many teams that had better athletes because Celina was better coached and conditioned, however, if Celina runs into a school with better athletes who are as well coached and conditioned, the athletes win out. So, numbers can make a difference, but they are not the difference. If it was that case, the largest schools would always win and they just don't.

OldNavy
09-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
Why do Celina fans always show up late to games? Because the Celina kids don't get to play until the 2nd half.

I've heard that joke for many years, and I think it exemplifies how Celina continues to be so good throughout the years.

I think you are mistaken a little. It took 37 years for Celina's population to double from 1100 in 1965 to near 2200 in 2002. During that same period Plano went from about 16000 to nearly 300,000. Celina was one of the most consistently winning programs in the state, with a growth rate of what 2% growth maybe. Celina has had the highest winning percentage of any program in the state over the last 50 years. It was not because of move ins because there were lots of places growing faster than Celina. Even Prosper was growing faster than Celina.

In my humble opinion, the move-in that make the most impact are the ones that move in during elementary school and learn the program through Pee-Wee and junior high football. By the time they play High School football, they think they are from Celina, and I do too.

I can think of only one player that moved to Celina in the last 10 years that moved in his high school years that became a starter and was an impact player. Just because I can't remember them doesn't mean there weren't some others, but they have not had a significant impact.

bigwood33
09-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by kobe24
Gunsmoke your wrong... Since prosper began its run at succes in the mid 2000's it has all been homegrown players that have been in the program for years..expecially the 2008 state team most of all those guys who were in the program played FFL with and against each other while attending prosper schools... .
Of course, except the heart and soul of that team, the QB. He was a Gunter kid.

garciap77
09-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach

Well, whose kids play the first half?:D

;)

gatordaze
09-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by OldNavy

I can think of only one player that moved to Celina in the last 10 years that moved in his high school years that became a starter and was an impact player.

Even that one had a dad that played for Celina. I would not consider that a move in a but a genetic move back!

PHOP
09-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
I wouldn't apologize either. Winning is fun! There is a formula for winning. Prosper has discovered. I don't think they will loose that in the near future. Occasionally, a school with an average program will have a bunch of great athletes and make a big run, but part of the key to success is to have community support, demand high quality coaching and support the hard work necessary for the kids to compete at a high level each year. Pilot Point learned it a few years before Celina. Celina has had the luxury of having kept high quality coaching for a very long time. Prosper's success is not the result of gifted move-ins, rather a result of the community insisting they find high quality coaching, insisting the kids work harder than they ever had ,and look at the results.

Celina has beaten many teams that had better athletes because Celina was better coached and conditioned, however, if Celina runs into a school with better athletes who are as well coached and conditioned, the athletes win out. So, numbers can make a difference, but they are not the difference. If it was that case, the largest schools would always win and they just don't.

Well Said - Good Luck to both teams this evening - Hoping for 2-0 records.

On a personal note - I take it you are an old salt - 8 years USN on this end in the 80's- Thanks for your service